Some of us think that our happiness is measured by things we do or have. For others, happiness is something that happens to us and still, for some, it’s the freedom to pursue pleasure. And it comes in the form of countless tiny pleasures that occur throughout their day.
There is not a single thing we can hold onto and tightly grasp that we can say brings happiness. The pursuit of happiness could take a turn in our lives.
It could take us to a new place that will open us up to new experiences and a new way of thinking and connecting with the world. We could learn new ways to create personal goals and beat depression. A way to be happier and live a more meaningful life.
So to be happy in life, we should have a positive attitude, open our minds to the possibility that life holds many surprises, and embrace them with curiosity and trust.
This collection of quotes on the pursuit of happiness will help you feel better about yourself, let you know you can live a life of liberty, and help you realize that you can also find happiness in the little things of life.
The Pursuit of Happiness Quotes
To find happiness, we must pursue our best selves and embrace the uncertainty of life. We must create a vision and behave in alignment with that vision. We have to discover what inspires us so we can make better decisions about who to be and what to do every day.
1. Happiness is something that everyone from all walks of life is pursuing in their own way. An expectation is what we base our idea of happiness on, even when it is completely unrealistic. Happiness may be a lot closer than you think.
2. Keep your chin up. You have all the potential in the world and, you deserve every opportunity to pursue happiness. And when you do, every facet of your life will be better for it.
3. Happiness is a journey, a road I take every day. Every step I take brings me closer to it, and I know that one fine day, I’ll find that happiness that I seek.
4. There are many ways to find happiness, the main one and the first one is the pursuit of happiness. If you love something, go for it.
5. Happiness is a state of mind, and sometimes you can’t be strong. So if you’ve got a broken heart, make up for being sad by doing something that you love and, you’ll be happy starting today.
6. Happiness is not just about making money or about how you look, it’s about finding the true you and being the person you want to be.
7. What is it about togetherness that makes us happier? It’s because together, we can share the difficult times and celebrate the good ones. So next time you’re stressed out in your pursuit of happiness, take a moment and appreciate what you already have. You’ll be surprised at how much better you feel.
8. People say finding happiness is like looking for a needle in a haystack. But I think you can find it in many places, like a sunny day, a cool glass of water, or a kind word from a stranger.
9. The pursuit of happiness is what you’ll find if you keep your eyes set on the prize and don’t let anyone or anything get in your way, for that is the prize.
10. The pursuit of happiness is like reaching for the stars, even if you have to chase them all the way.
11. Happiness is a state of mind and, it’s a task that can be attained. It’s a journey of a thousand miles, lonely on the road but, you don’t have to be afraid.
12. Happiness is a choice and it’s something that we long to find. It’s the right path in life that will make out hearts light.
13. There are many ways to find happiness and, I hope in my heart when I find it, it will last. I’ll follow my way and hope that it’s right because it’s the only way I’ll never be caught.
14. When you feel alone or feel like you’ve lost control, it’s hard to be happy and smile, but you have to try. Because no one said it would be easy, but it will be worth it.
15. You have so many options, so many ways to pursue happiness. Just look around and choose the option that makes you smile.
16. Your mind is like a carousel spinning round and round, searching for the way that leads to happiness and fulfilment. And when you find it, it will lead you to success.
17. Happiness is something found when you least expect it. And when it comes, it will be something you’ll surely be proud of. It will be something that you’ll never forget
18. Live with a smile on your face and find happiness in everything you do. Life is too short to let the worries of the world bring you down and make you blue.
19. Happiness doesn’t come around that often, but when it does, it’s worth the wait. You feel it when you hold a newborn child or when you’re running around the track.
20. Happiness is a smile, cheerful laughter, or a hug from a loved one.
21. Your thoughts shape your reality. Realize that happiness is a choice and can be generated anytime you want.
22. Happiness doesn’t just happen but it’s a state of mind that requires the right mindset, a positive frame of mind and staying mindful during the day.
