Forgiveness can be hard; it’s not just a few simple words or a single action you can take and expect the pain to immediately disappear. Forgiveness often requires sacrifice and time. But it’s important to remember that forgiveness is not something you do for the person who hurt you. It’s something you do for yourself, so you can easily move on.
Holding onto anger, grudges, and resentment affects your quality of life by creating toxic emotions that can lead to health issues such as depression, anxiety, illness and chronic pain. By forgiving someone who has wronged you, you let go of these toxic feelings and find peace within yourself.
Forgiving people and forgetting the wrong they did to you aren’t always easy to do. We can’t forget the past and move forward in life. But we can forgive the people who’ve hurt us in the past and learn to move on with life. It’s hard, but it’s necessary.
Here are some life’s too short forgive and forget quotes that can help inspire you to forgive, let go, and move on from the mistakes of the past.
Life’s Too Short Forgive and Forget Quotes
Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them. Forgiving others and forgetting their wrongs is one of the most difficult things to do, but life is too short for you to hold on to grudges and anger.
1. Forgiving people who have wronged you and forgetting the wrong they did to you will free you from the pain and hate. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
2. Forgiveness is a part of life; we can’t just go on with our lives if we always choose to be bitter about the things that hurt us. We have to learn how to forgive so we can live happy life.
3. Life is too short to not forgive who has wronged you. Learn to move on from negativity and give room for positivity. That way, you are progressing.
4. There’s no better time than today to heal your heart from past hurts. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
4. Most people spend their time thinking about the past and regretting what they did. Learn to forgive and forget your mistakes.
5. In the end, it’s always the same thing; we cannot change what we have done in the past. All we can do is forget it and move on.
6. As long as you keep blaming other people for what you have done wrong, you will never be able to move forward.
7. It’s not easy to forget what has been done to us in the past. But if you want to live a happy life, you need to learn how to forgive and forget all of your mistakes.
8. If you want to be happy, learn how to forgive others for the mistakes they made in the past. If you don’t forgive them today, tomorrow might be too late.
9. Forgiving someone is not an easy thing to do. But if you truly want to live a happy life, you need to learn how to forgive and forget all of your mistakes.
10. It’s hard for anyone who has been hurt in the past, but it’s important that we learn how to forgive and forget our mistakes so that we can live a happy life.
11. Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts; we are never the same. When you find them, hold them tight, for their kind is rare.
12. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Life is too short; forgive and forget.
13. It takes one person to forgive; it takes two people to be reunited. The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive.
14. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you learned it.
15. When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
16. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.
17. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you learned it.
18. If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something or forget, you cannot hate.
19. If you know someone has done something wrong, don’t look at them with hate. They are already doing that themselves with a conscience.
20. Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
21. Forgiving people and forgetting the wrong they did to you is the only way to get rid of the poison they have caused you. Also, it is the only way to be happy.
22. When someone has wronged us, our natural tendency is to strike back or at least hold a grudge against them, but holding a grudge doesn’t hurt anybody except yourself. It eats away at your heart and soul.
23. If someone wronged you in the past, learn from the experience, forgive them for their actions, and then forget about it so you can move on without letting your anger or sadness get in the way of your future happiness.
24. Sometimes, we hold grudges against people because we believe they deserve it. We think that the pain they caused us is enough to justify our anger and hatred towards them. Life is too short; forgive and forget.
25. The grudges we hold do not hurt the other person. Instead, they are a chain that binds us and keeps us from truly living. They prevent us from experiencing joy, peace, and love. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
26. Forgiving others is not about forgetting what happened or denying the seriousness of the hurt. It is about accepting a mistake, making a conscious effort to forgive, and being willing to move forward positively.
27. It’s easier said than done, but we must learn how to forgive others for our own benefit and sanity.
28. No one really has a right to be angry with another for doing what he has a right to do.
29. Holding on to anger only hurts yourself, not the person who hurt you in the past.
30. Forgiveness means letting go of the past. Unless you forgive, you will be held prisoner by the past.
31. Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace. Remember, to err is human; to forgive is divine.
