Feelings are not always what they seem. We all have the tendency to hide our true feelings, even from ourselves. We want to appear strong, confident and happy all the time, but that is not always possible. Sometimes we need to be sad because sadness can be a sign of strength.
The sadness behind happiness is the sadness that can’t be measured with a thermometer or a scale, but it is there. It’s something you feel deep down in your soul. You can’t see it but you know that it’s there and the happiness you exhibit is just a mask over the sadness.
There are some happy moments in our lives that never fully make us feel happy. The reason for this is that there’s a form of sadness behind it whether it’s little or not. Here are the top sadness behind happiness quotes you would love to read.
Sadness Behind Happiness Quotes
Many times, it’s difficult to be happy in life. Life throws so many things at you that it’s easy to let of happiness and quotes of encouragement. You may at some point think sadness is the only form of happiness for man, yet, we are encouraged to move on with all the challenges of life.
1. You’ve probably thought to be happy, but felt your joy filled with sadness. It’s natural to feel that way sometimes. In life, we all have moments of joy, but also behind this happiness are stains of sadness and distress. We know the difficulties that life can throw at us.
2. Even in the best of times, sadness lurks. It can be hard to see the value in life when you’re feeling low. Sharing your emotions and seeking support can help bring clarity to the challenge.
3. The sadness behind happiness is what limits the joy of people. We want to help you feel happy and fulfilled, but it’s OK if you’re feeling a bit out of sorts during these times. We’re sorry that things are so uncertain, but we hope you look forward with confidence to the best out of life.
4. Just because we smile does not mean everything is ok. We need to look over the surface and see how people are really feeling. It is a paradox we all have to deal with that in the midst of happiness, there is always that sadness underlying it.
5. The sadness behind happiness is the only thing that would make someone have a cautious celebration. Have you ever felt down? Have you ever felt like you don’t belong? Some of our happiest moments can also be the most bittersweet.
6. The sadness behind happiness has limited the expression of many joyful moments of people. No matter how happy they try to be, they can’t just escape from the reality of life. Sad moments are inevitable in life.
7. Some people say you can’t know happiness unless you’ve known sorrow. That might be true, but it’s important to learn how to hold on to those happy moments because if you consider the sadness behind happiness in most cases, you may never be happy at all.
8. The sadness behind happiness is real. We know what it’s like to feel so happy inside but also troubled by the uncertainty of tomorrow. Together, we can overcome these worries and find the moments that matter.
9. People are smiling, and everyone is celebrating, but there is still sadness behind it. You see the smiles on their face, you see them enjoying their time together but deep down in their heart, they are not happy because there are still things that have not been resolved.
10. Sometimes, it can be hard to see beyond the things that life puts in your way; it is difficult to see the sadness behind the happiness we enjoy. Finding happiness amidst the challenges is something we all have to do.
11. The sadness behind happiness will make you feel like life is running away from you and you’re not sure where you can turn. When you’re going through a tough time, it can feel like the pain will never end. But take heart––your struggle does have an endpoint, and brighter days lie ahead.
12. In life, there are some incredibly happy moments, but also some difficult ones. There will always be sadness behind happiness; this is the nature of life.
13. You see the smiles on their faces. You celebrate together, but you know that deep down in their hearts they are still hurting. It’s ok. We all feel a pull to the past and it can be hard to let go. But you can find joy again. That’s the nature of the sadness behind happiness.
14. The sadness behind happiness is what everyone has felt before. We see the world with different eyes as our heart beats faster than ever and then sadness creeps in because we remember that life is ephemeral.
15. If you’ve ever wanted to be happy but felt your joy tinged with sadness, it is ok. It happens to many people and can be addressed easily. You’re not alone. It’s hard to remain positive in trying times. What’s important is how you react to it and how you keep moving forward.
16. The sadness behind happiness is like knowing that the good times will always come to an end, and the bad times will always come back around again. It’s a painful part of the human condition that we all have to deal with.
17. Sadness is an inevitable part of life, and it’s impossible to feel happy all the time, but it’s important to acknowledge when you’re having a hard time and seek help if necessary. They may be in a celebration mood, but inside they are hurting from an unresolved conflict.
18. Have you ever felt that there is sadness around you? Everyone experiences sadness from time to time. Acknowledging that this is a normal part of life can help you better understand your own emotions and reactions to events.
