Ten years into a relationship and some people are already married, some even with children. Some others are still enjoying their relationships and waiting for marriage. But for some, it’s time to go their separate ways.
While ten years is long enough to build the strength of a relationship, it’s also long enough to realize a breakup. Maybe the best option for you. Maybe you’ll realize you’re no longer compatible, or maybe one party will get disinterested in the relationship, or maybe one person will keep on hurting the other, and they’ll no longer be able to stand it.
A breakup doesn’t happen in silence. It has to be communicated so those involved know exactly where they stand. And coming up with what to say to initiate the breakup and during and after it could be hard.
But we’re here for you, and a few lines below are so many quotes you can use. You can send them as text messages, or you can say them to your partner’s face. You can also use them in any way that works for you.
So jump in and surf through these 10 years relationship break up quotes and help yourself to as many as you need.
10 Years Relationship Break up Quotes
I’m sorry. I can’t do this anymore. I want a breakup. Yes, I’ll always love you, and I’ll never stop thinking about you, but I just can’t force myself to stay in this relationship anymore. Hopefully, someday we’ll both find happiness elsewhere. This isn’t easy for me, either. Thanks for the lovely ten years.
1. I know this may be a surprise to you, but I’ve been giving it a lot of thought, and I feel it’s time for us to go our separate ways. After ten years of being together, my feelings have changed, and I don’t think I belong here anymore.
2. I want a breakup. Of course, I am thankful for the ten years we spent together. We shared a lot and had a lot of fun. But sometimes, I want something more, and I’m not getting that from our relationship. I wish you all the best.
3. I still love you, but just not the way I used to. You are an amazing human, but we’ve grown apart, and that’s not your fault. It just happens sometimes, and I’m sorry that this happened to us. Please know that even though I want a breakup now, my love for you will never fade away. Thanks for these ten years. You made them amazing.
4. I think this relationship has run its course. We’re going in separate ways, and I don’t think we should see each other anymore. It may kill me to say this, but I have to be honest. We just aren’t meant to be together forever. I still love you as a friend and wish you the best in life. Thanks for blessing me with ten years as my partner.
5. We both deserve more happiness, and that’s why we should break up. I’m the luckiest to have had you in my life for over ten years. I will never forget all of the memories we shared. You were here through everything. But we have to do this if we really want to be happy again. I will love you always.
6. To ask for a breakup right now is the hardest thing, but after recent events in our relationship, I’m here for one. I really appreciate your ten years of friendship and love. You know that I love you dearly. And I will readily support you when you need me.
7. I’m sorry this relationship has to end. We have had a great ten years run, and choosing a breakup is hard and sad, but we’re at certain points in our lives, and I know deep down that this is the best for both of us. I hope the future brings us happiness.
8. Things aren’t working, and there’s no fixing them, so what’s the point of being together anymore? Let’s break up. I’m so sorry this has to be the way we say goodbye. I will always have so much love for you and miss you. The ten years with you were beautiful.
9. Being together for ten years makes breaking up scary, but we have to break up today. I wish we could be together longer, but everything is only getting worse. Thank you for the amazing ten years together, but I just can’t do this anymore. Take care. Good luck in everything you pursue in life.
10. Too much time apart has changed things. I care very deeply for you, but I would like to end our relationship. The issue is no longer about distance and time but more than I am willing to say now. I hope that our next ten years are better than the ten we had together.
11. Consider our relationship over. I still love you, but I just have to let you know that I can no longer keep trying to save our relationship. Maybe it will help us both move on and find someone who can give us what we need. It’s better than being dishonest and sad. Thanks for these great ten years!
12. What made me fall in love with you ten years ago is what makes it so hard to let you go. But I have to because a breakup is what’s best for us. I will always care about you, whether we are together or not. I had my wishes, but sometimes fate has other plans.
13. This is so hard to say, but I feel it is right. We should break up. I’ll miss you and our time together. You were good to me and good for me, and I’ll never forget that. Thank you for everything and all the love you have given me over the last ten years. You will always be a cherished friend.
14. The reason feel sad right now is because I’m about to lose you. We are no longer good for each other, and we should break up. Thanks for ten years of joy and fun, but I have to let you go now so we can both find someone better.
