It’s hard to describe what it’s like to have a sick child. Many people tell you to be strong and that everything will be okay. Some say, “I know how you feel”, or “Just remember, it’s not always this bad.” But many cannot understand the daily trials that lie ahead when you leave the hospital, and friends and family don’t always have the right words to say.
When your child is sick, life can feel isolating. You have to make special arrangements for childcare, and you are robbed of your time together. At these times, it can be overwhelming just trying to navigate being out of work, being at the doctor’s office or paediatrician, worrying about your child and keeping it together in front of others.
It’s like living in an alternate universe where every day is a new adventure that you never signed up for. It’s like being on a roller coaster that doesn’t stop, and you can’t get off until your body gives out. Though I hate to say it, these sick daughter quotes below really sum up how it feels to be in this situation.
Sick Daughter Quotes
When your sick daughter is sick, it’s like a rollercoaster. You can’t tell how you’re going to feel or what will happen next. But everything happens for a reason. So when she finally feels better and looks up at you with those big brown eyes, remember: It’s all worth it in the end.
1. Having a sick daughter can be depressing, but it’s a valuable lesson.
2. When you have a sick daughter, it’s hard to tell her it’s almost better. But you keep telling yourself that there is hope.
3. What’s worse than a sick daughter? A sick, stressed-out mom.
4. When your sick daughter is at home, you feel hopeless.
5. At some point, we all have to deal with the fact that our kids are sick. We love them, and we would do anything for them, but sometimes it can be hard to see them struggle.
6. Watching your child grow sick and have to deal with the side effects of a disease is a nightmare for any parent. But when you have a sick daughter, it’s an especially harrowing experience.
7. They say being a parent is the hardest job in the world. But I think it actually has a sick daughter which makes it the hardest job in the world.
8. It’s hard to deal with a sick daughter when you’re a dad. I know it seems like everything is going wrong, but I promise: You’re doing an amazing job!!
9. When your little girl is sick, you are always in the hospital. Even when she’s fine, but some days are harder than others and today was one of them.
10. When your daughter has pneumonia, you want to be able to do everything in your power to make her feel better.
11. The worst part of being a parent is when your little one gets sick.
12. It’s hard to explain why. We just know that she feels sad hanging out restlessly and doesn’t want to play. We are trying to support her in this phase, which will pass soon enough.
13. When your daughter is sick, you have to go all out to get her well.
14. This is the hardest part of being a parent: watching your child suffer. When she’s sick, you feel helpless and hopeless.
15. When your daughter has a fever, and you’re worried about the infection getting worse.
16. When your daughter has a fever, you pray that it isn’t something serious. When she has cancer, you hope it’s just a cold. But sometimes the pain just keeps getting worse and worse until there’s no turning back…
17. The worst part of having a sick daughter is the worries and fears. We can’t cure every illness, but we can make it easier to manage by taking care of ourselves.
18. When your sick daughter needs help, there are people out there who will be there for her.
19. With a sick daughter, every day is a struggle to make her feel comfortable.
20. When your daughter is sick, you want to be there for her. But you also don’t want to leave your newborn baby girl on her own. What do you do?
21. When your daughter needs a hospital visit, the wait can be unbearable. With today’s technology, you never have to wait.
22. When your daughter has a cold, it can feel like the world is crashing down. But what if she doesn’t even get sick? What if she’s just fighting off a minor bug? Don’t give up on her. And don’t forget that there are lots of people out there who love to help you when your child is sick, which means when they’re not sick, they sometimes need help caring for their own children too.
23. To be a parent is the hardest thing in the world. It is to care for another human being who needs you to survive and who will think less of you if you fail.
24. Most of us know the feeling of when your daughter gets sick, and you just want to do whatever it takes to make them feel better.
25. You don’t have to be a parent to know that feeling of helplessness in the face of something so completely out of your control.
26. When your daughter is sick, you have to be the mom and dad. I’m so thankful for my job. Otherwise, I don’t know where I would be.
