When you don’t want to be bordered with something, you can say ”I am too busy watering my own grass”. In a world where we are bombarded with everyone’s “best moments”— their perfectly edited vacation pictures and non-stop public display of good spirits, it’s natural to look out the window. But the challenge is that not only do we look, but also we compare.
And while comparison can, in certain situations, be motivating, it can also make you miserable. Constant comparison is a distraction from the good in your life. In other words, it is harder to cultivate gratitude or be happy for others. You see, the reality is that everyone has different skills and different capacities. They see and experience life differently from you.
While it’s good to be happy for others, it becomes harmful when you take others’ good fortune and drag yourself down by creating a narrative that places other people’s achievements on a pedestal compared to the positives in your own life. To the extent you allow others’ good fortune to devalue the good things in your life. Realize that their life isn’t a barometer for yours.
Be purposeful in choosing to spend more time watering your own grass. After a while, there’s a decent chance you will not yearn for your neighbour’s lawn. These quotes on too busy watering my own grass remind me that when you appreciate what you have and work to improve it instead of comparing it with others, you will live a fulfilled life.
Too Busy Watering My Own Grass Quotes
If I am too busy watering my own grass, I will know where I stand. I do not need to compare myself with others. I have the power of my imagination and the ability to control my own thoughts. I will use that power to see things from my perspective, and life will become clearer.
1. I am too busy watering my own grass to notice what’s going on with my lawn. I find it refreshing that you are not trying to impress me with your success because I am content with where I am.
2. I am too busy making something useful out of my life to worry about yours.
3. When you’re busy watering your own grass, you don’t have time to look around and see what other people are doing. You are focused on your growth.
4. I am too busy watering my own grass to get involved in other people’s affairs.
5. I am too busy watering my own grass I do not have time to help water yours.
6. I am too busy watering my own grass to see what is happening elsewhere.
7. I am too busy watering my own grass to notice what is growing in yours.
8. I am too busy trying to do what I say I want to do so I can accomplish my dreams.
9. I am too busy watering my own grass to get involved in other people’s affairs. I want to be left alone so I consecrate on my business.
10. I am busy trying to live my own life, minding my own business.
11. I don’t want to be bothered with other people’s affairs; I have too much of my own I don’t have time for others.
12. I am too busy watering my own grass to be bordered by other people’s affairs. I do not believe I am better than anyone else, but I do believe that everyone should have respect. I speak my mind and tell you how it is without sugarcoating anything.
13. The more you water your grass, the more beautiful it looks. It is nice to help other people water theirs, but if you overdo it at the expense of watering yours, your own grass will be wilted.
14. I am too busy appreciating what I have to look at someone else’s imperfections and shortcomings.
15. If other people’s affairs are not your business, you can never get distracted from yours.
16. Life is too short to be busy comparing yourself with others.
17. I have one life to live, and I want to live it to the fullest. I do not spend time on other people’s affairs, but I appreciate those running their businesses to improve the world.
18. I have had enough life experience to know what makes me happy or miserable. But above all, I am grateful for what I have right now because right now is all that exists.
19. Life is too short to control other people’s lives. You need all the time you have to take control of yourself.
20. You are the one who has to fit in so you can get along in this world; you cannot blame others for your failure. If you take responsibility for your actions, you will be successful in life.
21. I am so busy with my life that I don’t have time to interfere with other people’s business.
22. A person who values what he has can never fail. He will get good things for himself. His life is full of joy that others can never experience. It takes a lot of practice and dedication for one to become fully aware of how much there is to enjoy and explore in life.
23. I don’t have time to interfere with other people’s lives. I am too busy with my life to be bothered by anyone.
24. Somewhere along the way, I realized that appreciating what we have is much more important than yearning for what we don’t.
25. I am too busy watering my grass to see if others are watering there. It helps me keep my peace of mind and focus on what’s going on in my life.
26. People always say that I am busy, but it is because I am too busy appreciating what I have to look at someone else’s.
27. When you’re busy with your own life, you don’t have time to interfere in other people’s lives.
28. I am too busy appreciating what I have to listen to people’s negative comments.
29. I am too busy with my own affairs to meddle in those of other people.
30. The beauty of the world is in its imperfection. If you can appreciate and love the little things in life, you will be able to see the joy hidden in every aspect of life and attract happiness into your daily living.
31. It’s not that I don’t want to get involved; it’s just that I’ve been too busy with my life.
32. Don’t get distracted by what others lack or have. It is not your business to be worried about them. It is your business to appreciate what you have at the moment and make the most of it.
33. I am too busy with my life to get involved in others’ lives.
34. The richest people are content with what they have. I am happy with my grass’s greenness, and I will continue to water it.
35. Being a people pleaser has kept me busy for so long. Now I’m letting go of that and focusing on my own needs.
36. I am too busy being thankful for all the blessings I have in my life to compare myself to others.
37. I’ve made it this far with my life, so why would I want to compare it with someone else’s? I am too busy appreciating what I have to be compared to others.
38. I don’t have time to worry about other people’s lives because mine is too full of things that need my attention.
39. Don’t compare yourself to others. They are on their journey, and you are on yours.
40. I am a busy person. I have many things to do. I don’t have the time to be a busybody interfering in other people’s lives.
41. When we compare ourselves to others, we miss the mark. We need to focus on what we have and not on what others may or may not have.
42. I do not have time to interfere in other people’s business. I don’t want to waste my life, and I don’t want my family to be affected by other people’s problems.
43. Water your own grass, focus on what you want, and be thankful for what you have.
44. I’ve got too much on my plate; I don’t have time to help you with anything.
45. I don’t care whether I have more or less than somebody else; I care about living my life to the fullest.
46. It is not important what other people think. And don’t pay attention to the gossip of others.
47. Every moment of your life, you have the opportunity to make a choice. You can choose happiness and joy, or you can choose misery and sadness. Choose well!
