Before moving toward spiritual enlightenment and freedom, we must acknowledge the existence of our spiritual blindness. With this, you understand that spiritual blindness is not a particular kind of laziness or lack of motivation but rather a reality part of our spirit self, quite different from our natural arrangement.
You may think you are pretty spiritually-minded and aware of where you stand with the Lord. But it’s easy to be blind when you’re away from God; it’s easier than you think. All it takes is a little distance from God, and you’ll find yourself spiritually diminished.
These spiritual blindness quotes will help you realize a few things and understand some of your life lessons as long as you understand what you need to learn and take action to make it a reality.
Spiritual Blindness Quotes
You can’t see it, but you know it’s there. That feeling of being stuck in a rut when you know you could get a better relationship with God. That’s spiritual blindness. But you don’t need to dwell long on it. You can come out of it all and see things perfectly for yourself.
1. Spiritual blindness blinds people from the simple reality that God is the only source of true enlightenment.
2. We are all spiritually blind, as we cannot see the invisible things of God.
3. Spiritual blindness is the inability to see God or ourselves clearly, despite all evidence to the contrary.
4. Spiritual blindness is rooted in a refusal to accept the simple reality that God is the only source of true enlightenment.
5. We are all spiritually blind to some extent. We don’t realize this about ourselves, which has devastating effects on the world around us.
6. Spiritual blindness is the failure to acknowledge that all truth comes from God, whether it’s in His Word or shown in creation.
7. You have been called to a higher purpose, but you may have trouble seeing that, and that’s spiritual blindness.
8. Light is the key that opens doors. Even if you’re spiritually blind, it’s always there waiting for you to find it—one step at a time.
9. Don’t be a spiritually blind man. See with your spirit, not just your eyes.
10. Spiritual blindness is like physical blindness. It’s not that we can’t see, but we have a hard time seeing what we want.
11. There is spiritual blindness in our culture that prevents us from seeing the true nature of people and organizations.
12. Blindness comes in many forms, but spiritual blindness is the most dangerous of all.
13. My spiritual blindness is not so much that I cannot see the path ahead, but more that I have no desire to see it.
14. Your spiritual blindness is not the same as a mental illness. You can see the light; it’s just that you’re too busy ignoring it.
15. The best way to get through spiritual blindness is to make your mind a place of trust. Let it know you are ready for whatever truth God has in store for you.
16. Spiritual blindness is the inability to see spiritual things as they truly are. The mind that cannot perceive truth is like a camera with a damaged lens, producing distorted images.
17. Spiritual blindness is when you have rejected the truth of God and the reality of your being.
18. Spiritual blindness can lead you to limit your vision to your egoic perspective rather than expanding it to include the larger viewpoint.
19. Spiritual blindness is a state of mind. It is not an absence of God’s light or knowledge but rather an inability to see it.
20. It is time to recognize spiritual blindness and stop denying it. This reality is not just a metaphor but a reality that you can experience.
21. Don’t be spiritually blind. The Bible is at the core of all spiritual realities, and it’s available to you today.
22. Do you ever have the feeling of being spiritually blind? When you are so busy and focused on yourself that you cannot see the bigger picture.
23. We are spiritually blind when we follow unquestioned belief systems that shape our thoughts, actions and expectations.
24. Every act of spiritual blindness is an act of spiritual disobedience.
25. We live in a world that is full of spiritual darkness. We are born into a world where we are encouraged to follow what we have been taught and not question it.
26. You’re spiritually blind; it’s not an insult because you may not see what is in front of you, but that does not mean it isn’t there.
27. When you’re spiritually blind, you may not see opportunities or possibilities coming your way. Your life may be filled with pain, struggle and failure.
28. When you’re spiritually blind, you may not see opportunities or possibilities coming your way. Your life may be filled with pain, struggle and failure.
29. Don’t get stuck in the same mental ruts over and over again. Stay alert, open, and aware of what’s happening around you.
