Breaking up with someone involves a lot of different factors — how you feel about the breakup, how your partner feels about it and how long you’ve been together. Breaking up with someone you’ve been dating for a long time can be especially difficult because you may have shared many experiences that you’ll miss when they’re gone. Whatever your reasons for breaking up with someone, it’s important to approach the situation with sensitivity and understanding.
Telling your partner that you want a breakup can be one of the most difficult conversations you’ll ever have. You probably don’t want to, but you need to tell your partner that it’s over. It’s important to remember that this isn’t about who’s right or wrong, whose fault it is — and it’s not about blame. It’s about facing reality and moving on with your life in a way that makes sense for both of you.
If you’re wondering how to tell someone that you don’t want to be with them anymore, it’s probably because you are hoping for a positive outcome. You want them to understand and be okay with it. You want them to stop crying, stop begging you not to go, stop asking what they did wrong and just let you go.
While telling them, you must be gentle. Don’t let your emotions get the better of you, and don’t give them an excuse to either. A gentle approach makes it easier for your partner to accept that things aren’t working out between you two, so they won’t feel like they’re being attacked or forced out through a window.
Below is a collection of let’s break up quotes that will make it easier for you to break the news and express yourself freely to your partner.
Let’s Break up Quotes
Let’s break up. I love you but we can’t be together any longer. I didn’t want to tell you this but it’s been tearing me apart for a while now. I need some time away from you so that I can find myself again and so that I can find someone better suited to the real me. I’m sorry.
1. Let’s break up because the relationship wasn’t working out. Our conversations ceased to be interesting. And when I look at you, I feel like a prisoner in a dungeon and want to run away. Let’s break up!
2. We’ve been living together for several years and I think it’s time we broke up. I’m not going to be using this anymore, please send me a bill.
3. Let’s be honest: we both know this relationship isn’t working. You pretend it is, but something’s not right. For me, this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do…I want you to be happy always. So let’s break up.
4. Let’s break up. I don’t like you anymore. I want to be free for another relationship, so we should part ways.
5. Let’s break up. You don’t make me happy anymore. I’ve been unhappy for a long time now. You should leave the relationship with no regrets and get on with your life so you can be with someone who makes you happy again.
6. Let’s break up. When I say so it will be the end of our story, but the beginning of another. A new chapter in your life. If you choose to not let me go, I’ll do my best to make you happy. But my happiness is elsewhere.
7. Let’s break up, please. You’re making me unhappy, and I can see that if we keep going down this road, you won’t stop until you have taken over my life and ruined it. So I just don’t think this relationship is working out.
8. There’s no need for us to spend time together anymore. You don’t care about me the way I care about you, and I don’t see how it could ever change. So this is goodbye.
9. We’re constantly growing and evolving, and so is the way we buy things. We want it all, and we want it now. That’s why we’ve decided to end this relationship.
10. We’ve been through a lot together and I hope that one day our paths will cross again. I wish you the best, but I think it’s time for us to go our separate ways. Let’s break up.
11. Let’s break up. After being together for six years, my feelings have changed. I’m no longer in love with you and don’t see this relationship working out. I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me and us, but it’s time we move on with our lives.
12. Let’s break up. We have so many wonderful things in common but at the end of the day, our love just isn’t going to last. I’m sorry to be so abrupt, but I think it’s best we go now before it’s too late. Thanks for everything and have a lovely life.
13. We’ve been together for a while now and I feel like we’re just going through the motions. I think it’s time for us to break up.
14. I want to break up because since we started hanging out all I’ve been doing is talking about you and thinking about you and it feels like there’s nothing else. When we’re together, I lose sight of myself. Everything about us feels fake, like a movie or a book or something. So let’s not make this as hard on ourselves as we have been. Let’s just break up.
15. This is probably going to make me look like an idiot and you’re gonna hate me, but we should just break up. As much as I love you and enjoy the time we spend together.
16. The time has come. We have to admit that we’re not right for each other, and since this relationship is only causing us pain, we’re going our separate ways.
17. Let’s break up. Now that we know what love is and how it feels, we should both move on to someone else. This has become an unhealthy relationship and should end now so we can find our real selves again.