19. There is always a mixture of sadness with happiness. We just have to choose which one takes priority. This may be hard to accept, but it is ok if you are sad even when you are happy. It may feel confusing or difficult to talk about, but we want you to know that you’re not alone.
20. Smiles, laughs, and celebration fill the room. But underneath there lies sadness. You can see it on their faces. They laugh and celebrate with their loved ones, but deep down in their heart they still feel pain. There are still a lot of unresolved issues that need to be dealt with.
21. Happiness is one of life’s blessings that we’re all lucky to experience, but it can also be fleeting and sometimes comes with uncertainty. There will be times when you feel hopeless. You’ll be heartbroken. You’ll feel lost. You’ll feel sad. And that’s okay.
22. Life can be unfair and hard. When you want to be happy but your sadness makes it hard. You’re not happy because you feel like nothing is going your way. Things may seem hopeless and you don’t know where to turn. I want to help you find happiness.
23. People are smiling, and celebrating, but there is still sadness behind it. We see the smiles on their face but they are not happy because there are still things that have not been resolved. Bad things happen. When they do, we’re here for you.
24. It’s not easy to choose happiness. Sometimes the sadness feels too strong. But if you fight for it, happiness will find a way to win. Sometimes life gets difficult, and it’s okay to feel sad.
25. You’re not unhappy because you don’t know how to be happy. Nobody’s lives are perfect, and sometimes in life, there is tragedy and sadness. Think back to the last time you felt happy. Was there a tinge of sadness? The reason why happiness leaves us feeling sad is that it’s fleeting and we can’t control it.
26. There are good days and bad ones. Moments of joy and moments of deep sadness. Happiness is an emotional journey aboard which life takes us all. Happiness isn’t easy. It’s hard to feel happy when we are sad. I know you feel that way. But if you keep searching, happiness is out there.
27. In life, it’s normal to experience sad feelings in moments of happiness. We are all imperfect human beings. If you’re having a rough day, it’s okay to acknowledge that and accept that it’s how you feel.
28. The sadness behind happiness is what will make someone in the celebration mood, yet unhappy because at the end of the celebration, there are still some skirmishes not fixed.
29. Life is hard, but we’re all in this together. Remember that when you feel like you’re drowning in challenges. Life sometimes doesn’t give us many things in its full package. The sadness behind some happiness is one of them.
30. It’s true that life can be tough. But we’re here to help you turn things around and make your life better than ever. Just as no one is perfect, the same thing with human moods. There is sadness behind the many happiness around us.
31. You’re not unhappy because you don’t know how to be happy. All of us experience times in our lives when we feel like we’re stuck, unmotivated, and lost. But no one’s life is perfect, everyone has problems that they have to overcome. I’m here to help you make sense of things and find happiness again.
32. When you experience loss, you’re not alone. We understand the confusion and sadness you might be feeling, and we’re here to help however we can. Everyone experiences sadness. You deserve to feel heard and supported. No one should have to suffer alone, and there is always hope.
33. We all feel sad, angry, happy and scared at times. Our moods change like the weather. Sometimes happiness can be a facade. Everyone looks happy on the outside, but it doesn’t really mean much if it’s not present in the heart.
34. It can be hard to deal with all the challenges that come with being human. But you’re not alone. We’ve all been there and come out the other side. Anger and frustration are very normal emotions. In some cases, they can be very healthy. They just need to be well-managed.
35. One day, life’s going to throw everything at you, and then you will understand that in the face of the happiness of many people, there lies sadness lurking around. You might feel like it’s the end of the world but, the key is how you react and go on from there.
36. It’s normal to feel sad about some things in life. Whether it’s the end of a relationship or the death of a family member, we all feel sad sometimes. Sometimes you might feel sadness behind the happiness you are supposed to enjoy which can be frustrating and confusing.
37. Everyone’s lives are filled with sadness, worry and stress. Everybody has bad days. Sometimes it feels like sadness is your entire life. But that’s not true! While they are celebrating, they might be hurting from an unresolved conflict. They might be trying to sound cheerful while they are feeling sad behind the scenes.
38. Sadness is an inevitable part of life, and it’s impossible to feel happy all the time. No matter how good things are going in your life, bad things can happen. It’s all part of the journey and makes you appreciate happiness.
39. It’s okay to feel down sometimes. It’s part of being a human being. Life can be difficult. It’s never easy when something terrible happens such as the death of a loved one. But there is hope for tomorrow.
