Though a breakup is not always made with the primary goal of making sure that the partner has a really painful experience, it still hurts. Breakups, truly, can be very painful. It often leads to strong emotions of sadness, regret, frustration, resentment and sometimes anger.
A painful breakup happens for several reasons among which there is little or no communication between partners, due to which the possibility of reconciliation is very less. Sometimes, they don’t want to go on with their lives once the relationship ends. Feeling so empty, being unable to think straight, and our everyday routine is just not the same as it was before the breakup.
As difficult as it might be, we always have to put ourselves first, take care of our feelings and move forward. A fresh start away from them is what should be done in such situations. When you are broken up with and left, it can feel like your whole world has ended. These painful breakup quotes express just how painful it is.
Painful Breakup Quotes
Breakups are painful. The heartache, the anger, the sadness; they’re all too intense to live with. Coming to terms with the fact that your relationship has ended is heartbreaking enough, but having to deal with the pain of losing your once-upon-a-time significant other is excruciating.
1. Breakup is a painful experience for both parties involved, as it often involves divided loyalty of two people who were close together. It certainly isn’t easy to deal with.
2. A breakup is a hard thing to deal with. You have been together for so long and it’s hard to see your relationship end because you’ve spent so much time building it up and making memories with your partner.
3. The pain is so real, the heartache and anguish so intense. The overwhelming sadness will surely take you down. Breakup is painful and may be hard to deal with.
4. The time after a breakup can be one of the most painful times of your life. When a breakup happens, it hurts so much that you feel like your heart has been ripped out.
5. It hurts so much to have a breakup in a relationship. It’s an experience that will leave you feeling broken, defeated and sad. It’s natural to feel angry, depressed and confused. You won’t know how to move forward without your partner.
6. The end of a relationship is never the best part, especially when you’re dealing with emotional or physical pain. But even if you don’t want to admit it, breakups can be painful.
7. Dealing with a breakup is one of the most emotionally painful things you’ll ever have to go through, and needing to cope with that pain can be even worse.
8. Breakups can hurt. Breakups don’t just cause heartbreak and leave you hurting for weeks; in facing it may take years to fully recover from a breakup.
9. It hurts when you break up with someone. It hurts, even more, to see them with someone else because you can’t let go of the past.
10. Break-ups are never easy. They’re stressful, depressing, and suck the life out of you.
11. The breakup is so painful that it is almost unbearable. When you are going through a painful breakup, the pain is very real, and it can often feel like your heart has been broken into two pieces.
12. A breakup is a personal wound that leaves scars, tears, and broken hearts. While time may heal the wounds, nothing can repair the pain.
13. Breakups are painful. It hurts when you lose someone that you love, especially if the reasons are unclear or you think it is unfair.
14. The ending of a relationship is always painful. Even more so when you have started something meaningful with someone and given them all your love.
15. Losing someone you love is an inevitable pain in life even more so when you had invested your heart and soul with them.
16. Relationships are important and putting your heart on the line is a risk. But when the relationship goes under, it’s the most painful experience.
17. It is always hard and painful to let go of someone that you love and especially if it’s a person you thought was your soulmate and the one.
18. The breakup of a relationship is devastating. The pain goes beyond heartache. The angry thoughts and emotions cause turmoil that makes it hard to focus on anything else.
19. It’s hard to let go of someone who has been there for you for so long. It hurts to lose a relationship that you have built up for years.
20. There are no words to describe the heartache and sadness you feel when a relationship ends. It’s like losing a family member or a friend.
21. It’s the worst kind of a pain to watch someone who has been there for you for so long slowly slip away. It’s even worse when there is nothing you can do to stop it.
22. Goodbyes are never easy, especially when it comes from the one you love. It leaves you hurting.
23. Breakups are hard. They make you think about everything that went wrong and hurt you, but they can also leave you feeling empty and broken.
24. It’s painful, but it’s just a part of life. It’s inevitable that you will end up getting hurt by someone you once loved and breaking up with them.
25. Breakups are the worst. The painful ending of a relationship can be so hard to deal with, and it may leave you confused and heartbroken.
26. Breakups are brutal and they hurt. Regardless of whether you initiated the break, ended it, or suffered through a mutual one, getting over your ex and moving on is not easy.
27. Breaking up is hard to do, and there’s no way to be sure you’ll ever get over it. The truth is, it’s a pain that hurts forever.
28. A breakup can be devastating, especially when you’ve invested so much time and energy into a relationship.
29. Breakups are hard, and they leave scars. The ending of a relationship can be painful and leave you with so much baggage. It’s definitely one of the hardest parts of being in a relationship.