18. I love you, but I cannot be with you. Your presence pains me. You are beautiful, smart, and successful, but you haven’t made me happy. For several months now, I have been thinking about ending our relationship. Let’s break up!
19. I never meant to hurt you. That was never my intention. I know what I want and need in my life, and it’s not you. We’ve been stuck for a long time now, and it’s time to let go. This isn’t easy for me, but I refuse to keep pretending that things are okay when they’re not okay. Please let’s break up.
20. It’s time to break up. I think we both know that things haven’t been working out between us for a while now. We’ve grown apart and our lives have headed in different directions. Let’s end this before it gets any more painful.
21. We both know this isn’t working. You like the thrill of dating, but you don’t want the long-term commitment. And I’m looking for something permanent. But above all else, we’re not what we claim to be. We’re not soulmates; we’re cellmates. Let’s break up once and for all.
22. Let’s break up. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this earlier, but it’s time for both of us to start leading our lives. Don’t worry – you will be okay. I know that you don’t feel as strong and free as you were before we got together, but soon enough you will be able to find true happiness in your life again. There are lots of fish in the sea and they are all much better than me, so be brave and swim around until you find one.
23. Let’s break up. We’ve been together for a long time, and I think the best thing for us to do is move on from this relationship.
24. Let’s break up. It’s not you, it’s me. I’m just not ready for the commitment that a long-term relationship requires and I don’t think we are a good match any longer. It might seem sudden, but I think breaking up now is the best thing for both of us.
25. We’ve been together for a long time and you know that I love you very much. But I think it’s time to go our separate ways now.
26. I am very sorry to say this, but I think we wasted our time together. It is never easy to end a relationship, but I think that it is better for both of us if we move on.
27. This is a great time for us to take a break. You’re an incredible person, and I love you, but I’d like to explore other options for dating right now. All the best to you in the future.
28. Are we going in circles, or what? We’ve been together for a while now, and we both know that things aren’t as great as they used to be. I think it’s best if we take a break and see other people.
29. This is a very hard thing for me to say but I think we should end things. You are a great person, but I am not the guy for you. Take this time to figure out what’s best for you and I hope everything will be alright.
30. We have been dating for many years and I have enjoyed every moment of it. But now that we both have made more time for each other, we realize that our interests aren’t aligned anymore and that we should end this relationship. I am so sorry about this, but there is no way back anymore.
31. Our relationship has run its course and I know for both of us it’s time to move on. It’s been a great ride but we are tired of all the fighting and now it’s time to end this charade so we can go our separate ways and make better lives for ourselves.
32. I want to end this relationship, so we can both be happy. I know it’s not fun to hear this from me, but you deserve to find someone better than me. You’re not going to find a better person than me, but I’m sure you’ll move on with your life and have an amazing time. Good luck!
33. Let’s break up. You know how much I love you and how long we have tried to make this work. But it is time to face the truth. Our relationship is not what it once was. In the beginning, we had so much in common. We loved sharing our experiences and learning from each other’s points of view. I enjoyed being able to share my life with you and open up to you in ways that felt comfortable.
34. You were the one who made me cry: I would always get the cold shoulder and no hugs, kisses or compliments. And then there was that time we went hiking in the mountains and you tried to kill me. Let’s just break up!
35. I want to break up with you. I’m sorry but there is a reason why people stay together and I just don’t think it’s going to work out.
36. It’s hard for me to say this, but I think we need to break up. We’ve been having a lot of problems lately and it seems like it’s only going to get worse.
37. Let’s break up. We don’t want to get married, you’re not the person that I thought you were and I don’t like the way that our relationship is going.
38. I can’t be your girlfriend anymore because I don’t want to hurt you and I can’t be the person for you anymore. We had a lot of fun together and I appreciated everything that you did for me, but now we need to split.
39. I’ll be honest with you and I don’t want to get into a fight, but things aren’t right. I know you don’t want to break up and you think everything will be okay eventually, but it won’t. We are in different phases of our lives and I’m not sure where we are going anymore. Let’s face it, we’re just not compatible. You have been involved with someone else, which doesn’t help either. We are breaking up!
