Friends and family are an important part of life because they help you grow as a person, but losing friends and loved ones is something we all have to face eventually.
Although you never really want to lose a close family member or friend, it does happen.
Losing someone you love is probably the hardest thing to go through in life, and sometimes there isn’t anything anyone can say that will make you feel better about it.
While losing friends and family can be extremely heartbreaking, reading the right quote at the right moment is something soothing and wonderful to do.
Some quotes about losing friends and family will help remind you of the good times you had with your loved one and even bring a smile to your face.
If you are looking for quotes about losing friends, finding strength, learning to let go, or getting through one of the hardest things life can bring you, then feel free to read on.
Quotes About Losing Friends and Moving on
When you lose a close friend, it’s almost like losing a part of yourself. The pain is so strong and immense that sometimes it feels like you’ll never be the same again, nor would you be able to move on without the person in your life.
1. Losing a friend is like burying someone you love, pouring concrete into their space, an eternal pain that covers your heart with a heavy blanket of loneliness and sorrow.
2. Losing a dear friend is not something you can prepare for, it is never easy, and it is certainly an experience that will leave you in pain and unbearable.
3. When you lose a good friend, it’s like having an empty place in your heart where someone you love used to be.
4. Grief is like an unwelcome intruder that wreaks havoc on the human body.
5. Death is the ultimate loss, especially when it happens to someone so close. The agony of losing a special friend is like the end of the world.
6. Knowing that a great friend has crossed over to the other side is a hard thing to deal with. You can never be prepared for the pain, loneliness, and sorrow tied to your loss. However, it’s important to remember that you are not alone in your pain.
7. When a beautiful friend dies, it’s like losing a limb – it’s a hard feeling to describe that stays with you forever.
8. Death is one of the hardest things to face, but it can be especially painful when someone close to you dies.
9. When a friend passes away, it can leave you feeling like you’ve been hit by a truck. As if the finality of death wasn’t bad enough, the tears and funeral don’t always help.
10. Ever wonder what happens after you die? I’ll tell you. Your body decomposes, and your soul is reborn.
11. Losing you doesn’t mean I lost everything.
12. Losing a sweet friend is not easy, but it’s okay to remember that they are in heaven above. They are always with you in spirit.
13. Losing a dear one helps you to know that you are not alone in your grief and that life is a gift while it is happening.
14. I miss you very much, but your memories bring me smiles. I love and miss you, my wonderful friend.
15. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
16. A heart that lasts forever may beat for a century. But there will never be friendship like the one we shared.
17. The memory of you will linger with me forever. There’s been no friendship quite like ours. Friendships like ours, however, will last beyond time.
18. People come and go, but true friendship lasts forever. You’ll always be in my heart.
19. We’re never saying goodbye. The great adventures we had together, the long talks and inside jokes, the memories are all here to stay.
20. I remember in the summer of 2010, you made me press a heart-shaped confetti cake in your album. And now I wish it could last forever.
Sad Quotes About Losing Friends
It’s sad but true. Loss is inherent in every life. It’s not something that happens; it’s something people endure. How you endure and cope with loss is one of the things that define your character.
21. The saddest thing about losing friends is that you never know when you’ll meet again.
22. When two friends say goodbye, they don’t know when their paths will cross again. It’s not a matter of “if.” It’s just a matter of “when.”
23. Time is a memory that goes on forever, but it never comes back. Lose some friends because time will get them all in the end.
24. You say I’m not your goodbye. But the truth is you’re still here, lingering in my skin and bones. And my heart still beats as fast as a hummingbird’s wings.
25. Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away to the next room. I am I, and you are you that we are still whatever we were to each other. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used. Put no difference into your tone; wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
26. Best friend, what hurts the most, is not being able to say goodbye.
27. A friend you love has passed on, and you don’t know how to grieve. Maybe even more importantly, how do you give comfort? It’s not something you learn from a classroom or read in some guidebook. You do. And then you do it again. And you never forget what it feels like to be in that place where life hurts so much.
28. People come and go in your life. Some people will turn into lifelong friends, but some will eventually slip away into the nether lands of your life.
29. When you lose a friend you cherish, remember that life continues. The world keeps turning, and it will find a way to let you know that there are still many blessings awaiting you.
30. Chum, you will forever remain in my hearts and thoughts, forever missed.
Losing Your Friends Quotes
31. When we’re apart, my heart won’t ever quit beating for you. You’ll always be my best friend.
32. The love of a friend is life’s greatest gift. It’s hard to let go of anyone you love, but it’s even harder to hold on to them for too long.