40. Even when you feel you are on top of the world, life may give you reasons to make you sad. It’s just the sadness behind happiness.
41. The human experience is often bittersweet. Avoidance will not make it less so. Why is this? You are not happy not because you do not want to. You are happy also not because everything is alright. Life is complex.
42. Sometimes, not every time, but sometimes, there are longer periods of sadness than happiness. When you understand this, you can work through the difficult moments and stay focused on your purpose.
43. We all experience the highs and lows of life, but when there’s sadness, it can be difficult to find happiness in that moment. That’s where true love comes in—people who care about each other despite their differences.
44. There is no one without sadness over happiness. Once you understand that, you can overcome the difficulties of life and keep moving forward. There’s no shame in feeling sad and allowing yourself to have the space to grieve. There is sadness behind the happiness in the life of many people.
45. This is a mix of emotions that is confusing and often difficult to navigate. If you’ve ever wanted to be happy but felt your joy tinged with sadness, you aren’t alone. Unfortunately, we all face these emotions sometimes, but you can overcome them.
46. The pain of loss is always with us. It’s the price we pay for the opportunity to love. And love is what makes life worth living. Many people feel sad at times, even when they’re generally happy. This can be difficult to deal with, but you don’t need to go through it alone.
47. It’s ok if you’re feeling down right now. Many people feel this way and with a little effort, you can be upbeat again. No matter what your current situation is, life can always be harder. Everyone has had their own share of setbacks. It’s okay to feel sad and frustrated at times.
48. The sadness behind happiness is what will make people have a cautious celebration. Life can be hard. Even when you feel on top of the world, there is nothing stopping life from knocking us down, and it’s not always your fault.
49. Both happy and unhappy people smile, but behind those smiles are stories they will never tell. Behind these walls lies a heart trying to heal.
50. Everyone has felt the pain of loss, disappointment, or sadness at one time or another. These feelings can be quite temporary and usually go away. But for some people, the pain is very deep and may last a long time. It can seem like things aren’t ever going to get any better.
51. The good news is that we can all learn to be happier and move from pain to joy. We can find freedom from despair and suffering.
52. No one knows the story behind someone’s smile. You might see some people smiling away and playing happy but are you sure they are genuinely happy?
53. You may have seen some people smile, but behind that smile is a story they will never tell. Behind this cold face is a broken heart trying to heal.
54. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope. You just have to believe in yourself and your journey. What we now know about happiness is that it is the experience of feeling good.
55. It’s not always easy to face feelings like sadness. But if you hold out for it, happiness has a way of finding you. When we’re happy it’s easy to forget that some people still feel sad.
56. A life without sadness is a life without happiness. Embrace happiness and you will also find sadness.
57. Your smile is a gift but your pain is something only you can understand. You have the ability to heal yourself, and once you do you will make the world a better place.
58. Even the happiest people know that life isn’t always good. Life often seems to be unfair. It can be hard to find the silver lining. Even in the best of times, sadness seems to lurk.
59. Everyone has bad days, and it’s not always easy to bounce back. But there are lots of tricks, techniques, and tools you can use to maximize your happiness and lift your spirits.
60. Life isn’t easy. We all go through phases of sadness, and it can feel like there’s no way out. But if you have hope, happiness finds a way to win.
61. The thing about happiness is that people long for it and are willing to go through all sorts of difficulties to get it. Sometimes, we are so busy fighting our way through that we forget to appreciate all the good things in our lives.
62. Happiness is something that’s fleeting. We can’t improve or control it, and that can leave us feeling helpless. Everyone experiences joy and excitement, but they also feel sorrow and regret.
63. And that’s okay. Accepting this is what makes us human, and embracing it makes us better. Remember the last time you felt happy? Was there a tinge of sadness at being unable to hold that feeling forever? This is because happiness is fleeting, and we can’t control it.
64. Some people smile and look happy, but not everyone knows what they’ve been through.
65. Sadness over happiness will always be the reality of life and the way the world works. We have to accept that and figure out how to keep going forward. Life is not easy, but we can find a way together.
66. But there’s no point in complaining. Sadness is an inevitable part of life, and it’s impossible to feel happy all the time. It’s okay to be sad right now. But remember, you’re not alone.
67. They have a smile on their face, but they’re hurting inside. The next time you’re feeling down, remember that sadness will pass and the storm will give way to calm.