27. Having a sick daughter can be hard to deal with.
28. When your daughter is sick, the world seems to slow down. And when it doesn’t slow down, it speeds up.
29. When your little girl gets sick, it is all you can do to keep up with everything going on in her life. But as we can see from this photo, it doesn’t have to be like that.
30. When your daughter needs a few extra days off school because of a bug or illness, you want to protect her, not risk the one thing that’s most important to her: her health.
31. When your daughter is sick, it’s hard to be patient. But I’m holding her hand and praying for her.
32. When your little one is sick, there’s nothing better than holding them close.
33. Having a sick daughter is like being trapped in a dark room, fighting to stay awake.
34. Being a mother to a sick child is like being a professional athlete: it’s tiring, frustrating and sometimes depressing. However, we get through our days just like any other mom.
35. When your daughter is sick, you really have no idea what to do.
36. It’s hard to describe the feeling of watching your daughter, who’s normally a happy and healthy kid, struggle with an illness that makes her constantly feel tired and dizzy.
37. When someone you love is sick, there is no normal. Her body is a battlefield that has to be conquered.
38. We’re all doing the best we can to keep our kids healthy. But it’s never easy especially when they get sick enough that they don’t want to eat and refuse to sleep.
39. There’s a fine line between having a sick daughter and caring about your family. I don’t know what that line is, but it’s somewhere between driving her to the hospital five times a day and waiting for her to get better.
40. You have a sick daughter who needs you, and you don’t know how to handle it.
41. When your child is sick, and you have to leave work early, it’s a double-edged sword. You want to spend time with them, but you don’t want to lose the money you made.
42. It’s stressful going to work when you know your child is sick at home.
43. Every parent knows that sinking feeling of dread when you find a fever-ridden child on your return home from work. Even more so when you have to leave them at home with a stranger because there’s no one else to take care of them, but that’s the way it goes, and we deal with it on a daily basis.
44. Of all the feelings you get when your child is sick, most parents experience guilt. You wish you could be there for them but know that if you don’t work, you cannot pay the bills. This can have a double-edged impact on your child’s health; they may worry that they are making you lose money and become more vulnerable to secondary infections.
45. Parents like you are caught between a rock and a hard place when this happens.
46. Having a sick daughter is a parent’s worst nightmare.
47. Having a sick daughter is like getting punched in the gut over and over again.
48. When your daughter is diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, it feels like you’ve been sucker-punched over and over again.
49. If you’ve ever been the parent of a sick kid, you understand. This is that gut punch.
50. Having a sick daughter is like thousands of tiny paper cuts on your heart wrapped in crushing loneliness, covered in anger and sadness, and seasoned with complete and utter helplessness.
51. When you have a sick daughter, it’s a feeling that never leaves you, but somehow you find a way to appreciate every single moment with her.
52. It’s hard to explain the feeling of a sick daughter. It’s like you’re walking on eggshells with your heart, but it’s not your fault. You want to take away her pain, but you don’t know how.
53. Being a mom of a sick child is like being part of a war. You just don’t understand what the enemy is thinking or how they are going to strike again next.
54. A sick daughter is like a six-pack at the gym; you don’t really appreciate it until it’s gone.
55. Like many parents, we’ve experienced the joys, challenges and heartbreaks of raising a sick child.
56. This is how my life has changed since my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. The biggest challenge is finding time to laugh and smile. I hope your day is as bright as possible today, even if your world isn’t as colourful as it once was.
57. It’s like your heart is going to explode all at once, but then it ends, and you’re so glad it’s over because of how intense it was.
58. The feeling when you know something is wrong, but it’s not clear what that is.
59. Having a sick little girl is like having the best taste in music and one of the worst in fashitz.
60. It’s not exactly a great feeling to feel helpless when your child is sick. But what if we told you there’s a way out of the dark, silent and lonely path that your daughter might be walking?
61. Having a sick daughter is like the world has turned upside down.
62. Having a sick daughter is like having a piece of your heart ripped out because she’s always there with a million questions. I love being able to be home with her and watch her grow up.
