Women of colour are leading in business, research and technology. They are starting businesses, running media outlets, breaking ground, and managing multi-million dollar companies. As women of colour reach the top more and more young women will be inspired by these women leaders.
However, black women overcome many obstacles to succeed in business. They work twice as hard to win a fraction of the credit they deserve. They are said to face stereotypical expectations, discrimination, and non-supportive institutions. But they have character, and they do it anyway — succeeding and excelling despite the odds against them.
One of the most important factors affecting whether black women will become business owners or not is the family and social support network that exists for women who are considering this lifestyle. Often, it is one or two individuals who believe in a businesswoman’s dream and act as cheerleaders.
These women face a mountain of challenges that they must overcome in order to succeed, which can be quite overwhelming. Howbeit, motivating them would go a long way to help them succeed. Hence the collection of motivational quotes for black business woman below. Don’t hesitate to use them to get inspired or inspire others.
Motivational Quotes for Black Business Woman
Being a black businesswoman is a beautiful thing. You are the only person alive who can bring a smile to your face today. You have the power to change the world around you. Be inspired and empowered by what you do. If you want to reach places people have never been before, believe in your own motivation!
1. Black women are the definition of success in this world. They set the foundation for our communities, inspire and encourage others, and create exceptional opportunities for themselves and their families.
2. Every black woman deserves to be viewed as a business owner, not just a human. The world needs more black women in business because they bring with them a unique perspective and passion for success.
3. You are strong, you are smart and you are beautiful. Be true to yourself and do what makes you happy.
4. Be patient and your efforts will be rewarded. Trust your intuition above all else and don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough. It’s in your best interest to love yourself.
5. You were made for greatness. You were made to stand out from the crowd. Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something.
6. You are destined for greatness. You will achieve your goals and strive to be exceptional. All is possible, go out there and make it happen!
7. Don’t be afraid to do what you love. Follow your dreams as if there were no obstacles. Manage yourself and always go above and beyond. And most importantly, be true to yourself.
8. Owning a business doesn’t mean you have to be perfect. Owning a business means you struggle and learn a lot. Owning a business is the true definition of success. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
9. You are the strongest woman I know. You will always be. Head up, shoulders back and chest out! It’s not an easy journey but success will be yours. Just remember, you’re the strongest woman I know.
10. You always have the choice to make things happen. In business and in life, sometimes you’re up, and sometimes you’re down. It doesn’t matter which way it goes for you. We always come back stronger than ever. You’ll choose your own journey. But we’re here to lift you up when it’s hard so that you can reach your highest potential.
11. Business is a journey and you’re on the path. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, learn from them and keep going. No one is perfect. No matter how much we want to prove that, sometimes we need a little reminder from time to time.
12. Your business – it’s not rocket science, but sometimes you need a little help getting started. It may sound daunting, but with a little focus and commitment, you can create something really special.
13. It’s simple. Don’t try to be great, just be good enough, then move on to the next one. Sometimes, it feels like the world is against you. But when you’re working hard, believe in yourself and persevere, things always get better.
14. There are no limits to what you can accomplish. Just be willing to work for it, and remember, no one ever succeeds on their own—always with the help of others!
15. Life is a journey, not a destination. Start small and work towards your goal with patience and determination.
16. Life has challenges we all face. When the road seems like it’s too hard and you can’t take another step forward, remember just start small and work your way up to your goal. Remember, change takes time and persistence.
17. Life is about the challenge and about moving forward. Set big goals and take a small step towards them every day. Everything begins with a little bit of motivation, it all starts with a first step.
18. Determination and small steps can take you miles. Set goals that are measurable and achievable. Work hard to reach them, and if you don’t succeed the first time, try again.
19. We all face challenges. Life isn’t easy, and success rarely comes without struggle. With patience, hard work, and commitment, you can overcome anything in your business.
20. Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. As a black businesswoman, you have to be twice as good. Remember to spend your time doing what you love.
21. Black businesswomen build a legacy of excellence in a variety of fields and industries. We believe they should be celebrated.
22. She’s a go getter, not just because she’s black and proud, but also because she’s smart and talented. She owns her success with grace and poise.
23. A woman’s worth is not determined by her salary and title. It is determined by her purpose, the value she imparted to others and her effort to improve.
24. Every day, you have the choice to make a difference in your life and the lives of others. Take the chance to explore new parts of yourself and find new opportunities to grow. Go beyond what you know and what you’ve done before and create a plan for tomorrow today.
