Asking for forgiveness is not about weakness. It’s about acknowledging mistakes, and resilience. it’s human nature to offend anyone. Forgiveness can help you heal when someone has hurt you. Whether it is a friend, a family member or an acquaintance, there is always a chance to ask for forgiveness. Whether you choose to ask for someone’s forgiveness or not, most people will be more forgiving if you approach them the right way.
Chances are if you’ve done something wrong, then maybe you’ve offended the person and made them feel horrible about themselves or about what you’ve done. Sometimes you can fix the mistake that you made and sometimes you can’t. If you made a mistake and you are asking for forgiveness, then you are learning from it.
It is normal for friends, relatives, and partners to get into fights and arguments, and it is another thing to learn how to ask for forgiveness. But if you have crossed the line and want to apologise to them for making a mistake, use these asking for forgiveness quotes to plead for forgiveness.
Asking For Forgiveness Quotes
I hope you will forgive me for what I did. I brought you down and destroyed our close friends as well and now, because of my actions, you no longer talk to me, which pains me deeply. I’m so sorry that I hurt you.
1. Please forgive me for the pain and sadness I have caused you. I am so sorry for everything I have done. I wish that I could rewind time and change my actions.
2. Last night was an embarrassing moment, but I appreciate your understanding. I realise that I behaved incredibly stupidly, and I am truly sorry. Please forgive me.
3. My child. I am so sorry for my rash decision; the words cannot say how sorry I am. I hope you can forgive me and that we can forgive each other and move forward. We both made a mistake, but we can come out of this better people.
4. We’re sorry about that mistake. And we’ll do better next time.
5. Yes, I’ve made mistakes. Yes, I’ve lied. Yes, I’ve been letting you down. Yes, I’ve done wrong to you. Will you forgive me?
6. With the gift of hindsight, I now see how my actions have affected others. For that, I am sorry.
7. You mean the world to me, and I don’t want to lose you. I cherish our friendship. Please forgive me.
8. We’re so sorry for any inconvenience these issues have caused you. We know it’s not what you expect when you order a pizza, and we appreciate your patience while we work through this.
9. Sometimes, you need to ask for forgiveness. Not because you don’t know what you did but because you want them to feel your sincerity.
10. There is no reason we should ever be afraid to ask for forgiveness.
11. Forgive me for all the things I’ve done to hurt you; forgive me for all the times I couldn’t be there.
12. We’re sorry we kept you waiting. We’re sorry for the shortcuts we take and the stress we cause.
13. You have been such a good friend and the best mentor anyone could ask for. I know I’ve let you down in the past, but those mistakes are in the past, and may I ask you to forgive me?
14. You are my best friend, and I do not want to lose you over one little mistake. We have been friends for over half of my life for such a long time. It would be a shame if we couldn’t move past this. Please forgive me.
15. We all make mistakes. We all do things we’re not proud of. I know I hurt you, and I’m sorry for how much it must have hurt you. I am truly sorry. Just know that I will do my best never to let it happen again, but if it does, remember that I will always be here for you and forgive you until the end of time.
16. Forgive what I’ve done to you. I know that no words can make everything all right again, but please know that I am deeply sorry and will work to fix what I broke forever or as far as I can!
17. Please forgive me for what I have done. I am not whom you thought I was, and I didn’t mean to hurt you.
18. Please forgive me so we can move on and be together more than ever before.
19. My anger towards you was unjustly misplaced. I’m sorry. I can never make up for the years of pain and anguish I caused, but please know that your forgiveness is all I need to start over. Please give me another chance, as your friend.
20. Everyone makes mistakes. It’s most important to forgive ourselves for those mistakes and keep trying. Keep on trying.
21. You know what, I know it’s been a while since we talked, but I just wanted to call you and say I’m sorry.
22. Forgive me for putting this in your way, but sometimes it’s better to get it off your chest.
23. Please forgive me, I will work hard to fix my mistakes and be a better person.
24. My intentions were never to hurt you. I always just wanted to be your everything. Please forgive me.
25. You’re the brightest star in my sky; I’m very sorry for everything I’ve done. Please forgive me.
26. The time didn’t mean anything to me because I thought I would be with you forever. Please come back so we can start over again; please forgive me.
27. Please forgive me and give me another chance to prove myself.
28. You broke my heart because you didn’t see what I see or choose the things I choose. You were my someone, and now I’m alone again. My heart aches for you, but it’s finally breaking free, wishing it could go back in time. Please forgive me.
29. You were always there for me, and I could come to you for help when I’m truly in need. All I can do is hope that you will be able to forgive me one day.
30. I know I was wrong, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this, but sometimes things get out of hand, and it’s harder to say no. Give me a chance to make it all better again. Please forgive me.
31. I’m sorry for what I’ve done, and I’m begging for your forgiveness. I am so sorry for my mistakes, and I won’t make them again. I m asking you to please forgive me.
32. I’m sorry I had to go, but I needed the time to think. You are a wonderful friend, and I hope you know that. Please forgive me for being that way, it’s just my insecure side showing up without warning and sometimes without any reason. I promise to try and change and be more patient from now on.