63. When you have a sick daughter, it’s hard to believe she’s really gone
64. The most important thing to know about your sick kid is that she’s not sick. She’s just bored and wants to play.
65. It’s hard to describe the feeling of watching your child fight for every breath.
66. Having a sick daughter is like having someone who lives inside you. They can make your heart beat faster or slow down to a crawl. But they will never leave and always be there for you when you need them the most.
67. Having a sick daughter is like having someone who lives inside you. They can make your heart glow with pride or tear you up inside, but they will never leave and always be there for you when you need them the most.
68. Having a sick daughter is similar to carrying around a second heart in your chest. It pounds every time you see her, just so she can keep beating.
69. When your daughter is sick, having her around helps make every bit of mundane getup easier and more pleasant.
70. When your sick daughter is all you can think about.
71. When you have a sick child, every day is different. One day she’s in the mood for ice cream. Another is that she wants to go to school. The next day it’s nap time, and she still doesn’t want to eat.
72. When your kids are sick, you feel like a parent from the past era.
73. Having a sick daughter is like living a fairly normal life but trying to rush past all the normal moments, so you don’t have time to process them and feel any sadness.
74. When you have a sick daughter, you never get used to it, but you learn how to deal with it.
75. Having a sick daughter is like being on a rollercoaster with an inebriated person.
76. When you have a sick daughter, it’s like you’re constantly looking for the next toy truck to drive.
77. It’s hard to imagine having a sick daughter when you have one. But it seems like every other day, my daughter has some ailment or another, and I’m always looking for ways to keep her healthy.
78. When you have a sick daughter, it feels like the world is against you. She will fight for every bit of energy she has, and the days get shorter and shorter.
79. Just when you thought you had a healthy life and luck…your daughter gets sick.
80. It’s like being trapped in a weird, half-dream world where nothing is really real. All you can do is wait for it to end.
81. When your daughter is sick, hold her tight. Let her know that you are right here for her, and she can always count on you.
82. What do you say to your daughter when she’s sick? You’re not alone. We’re here for you when you need us most.
83. You think you have the toughest job in the world. I thank god every day it’s not my daughter who is sick.
84. It’s not the time to be perfect; it’s a time to be your best self and make sure your little girl is getting the care they need.
85. When you have a sick daughter, just stay strong; it’s going to be okay.
86. It’s hard, but you’re doing great.
87. When your daughter is sick, it’s hard to keep positive. So make sure you get to the doctor right away.
88. When your little one is sick, it can be hard to stay positive and avoid overreacting. It’s important to have a healthy perspective on things.
89. Don’t let your daughter get sick. Make sure you are taking care of yourself by eating healthy foods and doing activities that will make you feel better.
90. When your daughter is sick, you want to make her feel better. We do too!
91. When your daughter is sick, you’re the only one she can count on to find medicine and food.
92. When your daughter is sick, remember there are more than enough people doing their best to help her get better and get better fast!
93. When your daughter is sick, and you have many things to take care of, don’t forget that she is a little miracle.
94. Your little girl is so cute when she’s sick. Don’t be afraid to let her have some fun!
95. No matter what’s going on in your life, never forget that you are the best support system for your daughter.
96. When your little one is sick, it can be really hard to find the right words.
97. It’s okay to be sad or nervous when your daughter is sick. Try to keep a positive attitude and remember that eventually, they will feel better.
98. Having a sick daughter, no matter what she is ill with, makes her feel as though it’s no big deal. It may seem silly, but she will appreciate your strength and resolve.
99. It’s important to keep your sick daughter’s spirits high.
100. When your daughter is sick, and all you want to do is hold her and make everything better.
101. When your daughter is sick, you feel like the world has stopped. She is so fragile and vulnerable, so helpless in her illness, that you want to protect her from everything that can make her feel worse.
I hope these sick daughter quotes were useful to you. If you had any thoughts about the post or if it helped you, let me know in the comment section below. Thank you for taking the time to read through it. Please share this post with your loved ones, also.