33. We’re not saying you should sit idly by and let go of your loved ones when it’s time to say goodbye; instead, we want you to be brave enough to accept the fact that life is too short to mope around and pout. So be brave, say goodbye, forgive, and live.
34. It’s easy to have a heart that’s bruised and battered, but it’s not easy to keep a heart in one piece.
35. Parting is such sweet sorrow, eh? It’s like, one day, you’re bawling your eyes out and rocking out to Adele non-stop, and the next morning you wake up feeling a bit empty but just knowing how much better it will be without them in your life.
36. Nothing lasts forever. Permit yourself to move on with the loss of a dear friend.
37. One day, the loss will turn into beautiful memories. And you’ll smile when you remember the happy life you shared with your friend.
38. In time, all the pain will fade into beautiful memories. There would be times that you’ll forget and start to smile.
39. Don’t let the grief of losing a friend overwhelm you. One day, the memories of a lost loved one will be comforting. The pain will fade into a distant memory, and you will find comfort in their continued presence around you.
40. Grief doesn’t go away. You learn that it’s okay to be sad and to cry, but that life does go on.
Losing Toxic Friends Quotes
Toxic friends don’t love you. They love what you are or what they can get from you. If a friend puts you down, betrays you, does drugs around you, or embarrasses you for their amusement—they aren’t your friend.
41. Looking back on your time with them can make you feel nostalgic and reflective. And yet, sometimes it pays to remember that there is a reason you had to let them go.
42. Nobody is perfect in this world, including you, and that’s okay! Instead of feeling sad, let the sadness turn into a beautiful space where you can find support, love and comfort.
43. It’s okay to say goodbye to toxic friendships. Friends should strengthen you. They should bring light, laughter, and joy into your life. If someone does not positively contribute to your life, it’s perfectly okay to walk away.
44. It’s okay to walk away from toxic relationships. In a world that emphasises being ‘cool’ and ‘popular,’ it can be difficult to stand up for yourself.
45. The photographs you have collected will remind you of the moments that you have cherished, even though you thought the lost one was gone forever.
46. I’ve been there, too. I understand. It was hell at first, but it gets better with time.
47. Pain sucks. I know this because I’ve been there. But you know what sucks even more? The long, lonely road of trying to get better all alone.
48. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal, but no matter how much it may hurt now, you’ll find a way to smile again someday.
49. Regret will one day fade away, but you’ll always cherish good memories.
50. For most folks, they don’t have anybody to miss them when they’re gone.
Quotes About Losing Fake Friends
Some people come into our lives and quickly leave. Some stay for a while, whilst others become permanent fixtures in our hearts, forever etched into our memories. Time, as it passes, will tell you who is real and who is fake.
51. Sometimes, you lose a friend, not for days or weeks, but years. And even though the pain eventually fades away, it’s still hard to recall what life was like before they left.
52. Don’t lose good friends; let bad friends go!
53. Don’t be afraid to lose those who are toxic or bad for you—to keep the ones who will support you and help you grow.
54. After all is said and done, there are two kinds of friends: Those who accept you with all your flaws and those who pretend they don’t notice them.
55. Losing friends you thought were real is one of the hardest lessons to learn— Stay true to yourself. Don’t be afraid to remove the fake people from your life and surround yourself with genuine friends.
56. Fake friends are just an illusion. Friends who are truly are a blessing from up above!
57. My life changed when I realised that everyone I thought was cool wasn’t cool at all. You can have thousands of “friends” on social media, but you don’t know who they are. It’s better to have a few real friends than thousands of fake ones.
58. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
59. We all have real friends. Don’t worry about the people trying to hold you back; focus on the friends that will motivate you and make you feel like a king.
60. You’re not a priority for some people—you’re an option. And, you can’t make everybody happy all the time. Spread your love around instead of wasting it on undeserving people.
Losing Bad Friends Quotes
Sometimes, toxic people will come into your life, and you need to be let go of such friends. And for people who bring you joy and help you grow, hold onto them. It’s not always easy to lose those who seem toxic or bad for you, but if it’s for the greater good— go for it.
61. A word of advice: Don’t be afraid to let go of those who don’t support you or help you grow—to welcome in those who have the potential of doing both.
62. Don’t waste time holding onto bad friends. Let go of those who hold you back or tear you down, and surround yourself with supportive people who will help you grow as a person.
63. Bad habits are like bad friends. They seem fine for the moment, but in hindsight, you’re annoyed that you had them in the first place.
64. Don’t get caught up in the naysayers and fear losing friends or people’s approval. You don’t need those who don’t bring positivity and growth for you. Keep the close ones who will always support your dreams.
65. Friends are precious, but not all of them are, and it’s perfectly okay to break up with people who are holding you back from being amazing.