48. I don’t have time to interfere in other people’s lives because my life is too full of things that need my attention.
49. When you appreciate what you have and don’t compare it with others, you will realize how much you already have in life and how lucky you are.
50. I am a busy person. I have many things to do. I don’t have time to meddle in other people’s lives.
51. If you are not busy watering your grass, you may miss out on the big picture. You have everything it takes to feel good about yourself.
52. The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence until you water yours.
53. I don’t compare my story with others and am not better than anyone. I am thankful for my one, and if others want to compare theirs with mine, that’s fine. I am where I am because of how hard I have worked and determined to achieve what I have achieved.
54. If you love life, don’t waste time. You are a guest in this world; make the most of your stay.
55. I am too busy looking for the positive things in my life to have time to even think about comparing my life with others.
56. Sometimes, I need to slow down and appreciate what is already here.
57. Learn to appreciate what you have and be contended with it.
58. People who have made their lives matter have loved life in all its details. They have looked at the sky, trees and flowers, clouds, and everything with a sense of awe. They have appreciated what they have been able to do and see in this world.
59. I am too busy appreciating what I have to look at what other people have.
60. Acknowledging how much you appreciate the people in your life is one powerful way to increase appreciation and gratitude in your life.
61. You are more beautiful than you think. It doesn’t matter what kind of legs you have or how big your thighs are; it’s about the thought that counts and how much you love yourself.
62. Most people who worry about the future do so because they don’t appreciate where they are. They compare themselves with others instead of realizing how far they have come.
63. When we compare what we are going through in life with what we think other people’s lives are, it falls short every time.
64. As far as I’m concerned, gratitude got me through everything.
65. I am too busy appreciating what I have to compare it with others. I don’t have time to complain because I’m too busy enjoying the things that are going right in my life.
66. If you look at the world around you and all its problems, you will be flustered. Instead of being upset that you don’t have enough, appreciate what you have. The more you appreciate what you have, the more gratitude, contentment and happiness you’ll feel.
67. You can’t compare apples and oranges – they are different. Appreciate the beauty in your life because it is special just, like you.
68. What I want others to know about me is that I am not a competitor. I feel like too many people chase money and success, but the things that money can’t buy, such as family, friends and having an impact on others, are the things that define a successful person.
69. Stop comparing your life to others on social media and start appreciating what you are blessed with.
70. When we stop comparing our lives with others, we can focus on giving our best, which is always perfect in its own way.
71. I focus on the present and am happy with what I have and where I am going. I do not compare myself to others; instead, I recognize that we are all unique individuals with unique opportunities in our lives.
72. I don’t compare myself to others because competing with people’s lifestyles is useless, and it makes me miserable when I do.
73. Many people are jealous of my life, but their opinions mean nothing to me because I know that all of us are given our own unique journeys in life.
74. If you’re taking time to compare yourself with others, you are wasting your life on an impossible goal. You can’t do better than your best.
75. I have chosen to surround myself only with people who reflect my thoughts and ideas. My life is my work of art, and I am too busy watering my own grass to know what is happening to someone else lawn.
76. It is very easy to get caught up in a comparison trap, but if we take time to appreciate what we already have, all the things that are already good, we will never be tempted to compare ourselves with others.
77. In life, we can wish for what others have or appreciate what we have. I choose the latter.
78. If you are busy watering your own grass, you will not have time to compare your behind-the-scenes with other people’s highlight reels.
79. Instead of comparing myself to others, I try to be the best person I can be. This way, I am happy with my life and thankful for everything I have. It brings me peace of mind knowing that I got to wake up on this beautiful day because God loves me and gave me one more day to live my life for Him.
80. Rather than admiring where others are today, think of where you were yesterday.
81. Everyone has their own struggles, no one is perfect, and we are all doing the best we can. We have to appreciate what we have and be grateful for it.
82. It’s hard to sustain your happiness when constantly thinking about what you don’t have.
83. It is not whether we have little or much, but rather how much love we put into what we do that matters.
84. Keep up on yourself and keep your focus. Life is a race, not a competition.
85. No person can bring you down as much as you can.
86. Everyone has struggles in their lives, no matter how perfect it looks from the outside. Everyone has something about them that makes them unique and beautiful.
87. For me, it’s not about the destination but the journey.
88. I am too busy making a positive difference in life to compare myself with others.
89. You have everything you need to live the life you want. Take advantage of it and start living now.
90. I am honest enough to admit my mistakes and move on to new things, which is how I learn.
91. Don’t compare yourself to others. You have your own gifts and talents that are unique to you. Focus on them instead of what others do.
92. If you want to be happy, it’s important to make sure that you appreciate your life just as it is.
93. When you appreciate what you have and are, the universe provides more for you.
94. I am my own person, and my definition of success is completely different from most people’s.
95. I am not comparing myself to others. If I am lucky enough to be in the position I am in today, it is due to my hard work and focuses on building my career.
96. Sometimes, it is better to be grateful for what you have in life than to wish for what you do not yet have.
97. Every day is different; every day is a new opportunity to start over and live your life more intentionally.
98. Life is not about how fast you run or if you get there in the first place. Life is about enjoying the experience of being alive right here, right now.
99. I don’t compare myself with others. I have found that to be a waste of time and completely unnecessary.
100. It’s important to realize your worth and work hard to get where you want to be. It’s also important that you always try to find the good in every situation.
Having gone through these too busy watering my grass quotes, I am sure you are happy to concentrate more on watering your own grass because comparing your life with others will only steal your joy and should be avoided at all costs. Let me know what you think in the comment section, and do well to share these unique quotes with others. Thanks.