Breakups are never easy, but they can be made easier if you know what to expect and how to approach the situation. A relationship breakup is a stressful and painful experience. It’s normal to feel sad, angry, confused and hurt when you break up with someone you love. Breaking up in person is always the best option because it gives both parties a chance to talk things through face-to-face before deciding on the best way forward for both parties.
A breakup announcement is a lot like any other kind of announcement. You want to be respectful, sensitive and direct with your partner. This can be difficult when the relationship has ended, but it’s important to remain professional throughout the process. It is a formal statement of the end of a relationship. It is typically written and sent to friends and family who are affected by the news, but it can also be posted on social media like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When you are going through a breakup, you may find that you want to announce it to everyone at once.
However, this may not be necessary or appropriate for everyone involved in your life. If you have children at home or if other people will be affected by this decision, it is important to think carefully about how those people will react to the news and whether announcing it publicly would cause them undue stress or pain. But remember that your feelings are valid. You don’t need to hide them from others or pretend everything is okay if it’s not. And even though it may seem impossible now, the pain of a breakup will subside over time as you heal emotionally and move on with your life.
Below is a collection of breakup announcement quotes that contains some templates you can use in breaking the news.
Breakup Announcement Quotes
We’re sad to announce that we’re breaking up. We’ve had so much fun with you and we’re thankful for your time together. We are sure that you can find a better match than us, and we wish you all the best as you begin your new journey.
1. This breakup announcement means the end of your relationship. The breakup is so sudden, so dramatic and shocking that it’s impossible to digest or understand. You’re angry and hurt, but you’ll eventually find a way to forgive (and forget).
2. There are so many feelings and emotions involved after a breakup. It’s not just about saying that you’re gone, but it’s also about coping with the aftermath of the breakup.
3. It’s time for me to let you know that I have been thinking about our relationship a lot lately, and we aren’t meant to be together. I hope you are happy and find someone who appreciates everything about you.
4. It takes a lot of courage to break up with someone and this picture provides us with some great advice. Sometimes it’s best to just say you don’t see a future for yourself and the sake of others, and end it there.
5. It’s time for us to go our separate ways. Our relationship has run its course, your attention span is limited, and the distance between us is growing every day. It’s been great while it lasted, but now it’s over.
6. Though it makes us sad, we have decided to end our relationship. We have had many great moments together and hope you will remember the happiness that we experienced. We will continue to be good friends and look forward to seeing you around!
7. After months of careful consideration and self-reflection, I have made the difficult decision to break up with you. Please accept this break-up announcement in the form of a letter as my formal notice of our relationship termination.
8. Please accept my apologies for breaking up with you. We will remain friends and only be good friends. I just want to move on because I know we both deserve better.
9. We’ve made the difficult decision to end our relationship. This has been a joint decision, and we are both committed to an equitable and amicable separation.
10. It’s time to move on. I’m sure you will find somebody else, they are out there somewhere waiting to be found. Anyway, this is just a friendly reminder that you can’t stay in my life forever.
11. A breakup announcement is something that you should always decide on before you break up with someone. It’s important to set the tone for the breakup and make sure you communicate it properly.
12. After careful thought, we have decided to end our relationship. We are truly grateful for all of the love and work that we have put into this relationship, but now feel it is time for each of us to move forward with our lives.
13. After careful consideration, we have decided to end our relationship. We both agree that this is the appropriate course of action. We’ve had a good run together, but it’s time to move on.
14. Dear friends, I’ve decided to end things with my partner. We have different values and goals and disagree on a lot of things. That’s not how I want to build a life together.
15. Hey everyone, it’s been a long time coming, but we have decided to call it quits. It is with a heavy heart that I announce our breakup. The last few years have been wonderful, but now that our business is growing faster than ever and we are finally making some money, it is clear that this is the right decision for both of us and hopefully you will understand why.