40. You and I are done. Let’s stop beating around the bush and just come out with what we’re both thinking, which is that this relationship isn’t working. It’s not you, it’s me. The time has come to finally say goodbye.
41. The time has come. We have nothing in common, you’re not like me and I am not like you. We are completely different people. Let’s break up so we can explore other opportunities.
42. Our relationship has become comfortable, predictable and even convenient. But that’s not how love should make you feel. Don’t settle for a life without passion. We can still be good friends – but only if we both admit that we need to move on.
43. Let’s break up. The relationship isn’t working for me anymore and I know this will be hard on both of us, but it’s for the best that we break up now.
44. We are going to break up. We can’t keep doing this to each other and expect it to get better. That being said, I don’t think we should do this on the phone. We need to see each other in person and talk about it.
45. To be honest, I don’t think you are the right one for me. I’d like to break up because things have turned sour between us and we’ve lost the love that once made our relationship beautiful. You were my first love and will always have a special place in my heart, but we need to move on with our lives.
46. We are going to break up. It hurts us as much to say it as it does for you to hear it. We are no longer in love with each other and we both will be happier if we separate. We wish each other well and hope that our paths cross again someday, but there can be no regrets or bitterness over this decision.
47. As much as I’d like to keep you around, we both know it’s been a while. We haven’t been happy for a long time. Let’s put this relationship behind us and move on with our lives.
48. If you read these words of mine and immediately feel the urge to break up, that’s okay. I’ve decided it’s better to end a relationship than to slowly damage each other over time. Indeed, my heart is already broken and yours will be too because we were in love but deep down I know that the best thing for us is to go our separate ways.
49. I want to be with someone who wants to be with me. Someone willing to work through our problems and fights. Someone who respects my relationship boundaries and knows when I need space. I want the things that we once had, but something has changed between us, and it’s not fixable.
50. Let’s break up because our relationship has become unsafe and abusive. You have been threatening to destroy my property, family and reputation. I’m afraid for the safety of myself and my children. This is a difficult decision to make so please try not to be too upset with me.
51. So you want to be free, so let’s break up. I can’t promise that when you wake up tomorrow you won’t regret this, but I’m sure as hell not going to stick around and watch you make a fool out of yourself.
52. Everybody knows that break-ups are hard. But here’s the real truth: break-ups are harder when you’re considered one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
53. I don’t want to break up with you. I just want us to be on the same page with where we’re at in our relationship and what we need from each other. Just because it didn’t work out for us, doesn’t mean that it won’t work out for someone else. There are a lot of great guys out there. I hope that you find one who can inspire you to be the best version of yourself, and cherish the things that make you happy
54. Most couples, even happily married ones, experience some sort of sadness when a relationship ends. But people who break up with their significant others usually feel relief that they can start fresh with fresh eyes and a clean slate.
55. It’s time we go our separate ways. Let’s break up. It’s been a good run and you’ve done some great things for me over the years but the time has come for us to go our separate ways.
56. Let’s break up. I’ll do my best to make it easy on you. I have a lot of respect for your opinion, so hear me out first. It’s hard for me to believe that we are no longer compatible. You’ve been a good friend and I will always think fondly of you, but I wasted enough time trying to keep our relationship alive. You’re free now, so go out there and find someone who makes you happy.
57. We have been in a relationship for 5 years and it is time we both move on. I have enjoyed your company and hope you will be happy with the next relationship you find, as I will with the one I eventually pursue. Thank you for all the memories, thank you for all of your support in my career, but most importantly thank you for being a great friend first and foremost through this long journey.
58. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time now. I wanted to try and make it work but it’s just not working out for me anymore. I’m sorry, but I need to be alone for a while.
Stress Let’s Break up Quotes
Stress, let’s break up. We had a beautiful relationship but nothing has been working for us for a long time. I’m tired of worrying about everything and everyone all the time. You’re always trying to keep me from doing what I want to do. It’s too much work and we need to split up now before things get worse.