30. Breaking up is never easy. It’s painful to say goodbye. And it can be difficult to move on from a relationship that once seemed destined to last forever.
31. The end of a relationship can be painful. It’s hard to let go of someone you love. Breakups hurt. It feels like the end of the world.
32. There is no easy way to end a relationship. It’s never easy, and the pain of breaking up with someone you love is the worst pain in the world because no one deserves to feel it.
33. Breakup leaves you with so much pain. It can be so hurtful to feel that someone doesn’t want to be with you anymore.
34. The worst kind of pain is the pain of being in love. One day, you realize that you are no longer in love with the person you once were. You’ve been replaced by someone better. You’ve lost your grip on their heart.
35. The story of a love lost. A love that once was. A love that will never be. The pain of falling out of love is not just another heartbreak. It is the story of the loss of a whole world.
36. Every moment, you regret it. You miss the feeling of being in love again. You long for that feeling of being their world and the centre of their universe.
37. You feel it hurts. It’s like an emptiness, a hole in your chest. It makes you want to cry and scream and never get out of bed again.
38. Breakup can be extremely painful and difficult to deal with. It’s almost like breaking a part of yourself. It is the most painful thing in the world.
39. You feel like you’ll never feel the same again like life has lost all meaning. There could be no greater pain than this.
40. When a relationship ends, there’s nothing more painful than thinking that someone you love has chosen to be with someone else.
41. Breakups are never an easy thing to go through and it hurts like hell.
42. When you break up with a person, it’s always hard. But the pain can be even more piercing when you realise that you still have feelings for them.
43. The only thing more painful than the end of a relationship is knowing that you will never get back together. It leaves you completely devastated.
44. Your heart feels bruised. And it’s hard to breathe. One of the most depressing human experiences is breaking up with someone. The heartache, sadness, and tears all make the process unbearable.
45. It’s excruciating to be in love one moment, and then have it all ripped away the next. Everything you feel and believe about love is questioned.
46. The painful part about breaking up is that you have spent so much time together. You’ve put a lot of effort into your relationship, but it came to an end. It’s sad but the truth is it’s not easy when you break up because you have spent so much time together.
47. Even after you break up, it’s still hurtful because so much of your love was invested in that person. It’s a slow death; you watch your heart slowly dissolve into nothing. You want to scream and punch the air, but all you feel is a pain like never before.
48. The pain of the breakup is compared to the pain of staying in a relationship that’s not healthy. A breakup is something that cannot be explained in words. It can only be experienced and felt through the heart and mind.
49. Breakups can be messy and hurtful. They remind you of what you gave up in order to be with someone else.
50. You have been together for long. It’s painful to see your relationship end because you spent so much time building it up and making memories with your partner.
51. Breakups are the worst. No matter how great the relationship was when it ends, it’s a genuinely painful experience.
52. The pain of a broken heart is unbearable. It is like no other pain that you have felt before; it makes you feel lonely, helpless and sometimes mad.
53. Breakups are hard. When your relationship comes to an end, it’s painful and heart-wrenching. It’s really upsetting thinking about how much time you’ve spent together and how you will never see each other again.
54. The pain of a breakup can be worse than anything you’ve ever experienced in your life. You will feel like someone ripped out your heart.
55. The pain of a breakup is like a knife through your chest. It’s hard to breathe and you just want to die.
56. Breakups hurt. It’s tough, it’s lonely, and it’s a struggle to deal with.
57. It’s the most painful thing anyone can go through. It’s like a rollercoaster or a see-saw. It’s the worst pain you’ve ever felt, and that feeling lingers on even when you think it’s over.
58. The breakup can feel like the worst thing that has ever happened to you. Sometimes, the pain of a breakup is so unbearable that people consider suicide or self-harm to escape the emotional torment.
59. One of the most painful things that can happen to your life is when you break up with someone. The pain will never go away.
60. Breakups are painful. They may cause you to feel like the end of the world, but they’re also a very confusing time in your life.
61. When your heart has been broken, it can feel like the world is falling apart. Heartbreak is not easy to deal with, and people don’t know what to do when it happens.
62. Relationships end for many reasons, but the pain can be felt for a lot longer. The pain of a breakup can seem unbearable like someone is ripping your heart out.
63. The pain that comes with breakups is one of the worst feelings you can go through. No matter what anyone says, the truth is that breakups hurt.