16. After much thought and consideration, I have decided to end my relationship with you. It’s nothing personal, I just feel like our relationship isn’t working for me anymore. I want to thank you for all of your support over the years, but at this time it’s best for both of us if we go our separate ways.
17. Thank you for the memories. I will always cherish the time we shared, but it’s time for me to move on. I wish you all the best in life and may you find happiness in whatever path you choose.
18. This is a breakup announcement. You’re probably one of the best things that ever happened to me, but this isn’t working. If you contact me again, it won’t go well.
19. I’m breaking up with you because I think something better might be waiting for me out there. I don’t want to hurt you, but this is just who I am and the way it needs to be.
20. After some long, hard thinking, we’ve decided that it’s best if we go our separate ways. We’ve had a great time together and we want you to know that it wasn’t easy for us to make this decision. We hope you respect it…because there’s not much else to say about the matter.
21. Each of us holds a part of the other inside our hearts. This is why we feel it’s important to give you this announcement as soon as possible. We care about you and want to make sure that everything is clear from the start.
22. We’re sad to announce that we’ve decided to part ways. We remain good friends and will always support each other. We wish you all the best!
23. Our relationship ended over a lack of respect. You didn’t appreciate me enough, weren’t good to me and you were never there when I needed you in the end.
24. We made this announcement because we want to be as transparent and honest with you as possible, and breakups can be messy. You’ve been an important part of the human experience, but we are no longer a match. Perhaps one day down the line when we have grown up a bit more and come to terms with our emotions, we may get back together again in some form or another.
25. Today we had a tough conversation and made the difficult decision to break up. We’re confident that our future is bright, and hope that you will continue to support us as we move on.
26. Hey friends, We’re excited to announce that we’re going out on our own. We’ve always wanted to create a brand that’s designed just for you, and now it’s finally happening!
27. We investigated the pain that would come with this breakup and decided to hold off. We will continue to keep you in our hearts, but we need some time apart.
28. We’re sad to announce that we’ve decided to break up after a lot of thought and discussion. We’ll both be fine and we hope you will continue to support us.
29. We have decided to end our romantic relationship. Our time together has been a source of joy and sweet memories, but we feel it’s time for us both to move on. While we may be no longer a couple, you will always be a special person to us. And we wish you all the best in your future endeavours!
30. We have decided to end our relationship. Although it’s all over, we will always remain friends, and will not be dating other people from now on.
31. We’re sorry to say that our relationship has not worked out. We are no longer together and we will not be actively communicating with each other moving forward. We appreciate your time, patience and understanding as we go through this time.
32. I’ve been trying to end our relationship, but you don’t seem to understand. I can’t go on like this forever, so I’m going to have to make you leave.
33. I’m sorry to say that our relationship has come to an end. We have spent a lot of time together and have been through so much, but despite your best efforts, you weren’t able to make me love you.
34. You may have noticed that I’m uncharacteristically silent these past few days. As you already know, I’ve been having some problems with our relationship. For me, it’s not working anymore. Unfortunately, our relationship has to come to an end. I think we both knew this was coming but I just needed some time to prepare myself mentally before this moment came.
35. This is difficult to do. After years of holding on, I have found that it is no longer possible for us to stay together as a couple. You may feel as if I am saying this to hurt you, but that is not the case. Our problems run deep and have become too much for me to continue trying (to make things work).
36. We’re sad to announce that we’ll be breaking off our relationship with this product. We had a good time together, but we need to move on both of us.
37. Hello, everyone. It’s been an incredible ride, but it’s time to focus on other projects and directions. We want to thank you for the past year and we hope you’ll join us as we move into this new chapter of our life.
38. We’re getting a divorce. We will always be great friends, but we had to consider your future needs and how you deserve to be treated. You mean so much to us and we hope that you can move on with your life, confidently and happily.
39. We announced the news of our breakup in a general manner to make it as easy on everyone as possible. Thank you for your support through this sad time.