68. If you want to be happy, you can’t let pain and sadness take hold of your life. Life will never be perfect and that’s okay. You have to appreciate the good times and accept the bad.
69. This too will pass. When you’re feeling sad, remember that everything changes and things will get better. The events that you have experienced in your life can have a significant impact on how you feel.
70. Happiness can be very superficial. It’s easy to smile and be happy, but on the inside, it’s a whole different story.
71. Sometimes when things are going well, we worry that things won’t last or they will be taken away. That’s the sadness behind happiness.
72. Life is hard. Even in the best of times, sadness seems to lurk. We often feel as if we have bad luck and are destined for a lifetime of failure.
73. The pain of being sad can be overwhelming. But you deserve peace, and the storm will eventually clear.
74. Happiness doesn’t come easy. It’s natural to feel sad sometimes. But if you fight for it, nothing can stand in your way.
75. You see them enjoying all the festivities, but deep down in their heart, they are not happy because there is still an unresolved issue.
76. Sadness gives way to happiness, which can give rise to feelings of anxiety over time. Empathy counters this.
77. Life doesn’t always work out the way you’d like. But we must stay positive and be grateful for what we have in our lives.
78. If you find yourself falling in love, it’s common to feel an indescribable sense of happiness that takes over your entire being. However, behind the blossoming feelings of love can lie a sadness that may not have been part of your previous relationship.
79. It tough it is to find happiness. There will be times of sadness, but you have the power to keep going forward.
80. Every time you feel happy, you need to enjoy it while it lasts. We never know what life has in store for us.
81. When we are in the grips of happy feelings, it can feel strange to start feeling afraid of losing what we have. This fear might be there, but you don’t need to let it spoil your happiness.
82. They’re doing their best to keep up appearances, but inside they are hurting from an unresolved conflict.
83. There will always be sorrow in joy, this is the nature of life.
84. They may be celebrating, but you can tell something’s really bugging them and they don’t know how to fix it.
85. Sometimes is hard to be happy while dealing with everything that life has thrown at your feet. What matters is how you react to it and how should you go on.
86. When you are in love, it feels like the entire world turns to gold. This is a magical time until you realize that there is a lot of sadness underneath this happiness.
87. When you want to be happy but you realize you can’t fully express your joy because your happiness is tinged with sadness below.
88. Love is what we all desire in life, but there’s a lot of pain underneath this happiness.
89. Hardships can be really tough. We’re here to help you through them. Even when you have the best possible day, life can give you reasons to be sad. It’s just the sadness behind the happiness.
90. Things don’t always go according to plan. And it often feels like things are out of our control. But, we won’t let you face the world alone. Join our community and see how many others like you are there. The world will be a better place if we all work together.
91. When things are going well, we often feel like it’s going to end sooner or later. Even when something wonderful happens, it is hard to just enjoy the moment. That’s what gets us down when we’re feeling happy.”
92. We all know that high of feeling really happy. But we also know the feeling after when we start to feel the sadness that comes with knowing that the high won’t last.
93. We understand what you’re going through. You feel sad but your brain is telling you that you should be happy. It’s frustrating but we want you to know that we are here for you and we completely understand how you are feeling.”
94. You just need to see the full picture before choosing a direction. When you are in love, it feels like the entire world turns to gold. It’s a time full of magic and happiness. However, unfortunately, there is also a dark side to love.
95. If we want to be happy we must first acknowledge that there is always pain, sadness, loss and disappointment.
96. The cause of happiness leads to an increase in the rate of mental activity. Happiness is a component of life and is not a tangible object.
97. It is hard to choose happiness when the sadness feels too strong. But don’t give up, because happiness is worth fighting for and it will eventually find a way to win.
98. Life can be rough, but we’re all in this together. Nobody is alone, and there’s always someone you can turn to for help. Sometimes, things are going well, and we worry that they might not last. The sadness behind the happiness.
99. Know one thing. If you feel sad inside, then you can’t go out and enjoy the world and your happiness will not last for long. The sadness behind happiness is what makes people appear to love each other yet divorce suddenly.
100. The sadness behind happiness may make life so dull but take it easy on yourself. Beating yourself up only makes things worse.
These sadness behind happiness quotes are the world’s reminder to be happy. Because happiness is not only about the smile of a person, it rather is a wholeheartedly feeling