32. It’s not an easy journey to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.
33. If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive. Just forgive and forget about everything that happened in your past. Life is too short for holding grudges. Forget about them and start living a new life without anyone’s control over you.
34. Feeling like you’ve been wronged can be hard, and forgiving someone who has done you wrong can feel impossible. But forgiveness is one of the most valuable gifts you can give yourself and others.
35. When you forgive, you free yourself from the anger, hurt, and resentment you may have been carrying with you, allowing you to move on with your life.
36. Forgiveness is letting go of resentment and thoughts of revenge. The act that hurt or offended you might always remain a part of your life, but forgiveness can lessen its grip on you and help free you from the control of the person who harmed you.
37. To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.
38. There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.
Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
39. When you harbour resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.
40. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
41. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right; forget about the ones who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy; they just promised it would be worth it.
42. Sometimes, we need to learn to forgive people and let go of the hurt they caused us so we can heal ourselves and move on in life.
43. You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
44. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. It’s okay to move on without some people; not everyone is meant to stay forever.
45. People have a hard time letting go of their suffering; they love their pain and wish to continue being miserable forever. I will advise you don’t do this. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
46. Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened. Forgiving people isn’t always easy, but it is worthwhile. When you forgive someone, you are no longer burdened with the negative energy surrounding the person and the situation.
47. Forgiveness will bring you peace and help improve your mood and all aspects of your life. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
48. When you forgive someone, you cut a link from your ankle to theirs and move on. But when you don’t forgive, it’s like taking poison and hoping the other person dies.
49. Anger is the most destructive of all emotions. Anger makes you unhappy and ruins your health. Anger turns your inner world into a battleground. Forgiveness is about healing. It’s about choosing compassion over anger, peace over conflict and love over hate.
50. Life is too short to be angry for a long time. Remember that life is a journey, and if you spend your entire journey mad at what happened in the past or worried about what could happen in the future, you’re going to miss out on a lot of what’s going on right here, right now.
51. It’s hard to forgive someone when their wrongdoing has caused so much pain. But forgiveness isn’t about them — it’s about you. Holding onto the negativity of resentment isn’t hurting anyone but yourself. It robs you of the ability to enjoy today and all its goodness.
52. Stop talking to other people about what happened. Wallowing in self-pity doesn’t accomplish anything, nor does it make anyone feel sorry for you. Making excuses for your behaviour or blaming others doesn’t get you anywhere either. Forgive yourself and move on.
53. It’s okay if friends want to talk about an issue that happened with someone else, but if they want to talk about something you did wrong, it’s better to just bite the bullet and apologize.
54. Avoid those who caused you pain. Whether it’s an ex-boyfriend who cheated on you or a friend who betrayed your trust, avoid these people as much as possible. Your anger will only grow stronger if you continue to see them all the time.
55. Be kind to yourself. Keeping negative thoughts at bay is extremely important when working through any issues of forgiveness and forgetfulness. You need to learn to forgive and forget.
56. Forgiveness is a choice. It’s a conscious decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you, regardless of whether they actually deserve your forgiveness.
57. Forgiving someone who hurt you can help you let go of negative emotions, such as anger and resentment, that are holding you back and damaging your mental and physical health. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
58. Forgiveness can lead to healthier relationships, greater spiritual and psychological well-being, less anxiety, lower blood pressure, and fewer symptoms of depression. Choose forgiveness.
59. Forgiveness doesn’t mean forgetting or excusing the harm done to you. It doesn’t mean you’re condoning the act or reconciling with the person who harmed you. And it doesn’t necessarily mean there won’t be consequences for the person who wronged you. But choosing to forgive means that, over time, you can move past the hurt and focus on other things in life.
60. Some people find it easier than others to forgive someone who has wronged them. The process may be quick or take months or years — there’s no set timetable for forgiveness. One thing is certain; holding on to grudges won’t do you any good; it only hurts your emotional health.
61. Sometimes, it’s really hard to let go of the past. Even when the past is a distant memory, sometimes, you just have to forgive, accept and move on because life’s too short for grudges and regrets.
62. No matter how much it hurts, never let go of those who deserve to be in your life. Because one day, you may wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
63. Sometimes, it takes years to build trust but only seconds to destroy it. Be careful about your choices and what you do.