30. There are times you don’t see what is right in front of your eyes. You need your spiritual eyes to be opened.
31. The spiritual blind spot is a lack of awareness of the differences between the physical and non-physical. If you don’t know what something is, how can you really understand?
32. Spiritual blindness is when you fail to see the beauty and wonder in life. It’s about what’s going on inside your head, not in the outside world.
33. Spiritual blindness is a mind that sees things as they are, not as they could be.
34. We don’t have to be blind to our spiritual path. Let’s open our eyes and see what God is doing in our lives.
35. You can’t be spiritual unless you first learn how to be human.
36. I am aching to see my blind spots, the places that I missed. Because sometimes, I wonder how we can all be so blind.
37. When you are blind to the light, your mind will never be able to find its way.
38. Moments when we lose our way and forget the true meaning of life are the times when we are the most spiritually blind.
39. Blinded by the distractions of this world, we miss out on the sight that God has for us.
40. Sometimes, you just need to stop and think about life. Spiritual blindness is when you think it’s all about you.
41. If you believe God is only for special people, then you’re spiritually blind.
42. You need to realize that God wants to communicate with and know you personally, and then you’re spiritually very sighted.
43. It’s spiritual amnesia. You’ve forgotten that since you were born, God has been making personal plans to use you greatly.
44. We all experience spiritual blindness at some point in our lives. As weird as it sounds, it’s okay to feel the way you do sometimes. Be gentle with yourself and seek guidance from a higher power.
45. When you are spiritually blind, the only way to see is to have a spiritual guide who can open your eyes for you.
46. You can’t see without a pair of eyes, can you? Well, it’s the same with God. If you don’t have a spiritual guide, you will be spiritually blind.
47. You need spiritual resources that can help heal your spiritual blindness, to see the world for what it is.
48. When you’re spiritually blind, there’s only one way to live–with an open heart.
49. Spiritual blindness starts before we open our eyes. It is a disease that affects millions of people who are working and struggling to make sense of life.
50. Spiritual Blindness is a disease that affects millions of people. It’s like astigmatism that prevents us from seeing reality.
51. You can’t see God. And if you could, you wouldn’t recognize Him. But God still wants to have a relationship with you.
52. Spiritual blindness is when we have a rigid view of our beliefs and fail to see that what we may consider “right” and “wrong” is subjective.
53. You can experience a world where spiritual blindness doesn’t exist.
54. The state of spiritual blindness is one that many have experienced. It keeps us from seeing the beauty and potential within ourselves. Will you take steps to live a more fulfilling life?
55. We defend beliefs and ideas through personal experience and faith, but sometimes it’s spiritual blindness.
56. A spiritual awakening is really a journey of self-discovery. Everyone feels spiritually blind at times. Turn to prayer when you are overwhelmed by your own suffering.
57. Feeling stuck in your spiritual life? Connect with me, so we can help each other get unstuck.
58. Spiritual blindness is an inability to see spiritual truth—and that’s a problem.
59. Living with spiritual blindness can be like walking through a dark forest, bashing into trees and stumbling upon roots before realizing that you’re lost in the woods.
60. Have you ever experienced spiritual blindness? It’s a state of mind that prevents us from seeing the truth about ourselves.
61. Spiritual blindness is not just an issue for spiritual people. It can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time—especially when you feel like you’ve been fooled into believing something isn’t true.
62. Spiritual blindness is when you accept a belief even though there’s solid evidence that the belief might not be true.
63. Don’t let spiritual blindness control your life and keep you from experiencing your purpose in God.
64. Spiritual blindness is the inability to see beyond the self. It’s being blinded by fear and misunderstanding, by pride and apathy. Let God be the light that guides you, the mirror in which you see your true reflection.
65. Spiritual blindness is a powerful obstacle to real connection with God.
66. Spiritual blindness is a weird sensation. Whether “blinded” to a belief in God or to any spiritual reality, spiritually blind people view the world differently than those who see it with spiritual clarity.