23. Finding new things, finding your purpose, and learning to share it with others will lead you to happiness.
24. Don’t waste time sitting around on your couch trying to figure out what to do in your pursuit of happiness. It’s time for you to do something, be someone and go have an adventure.
25. A positive attitude will lead to increased achievement and successful experiences, and this will earn you the most important element of success; happiness.
26. Your attitude determines your happiness. If you want to live a happy life, always keep a cheerful and optimistic attitude.
27. You’re the one in control of your attitude. So if you’re feeling down, smile, even if it’s just on the inside. And soon, you’ll find yourself feeling happier. It works every time.
28. If you look for the good in every circumstance and, make an effort to appreciate what you have, the more good things will come into your life and you will be happier for it.
29. Happiness is key to success. If you’re happy, you can be positive, feel good about yourself and your life, and add happiness into the lives of those around you – which in turn will lead to success.
30. People who are optimistic and cheerful are generally more successful simply because they are happier and enjoy a better quality of life.
31. The calm and positive attitude will contribute to success in human relations. A good mood is responsible for creating a happy life, so remember to smile.
32. Happiness is worth pursuing. It decreases stress and improves overall health. It makes it easier to deal with the challenges and problems that you might encounter in your life.
33. To live life to the fullest, keep dreaming big and chasing those challenges. You deserve happiness and success.
34. Focusing on the good things in life is a sure way to happiness and will make you feel less stressed.
35. You deserve to be happy. So, whether it is a new way of thinking or a new place to be, pursue it.
36. Break free from the chains that bind you to your past, and turn every obstacle into a stepping stone on your path to happiness.
37. No matter how hard life gets, if you look hard enough, you’ll find a trail to happiness.
38. Make a change in your life and make it happen today. Having a positive change in your mind will make it easier for you to finally achieve what you have been yearning for – happiness.
39. Happiness isn’t about being a millionaire, having the perfect partner, or winning the lottery. It’s simply choosing to look for things that make you happy every day.
40. For some people, happiness is spending time with friends and family, nature, the smell of coffee in the morning, or flowers on a summer’s day.
41. Finding happiness is about building a positive outlook and discovering what makes you feel good both inside and out.
42. The first step in the pursuit of happiness is to let go of negative thinking. Do this and you’ll start feeling better about yourself, which means taking care of yourself and surrounding yourself with positive people. The second step is to realize that there’s no one way of being happy—there are many ways to get there.
43. The pursuit of happiness is often a personal journey that we take through our unique self-exploration and self-discovery.
44. Happiness is a choice, but it’s not always easy to make.
The trick is finding that balance between enjoyment of life’s pleasures and dealing with the stresses of everyday life.
45. Happiness can be found in many places, from the pleasure of watching an opera to the smell of a newborn baby, to the perfect dance move, and to making someone laugh.
46. Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
47. To find happiness, we must become the kind of people who can tolerate uncertainty, overcome our fears, and bear the pain that inevitably comes with growth. We must become more disciplined, a little less self-indulgent, and a lot more dedicated to our ambition.
48. The pursuit of happiness requires passion, patience, trial and error, and resilience. We have to be willing to fail over and over again as we try to break old habits and form new ones.
49. The pursuit of happiness depends on how you define your happiness. It’s not something you can find or take, but something you must make.
So if you want to find it, make it.
50. Happiness isn’t always easy to find, but with a bit of patience and trial and error, you can get closer to it.
Life Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness Quotes
Happiness is not something you feel from the moment you wake up and grab your coffee. Neither is it rushing to the mall to buy new clothes. True happiness comes when we sacrifice for those things that matter most to us and give up instant gratification to achieve our hopes and dreams. Because a life of liberty is so much greater than a life of momentary pleasure.
51. As we set out on the pursuit of happiness through education, employment, family and faith, we have to be careful not to let any of these aspects interfere with the others.
52. The pursuit of happiness is what we can all strive to achieve in our lives. It’s a state of perpetual, ceaseless happiness that we all want in our lives and knows we deserve.
