When you’re a heavy drinker, it’s hard to imagine how you could change your habits. When alcohol becomes a constant in your life, it gradually seeps into every aspect of your being: the way you act, the way you think, even the way you dress, and the people you associate with.
It’s hard to quit drinking. The problem with alcohol is that it gives you confidence when you don’t deserve it and takes it away when you do. We’ve all heard the phrase, “I’ve got a drinking problem.” Most of us have felt the negative effects of drinking too much alcohol. Alcohol can lower our inhibitions and cause us to do things that we normally wouldn’t do.
Getting so drunk that we get arrested or make a fool out of ourselves and cause trouble for others isn’t anybody’s idea of fun. But there is a way to break the cycle if that’s what you want to do. And it isn’t about beating yourself up for making mistakes or feeling like there’s something wrong with you. Instead, you need to learn how to use positive self-talk to retrain your brain to make healthier choices.
If you’re in search of some motivational quotes for quitting drinking, this post is for you.
Motivational Quotes for Quitting Drinking
If you quit drinking, you will never regret it. You will only regret the times you didn’t stop. You will be amazed by the results: a new job, a better relationship, and more time for your friends and family. It will be tough at first, but it’s worth it!
1. Go ahead, and try to quit drinking — if you can. People who can quit drinking are rare.
2. You don’t always need a reason to quit drinking. Sometimes, you just need a second to start.
3. Give up the alcohol, and you’ll find yourself saying: “Hey, isn’t life pretty good now that I’m not drinking?”
4. You quit drinking alcohol today because you are not an alcoholic.
5. You’re stronger than alcohol. Never mind what it’s telling you.
6. Don’t wait for the right time. Just do it. Quit drinking alcohol.
7. Quit drinking for a week, and you’ll save one week’s worth of time, money, and energy for important activities in your life.
8. Quitting drinking is easy. I’ve done it thousands of times.
9. Here’s how to quit drinking. Every time you’re about to have a drink, think about the journey and all the amazing places it could take you.
10. If you think quitting drinking is difficult, try hitting your target.
11. Your journey will only be as hard as you choose to make it. Make it easy on yourself by choosing not to drink.
12. I know it’s hard, but please, I’m begging you. Just quit drinking. You don’t need it. It’s not cool; it’s not cool at all.
13. If you want to quit drinking, make it a habit. Create new, healthier habits; soon enough, your addiction will be a thing of the past.
14. You can’t quit tomorrow. You have to quit drinking today, or you’ll be an addict for the rest of your life.
15. Don’t wait until the New Year. Don’t say you will quit in a month. You have to make it happen now.
16. You’re not nervous because you want to try something new. You’re nervous because you want to stop doing something old; drinking.
17. Take the first step in starting a journey of a thousand miles. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step and quit drinking.
18. To quit drinking like a boss, follow the path of some people who’ve done it before you.
19. If you’re serious about quitting drinking, let today be the first day of the rest of your life.
20. Quit drinking. Start living.
21. With so many reasons to ditch the drink, what are you waiting for?
22. You don’t have to hold your breath until you turn blue. Just choose to quit drinking today and every day.
23. Every day is a new opportunity to choose to quit drinking. Choose better than yesterday.
24. Sometimes, the best way to get over your addiction is to replace it with something better.
25. Quitting drinking isn’t just an option; it’s a choice. It took me nine months. And every day was easier than the day before.
26. You only live once. Make the most out of it. Don’t let drinking alcohol keep you from doing what you want.
27. Guess what? You can do this! Just focus on not drinking today, and you’ll tackle tomorrow when it comes.
28. The best way to quit drinking is to stop starting.
29. If you drink because you’re happy, I suggest you think about quitting drinking.
30. Quitting drinking is simple. My advice: don’t drink today, and see how tomorrow goes.
31. You can quit drinking. The first 24 hours are the hardest. Once you make it to 24 hours, it gets easier. Don’t drink today, and see how tomorrow goes.
32. To quit drinking, you must follow the simple advice of not drinking today and seeing how you feel tomorrow.
33. If you want to quit drinking, my advice is this: set a date and don’t drink without fail until that date. There is no easier way.
34. You’ve made the first step. Don’t give up now. Just quit drinking for today, and see where you are tomorrow.
35. If you didn’t drink today, good job. If you quit drinking, good job. But tomorrow doesn’t win itself, and it’s never too late to start again.
36. No more drinking. Your new life starts today. You can do this.
37. You have the power to quit drinking. You have the power to live healthier, happier, and more fulfilled. By taking your life and that of your family’s life into your own hands, you can be free to live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
38. If you quit drinking, you’re one decision away from a total transformation.
39. If you quit drinking, one day, you will look back at the person you are today and be proud of the person you became.
40. If you keep saying you’ll stop drinking, you will stop in the future.
41. You’re not a failure. But you can’t keep on drinking the way you are and expect to succeed.
42. To quit drinking, throw back a glass of water for every drink you have tonight. See for yourself that you’ll be okay tomorrow.