64. There are so many reasons to forgive and forget. You don’t want to be bitter, resentful or angry. You want to remember the good things someone has done for you, not the bad. You want to keep your heart open to love.
65. When you hold a grudge, you want someone else’s suffering. When you forgive, you are overjoyed at the thought of that person’s happiness.
66. Good relationships don’t just happen. They take time, patience, and two people who truly want to work to be together and forgive one another.
67. Sometimes, you have to forgive people simply because they aren’t ready for your kind of love.
68. There are no limits to forgiveness, only levels at which we need it. Forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.
69. When you forgive others, you are free from anger and hate. When you refuse to forgive others, you remain in the bondage of bitterness and resentment for years.
70. Happiness is not about getting what we want all the time; it’s about loving what we have and being grateful for it.
71. Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry. Forgive easily if you truly love someone because love will sustain you when no one else is there.
72. I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.
73. Forgiveness does not change the past but does enlarge the future. You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.
74. Forgiving is not forgetting. It’s letting go of the hurt. Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.
75. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. The truth is, unless you let go, forgive yourself and the situation, and realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
76. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
77. You can’t become a better person by holding on to hurtful memories and feeling sorry for yourself. Move forward with your head held high and never look back.
78. Forgiveness is not about condoning what someone did to you, nor is it a sign of weakness. It takes great courage to forgive.
79. When we forgive, we heal. When we let go, we grow. Never forget what someone did to you, but always remember who they were before they did it.
80. Forgive and forget is easier said than done because forgiveness should be a choice, not an obligation. It is not something that you should force yourself to do, especially if it is not sincere.
81. Forcing yourself to forgive will only weaken your emotional capacity and make you think that the one who did wrong against you is right.
82. I choose to forgive those people who hurt me; I choose to turn the other cheek; I choose to live by example; I choose to hold my head up high. I choose to learn to forgive and forget because life is too short.
83. It’s not easy to forgive someone who has wronged you, but it is one of the most important things we can learn. Forgiving someone doesn’t mean that what they did was right; it just means that we accept the fact that no matter how wrong they were, they didn’t deserve what they got.
84. Forgiving someone doesn’t mean what they did wasn’t wrong. It just means that you are not going to let their mistakes rule over your happiness.
85. Life is too short to be unhappy. You must be at peace with yourself and where you are. Life is too short, so forgive and forget.
86. Life is too short to start your day with broken pieces of yesterday; it will definitely destroy your wonderful today and ruin your great tomorrow.
87. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason.
88. I’m not saying you have to forgive someone who wronged you. That’s your choice. But I believe that people need to realize it’s not about the other person; it’s about you.
89. You don’t need the other person to be involved in your forgiveness. You can forgive without seeking reconciliation. In fact, it may never be appropriate for the relationship to be restored — but that doesn’t mean you can’t still choose forgiveness for yourself.
90. Once you choose forgiveness, there are many ways your life will change for the better: You will be able to receive love from others.
91. Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.
92. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.
93. Forgiveness is really a gift to yourself. Have the compassion to forgive others, but also have the compassion to forgive yourself.
94. If you want to forgive someone, be willing to let go of your anger and animosity toward them. Showing empathy towards the other person’s situation can also help you understand where they are coming from and make forgiving them easier.
95. Making an effort to rebuild your relationship with the person who has hurt you may also help you forgive them.
96. Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.
97. Forgiving others is essential for spiritual growth. While painful, your experience of someone who has hurt you is now nothing more than a thought or feeling that you carry around.
98. By forgiving the person who wronged you, you’ll no longer be giving power to those negative thoughts. You’ll free yourself and heal your spirit.
99. Forgiving another person isn’t condoning what they did or saying it was okay. It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past or forgetting what happened. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life.
100. Forgiving someone for hurting you is a noble thing to do. It’s one of the most selfless things a person can do, actually, because in order to forgive someone else, regardless of how much they hurt you, you need to be bigger than what they did or said.
Hey there! Thank you for checking the collection of “life’s too short forgive and forget quotes”. I hope you found value. Please drop your comments below, so I can know how to serve you better. Thank you.