33. I ask for your forgiveness and apologise for my mistake, as I should have been more careful and attentive. I appreciate your love and support, especially when I have time.
34. I want you to know I realise what a mistake I made. I hurt your feelings most cruelly. Seeing the sadness on your face crushed me, and I was at a loss for what to do. You are my dearest friend, and I would never want to lose you.
35. I just want you to know that I’m truly sorry for what I did. I know it will be hard to forgive me, and I’ll spend my entire life making it up to you. But I promise that I will never forget the pain I caused in your heart no matter what happens.
36. I am sorry for the pain I’ve caused you, but I’m sorry for not forgiving you during your darkest days. We all make mistakes. Forgive me.
37. I have been a bad friend. I didn’t visit you when you needed me the most, and I let you down. I wish I could turn back time and do it all over again. Knowing that you were hurting, I kept my distance and kept to myself. I’m sorry, forgive me, my friend.
38. I am so sorry for yelling at you yesterday. You mean everything to me; please forgive me.
39. I know I’ve made some mistakes in the past and that I hurt you. You’re so upset with me, and I would do anything for a second chance. I care about you so much, please forgive me.
40. I want to ask for forgiveness from the people I’ve hurt. I’m sorry for not being the friend I should have been, I hope you still forgive me and know that I care about you.
41. I’m sorry for what I did. But I won’t be if you accept my apology. Can we talk?
42. Let’s forgive ourselves and those we have hurt to be free and live our best lives.
43. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I’m trying to do better. Please give me another chance.
44. I can say that I am so sorry for everything I’ve done to you and everyone else around me. Please forgive me and give me a chance to prove to you that I have changed.
45. I’ve been trying again to mend our broken friendship. It is my fault for what happened, and I know you have every right to hate me. Please forgive me.
46. I apologise for my behaviour. I promise that I will try to do better in the future. I love you very much and don’t want anything to harm our relationship.
47. I’m sorry that I hurt you. I should have put more thought into my actions. I wasn’t thinking about what I was doing, so I hope that you can forgive me. Just know that I never meant any harm at all.
48. I know I’ve made some mistakes that hurt you, and I am determined to change! Please forgive me.
49. I am sorry for what I did. First, I apologise for not believing in you and being angry when you wanted to share your dreams with me. I am a better person because of you and feel guilty that I wasted so much time. I love you, and please forgive me!
50. I am sorry, I was wrong. I was late, and I should have called you. I promise it won’t happen again. Even though I didn’t intend to hurt your feelings, please forgive me.
51. I am truly sorry for hurting you. I never meant to cause you any pain and will intentionally do it again. When I hurt you, I hurt myself just as much because your happiness is mine. If there is anything I can do, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
52. I know I’ve said some mean things to you, but I hope you forgive me. I never meant them, and you are a great friend. Every time I see your face, my face lights up with a smile, and my day is instantly brighter. You make the sunshine on even my darkest days.
53. I know it is hard to forgive, but I am sorry. I know you are mad, and I understand why. I won’t bother you anymore.
54. I didn’t mean to get you in trouble. I hope you can forgive me for putting you in that position. You’re the only person I can turn to. I promise I’ll never do anything like this again. I am sorry for all the heartache and trouble I’ve caused you.
55. I’m so sorry. I never meant to cause you pain, but I let my jealousy and anger get me. Please forgive me. I will do anything for your forgiveness. I promise not to let my feelings for a fling again.
56. I hope you know I did my best and hope you can forgive me.
57. I know I can’t take back what I did, but I’m begging you to forgive me.
58. Sometimes we say things in the heat of the moment, or maybe we shouldn’t have said what we did — either way, sometimes, we need to ask for forgiveness. This can be for family, friends, coworkers or even strangers.
59. I’m sorry I got angry with you; you didn’t deserve it. You are the best friend a guy can have, and I feel so lucky that I have you in my life.
60. I am so sorry. I know that I was wrong. I am truly sorry, and it will never happen again. Please forgive me!
61. I know that I have hurt you. You are the most important person in my life, and I would do anything to make it right again. You shouldn’t have to worry about me, and everything should be good between us. Please forgive me for hurting you so bad.
62. I know I let you down. I know I lost your trust. I know you won’t understand and please don’t be angry. I will make it up to you, somehow. Just know that I love you too much to lose you. You are my best friend, my other half and my only family.
63. I know I’ve been acting weird lately…I didn’t mean to be. I’ve just had a lot on my mind. I don’t know how to tell you this, but I want us to be together. Honestly, I’m so, so sorry for lying. Please don’t leave me.
64. I may not deserve it, but I hope you’ll forgive me. I love you so much, and I made a mistake – again. Please forgive me.
65. I’m sorry for being so selfish and not thinking about you. I’m sorry for all the days I put myself first and didn’t see my perfect life with you. Please forgive me.
66. I am so sorry for the pain I have caused you. I wish I could take back everything. I don’t even know what to say. Please forgive me, and let’s move on.
67. I know you’re going to put this book down, walk away from me, and say nothing. I know it’s not easy for you to forgive me.
