Am I a good person? It’s a question we ask ourselves every day. It’s something we probably asked ourselves in high school, too, right?
Regardless of how you choose to live your life, there may be times when life feels hopeless and overwhelming. However, as you go about your daily activities, it is important to remember that you are a good person no matter what has happened in the past or will happen in the future.
If you need help knowing that you are a good person, think back to all of the great things you have done for friends, family members, or total strangers. Whatever happened in your past, look at all of the people you have helped and consider just how good of a person you are.
More so, the ultimate measure of how “good” we are is not how well we compare to others—it’s how we compare to ourselves.
Be a good person. Love who you are and what you have, and understand that this is hard work to achieve. Life is not meant to be easy, but it can be less hair pulling.
Here are some of the best am I a good person quotes. And I hope these quotes make your day better or at least point out the obvious where you need help most in your life.
Am I A Good Person
What makes a good person good? Perhaps it is their strength while being gentle or their kindness while still being tough. They’re willing to listen to what you have to say but also hold fast to their ideas.
1. A good person is humble and gentle, but never weak. They are not afraid to be tough when it is the right thing to do. They believe in the power of diversity but never fear the things that make people different.
2. A good person is someone you can trust and be there for you during hard times and someone whom you can rely on for support. They are willing to help and appreciate your friendship.
3. A good person is open to new ideas and maintains a firm belief that they are right. They are confident in who they are and what they stand for. You’re good, and you want others to know it!
4. Being a good person means you do not care about your place among other people’s priorities. It means being kind for the sake of being kind and never expecting anything in return. You should have a good character, be accommodating, and possess selflessness.
5. A good person is a balance of both strength and sensitivity. Like the cross exercise, one needs to have both hands working together to lift the weight. If you can’t lift it alone, you need help from your friend.
6. We can be the best version of ourselves, even when life feels overwhelming. There is always hope. We need to make it a point to be good people.
7. Being a good person isn’t about avoiding trouble and just trying to live an easy life. It’s about being kind to others, thinking of others before yourself, and making the world a better place for everyone.
8. A good person likes to laugh, who can cry and let it go, and who is willing to forgive. A good person down deep knows who he or she is and knows what that means.
9. Being a good person means listening, understanding, and being there for one another.
10. A good person is a blend of both strength and sensitivity. Strength to stand up for what you believe is right, and sensitivity to understand what the other person needs.
11. I’m a pretty good person, but I’m not perfect. Nobody’s perfect.
12. Being kind to others can be harder than it seems, but with the occasional reminder to be nice and do good things, we can all strive to be better people. We all have room for improvement.
13. A good person is a blend of sensitivity and strength. Sensitivity to understand the needs of others, to appreciate the beauty around us, and strength to stand for what’s right.
14. Good people tend to be both sensitive and strong; they balance sensitivity and strength.
15. Good people are both strong and kind. They have the strength to do right and the kindness needed to understand what others need.
16. A good person is both soft and hard, who feels emotions deeply and can set those feelings aside.
17. Be a good person, be kind, and remember that we all have the opportunity to influence one another. Your actions speak louder than words.
18. A good person is someone who’s simultaneously strong and sensitive, who opens up easily, but then can move on.
19. A good person is someone soft and hard who can feel deeply and set emotions aside.
20. A good friend is both soft and hard. They empathize with you and support you when the going gets tough but can set aside their feelings to do what’s best for you.
21. Good people are nuanced. They’re soft and tenderhearted but also strong.
22. A good person is both loving and tough, able to have compassion and show strength.
23. A good person is strong and gentle, kind but tough. They are open to new ideas but also certain they are right.
24. Being a good person can be difficult. It is often easier not to get involved than to confront the problems of others. But if you can be that person that helps make things better for those around you, then your life will certainly have been a success.
25. A good person is honest and smart. They act according to a code of ethics and stay true to their word. They are devoted to their friends and family. They are funny but also kind and compassionate.
26. A good person respects people who act with grace and vigour and stay calm in troubling situations. They might say something annoying once, but they mean well. The problem is that they don’t listen too closely, so they usually repeat the same mistakes repeatedly. But maybe that’s okay.
27. Being a good person is hard. Being a good person to someone ungrateful and unwilling to listen to you is even harder.
28. A good person is loving and caring but firm when needed, someone who will happily play with their child and teach them how to get along with others.
29. Being a good person is hard. It’s especially hard in a world where humans are struggling through turmoil and trying to find their way. But it’s not impossible. If you remember: think good, do good, and be good, you’ll always be a good person.
30. Real toughness is measured by the degree to which you experience hardships but remain open to new ideas. A good person doesn’t just believe in their ideas. They live them.
31. A good person will listen to your concerns no matter how small they seem and work with you to find reasonable solutions.
32. A good friend is someone who listens to your concerns and works with you to find reasonable solutions. A good friend will always have time to listen.
33. A good person listens to you and tries to help in any way they can.
34. A good person will work with you and be your friend, no matter how big or small the issue may seem.
35. A good person is someone willing to listen. We understand that every situation you are in may be different, and each one requires a different strategy.
36. A good person is someone who listens to your concerns and cooperates with you when you want to solve them.
37. A good person is someone you can trust to listen to your thoughts and ideas and will genuinely appreciate your time together.
38. A good person is someone who will listen to your concerns no matter how big or small they are and help you work toward rational solutions.