53. Library is a feeling that can’t be captured. It’s the moment in time when you give up worrying about what could go wrong and start living for what makes you happy, regardless of your past.
54. The purpose of life is a life of purpose, and you are the author. It is your story to write, your dream to live, your talent to share. Every person deserves the freedom to pursue happiness in their own way. Choice creates liberty.
55. Imagine what our lives would look like if we made happiness an inside job. When you live with gratitude and spread joy, even when things get tough, you can discover the liberty that comes from being happy NOW.
56. Being free doesn’t mean having everything you want. It means having the liberty and space to pursue what really matters to you.
57. The pursuit of happiness is an adventure of discovery and learning, creating unforgettable memories along the way. A person with a positive mindset will find opportunities around each bend in the road.
58. Embrace change. Don’t wait for happiness to find you — pursue it and make it happen. Sometimes it will crumble your world unrecognizably but, things will get better as long as you keep moving.
59. We are constantly being put to the test in our pursuit of happiness and it is easy to let our imagination carry us away. But, if we will just remember to keep our faith and, do what feels right, we can always look back at life with gratitude and without regret.
60. To be happy, we must develop ourselves and transform into successful individuals. We should learn from our mistakes, accept failure as a part of life and have the determination to move forward despite our flaws.
61. In our pursuit of happiness, it’s not the failure that defeats us but our reaction to it. It’s not the defeats that get us down, but our attitude towards them.
62. When we don’t know what will happen next, it can be hard to focus on the task at hand. Failure can scar us, but we’re not defined by our mistakes.
63. The pursuit of happiness is the road to a better life. The road to a life with no strife, a life that no one can lift, a life that is yours to keep.
64. Happiness is a natural by-product of a life well spent. Everyone wants to be happy, but we can’t just sit around waiting for happiness to find us. We’ve got to go out and get it ourselves.
65. Even when we do not know what will happen next, our failures don’t have to defeat us. We are not in charge of outcomes. We just have to be prepared to face them with serenity and courage and choose to be happy no matter the outcome.
66. No matter what life has in store for us, we have to remain positive and choose to be happy. We have no idea of what is ahead of us, so all we can do is our best.
67. Even in tight spots, we can choose not to worry but be happy. We can focus on the best course of action and stay flexible. Our past does not determine our future.
68. In the pursuit of happiness, it’s okay to fumble, fall, and even get knocked down. We’re all learning. The important thing is to pick yourself up, learn from the experience, and move on.
69. I know what is meant by happiness is a feeling deep inside. A feeling of being completely at ease and of being safe. A feeling that goes beyond and above.
70. The pursuit of happiness for me is the joy of my being. The joy of my existence and the joy of my creation.
71. The pursuit of happiness is as corny as it sounds, but it’s the only battle we should fight.
72. Find a way to make it happen, don’t just sit there brooding on it. The time will never be just right, so do it even if it makes you afraid if it brings you happiness.
73. Life’s a journey, not a race, the only way to live it is with grace. So, please let me be me, and let me pursue my happiness.
74. The thing about freedom is that it starts with you. It’s not something that someone else does for you or that something outside of you gives to you. It’s something you create for yourself.
75. Life is long and full of changes, but nothing can ever be more important than happiness, and no one can put a limit on it because it is free.
76. No one can make us happy; it is a personal journey where we must take charge and let ourselves be guided by our dreams and ambitions. When we are true to ourselves, we can celebrate life as it comes to us, in all its good times and bad times.
77. The thing that brings us the most joy is freedom. We are born free, and so we are meant to be happy, but somehow that becomes hard. And we look for it in the wrong places.
78. Live your life with a smile on your face, laugh as much as you can, every day. Life is too short to go about with a long face, so raise your head and smile.
79. To be happy means to be free. It’s an individual choice that sometimes may mean sacrifices, like giving up bad habits or relationships.
80. What makes one truly happy is the individual journey each of us takes, one filled with triumph, loss, love and pain that all add up to what our lives are meant to be. This lens is a celebration of those journeys and the everyday joys that make them up.
