Basketball is a team sport. In order for the team to win, everyone has to work together and contribute, unselfishly. Unselfish basketball is an attitude, where the primary objective is to win the game or accomplish common team objectives, and not to put up personal numbers.
An unselfish game is played with the team’s best interest in mind. The player focuses on accurate and effective passing, rather than getting his own shot or merely “fooling” his opponent by dumping the ball off to an approaching teammate who can make a better play.
In other words, there are two main ways to get your own points as a basketball player: You can make your own shots, or you can set up your teammates for easy shots that they’d score without your help. An unselfish player tries to do both, but in a way that sets his teammates up for success.
To play the game of basketball unselfishly is to strive in every way to help the team win. It’s more than that, however. True unselfishness means caring more about winning than you do about producing your own marvellous statistics.
This is not as simple as it sounds, because every player wants to win, yet all players know that they must produce winsome numbers to keep their jobs. See a collection of unselfish basketball quotes below.
Unselfish Basketball Quotes
When you play basketball, you have to be unselfish. Be the best basketball player that you can be. It’s not about how many points you score or how many rebounds or dunks you get. It’s more about the way you play the game of basketball and how you show respect to your opponent on and off the court.
1. A good basketball player is one who plays unselfishly, who plays with a purpose. Not any old thing, but the right things in the right places.
2. As a basketball player, you have to learn how to be unselfish. If you are not a good teammate and make the team better, then you won’t play.
3. Inside every great team, there is a group of unselfish people who sacrifice for each other.
4. If you have good basketball skills, but a poor attitude and selfish nature, you’ll always be on the bench.
5. Never forget that you’re great, but never be so full of yourself that you can’t appreciate your opponent. To be a leader, you have to be willing to make mistakes.
6. When you play basketball, you have to be unselfish. You can’t just think about yourself or what you want you to have to think about the team and how well everyone is playing together.
7. Basketball is a game of perseverance, sacrifice, and giving up the things that don’t matter to you in order to gain the things that do.
8. Don’t compare your talent to any other player. You’re unique and talented, so don’t let anyone else’s talents define you. Not everyone has to win the game. But everyone has to play. Don’t chase the ball, chase greatness.
9. Be a good teammate. Be a great leader. Be more than just yourself, show up as an example of what you want others to be. Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing
10. Basketball is the ultimate team sport. The best way to win a game is to lose yourself in it. Basketball is a game of sacrifice. You can’t give it unless you got it first.
11. Basketball is a game of sacrifice and unselfishness. It’s not about your ego or winning it’s about lifting other people up.
12. Basketball is a game of sacrifice, teamwork and letting go. The best way to make yourself better is to let someone else get better too.
13. Being a great basketball player isn’t about scoring points. It’s about being able to pass the ball, make big plays and lead by example.
14. Don’t be the player who watches their team lose. Be the selfless player who wins by default.
15. Basketball is a team sport. You can’t play alone, you have to be unselfish.
16. Your best basketball is only your best when you’re helping someone else be their best.
17. You can’t be scared of being wrong. You have to learn how to listen and adjust your thinking. Learn to be unselfish, and you can win basketball games at any level.
18. In basketball, it is wise to be unselfish because your team can only go as far as the weakest link.
19. Basketball is more than just a game. It’s an opportunity to be a leader, and it’s also about making a difference in people’s lives by being unselfish.
20. It’s the unselfish effort (and not the result) that counts. Basketball isn’t about the ball, it’s about everything else. Basketball is a team game. Work hard for your teammates, and they’ll work harder for you.
21. Basketball is a game of giving and take. You have to sacrifice and be unselfish in order to win.
22. Basketball is a game of unwavering focus, unselfishness and teamwork.
23. Basketball is a game of great passion and Unselfish. There is no greater love than that shared between two people who have played it together.
24. Basketball is a game of passion and instinct. You must be willing to sacrifice everything you have in order to win.
25. The most Unselfish act is to take a shot. The most unselfish, taking one for the team. The true greatness of a champion shouldn’t be measured by the size of his trophy case, but rather by his willingness to sacrifice for others.
26. The real ballplayer never makes the first shot. The real ballplayer makes the second and then the third, and eventually, he’s making all of his shots.
27. To be great at basketball you must be unselfish, play with the team and make all your teammates better.
28. Basketball is a game of sacrifice. It is not a game of self-promotion, but rather a game of unselfishness, teamwork and cooperation.
29. Try to learn to be unselfish. It will open up a wonderful world for you and make all people feel good about you.
30. You’re not going to be a great basketball player unless you’re willing to do some of the things that most people won’t do.
31. Basketball is an art. It’s not a sport. The game of basketball is not just about shooting hoops, running or jumping. The game is about being unselfish, and it’s all about the team.
32. The best player is the one that makes the most unselfish passes. It’s about making your team better, not yourself.
33. Basketball is a sport of champions, not a marathon. Never give up. Never let your teammates down. Always try your best. Always believe you can accomplish greatness.
34. It doesn’t matter how good you are at basketball. It’s about how much you want to be the best.
35. Be the best basketball player you can be, be the best person you can be, and make all the sacrifices to reach your goals.
36. Playing with other people’s egos is not fun. If you have talent and skill, you should be unselfish. You need to help them so they can realize their potential.
37. As a basketball player, you’re not here to lose. You’re here to win. Basketball is a game of two halves. It’s up to you to make sure the first half is a good one.
38. Always remember to play with a team, not for yourself. To succeed, you need to do things that other people think you can’t do.
39. I live my life like there is no tomorrow. I don’t want to be remembered as just a basketball player, I want to be celebrated as someone who has a positive effect on the world.
40. Never let the past hold you back. Be Unselfish, Be Courageous and always remember: Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will land among the stars.
41. Basketball is a sport of a team. The real winner is not he or she who scores the most points, but the person who helps his teammates to score more points.
42. Basketball is a game that fosters the unselfishness of others. Basketball is a game that makes you feel good, but it also makes you feel good about yourself.
43. The team is more important than the individual. This is what an Unselfish player means to the game of basketball
44. Basketball is a game of unselfishness. All the players are trying to win. The big shot is not what matters; it’s who makes the big shots that win or lose.
45. Basketball is a game of two halves. In the first half, you’re out there and you’re all in. You give it everything you’ve got. And when the buzzer sounds, that’s exactly what you do. Then in the second half, you have to be unselfish and understand that other people need the ball too.
46. Basketball is a sport of unselfishness. Not only because you have to pass the ball to your teammate but also because he has to give it to you.
47. Basketball is a game of teamwork, not selfishness. Always put others’ needs before your own.
48. When you know when to pass, you will never go astray. That’s why you’re here. So you can be the best and most unselfish basketball player you can be.
49. The only person you should compare yourself to is the person that you were yesterday. Just go out there, have fun and be Unselfish!
50. I am very proud of this team. They are willing to sacrifice their own personal goals to make our team win. I couldn’t be prouder of them, unselfish.
As part of the team effort, each individual takes his role in the greater good with an unselfish attitude, self-sacrifice and teamwork. I hope you found these unselfish basketball quotes here helpful. Kindly let me know in the comment box below. It would be nice to hear your thoughts.