68. I am so sorry. I know there is no excuse for what I did. I was wrong, and I know that you are mad at me. Please forgive me and know that it will not happen again.
69. I am so sorry for hurting you. Please forgive me.
70. It breaks me inside when we argue, and please forgive me.
71. I am sorry for all the times I snapped at you and rebuffed your attempt to reach out. From now on, I promise that I will express my feeling without censorship and fail. Please forgive me.
72. I know I’ve said it once before, but I’m so sorry for being gone and selfish. I needed time for myself, and I should have told you that. Please forgive me for being such a deadbeat.
73. I’ve been a horrible friend. You’ve been there for me through so many things, and I have not been there for you as much. I am so sorry and hope we can still be friends. Forgive me, dear.
74. I know you guys have been mad at me. I am truly, truly sorry. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I promise that I never meant to hurt you guys.
75. I’m so sorry for ditching your wedding, especially at the last minute. I hope I see you at the next. With deep regrets.
76. I’m so sorry for the anger and stress I caused you. I wish I could take it all back, but I know that’s impossible. From the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry!
77. It’s amazing being with you. I never thought I would meet someone like you. You make me feel so special and loved. Asking for your forgiveness is near impossible, but here goes: I was wrong. I was foolish, inconsiderate and wrong…I’m so sorry for making you feel that way! Please forgive me.
78. I’m sorry I made that joke at your expense yesterday. It wasn’t funny, and it shouldn’t have been so meaningful. I don’t have a good excuse – the truth is I’ve been frustrated with most of you recently and took my frustration out on you. I hope someday you will forgive me!
79. Sometimes, I can’t think straight and don’t know the right thing to do. I am truly sorry for the pain I have caused you, please forgive me.
80. Please forgive me for all of my wrongs, and I am sorry for all the hurt I have caused you.
81. Please forgive me, I will never do it again. Do not break my heart and throw it away.
82. I’m not sure why I did what I did. Maybe it was because I was under much stress and just lost my cool. Maybe I’ve been letting you down lately, so I lashed out at you when you tried to help me. Please, find it in your heart to forgive me.
83. Please forgive me and give me a second chance. I know that my actions hurt you, but I promise it will never happen again
84. You’re an amazing friend. I’m so sorry I didn’t see that or appreciate it sooner. No matter what is in your past, know that my actions hurt you, but I promise it will never happen again. Please forgive me.
85. Please forgive me, and I promise that it will never happen again. I’m sorry for what I did. I had no idea that it would hurt you so much.
86. I love you, and I’m sorry for the pain I caused you. Please forgive me! With lots of love.
87. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I am so sorry for the pain I have caused you and the family. I will work around the clock to make it up to you; please give me another chance.
88. I am so sorry for what I did. I never wanted to hurt you. Please forgive me so that we can be together again.
89. I know I said some hurtful things to you, and I am truly sorry. You are one of the most loving and caring people I know. Please forgive me.
90. All I want is to mend the bridge between us and have us be like we were before. Please forgive me!
91. It may not be too late for us to start over. I’m sorry for what I have done or said that hurt you and your family. Please forgive me; I didn’t mean it
92. I hope one day we can talk and put all this behind us. I know it will take time, but I hope that we can be friends in the end.
93. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, and all the things I said are not true. Please forgive me and forget everything that has happened in the past.
94. I am sorry if I have ever done anything to hurt you. I hope you can forgive me because I hate the idea of us being apart because of my actions. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will do whatever it takes to show you how much you mean to me.
95. I’m so sorry for hurting you. I promise to do my best never to do it again. I hope you can forgive me for breaking your heart. I don’t ever want to lose your love. We have been through so much together, and I don’t want our love to end.
96. I know things haven’t been perfect between us, but I’m sorry and hope you can forgive me. I wouldn’t want to be married to anyone else. I love you so much!
97. I hope you can forgive me. We may not have had the best start to our friendship, but I truly care about you and never meant to hurt you. I am sincerely sorry for whatever I did that hurt you so much.
98. Please forgive me for being so selfish and not spending enough time with you.
99. I’m truly sorry for what I did. I should’ve been more careful with your feelings, and I truly regret causing you pain. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.
100. I couldn’t imagine my life without you. I hope someday I can forgive myself for all the pain I caused you.
101. Please forgive me. I miss you, and I never want to make you feel sad again.
102. I am so sorry that I hurt you – you deserve better. I beg for your forgiveness, and I will do my best to make it up to you. May peace be with you and your loved ones.
103. Forgive me, please, and feel free to vent at me if it will make you feel better.
104. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me, and we can move forward. I am so sorry.
105. I can’t believe I let you down and hurt you. Words can not express how sorry I am. I hope one day you can forgive me.
106. I’m so sorry for making you feel that way. I was wrong to say what I did and do what I did. Please forgive me. I just want to make you happy again.
107. I am very sorry for the things I’ve done. I know that how I acted was wrong, and I think you are to blame. Please forgive me.
I hope these asking for forgiveness quotes helped you in one way or other to apologise and ask for forgiveness from whomever you might have wronged. Please let me know how you feel about this post in the comment section. Thanks for reading.