40. There are things that I need to let you know. We’ve been together for a long time, but our relationship has gotten stale and boring. I feel like we’re both ready for something new in our lives.
41. We have a difficult announcement to make. We’re splitting apart. We’ve both been feeling this way for quite some time and know that is best for both of us. We know that you loved us as one, but it’s just not working anymore.
42. It has been a long time since we started this relationship and we have grown in different directions. We have tried hard to keep this relationship afloat but it has become increasingly more difficult.
43. You are an amazing person, with a terrific life and an exciting future. We have had amazing moments together, but it’s time for us to both go our separate ways.
44. There comes a time in every relationship when you have to stand up and be honest. And that time is now. We’ve been together for a long time, and we’ve had some great times. But our time has come to an end.
45. It was so nice to see all of you at our breakup party. The break-up was a difficult and painful decision for us, but we wanted to do it the right way and with a celebration. We hope that you will join us in celebrating the love we’ve shared over the years by attending our breakup party.
46. I’ve decided to end my friendship with you. This may come as a shock, but I hope you can understand where this decision comes from. There are many reasons for ending this friendship.
47. We’re splitting up. We want to let you know that after a long period of growing apart, we have decided to separate from each other. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours, career and personal life.
48. It’s with a heavy heart that we announce that we broke up. We were together for 7 years, and our relationship was full of love and passion, but unfortunately, things just didn’t work out. We remain friends, and we appreciate all the memories we made together.
49. After careful consideration, we’ve decided to end our relationship. The choice was not easy, but it is what is best for both of us. Thank you for giving us the chance to find out instead of always assuming the worst of each other. Good luck on your next journey.
50. It’s been a long and beautiful journey together, but we’ve decided to end things. You are and always will be part of me, but our relationship has been under some strain for a little while now.
51. When we decided to break up, it was because we had fallen out of love and things had gotten stale. Both of us still care about each other as people, but we just can’t continue as a couple. We’re not getting back together. Let’s never do this again.
52. I have broken up with you. It is a break we will both get over soon, as I am only leaving my old home behind to find a new one. But I wanted to tell you personally even if there was no need, except that it’s polite and that seems like an important thing right now.
53. We have decided that the best thing for both teams is to go our separate ways. We thank you for your time and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.
54. We have come to a mutual decision that it would be best for both of us if we took a break and moved on to new relationships. We both love each other, but we are going in different directions right now.
55. We’re sad to announce that we will be ending our relationship with you. We have enjoyed your business, but unfortunately, we have to let you go.
56. It’s with a heavy heart that we announce our breakup and subsequent reformation as two separate entities. Please understand that we did all of this because it was best for both of us. We will continue to be friends and supportive of each other.
57. We are announcing today that we have decided to go our separate ways. We want to thank you for having been a part of the journey, and for making us better.
58. We are sad to announce that our relationship of 6 years has come to an end. We appreciate all the love, laughter and shared experiences.
59. The announcement of our breakup comes as a difficult decision, coming from a mutual understanding and respect for one another. While it won’t be easy, it’s for the best for both of us and we hope to remain close friends in the future.
60. You’re probably wondering why I did this. The truth is, it’s not you, it’s me. You deserve someone who can appreciate all that you have to offer, both in and out of the bedroom. You are an amazing person, with a wonderful body and mind, but unfortunately, our relationship just wasn’t working out and that’s something we need to deal with.
61. Dear friends, family and loved ones, we’ve had a wonderful ride for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, we feel we’ve grown apart as a couple and it’s clear that the only way to live fulfilling lives is to go our separate ways. We want you to know that we love you all very much and will remain close friends for years to come.
62. I’m sorry but I can’t imagine myself with anyone else. It’s a story that many people try to make happen, but for us, it isn’t working out. We certainly had great times together and we’re both happy you were in our lives, but it’s time to move on.
