It’s not uncommon to see a lot of people blame others for their shortcomings, whether personal or work-related. It might feel or seem easy to hold other people accountable for our failures or misbehaviours, but to what end? Most times, if not all the time, we only end up shooting ourselves in the leg when we do that.
In life, the importance of being self-accountable cannot be over-emphasized. It’s good to have moments when we carry out seasonal checks of ourselves and actions and as well reassess our current positions and what needs some adjustment.
One of the best ways to hold yourself accountable is to share your goals and plans with other people. Also, it has to do with setting and identifying attainable goals, creating strategies for achieving them, and defining how to handle failure and deal with obstacles that may come up along the way.
When you make a decision, you should be able to follow through with it and be ready to accept whatever outcome it may engender. So, let this collection of self accountability quotes inspire you towards accountability and get you started on the journey to improving yourself.
Self Accountability Quotes
The most important part of any plan is self accountability because if you don’t hold yourself accountable, no one else will. You are the only person who can hold yourself accountable for your goals, dreams, and aspirations. Stop making excuses, hold yourself accountable now.
1. You are the only person you can depend on to bring your A-game. Be self-accountable.
2. Stop complaining and blaming other people or circumstances. You are the only person you can depend on to take action, and get things done. Be self-accountable.
3. No one will create your life for you except you. There’s no one to just put in the work for you. You alone can hold yourself accountable.
4. At the end of the day, whatever you do is your responsibility. You have to be your biggest motivator and hold yourself accountable for every choice you make.
5. To achieve your goals, you must hold yourself accountable and be your best self every day.
6. Remember, the only person you truly compete against is yourself. So, be accountable.
7. The only person in your life who can give you what you want is you. Set goals, be accountable, achieve big things, and don’t let anyone stop you.
8. You can do anything you want to do in life. But you need to want it enough and believe in it enough. You are the only person who needs to take accountability for your success.
9. Set audacious goals, take big risks, and never stop learning. Your future is in your hands. You are the only one that can get it done. Be accountable.
10. Get up, and do something. Be the difference you want to see in the world. You have the power to live your dreams, but no one can do it for you. Be accountable.
11. Create your luck. The best way to do this is to start taking personal accountability.
12. Your dreams will not just be realized by working harder. You must work smarter. It’s not about how much you earn; it’s about how accountable you are.
13. How much are you willing to suffer in the name of becoming extraordinary? Work hard, and fight for your right to become accountable for your actions.
14. Don’t say you don’t have time for the gym. Make the time, and hold yourself accountable.
15. Until you run out of excuses, you won’t make it to the gym. Stop blaming your busy schedule, and be accountable for getting in shape.
16. Stick to your routine. Be self-accountable. Get the exercise you need. You deserve it.
17. You’re busy, I know. But there’s no excuse for you not to get fit in the comfort of your own home. Challenge yourself today, and be accountable. Make it happen!
18. It’s time to get up and get moving. Stop making excuses, and be self-accountable.
19. Your body will thank you for all the positive changes and accountability you’re going to make.
20. If you have time for excuses, you have time for self-improvement. Don’t let yourself make more excuses than results. Be self-accountable.
21. Commit to your success. Tell yourself you will only be successful if you put in the work. Be accountable. Now, go put in the work.
22. You can’t control how much time you have, but you can control how you use it. Be held accountable.
23. You’re the only person you can count on to be there for you. You’re the only one who can get you to do what you need to do. So, be self-accountable.
24. Embrace personal accountability, or you’ll end up in someone else’s dream.
25. Stop making lame excuses for why you can’t achieve your goals. Just do it. Be self-accountable.
26. No one can do your pushups for you. You can’t outsource personal accountability. Rise, grind and be accountable.
27. There are two ways to be happy—be accountable for what you do or realize how lucky you are that you have nothing.
28. I hold myself accountable. I don’t expect anyone else to.
29. Achieve more than you ever thought possible by holding yourself accountable.
30. My attitude is my choice. I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to be victorious by living life on my terms and holding myself accountable for what I’ve created in the past, where I’m headed tomorrow, and the person I am today.
31. Be the person you needed when you were younger, and not only will you make an impact on your children and others’ lives but you’ll be fulfilling a void in your own heart. Be accountable.
32. There’s no better motivation than the guilt that comes from disappointing the people you love. Be accountable for your actions.
33. Go out, and conquer the world. Make a difference by being accountable – it all starts with you.
34. Accountability is the key to realizing all of your goals.
35. Hold yourself accountable by holding your word. Give it all you’ve got.
36. Hold yourself accountable or you’ll end up blaming someone else.
37. You are your guardrail. Hold yourself accountable, every day.
38. Create your opportunity. Work hard, be kind, and hold yourself accountable.
39. Create your opportunities. Push the boundaries. Work hard, be kind, and hold yourself accountable.
40. Success, joy, and happiness all come from creating your opportunities. Work hard, be kind, and hold yourself accountable, and in the end, you’ll have all of those things.
41. The goal is not to create an opportunity for yourself. The goal is to have you work hard, be kind, and hold yourself accountable.
42. You have power. Build your future with your own hands. Do the work, be nice to others, and take accountability so you can create the life you want.
43. Create your opportunities. Taking initiative at work will open doors for you, and land you the career of your dreams.
44. Build your future, and have fun doing it. Every day will be a new adventure, and every challenge will help you thrive and grow stronger.
45. Your future is waiting. You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Work hard, and never stop creating.
46. You have the talent, passion, and drive to accomplish anything. Stay focused and dedicated, and you will make your dreams come true.