25. Being a successful businesswoman is not about how well you dress or what your hair looks like. It’s about knowing yourself, being proud of who you are, and being true to yourself while working your way up the ladder once you’ve reached the top.
26. You don’t have to be rich or famous to have a happy life. You have to be passionate, learn to accept and love yourself, and find meaning in your own life.
27. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Focus on what you do well and you will be happy.
28. We must accept finite disappointment, but we should never lose infinite hope. Black women are unstoppable. They’re smart, talented, beautiful and strong in every way.
29. Black businesses are stepping up and creating opportunities for themselves, even when it’s not easy.
30. Be your boss and run your own business. You have to work hard to get where you are, but good things come to those who hustle.
31. Black women are the heart of our families and communities. We will continue to be the bedrock of our communities for generations to come. Be your boss. Be your dream maker.
32. No matter how many obstacles you face, there’s always a way to find success. You are the master of your marketplace. There is no greater power than yourself.
33. Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes years of hard work and dedication. Learn from your past mistakes, but never forget to enjoy the process.
34. You are not defined by your past, but rather by the choices you make and the vision for the future. Success will never come to you if you are not willing to do the work.
35. Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. Black businesswomen are setting the tone and paving new pathways for success.
36. Fearless women conquer fear and set their minds to achieve whatever they want. Don’t let fear keep you from chasing your dreams. You’ve got what it takes to make it happen!
37. Don’t let your obstacles stop you from achieving your goals. Just be careful of who you cross at the intersection because that’s where dreams get crushed.
38. Don’t put your head in the sand, face the reality. There are all kinds of opportunities for you to succeed. We are the ones to make things happen. So go out there and do it.
39. Success doesn’t happen overnight, but if you want it bad enough, you will put in the work and become successful.
40. There is strength in numbers. Power to the people who have been overlooked and ignored for too long. The path to success is paved with the bricks of failure.
Black Business Woman Quotes
Like a black woman, your business can be strong and powerful. Like a woman, it will always endure. Be you and never be afraid to make hard decisions. Your business is your career, always remember that.
41. Black women are the most powerful tool in the business world. We can do anything if we put our minds to it!
42. Black women don’t need to be perfect. We just need to be better than those who try to make us feel bad about ourselves and we do it without even trying. It takes a strong woman to be successful in business.
43. The best things in life are achieved when you put your mind to them. Don’t let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do. You have the power to make the decisions that help you reach your dreams, and find success and happiness.
44. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Don’t let anyone bring you down. You have to believe in yourself. There’s always a way, it’s up to you to find it.
45. There is a lot of pain in the world. There is also a lot of beauty. When you see something beautiful, do not just look at it, but feel it with your whole heart.
46. The most important thing is to have an idea. The next most important thing is to find a way of making that idea happen. The last but not least important thing is to keep moving forward when things look bleak.
47. You are not just a black businesswoman, you are an entrepreneur who has the strength, knowledge, and determination necessary to make whatever dreams or goals you have come true.
48. You are a businesswoman, remember it, be proud of it but don’t let it define who you are.
49. Black excellence is the ultimate weapon against racism. You have nothing to lose but your chains.
50. You do not have to accept what life hands you. You can change your world and make things happen.
51. Success is never final. Failure can be a great teacher, so work hard and be aware of the lessons that life has for you.
52. To conquer fear, we must first remove the illusion of its power. Fear can only control us if we allow it to do so.
53. Black women have always been entrepreneurs. We own our successes and failures, we are trailblazers who pave the way for those behind us, and we always try to make the most of life’s opportunities.
54. Always keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve.
55. As a black businesswoman, I know that you have to work twice as hard for what you get. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.
56. Black businesswomen make the world great. They’re keepers of history and progress, and they’re working every day to ensure that their children’s futures are brighter.
57. Black women in business are never “too late” to seize the day, they just have to be willing to take risks and ask for what they want.
58. With a little extra hustle, we can make it. Black women are powerful beyond measure.
59. Be the best business woman you can be: Be a good friend, partner and/or leader in your industry.
60. Your past doesn’t have to be your future. Believe that you can accomplish all of your goals and reach all of your dreams.
61. Don’t be afraid to dream big. You might not get there tomorrow, but in time you will definitely get there.
62. There’s nothing wrong with being a black female entrepreneur. It is time we start believing in our own strength and that real greatness is possible for us.
63. Black women are warriors who don’t just raise their fists, they lift our entire community up. We are unstoppable!
64. Successful businesswomen are not afraid to take risks and face challenges. They believe in their own power and strength of character.