15. When I met you ten years ago, I had no idea that you would be so important to me. You brought me so much joy and hope. I loved being with you and sharing in your dreams. My biggest dream was to have a life with you. Sadly, our relationship has gone beyond repair. I can’t continue this relationship anymore. I’m calling a breakup. Thanks for ten beautiful years, though.
16. I still love you, but I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be what you need in a woman anymore. I want you to be happy, and I just can’t make you happy anymore, no matter what I do. Please don’t hate me. It kills me to see you sad. We’ll be glad we are breaking up. Thanks for sharing ten years of your life with me.
17. I don’t know where to begin. I have mad love for you, and I always will, but I can’t be with you anymore. Whatever we had is over. You changed, and that’s okay; I want you to be happy. We know this is for the best, and we will always be friends. I am glad and proud I spent these ten years with you.
18. I still love you. I always will. But I feel like my life at this point needs freedom from relationships. Maybe we will bump into each other again someday and pick up where we left off, but for now, I want a breakup. Thanks for the ten years we enjoyed together.
19. I feel that I need to break up with you. I’m sorry, but for my happiness and for yours, we have to do this. Of course, I’ll remember your insane ability to make me laugh when nothing else could and the amazing times we had in our ten years together. But at the end of the day, there is no denying that our relationship has run its course.
20. We have shared some great moments together over the years. I really enjoyed our time together, but we have changed and grown and can no longer be together. I want a breakup. I am thankful for the ten years we spent together and all the fun we had.
21. We fell in love and became one. But things went wrong, and we couldn’t fix them. And now, I am breaking up with you. I’ll always remember our good times. You will always be special to me. I’m glad I spent these ten years with you.
22. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, but this is me asking for a breakup. I believe you are an amazing person, and I wish for nothing but the best for you, but after I’m yet to recover from the last time you broke my heart and I feel it’s finally time to end this relationship and move on. Thanks for being my partner for ten years.
23. This relationship wasn’t meant to be forever. We’re just too different. Let’s break up. Our great times together and the memories of being with you are unforgettable. These ten years were the best. Hope we can stay friends?
24. This is me asking for a break, and you know why. I have no regrets about being with you. As a matter of fact, you are on the list of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. But we’ve grown over the last ten years in ways that demand a breakup. I love you more than you’ll ever know, and I’ll never stop admiring you.
25. I love you, and I always will, but I’m not in love with you anymore. I’ve tried all I can, and it’s clear I should break up with you. I wish you the best in your life and hope you find a great woman who will be two times more than whatever I am to you. I hope your next ten years are sweeter than the ones we had.
26. I don’t want to sound sad as I ask for this breakup, but I know it is sad. Being together for ten years has made me so attached to you. Thank you for everything these last 10 years; I had a blast. I hope whatever your future holds is better than all the days we had. You’ll always be my friend.
27. We’re heading towards terrible times if we don’t break up now. It’s not healthy for us. You are my best friend right now and will always be dear to me. I will always keep you in my heart, but to keep the love we have as friends, I have to let you go. We’ve known for more than ten years, so let’s stay friends, please.
28. It’s sad that we have to break up. I really have enjoyed a decade of you. You are a woman with a diamond heart, and I wish you the best and most amazing life ever. I will always love you from afar.
29. I am sorry I am not able to change into the man of your dreams. I think it’s best to put these ten years behind and break up. You are really important to me, so take care of yourself, don’t get too sad and stay positive! I wish you the best. Love you lots!
30. I want a breakup. Clearly, things aren’t working out for us, and there’s no point dragging them anymore. I have to tell you that I will never forget about you, though. Thanks for the memories. Let’s always be a part of each other’s lives. Let’s stay close friends. Take care. I’m glad these ten years were spent with you.
31. I can’t express how sad I feel about having to say goodbye to you. We have been together for ten years. I will miss you terribly, but I want you to be happy in your life, and it’s just not possible with me in it.
32. It’s hard to break up with an angel like you, but we both need it right now. I will treasure all of the amazing moments we spent together. You made me happy and fulfilled for ten years, but now it’s time to move on to things we know we really need. I wish you the best in all your future endeavours, and you’ll always have a special place in my heart.
33. I want to apologize for hurting you. I never meant to, and I know that it’s my fault we’re breaking up now. I’ll miss you. I’ll think about you every day and wonder where you are, what you are doing and who you are with. Thanks for our ten years together.