67. As the old saying goes, “there’s many a slip twixt the cup and the lip,” but spiritual blindness can be fatal for a Christian.
68. Make no mistake. Spiritual blindness is a state of the heart, not an inability to see.
69. Spiritual blindness—being spiritually blind is to see only the surface of things or to see oneself in a false light.
70. Spiritual Blindness will not be cured through religious enlightenment, understanding, or wisdom. It can only be cured through suffering and the spiritual death of self-centeredness.
71. There’s a strong connection between blindness and spirituality, especially in this time of uncertainty.
72. Life’s too short to put up with distractions. Explore your spirituality and discover how it can enrich every aspect of your life.
73. We are all spiritual beings, but we often forget this.
74. The only thing that might be standing between you and your dream is spiritual blindness.
75. The only thing standing between you and your dreams may be the spiritual blindness we all have. God wants all of us to see, but we need to heed His Word and be obedient.
76. Spiritual blindness may be prevented by looking in the right place at the right time.
77. Spiritual blindness is the inability to see what is right in front of you.
78. Spiritual blindness is the condition in which a person cannot see any way of connecting with the divine force that shapes this universe.
79. Spiritual blindness is the inability to see what is true and good and to know the difference between right and wrong.
80. Spiritual blindness is a spiritual disease that affects everyone who does not know Christ as Savior.
81. When you’re feeling spiritually blind, hold on to the hope that one of these days, you will find your way back.
82. When we don’t feel connected to our faith and the world around us, something has to change.
83. Our spiritual blindness, or lack of awareness of truth, is primarily our own doing. Only when we open our eyes to the truth will we be able to see what God is doing in and through us.
84. If you are mentally blind, it’s hard to see the truth and understand the depth of your feelings. If you are spiritually blind, it’s hard to see purpose in life and feel connected with God.
85. If you feel shackled by life, struggling to find purpose and intimacy with God, it might be because you lack spiritual sight.
86. The spiritual is always infinite and never finite. It has no boundaries, no limit, and no end.
87. The Bible says that the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the glorious light of the gospel of Christ. There is a world of spiritual darkness surrounding us.
88. Those who choose to remain in spiritual blindness must be content with their limited view of existence. But if you want to see the Father’s will applied to your life, then open your eyes to what He is doing.
89. Our inward blindness is a result of our actions, not God’s. It’s time for us to open our eyes to the truth and see what God is doing.
90. We all live in a world of spiritual blindness, unaware of the truth which is calling out from the inside. We need to be willing to surrender to the power of what’s really going on in this world.
91. Spiritual blindness is when you think you can only see what you’ve been programmed to see. Be open to seeing life in a different way
92. The world can be a dark place. As a Christian, it’s easy to get lost in the noise, the doubt and apathy. But don’t be discouraged; there is always hope.
93. We have been blinded by our need for security, comfort, and certainty. But we have the power to see again.
94. If you claim to be spiritual, but have no idea what this means or how to apply it in your life, then you’re blind.
95. Don’t be blinded by the world, which is full of darkness. Open your heart and walk on through, into the light.
96. The spiritual blindness of the world is the greatest obstacle to the Kingdom. When you live in the blindness of your faith, you cannot see heaven.
97. Everyone is born with spiritual blindness, but not everyone can see beyond it.
99. Blindness of thought is the darkest cave. If you’re not growing spiritually, you’re going back.
100. God has given you a marvellous gift: the mind. Use it well and always have a purpose in your heart.
I hope these spiritual blindness quotes will help others realize that you don’t have to be alone in your spiritual struggle. We are all fallible and breakable human beings who, with enough time and guidance, can overcome our weaknesses and grow into the best versions of ourselves.
If you enjoyed reading this, why not share it with others? Thanks for taking the time to read this post.