63. I want to announce the breakup of myself and you. The relationship has come to a natural end. You are now free to move on in your life without me. It is time to move forward, leaving behind the past and beginning anew with someone better suited to your needs.
64. Hi there! It’s been great, but we’re breaking up. No hard feelings, just a mutual agreement that our relationship is over. We’ll always have good memories and an appreciation for our time together. Thanks for everything!
65. We are sorry to announce that we will be breaking up. The good news is that we both want the best for you and hope that this new development will make your life easier. We are pleased to announce a change in our relationship status—we’ve moved on!
66. Please join us in celebrating the demise of our longstanding relationship. Our time together has been a mutually profitable investment for both parties, however, we have decided to go our separate ways as has been initially agreed upon in our marriage contract.
67. There is no easy way to say it: We are breaking up. The news is disappointing, but your hopes and expectations were not unrealistic. It just wasn’t working out. Still, we want you to know that your money is safe. We will be returning it all in full according to the terms of our agreement.
68. Dear friends, as you know, I have been in a relationship for the past few years. It has been the most amazing time of my life and I have loved every second of it. But unfortunately, we recently had to break up. It took a long time to decide but I am sure now that this is the right decision. I will miss him dearly, but he lives on in my memories – both good and bad – forever!
69. I want you to know that it was not an easy decision for me to break up with you. I loved you a lot, but unfortunately, we’re having problems in our relationship, which seem like they cannot be resolved. I do not want to end things on bad terms between us, so let’s meet one last time next week and talk about it. Yours sincerely.
70. A breakup announcement is a statement which helps to announce the breakup of a relationship or marriage, usually in a letter form. Sometimes an email or text message may also be sent to inform the other person about the breakup.
71. A breakup announcement is a unique way to tell your loved ones about a breakup. It can spice up the party or make people laugh and cry at the same time.
72. Guys, this is the hard part. Sorry, I have to do it over email, but the writing is on the wall and there’s no point pretending otherwise. It’s not you; it’s me. I am ending our relationship because I need to rediscover my career and regain confidence in myself as a single woman. Breakups are never easy, but yours truly would like to thank you for being such an awesome mate.
73. It is with great sadness that we announce the breakup of our marriage. You have brought me nothing but pain and suffering and I feel I can no longer endure it.
74. It is with a heavy heart that I announce we are no longer together. Please know that it was not an easy decision for either of us, but after a lot of thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways. We will be friends always.
75. We’re sad to say that we will be parting ways in a few months. It has been a great year and a half together, but we simply have different goals for the future. We’re still good friends and hope our paths cross again in the future. We want to thank you all for your support in the past few years.
76. It’s time to make a change. We’re sad to say that we’ve decided to break up, but we both feel it is the right decision for us. We wish the best for each other in the future and hope that we can remain friends.
77. We are sad to announce that we will be no longer together. We had some great times, but for the past 3 years at least, our relationship has been more a friendship than a romantic relationship. We have been discussing our romantic unfeasibility for some time and are genuinely sorry to have to end our beautiful “marriage” so suddenly. We wish each other well in our future lives.
78. It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I am breaking up with you. Our relationship has been long and fulfilling, but I just can’t do it anymore. It’s not you, it’s me.
79. We’ve decided to split up after a long and happy relationship. We are passing our collection of wonderful memories on to you for your enjoyment. May they bring you many hours of happiness in the years to come. Thank you.
80. We’re breaking up. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but we can no longer do this anymore. Maybe it’s a result of our busy lives, or maybe it’s just that we need some time apart. Whatever the reason is, it doesn’t matter anymore.
81. Our relationship has ended. The breakup is 100% mutual, and we have come to this decision after giving it lots of thought. We will remain friends and in each other’s lives as we have for the past 7 months.”
82. After careful consideration, we’ve decided to end our relationship. We’ve both made mistakes and said things we shouldn’t have. We don’t want to hurt each other anymore, so it’s time for us to move on.