65. There’s nothing more powerful than being successful and owning your own business.
66. You can’t give a book to somebody and tell them to read it. You have to read it yourself before you can give it to somebody else. You have to find your own way of living that makes you the happiest, the healthiest and most powerful.
67. Always be ambitious, take risks and be bold. Never accept the status quo as being “normal.” Stay true to who you are and never settle for anything less than greatness.
68. No matter what obstacle you face, you can overcome it. Only by pushing past those barriers will you find the strength to change your life and help others do the same.
69. The most powerful women are those who are grateful and independent. Hard work, dedication and perseverance is the key to achieving your dreams.
70. If you want to be successful in business, you must do more than be smart. You must know how to listen.
Successful Black Business Woman Quotes
Success is not something you achieve, it’s something you keep striving for. You are only limited by the amount of productivity you have. You are the only person who can decide how much time you spend on your business, not others.
71. To be a successful black businesswoman, make a decision today and live with it, regardless of what the future brings. Never regret anything you do for your family and community.
72. Success is not just about being successful, it’s learning how to be successful. If you don’t know where to begin, just begin.
73. Black Women are more than just a business. Our purpose is to uplift, empower, and inspire other Black women who want to follow their dreams.
74. Black women are the engine of the American dream. We are entrepreneurs, mothers, sisters, CEOs, and community leaders.
75. Black women are the backbone of America. If you want to be successful, you must first be strong.
76. Your success is not an accident—it’s the result of your commitment, hard work and dedication.
77. Don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t do something. The only one who can tell you that is you.
78. Your hard work pays off when you have a positive attitude. Remember, success is about being tenacious, persistent and patient.
79. We are not born with all the wisdom that we need to succeed, but we have the power to learn and grow. Success doesn’t come to you, it comes to those who are willing to work for it.
80. Black businesswomen are redefining what it means to be successful. You are a black businesswoman. You are not just running your company, you are owning it and making it a success.
81. Proud to be a black woman in business. Be confident and bold in your efforts to make the world a better place.
82. Black women are more than just our work. We’re entrepreneurs, mothers, grandmothers and sisters too. So let’s celebrate that!
83. Black women are the leaders of our families, communities and businesses. We are entrepreneurs, mothers and powerhouses for a better future for all.
84. It’s not easy being a woman of colour in business. But if you want to be successful, don’t let anyone or any circumstance stop you from pursuing your goals.
85. Black women are poised to make the world a better place. A woman’s value is not measured by the number of men she serves, but by the number of lives she touches.
86. Our future depends on the actions of today. Let’s make tomorrow better than yesterday! Whatever you do, don’t stop doing it. Keep on going until your dreams and goals are achieved.
87. You are not enough. You are the Universe’s entire supply of everything it has ever needed. If you believe that, and act as if it’s true, it will be.
88. I’m so proud of you! Keep on staying strong and remember, everything is going to be alright.
89. Proud to be a black businesswoman. The odds were stacked against us, but if you want it bad enough and you’re willing to work hard enough, there’s no limit to what you can achieve.
90. Black women are a force to be reckoned with. They are strong, intelligent, resilient and passionate.
91. Black women are the backbone of the workforce. We have always been and will always be leaders in business—in every way possible.
92. Black women are the keys to unlocking an even more prosperous black future. We hold the power of economic mobility, from birth to retirement, and everywhere in between.
93. A woman who is successful in life and in business is one who has learned to do a great many things except be herself.
94. Never let anyone take your power, beauty and success for granted. The world won’t stop until you do. Don’t let anyone hold you back from achieving your goals.
95. Focus on what you need most: your hustle, focus and perseverance. When you dream big and never give up, good things happen.
96. Our achievements are not handed to us. We have to go get them. So, stay strong and keep on grinding!
97. Black women, don’t let anything stop you from being the best you can be. You are not only beautiful but strong and powerful. Black women, you are making history. Keep up the great work!
98. Owning your life, owning a business and owning your purpose is only possible if you are willing to put in the hard work. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do those things.
99. Success is not just a destination but a journey. And it’s not going anywhere—because the people behind it have started to push themselves just as much as you have pushed them.
100. When you’re a businesswoman, you don’t just build your business. You build your own self-confidence, and confidence in yourself and what you do. Be like a black rose, don’t be afraid to bloom!
While many black businesswomen have gained notoriety and attention for the achievements which have been handed over to them, others are equally notable for blazing their own trails; carving new paths that stem from an unwavering desire to create something greater within their given profession.
Motivating them is one of the best things to do for them. And I’m pretty sure the motivational quotes for black business woman here are perfect for that. Let me know what you feel about them.