47. Know where you want to go. Do what it takes to get there. Never stop being accountable.
48. Do what you love, do what you don’t love, and do it fast. Be accountable.
49. If you can dream it, you can achieve it. But don’t do it alone. Nobody ever became successful without help and encouragement from others.
50. You are in control of your destiny, nobody else can make you feel good or bad but yourself. Stop blaming others, stop making excuses, and start being accountable.
Hold Yourself Accountable Quotes
Hold yourself accountable to your expectations and not the expectations of others. No one else is going to hold you accountable for your dreams, so you must hold yourself accountable. It is either you go hard or you go home.
51. You are in control of your destiny. People can’t make you feel bad or negative. Stop blaming others, stop making excuses, and start being accountable. You’re the captain of the ship, and the captain chooses the destination.
52. You are in control of your destiny. You can make things happen. Stop blaming others, and start being accountable.
53. Stop making excuses, stop blaming others and start making a change. You are the only one in control of your life.
54. Life is what you make of it. Either you control your destiny or you don’t. Stop looking at excuses and start making the change immediately, be persistent and keep working hard until your dreams become a reality.
55. If you are not happy where you are right now, change that. Set your goals high, take action, and make yourself a better person.
56. You have the power to succeed, and you can do anything you want. Hold yourself accountable. Make it happen.
57. Hold yourself accountable. Take control. Be strong. Only you can do it- nobody else can do it for you.
58. You can’t change the weather, so don’t let it hold you back. Don’t see impossibilities because they only exist in your mind. You can change what you wish if you’re willing to take action.
59. You are in control of your future. Hold yourself accountable.
60. You can do anything. But first, you have to believe you can do it. Get into the mindset that you will be successful in what you set out to achieve. Hold yourself accountable.
61. The fear of being judged for our mistakes keeps us from doing a lot of great things in life: taking risks, starting businesses, and growing as people. Embrace the mistakes you’ve made, and don’t be afraid to hold yourself accountable.
62. No excuse gets you to the finish line. Go ahead, and fall. Just get back up.
63. If you don’t hold yourself accountable, who will?
64. You have to hold yourself accountable, or nobody else is going to.
65. Always hold yourself accountable. Always be honest with yourself. Admit when you are wrong, and celebrate when you are right.
66. Blaming others for your problems will not make them go away. Be accountable for your actions.
67. You wake up every morning with a choice. A choice to be better, do better, and act better. Make that choice every day.
68. Life’s challenges are not supposed to stop you. They’re supposed to help you; help you grow.
69. Hold yourself accountable. If you don’t hold yourself accountable for your actions, who will?
70. Spoiler alert: I’m gonna hold myself accountable.
71. You can’t blame anyone else for the result you get in life. You are accountable. The buck stops with you.
72. You’re the only one who can make you do what you really want to do. Hold yourself accountable.
73. It’s not what others think of you that matters, it’s what you think of yourself.
74. Today’s the day to stop giving excuses and start giving results. Hold yourself accountable.
75. I am my competition. I will not settle for anything less than greatness.
76. Never settle. Never get comfortable. Never stop improving or working hard. Be humble enough to learn from criticisms but strong enough to take action. Always hold yourself accountable.
77. Whatever you do, hold yourself accountable for it. Rest assured knowing that you can only do the best you can do, and that’s all anyone could ever ask of you.
78. Nothing will ever change if you keep making excuses. Hold yourself accountable, and get to work!
79. Be accountable for your actions—the good and the bad.
80. Accountability is a choice. So is hustling, showing up, and doing your best.
81. Don’t be afraid to try. But don’t be afraid to fail. Be proud of your mistake: it will teach you a lot.
81. You are the only person holding you back. Hold yourself accountable.
82. You can’t motivate others if you aren’t motivated yourself. Hold yourself accountable.
83. You don’t have to face the world alone. Hold yourself accountable for your words and actions, and never let anyone tell you differently.
84. No one else is going to hold you accountable but yourself. Hold yourself accountable.
85. When you’re a leader others are watching you, they look up to you. So hold yourself accountable, and be the example that others need to follow.
86. You are not your mistakes. You are the reason for it. Hold yourself accountable.
87. What you do today can improve all your tomorrow. Hold yourself accountable.
88. A goal without a plan is just a wish. Make your goals measurable, actionable, and trackable. Be accountable to yourself.
89. I am going to make changes. I am going to hold myself accountable.
90. If you’re not willing to hold yourself accountable, you’re pushing all your hopes and dreams into someone else’s hands.
91. If you don’t do it, who will? You’re the only one holding yourself accountable. Now go, and do it.
92. You have to keep reminding yourself that nobody else will do it for you, nobody else is going to hold you accountable. You have to find a way to hold yourself accountable.
93. When you have to hold yourself accountable for your actions, it changes everything. Make sure you’re putting in the work. You deserve it.
94. You’re never going to have a perfect day, so have the confidence to start today, and hold yourself accountable.
95. You can’t hide from what you’ve done. So, keep doing things, and get it right this time. Hold yourself accountable.
96. One day, you’ll wake up and realize that if you want something done, it’s up to you to do it. Hold yourself accountable.
97. The only person you can be sure will be there for you when the going get’s tough is, well—you.
98. Accountability is the foundation of all great achievements. Hold yourself accountable.
99. Don’t wait for opportunities—make them. Don’t wait for people to discover you—discover yourself. Don’t wait to be successful—Make success happen.
100. To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. Who do you want to be? Holding yourself accountable is the first step.
I hope you found these self accountability quotes helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions on the post. You can also forward them to others to help them become self-accountable. Thank you.