83. We keep trying to make things work but how long can we put off the inevitable? This breakup has been on the horizon for quite some time and it feels like now is as good a time as any to do it. You deserve better than this so please don’t blame yourself for loving me when I knew all along I didn’t want you that way.
84. Perhaps you and your significant other are at a standstill in your relationship. Perhaps you aren’t even sure what to do, or perhaps you’re just scared of being alone. Maybe it’s time to consider a breakup announcement that doesn’t pull any punches, but instead leaves no room for misunderstanding from either party.
85. I’ve decided to break up with you. You were my first love, and I thought we’d be together forever. But as time went on, it became clear to me that we just weren’t meant to be together. Please don’t cry. I don’t want to feel guilty about it anymore; I need closure from this relationship so that I can move on with my life.
86. We’re going our separate ways. I can’t tell you how deeply disappointed I am with the recent developments in your relationship with me. You say I’m too needy, but my friends say that you’re only with me for companionship and my financial stability. You blame me for relying on you so much, but what about all those times you refused to go out or have a life of your own?
87. Dear friends, we’ve decided to end things. We know this comes as a shock, but we’ve decided that we’re no longer happy together. We realize that this is a difficult step to take and you’ll all be feeling many different emotions over the coming weeks.
88. It’s hard to tell you that I’m leaving, but I hope you understand it’s for the best. We’ve had some great times together, and it breaks my heart to let it go. But we’ve grown apart and there is no going back from here.
89. To everyone who thought we were a perfect match, I regretfully have to announce that we’ve decided to break off our engagement. I apologize for any problems this may cause and promise to refund all deposits.
90. It was great while it lasted, but unfortunately, things didn’t work out. This is the hard part—it never is easy to say goodbye …
91. We’re sad to announce that we will no longer be dating. Thank you for all of your support these past few years, and know that we’ll both be working hard to make the breakup as friendly as possible.
92. Breakups are hard. They often involve tears and, in some cases, long-term pain. But if it’s time for you to end your relationship, you need to make a clean break.
93. We made a promise to be with each other for better or worse. The bad times are here, and unfortunately, we don’t want to stick around any longer. It’s time to let go.
94. It is with a heavy heart that I announce the end of our relationship. You are a good person and will find love again, I am sure of it. Good luck in all your future endeavours, and goodbye.
95. Dear friends, I wanted to let you know that our relationship has been over for a long time and it’s only become clear to me recently. Unfortunately, I can no longer let this go on. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you.
96. I’m not sure if this is a breakup announcement or an engagement announcement. I guess it doesn’t matter because in both cases, the relationship has ended.
97. We are announcing that we have broken up, or “broken off the engagement” in other words. The reason for this is not due to any fundamental incompatibility between us, but merely because of the overwhelming existence of our mutual best friend who has made things very difficult for us.
98. We were two people that should have never been together. Now it’s time to move on and end this relationship. The best way to do that is by breaking up.
99. Dear Social Media Friends, We have decided to break up because we both have different lives now. We will no longer be posting together on social media sites. Please enjoy our photos in the albums that follow this announcement and continue to engage with our accounts! Thanks as always for your support!
100. I’m sorry, I know this may be a surprise to you, but I can no longer continue seeing you. It is not that I do not like you anymore, but that I do not love you anymore. Maybe in the future we will meet and fall in love again; however, at this time it just is not working out and we need to move on with our lives.
101. Dear friends and family, We regret to inform you that we have decided to separate. We think it’s best if we end things now to maintain our integrity and happiness, but please know how much we value your love and support. Please excuse us while we take this time to heal and reflect.
102. We have made the difficult decision to end our relationship. This is not a decision we came to easily, but after considerable thought and discussion, we have agreed that it is the right thing for both of us. We will miss working together very much and wish you all the best in the future.
Hello there! I hope that the collection of breakup announcement quotes makes it easy for you to move on. Please do well to drop your comment and share the post with others. Thanks.