43. Quit drinking today, and you will never have to say, “I wish I had quit drinking earlier.”
44. When you realize alcohol is starting to ruin your life, it’s time to quit drinking.
45. Everything begins with a first step and ending your relationship with alcohol.
46. If you can quit smoking, you can quit drinking.
47. Let’s be real. Life is better without alcohol. Quit drinking.
48. You can’t afford to let the drinking cost you your future. It’s time to quit drinking and get healthy.
49. It is never too late to quit drinking. And if you choose to drink alcohol, please do so in moderation.
50. You are stronger than alcohol. You can quit drinking.
51. We all have times when we need to be pushed toward our goal. When you’re ready to quit drinking, it’s time to call the shots on your own. Quit for yourself, not for anyone else.
52. To all the recovering alcoholics, you can do it! You need to push yourself to continue and not fall back into your old ways. The reward is getting rid of your addiction and being able to live your life as a sober individual.
53. All I want for you is to be happy, but sometimes the best path to happiness demands changes we’ve been putting off for too long. It’s never easy, but a life without alcohol is possible and worth fighting for.
54. Drinking is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, and the third is routine. The fourth is like kissing your brother.
55. You don’t have to drink to have an awesome time. Quit drinking.
56. If the drink ain’t working, quit drinking.
57. Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not enough. Because each day, you prove to yourself that you’re enough. And more.
58. Quitting drinking is not a destination. It’s a constant journey. But, I’m glad I’ve started on this journey, and I’m not looking back.
59. Sober is the new drunk. Abstaining is the new black. Quit drinking is the new trend — You’ll love it at the end of the day.
60. Put down that drink, and pick up those running shoes. Tonight’s the night to start your journey for a healthier, happier you. It’s the night you quit drinking.
61. If you can quit drinking for a month, you can quit for life.
62. Someday is not a day of the week; it’s a frame of mind. Don’t wait for the perfect moment to quit drinking because there’s no perfect moment.
63. When you first decide to quit drinking, it’s the best feeling. There is no feeling like having your soul and mind back.
64. You can’t begin your adventure until you’re ready to go. When you first decide to quit drinking, it’s the best feeling, and there is no feeling like having your soul and mind back, so take that plunge.
65. When you decide to quit drinking, you feel better and lighter, but more importantly, you’re a better person overall.
66. After you quit drinking, your soul and mind have returned to you. It’s one of the most wonderful feelings and is something everyone should experience.
67. When you eventually decide to quit drinking, it feels great. You are back in control and free to live your life.
68. Incredible feelings are waiting for you when you choose to quit drinking.
69. When you are ready to quit drinking, there’s nothing like having yourself back.
70. Your new life has begun! It’s a new day, and nothing can stand in your way. You are free from the bondage of drinking and crave it no more.
71. You’re going to do this. It’s time to quit drinking and make a change. You deserve a better life where you’re in control of your mind and its abilities.
72. Nothing gives you more energy, a new spirit, and powerful confidence than saying goodbye to alcohol.
73. Quitting is hard, but it’s only one day at a time. You’ll eventually get to a place where you never want to drink again.
74. There is nothing more empowering than stepping up, taking control of your life, and thriving. Quit drinking.
75. There are two options: to continue drinking and die or quit drinking and start living.
76. You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. So make that first impression great. Quit drinking.
77. There will be some days where you want to drink yourself into the ground, so have the strength, guts, and bravery to sit down and tell yourself you don’t need it. You care more about living than dying.
78. Don’t drink your life away. Be the architect of your fortune.
79. Quitting drinking doesn’t have to be hard. Stay motivated.
80. The first 100 days are the hardest when you’re trying to quit drinking. Permit yourself to live a life free from alcohol with these tips for your journey.
81. No doubt, quitting drinking will be one of the most challenging things you’ll ever do. But, with the right support and a few tricks up your sleeve, it can also be one of the most rewarding!
82. Most people find it difficult to quit drinking, but there is hope.
83. If you’re struggling to quit drinking, then remember that it’s not the end of the world – and you will get through this!
84. Get rid of the alcohol! You can do it. I believe in you.
85. Quit drinking – it’s not worth a hangover.
86. Don’t let the things that make you feel alive be the very things keeping you from living them.
87. Don’t get caught up in the details. Don’t focus on how hard it will be. It’s not easy, but you’re strong enough to be sober. You’re not alone. Quit drinking.
88. There’s a culture of fear around saying no to alcohol that makes it hard to quit. Make a change today, and make it easy on yourself.
89. You can find the strength to live a sober life—you’ve done it before.
90. You have so much to live for. Don’t let alcohol ruin it.
91. It’s easier to be sick than sorry. Quit drinking before it quits you.
92. You’re giving alcohol all of your power when you think you can’t live without it. You are stronger than that.
93. You are a better, happier, healthier person without alcohol in your life. Let’s make it happen.
94. Anyone can quit smoking, but not everyone has the strength to quit drinking.
95. When you decide not to drink, you’re saying no to a lifetime of regret.
96. If you’re struggling with drinking, help is available. You’re better than drinking. Accept that. Start celebrating your life today.
97. You can always quit drinking. You just have to decide you want to.
98. One day at a time. One breath at a time. One drink at a time. Want a different life? Quit drinking.
99. It’s not that drinking is taking up too much of your life. It’s that you are giving up too much of your life when you drink.
100. You know it’s time to quit drinking when the bar starts to look pretty good.
Hey there. I hope you find the collection of motivational quotes for quitting drinking I have here helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments about the quotes you like. Thank you.