66. Don’t be afraid to be alone with your thoughts. It’s important to take time for yourself from time to time and re-evaluate who is an asset or a liability in your life.
67. Sometimes, it is difficult to remember life before you lost a friend.
68. Don’t just stick with the same dark-room regulars. There are tons of new, super talented folks you can be friends with in the world.
69. Remember, if a friendship is bad for you, you don’t deserve it.
70. When someone dear to you passes away, it’s difficult to focus on anything but their death.
Losing Friends and Family Quotes
Losing someone dear to you is one of the hardest things you’ll ever endure. You go through the initial pain, but eventually, it fades away. You never forget that friend or family member, and even though it’s painful, it does get a little easier.
71. It can be difficult to remember life before a friend or loved one passed away. But do yourself a favour and remember so that you can honour their memory properly.
72. When a loved one dies, we remember them by celebrating the joy they brought to our world. We cherish the memories of their laughter, optimism, joy, and kindness.
73. If you have lost someone, you will feel every moment. However, what’s important is not how it feels, but that you continue to live your life and experience the things they would have wanted for you.
74. Friendship isn’t measured in time. It’s measured by the moments that last a lifetime. And no matter how far apart we are, we will always be connected by them.
75. Good friends are the closest thing we have to magic. They make our lives better and all those around us happier. If you’re lucky enough to have a good friend, don’t forget how lucky you are.
76. Great friends are hard to find, it’s true. It’s like looking for diamonds in the rough.
77. Death still leaves an indelible mark on the heart and minds of all those left behind, even with time.
78. Losing someone close to you is like having your heart walk outside of your body. The only way is to learn to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward before it completely shatters.
79. You may feel like you’re dying a little bit inside, but in time, the pain will lessen, and you’ll begin to love again.
80. Losing a loved one can be the ultimate test of who’s in your circle and who isn’t. But as painful as it is, you learn a lot about people during times like these.
Short Quotes About Losing Friends
The loss of a dear friend is more than just an end to the life of someone you cared about; it’s also the end of a connection that you took for granted.
81. When you lose someone close, your best friends are the ones who step up. The ones who let you lean on them to get you through.
82. To lose someone you love is difficult in the first place, but to cope when you don’t have a network of friends and family to support you is one of the most devastating things that can happen.
83. Farewell, my friend. We’ve shared so much together. But after all, you’re still just a part of me.
84. When a beautiful friend becomes a memory in your heart, that memory becomes a treasure.
85. Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. They are the family we choose for ourselves.
86. Time is a great healer of wounds. If you’re lucky, you’ll have someone to help you through the pain and guide you toward a new friend.
87. You’ve been hurt, but your heart will mend.
88. When you lose someone close, that’s the ultimate litmus test of your relationships and friendships.
89. It’s a scary, lonely place when you lose a great friend and a wonderful companion.
90. You had a friend in me. You will always be in my heart until we meet again.
Quotes About Losing and Gaining Friends
It’s strange that we don’t remember days and remember moments. The moments you spend with friends make a difference in life. There is always a moment for our time to be restored. After losing any loved one, we should believe that our time will be compensated later, especially when thinking of them.
91. Death of a good friend leaves a heartache that no one can heal; love leaves a memory that no one can steal.
92. Grief comes in waves. Sometimes it washes over you and leaves you gasping for air. At other times, you’re able to breathe calmly and remember why you wanted to live in the first place.
93. Pain doesn’t cause you to lose. It helps you gain. It makes you stronger. It teaches you what to do and what not to do for the rest of your life.
94. We were never meant to last forever, and you were never meant for me. Yet we find ourselves together all the same for just a little longer.
95. When you lose a close friend, it’s like you’re walking in the dark, with no flashlight to guide you.
96. People care about you. If you feel lost, remind yourself of the special moments you shared with a close friend before losing them to the cold hands of death.
97. It’s not easy to say goodbye. You can never know what someone else is going through. Friends could be the last light you have before permanently walking out of your life.
98. Friends may come and go, but they will never leave you. Time can make your heart grow stone-cold, but you’ll always have friends to warm right up again.
99. When you lose someone special, that’s when you learn who your true friends and family are. That’s when the masks come off, and relationships are truly revealed.
100. Losing a friend feels like you’re walking in the dark and losing your flashlight. Your family is there, but sometimes they aren’t enough. “No one can take the place of a friend who is truly a friend.”
If you have lost a friend or loved one, take comfort in the fact that your friendship was pure and real.
I hope the losing friends quotes above quotes will provide some comfort to anyone who has suffered a loss in their lives and that after reading these quotes, you will find some solace in them.
Thanks for checking out this post, and don’t forget to share it with your friends.