64. It hurts so much to be without the other that your heart aches for them.
65. Bitter words and broken hearts. The pain of ending something beautiful is always more painful than it seems.
66. The breakup of a relationship causes much pain and suffering. People feel angry, betrayed, rejected and as if their world has been turned upside down.
67. Breakups are always painful. With a painful breakup, you will feel the pain in your heart and soul and sometimes even your body. They make you feel sad, alone, and vulnerable.
68. The pain you feel when you’re heartbroken is a hundred times worse than anything you’ve ever felt before in your life. It’s like your worst nightmare comes true, and there’s no way to escape it.
69. Breakups are the most painful part of a relationship. The endings of relationships are almost always associated with pain and loss, regardless of how amicably it may have been conducted.
70. It’s like you’re being stabbed with a knife. The pain that accompanies breakups and heartbreak is sometimes so intense that people develop post-traumatic stress disorder from it.
71. The pain of a breakup is so immense that it can make someone mentally ill.
72. The feeling of being left—of someone you love, who used to love you, finally leaving—is the worst possible feeling in the world.
73. It’s painful to watch something that was once so beautiful and perfect being torn apart.
74. Breakups are always painful. They do hurt, and it hurts when they should not hurt at all.
75. A breakup is painful and difficult. There is no way to avoid it, regardless of the reason behind it.
76. It is not a myth that losing someone you love can take a mental, emotional, and physical toll on your body.
77. Breakups hurt. There’s no way of sugar-coating it. Some of the most powerful and enduring emotions we feel are derived from the heartbreak that accompanies a breakup.
78. Broken hearts hurt. If you’ve ever had to deal with this pain, you know it can cause sleepless nights, a constant feeling of sadness, and countless tears.
79. The most painful part of a breakup is breaking up with someone you love. It’s like going to war, but you’re fighting for someone you don’t even know.
80. Painful break up is the most unpleasant part of a breakup is the pain it brings. It’s like you’re being stabbed with a knife. The pain that accompanies breakups and heartbreak is sometimes so intense that people develop post-traumatic stress disorder from it.
81. No matter if it’s a long-distance relationship or a short-lived fling, breakups are always painful. But as hard as it is to deal with, there are strategies we can use to help us get through the pain and move on with our lives in peace.
82. Breakup is painful. But it’s your decision to end it. Let others not get in the way of what’s necessary for you to be happy.
83. Don’t let the pain of breakup keep you immobilized. Get back in the game with us.
84. Your pain doesn’t say anything about what actually happened. You need to keep going and not waste time thinking about it.
85. Breakups are always painful. Painful breakups are the worst. Just gonna keep living through them one day at a time.
86. Breakups are always painful. But recovery is possible.
87. Going through a breakup is painful. When you’re heartbroken, all your other emotions are, too. Your anxiety is heightened and all you can do is think about your loss.
88. Breakups are always painful, but the pain you feel when you lose someone you love is worth it.
89. Breakups are always painful, but they hurt more when you don’t have someone to talk to.
90. It’s okay to cry during your breakups. Breakups are supposed to hurt, and it’s normal to feel like you’re dying when someone you care about leaves you.
91. The end of a relationship can be excruciatingly painful. But it doesn’t have to be. You can get through this tough time and move forward in your life again.
92. Painful breakups remind us that it’s important to be there for those we care about.
93. The pain of a breakup is real, but when you’re done healing and ready to move on, your life will be filled with hope and love.
94. It’s a fact that painful breakups are inevitable. But it doesn’t mean you should let it control your life.
95. Anyone who’s ever been through a breakup knows that it’s always painful and difficult. But the sooner you get over it, the better because in the end, it will make you stronger.
96. Don’t allow yourself to feel sadness over a breakup. Breakups are painful, but there’s always hope that the pain will end in joy.
97. Breakups are always painful. Painful breakup. A breakup is a painful experience. It’s not right, it’s not fair, but it’s part of life.
98. A breakup is a painful experience. Be kind to yourself and realize that it’s normal to feel sad, angry, or upset by your breakup. You may want to talk through your feelings with someone you trust.
99. It’s never a good idea to let yourself be hurt. The pain of a breakup is real and can last for a long time, but you’re stronger than that feeling.
100. A breakup is a painful experience, but it’s not the end. Your relationship is over, but you’re still here. And you’ll be able to build something new and beautiful out of the ashes of that relationship.
These painful breakup quotes shows how a breakup is not just the loss of a relationship, it’s the hurt gotten from the break up that is excruciating. Feel free to share and leave comments below in the comment section.