34. Recently, I felt like a breakup was coming, but I never thought it would be so soon. It really sucks because we’ve been through a lot together. I wish that I could time travel a little and change both of us, so our relationship could last. I’ll miss you! Thanks for these ten years.
35. First, I want you to know that I’ve decided to break up with you. I am thankful for all of the ten years we were together. You were indeed my first love. I know it must hurt like hell not only to be broken up with but also to see your ex-girlfriend in the future going around with someone else, but what can we do right now? It’s great that we are still friends, though! See, you didn’t lose me.
36. We both know we can’t be together anymore. Let’s break up now. I’m sorry, but it’s over. I wish you the best of luck in life, and I hope for your own happiness. I really do. Thanks for these ten years.
37. You are beautiful, a completely awesome person, and I just wish that I have what it takes to be the person you want me to be and stick around to see what amazing things might happen if we stick together. I refuse to hold you back. Please, move on and be happy. Thanks for these great ten years!
38. I’m breaking up with you. I’ve given it much thought, and I know it’s best for us. Thank you for a decade of your love and loyalty. Thank you for sharing your body and love with me. Thank you for staying with me through the good times and the bad. I will never forget our time together.
39. We are now different people, and it’s affected our relationship to this point, and a breakup is the only way out. I hope that you find someone who treats you exactly how you want to be treated. These past ten years haven’t always been easy, but I have to say that the good times were really good. We will always be friends.
40. We both know a breakup is the best for us right now, so let’s try not to regret it. Although we have come to the end of our relationship, I want you to know that you will always be my friend. I wish you all the love and happiness in the world and look forward to seeing you at events in the future. Thanks for sharing ten years of your life with me.
41. I’m calling for a breakup. It’s painful to see our time together come to an end like this after ten years, but that’s the only choice I have. Thank you for everything. I will always love you madly. I’ll really miss you.
42. As we move on and away from this relationship, you should know that I am forever thankful that we dated. Ten years is a long time, and most of it was beautiful for me. All I wish is the best for you in all that you do.
43. We have both decided to break up. It’s over between us, but I still love you. I would do anything for you and even though we can’t date anymore, just know that I am still here for you whenever you need me. Thanks for the ten years.
44. We are so lucky to have spent the last ten years together, but many things have shown us that we need a breakup. I hope that we can maintain such a close friendship because you mean more to me than you will ever know. You are amazing and kind and strong, and I love you with all my heart. Good luck in everything you do, my darling.
45. You mean the world and more to me, and that’s why it hurts so much to break up with you. But I want you to be happy and find someone who will treat you like you want to and deserve to be treated. I want the best for you. You’re a wonderful person, and all I want to hear after this breakup is that you have found happiness. Thanks for the ten beautiful years.
46. This is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to write, but since we are no longer in love ourselves, let’s break up. We’ve been together for ten years, so I’d add that we’ve shared most of our adult lives together and that I have no regrets. Although we no longer have romantic feelings for each other, I will always cherish the memories we made together, as well as your friendship.
47. We got together when we were just teens, and we enjoyed most of our ten years together. But I see now as the time to go our separate ways. I will always care about you and will forever be your friend
48. I love you more than words could ever express, but the truth is I’m not ready to get married or have children, so we might need a breakup. You have brought so much joy and love into my life these ten years, and I will miss us. We are the right ones for each other right now. You deserve someone that can make that commitment.
49. We need a breakup. I’m sorry things aren’t working out between us, but we’ve had a great time together, and I will always love you. Perhaps our paths will cross again. Thanks for these ten years.
50. Our needs are now different, and only a breakup can make us truly happy. This is me asking for one. You were a joy to be with, and I never doubted your love. You will always be in my heart and in my thoughts. I will visit you soon. These ten years with you were lovely.
51. It’s time we got a breakup. We’ve been in this relationship for ten beautiful years, and I would never want anyone to hold ill will towards you. I’ll miss the fun days we had together, but I will always remember them fondly. Good luck in the future, and stay happy!
There you have it interesting, beautiful . I’m sure you found the perfect one to use from these wonderful 10 years relationship break up quotes. Feel free to surf this blog if you need more interesting quotes and to share this article with a couple of your friends. Thanks.