59. Stress is a game-changer. It can make you sick, it can mess up your sleep and it can change your relationships. Break up stress and replace it with peace, energy and happiness.
60. Stress, let’s break up. I know we’ve had our good times, but recently you’ve become a burden in my life. You want more from me than I can give at this time and place. Sometimes we need to part ways so that we can both grow into the people each of us can be.
61. Stress, let’s break up. I’m tired of the incessant ringing in my ears and all of your issues. We both know there are much better things to do than let you ruin my day or have a nervous breakdown over why you caused me so much stress. If you need to vent and rant, I understand.
62. Stress and your mind have become too close. It’s time to break up. Stress is the number one burden to our physical and mental health, causing everything from weight gain to heart disease, anxiety and depression. The good news is that you can break up with stress.
63. When you feel stressed out and can’t get enough sleep, there’s no prescription in the world that will help. You have to take matters into your hands with a mindfulness practice and an attitude shift.
64. Stress, we need to talk. You’re a constant source of worry and anxiety. We can’t do this anymore. Just face it: We’re not going to work out. So goodbye, stress.
65. Stress, I’ve had it with you. Let’s break up. You’re all-consuming, you’re obsessive and you’re controlling. We deserve better than that.
66. Hey, stress. You were fun, and we had some great times, but it’s time for me to move on. This isn’t a breakup but rather a new chapter in my life.
67. Sometimes we can be at odds with our relationship with stress. Letting go of what is holding you back will allow you to move forward in your life and prevent the negative effects of stress from having a hold on you. Stress, let’s break up.
68. I’m done with stress. We had some fun times, but, in the end, you weren’t good for me and I don’t want to go down that road anymore. Goodbye stress!
69. Stress is toxic. It will damage your heart, your mind and everything else. If you’re not careful it can lead to serious health issues and even death. You can avoid this fate by breaking up with stress for good.
70. Stress and I are ending our relationship. It’s not you, it’s me. You always get in the way of my new job, my baby, my friends and my family. It seems like I’m always thinking about you and what happened to us last time. We need some space to do other things that we love.
71. Sometimes, you may find yourself in one too many situations that bring on more stress than a healthy amount. To relieve stress—and avoid becoming an addict—it’s important to break up with stress.
72. Stress, let’s break up. You’ve been my constant companion, but it’s time to say goodbye. I appreciate all you’ve done for me, but it’s time to move on. You have a hold over me during times of stress and chaos, but now there are other ways to cope.
73. Stress, let’s break up. No one benefits from this relationship (not you, not me), so we should stop seeing each other.
74. Stress, let’s break up. You’re taking too much of my time, money and effort. You’ve left me with no energy, motivation or belief in myself. I’m exhausted by you.
75. Stress, I’ve had enough. You’re awesome at making me feel anxious, depressed and angry. And I am awesome at feeling those feelings because that’s what you do — but it’s time to go our separate ways.
76. It shouldn’t be this hard. Stress, let’s break up. Because the sooner we do it, the sooner I can start living my best life.
77. Hey stress, we need to talk. You’re not fun anymore. Here’s the deal, I’ve been with you for years now and things seem to keep getting worse! You used to be a friend and now you’re just so negative all the time. I don’t even want to see your ugly face anymore.
78. Stress, let’s break up. You are bringing me down. Several studies have shown that stress is not good for the soul. The good news is that I am breaking up with you.
79. Stress, I’ve had enough of you and your effects on my body. You’re wrecking my skin, making me sick and tired, taking too many days off work and giving me a never-ending headache.
80. Stress, we have to break up. You’re causing more of a problem than you’re solving. And I’m sick of your passive-aggressive ways.
81. Stress, it’s time we break up. You are the worst boyfriend and we deserve better. There’s no need to be hasty; after all, we had some good times together. Staying a little longer won’t hurt… but now’s the time to let go.
82. Stress, you’ve broken me. I can’t be with you anymore. You’ve taken over my life, and I won’t let you do it anymore. I’m breaking up with you.
83. Stress, let’s break up. You’ve been on my mind for the past few months and I think it’s time for us to part ways. It’s not you, it’s me.