81. We chase after things in our lives that we think will make us happy—money, fame, relationships, status, and more. At some point, though, most of us realize happiness isn’t out there somewhere. It’s an inside job.
82. True freedom is found in the process of releasing everything that holds you back from being happy. We are all born with freedom, but we let it slip away. It’s never too late to claim it back.
83. Library is a feeling that can’t be captured. It’s the moment in time when you give up worrying about what could go wrong and start living for what makes you happy, regardless of your past.
84. Happiness is not a thing that you find; it’s something that you create. It’s about the way you look at your life, how you live in the moment, and how grateful you are for what you have.
85. As we start the pursuit of happiness in our lives, it is important for us to balance all aspects between family, faith, education and employment. Sadly, most times people give up on an aspect of their life because it interfered with another they are pursuing.
86. In our pursuit of happiness, we must not let education impede our chances to be employed. We must not let employment impede our ability to be present in our family’s life. We must not let our family impede our ability to be contributing members of the Faith-community. And we must not let the Faith-community impede our education and employment.
87. The journey of life is a long one and, the road isn’t always clear. People can fall into despair and adversity but, never lose sight of the goal. Once you’ve found yourself at the end of the path, your happiness will truly shine through.
88. The road to happiness is never easy but it will lead you down a path of self-discovery and learning where you will collect experiences that make you stronger, smarter, and more interesting.
89. Life is an amazing journey. Spend time with those who treat you like a valuable individual and who make you happy. Seek daily opportunities to make others’ lives better so that you can remember the moments in life that are truly special.
90. The journey of happiness is a lifelong pursuit. Yet, when we wake up every morning, it is only natural to have in the back of our minds the hope and expectation of a happy day. From that moment onward, life becomes a series of small choices; every little choice can make us happier or disappoint us.
91. Each day is a chance for you to create a deeper connection between your heart and mind. In turn, this will help cultivate a sense of happiness from within. You’ll be able to see the good in all situations that come your way.
92. If we want to live a happy life, we need to take charge of our happiness. We are responsible for our happiness. We have to be receptive to opportunities that allow us to grow and change by making conscious changes in our lifestyles.
93. Life is an adventure, a journey where we need to find our way. We need to be guided by elements that will reach the deepest parts of us, so we can be happy.
94. Be the master of your fate. Happy people walk the path of life with self-confidence and a positive attitude to obstacles. They never compromise on their principles and, so are able to become self-made men and women who shape the course of history by confidently following their dreams.
95. The pursuit of happiness is a journey taken by individuals who know the true value of joy and strive to lead their lives with happiness. They are real people and, the amazing things that make their lives so full are relatable to each of us.
96. In our pursuit of happiness, it’s good to know that every life is important and worthy of love. That we’re all on a journey, but that it’s okay to ask for directions, help or a little push sometimes.
97. The best things in life are simple. Most things that give us happiness don’t need explaining, saying or proving. Believe that what you desire is possible. Do what your heart tells you to do and never give up. Treat others well and, be kind to one another regardless of our differences.
98. You will be living a life of liberty if you choose to be happy each morning. Instead of waking up with anxiety and dread, you could wake up confident and excited about the day ahead. You could have the energy to accomplish everything you set out to do, and at night you might even have the energy to enjoy time relaxing or spending with friends and family.
99. Giving up the worries of your past and starting anew does not mean that you are giving up on what is good for you. To start over is to be free.
100. Seeking happiness is the holy grail of many people’s lives, yet it’s a state of being that is difficult to define. But it turns out that all you need to find happiness is a lengthy walk in nature and, an understanding that we are all heading for the same goal, no matter how different our paths are.
In your pursuit for happiness, I hope this post help you realize that happiness can be found in places least expected and, you don’t really need to go far to find it; it is always within your reach. Do share with your friends on your social media walls and, please don’t forget to drop a comment, I will be glad to hear from you.