39. Good person is always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need.
40. A good friend will listen to you vent about your annoying coworkers and sympathize. They’ll help you work through it together.
41. A good friend speaks honestly and doesn’t say things that hurt you. A good person is affectionate and loyal and always there for you.
42. A true friend has two very important qualities. One, he or she cares about you and does not judge you. Two, he or she is brave enough, to tell the truth regardless of how hard it may be for you to hear it.
43. A good person is willing to sacrifice and help others.
44. Good people are just that – good. They exude a positive aura from the inside out that attracts others to them. And it’s not just charisma, either. It’s being easygoing, compassionate, and understanding of others too.
45. A good person understands the importance of being strong and having empathy. They have respect for others and a willingness to listen.
46. The good and happy person will make others feel good about themselves and happy too.
47. When you are a good person, you attract all the good things in life.
48. Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.
49. It is a good person who makes you feel that you, too, can become good.
50. Be a good person, but don’t waste time proving it.
51. You don’t have to go to a temple to pray and meditate. You can pray and meditate whenever you do good things for other people.
52. Be patient with everyone. But be patient with yourself, too.
53. Am I a good person? What a silly question. Of course, you are. Don’t doubt yourself for one second.
54. You are a good person, with a kind heart. It would help if you didn’t think otherwise.
55. Yes, you are a good person! You try and do the best for others and yourself; you love, work hard, and only want to be happy.
56. Maybe I haven’t succeeded in being a good person yet. But I haven’t stopped trying to be one.
57. All I care about is not being bad. A bad situation can influence a good person, but a better person can stand strong in the face of evil.
58. I can’t do it all. I cannot be a good friend, great girlfriend, and an awesome employee simultaneously, so I choose to be a great friend and a good girlfriend and an awesome employee.
59. Don’t ask someone, ‘Am I a good person?’ Ask yourself instead, and if the answer is yes, tell people.
60. I’m a good person, with or without your approval.
61. I’m not a good person, but I’m happy to listen to you talk about your problems.
62. I do my best to be a good kind person, and I hope people reflect that back.
63. Even if I weren’t the good person you think I am, it wouldn’t matter. You are my friend; that is all that matters to me.
64. Good people believe everything, but they get hurt by what they believe; better try to understand the thing before believing it.
65. You’re not a bad person for wanting to break up or end things with someone. It says more about you that you’re aware of what you truly want and refuse to allow yourself to stay stuck and unhappy.
66. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and get up eight times. You will learn more from your mistakes than you will ever learn from all your successes.
67. I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.
68. So often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
69. Don’t wait to be the good guy, be a good person, and the right people will come.
70. Learn how to be a good person, rather than expecting the good ones to find you.
71. It’s never too late to start being nice to people. Eventually, you’ll develop a reputation of being helpful and reliable, and help will come back to you.
72. You don’t need to be popular to be a good person—be a good person, and you’ll find your popularity soaring.
73. There’s no need to wait for someone to pay attention to you. Just be nice and pay attention in return.
74. How you treat people directly reflects your character; be good to yourself, to others, and the world.
75. A good person is a person who tries to be kind and thoughtful, someone who values other people’s feelings and lives.
76. A good person is someone who treats others how they want to be treated, does things for them like you would want them to do for you, and loves others the way you would want them to love you.
77. A good person will hardly have anything bad to say about anyone because they don’t like drama, talking behind people’s backs, and they know the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
78. Be a good person. It doesn’t take much to spread kindness in this world.
79. Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
80. There is nothing more attractive than someone who knows who they are and what they want.
81. A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.
82. If you don’t believe in the light at the end of the tunnel, then be the light that lights the tunnel.
83. Kindness matters. Spread kindness like confetti and be the person you want to meet.
84. Become the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “Oh no, she’s up!
85. There is no need to wait until someone deserves your attention; focus on strengthening your character, and you will win the trust of everyone around you.
86. Don’t waste time trying to be a perfect person. Just try to be a better person today than you were yesterday.
87. Be a good person. It’s not hard and has immediate benefits.
88. It’s easy to be good. That’s why it is so hard to be a good person.
89. There is no need to wait for someone to be a good person; be a good person, and you will earn the people who deserve it.
90. Say nice things, do kind things, and be a good person today; there’s no wrong way to be a good person.
91. Being a good person is the best possible thing you can do for others.
92. It’s better to be a good person than a great one.
93. There’s no need to wait until someone deserves a good person; be a good person, and you will earn the people who deserve it.
94. Do good, Feel Good. Be cool, kind, and be the change you wish to see in the world.
95. Don’t wait to be a good person. Just be a good person and earn the people who deserve it.
96. You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.
97. I like to think that I’m a good person, but who knows what goes on in someone else’s mind.
98. No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.
99. How does someone know you are a good person? Well, the truth is, most people don’t.
100. We live in a world where people want to feel good about themselves and be recognized as good people.
We can all reiterate the same message: being a good person is important. We all want to be seen as good people. It’s a favourable characteristic, and it’s one that you should strive for.
I hope that each of these quotes helps you find a way to be kind during your day or remind yourself how thoughtful and compassionate you are.
But whatever mood you’re in, remember that there’s always one simple thing you can do every day that will make all the difference: be good to someone else.
You love it; go ahead and hit the share button.