84. Stress, it’s not me, it’s you. I enjoyed our time together, but I feel like something has changed. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved every single one of our fights and have enjoyed every second spent worrying about tomorrow. But something is off with us now, and for the first time in a long time, I feel at peace and ready for new beginnings.
85. We’ve had fun, but I’m ready to move on. It’s been great being together, but stress is starting to bring out the worst in me and our relationship has gone stale.
86. Stress, let’s break up. You’re bad for my health, and I’m tired of sacrificing my happiness for your benefit. We could spend our whole lives together, but if we were meant to be forever I would have felt that connection from the beginning. As it is, you’ve been holding back my growth and keeping me stuck in a place I don’t want to be.
87. Break up with stress! Stress will not be a cause of your health problems. You don’t need to wait until it shows its symptoms, you can break up first by reducing the body’s response to stress.
88. Let’s break up, stress. Our relationship is no longer working. You’re draining: I only have so much time and energy to put out in the world each day, and you are taking up way too much of it. You took up all of my attention, love and care when we were together and now that we’ve gone our separate ways I can barely find space for myself anymore. No more sleepless nights, anxiety attacks, nervous ticks or panic tears. This is possible because I’ve been able to start loving myself again as soon as we broke up.
89. I’m breaking up with you, stress. You’ve become toxic in my life and it’s taking a toll on me. I no longer see us having a future together, and for that reason, I have to let you go.
90. Stress, we are breaking up. It’s not you, it’s me. I no longer need to be an expert on your moods, get my heart racing and tear me down. You have taken over my life and I want both of us to be free. You are keeping me away from true happiness and the people who love me.
91. You can’t deny it anymore: Stress is stealing your life. You want to leave, but there’s a lot of stuff keeping you together — your house, car and bank account. This breakup’s going to hurt a lot, but maybe you’ll finally have time to spend doing what matters most.
92. Stress, you and I have had a good run. But I think it’s time to part ways. You never let me sleep, you make my work life miserable, and you’ve ruined my weekends. There were happy times between us—times when we laughed together, or perhaps even cried together—but now those days are gone. You’ve become a burden I cannot endure any longer.
93. You’ve been with me for a long time now. And I know we’ve had some hard times, but enough is enough. It’s over between us: I want a new life.
94. Stress, we have to break up. You’re ruining my life and I can no longer spend another minute with you.
95. You’re stressed, and it sucks. Way too much time, money and energy are wasted on dealing with stress that can be eliminated. It’s time to break up with your stress.
96. Stress, we need to talk. We’ve been together for a while now and I feel like this relationship is holding me back in life. I need to focus harder on my happiness and well-being — not just yours.
97. Stress, let’s break up. I don’t know what you’re doing to me, but something has got to give. You’ve been ruining my life, so today is the day that we part ways.
98. Stress and I were together for a long time. It was easy to love because it did the work of keeping me on track, without having to think about what I wanted out of life. But sometimes you need a new way forward, and my relationship with stress just wasn’t working anymore. It had become a burden that I was ready to let go of, even if it felt scary at first.
99. Stress, let’s break up. You’ve been bad to me and I have to show you the door. As of today, I’m letting you go.
100. Stress, we are breaking up. I’ve had enough of you. Your mind games won’t work with me anymore. Do you know who’s to blame for your game being played out of hand? Well, it’s not me it’s you! If you want friends just try making them instead of borrowing them from me and then breaking their hearts when you dump them in rejection.
101. When it comes to stress, I don’t mess around. So, my relationship with stress is ending today. To the ghost of stress past and present, I say, “Have a nice life!”
102. Stress and I have been together for way too long. We are over. I don’t want to see you anymore. Stress, it’s time for us both to move on.
103. Stress is not your friend. Stress holds us back from reaching our full potential in this world. It keeps us from doing the things we love and it makes us worry more often than necessary. But there’s a way out of this stressful relationship, and it’s not going to be easy. It takes courage, self-love, patience and a willingness to say goodbye.
Hello there! Thank you for checking out the collection of let’s breakup quotes up there. Please don’t forget to leave a comment and share it with others, if you enjoyed it.