A breakup can be devastating. For some, it is a natural process that helps them move on to a better place in their lives. For others, it is a life-altering event that can take months or years to recover from.
If you are a friend of someone who has recently gone through a breakup, there are many ways that you can help them through this difficult time. One way is by using breakup quotes as consolation and support.
Breakup quotes to help a friend are great because they provide wisdom and advice without being pushy or preachy about what the person should do next in their life. Help your friend get through heartbreak with some of these breakup quotes to help a friend.
Breakup Quotes to Help a Friend
If you’re going through a breakup, don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s normal to feel down for a while and think about what went wrong or how things could have been different. But if you keep dwelling in the past, it won’t help anyone move on.
1. A breakup is never easy. But sometimes, we’re better off without someone who would rather be with someone else.
2. Sometimes, it’s better to cut ties with people who can’t decide where they stand with you instead of dragging it on for a year.
3. Breakups are hard, but you can get through them. Breakups are a shitty thing to deal with, but you can get past that shit too. You’re stronger than you think, so go ahead and grow up already.
4. Some people will always leave. Others will never choose to stay. Take heart, friend!
5. It’s not you. It’s her. And it may not be the end of your world.
6. Through the breakup, you’ll still be friends. You can’t be together anymore.
7. Breakups are hard. But they can be good too. You’ll be glad you did it when you see how good you can feel.
8. Breakups are the best thing that ever happened to you. It’s time to move on and make it happen.
9. It’s normal to feel down after a breakup. But spending too much time thinking about what happened and what went wrong in your relationship could make it difficult to move on.
10. Every breakup is a challenge, but it doesn’t mean life will end. So move on and join the thousands of happy users already living-proof!
11. When one door closes, another opens. Don’t brood over what could have been-you’ll just be wasting energy on something that can’t be changed and hurting yourself in the process. Allowing this breakup to overshadow your life will make it difficult to move on and find happiness again.
12. When a door closes, it opens the way to many more. Don’t brood over your relationship. It’s time to move on.
13. Move on. There are other great people to meet; you won’t get over this breakup by constantly thinking about it.
14. You’ve been dumped, and it’s time to deal with it. Accept that it’s over and move on. It’s the only way you’ll get out of this funk.
15. Although we didn’t end things on a positive note, I am still glad for the time we spent together. You gave me a lot of good memories.
16. People come into our life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. So when it isn’t working out, let it go and cherish all those beautiful memories you shared. If we truly love someone, we set them free to fly.
17. You deserve to be happy, and I hope you find love again someday.
18. Someone out there can make you happier than she ever could. Give it some time and start over (sooner, if possible).
19. If you’re in a crappy relationship, this is the time to make a change. Don’t dwell on it or let it define who you are—move forward with your life and be happy. Live your dreams!
20. It’s been real. You’re an important part of his past, but it’s time to move forward without him.
21. If you truly love someone, you must be willing to let them go.
22. Don’t try to win him back; just let him go.
23. You need to stop trying to win him back. It’s over!
24. Listen, I know you want to win him back. You probably feel you didn’t do anything wrong, but even if that’s true, it’s a lost cause. Give him some space. If he cares about you, he’ll return when the time is right.
25. If you love him, then let him go. He’ll be back.
26. He is not worth it. Find someone who will treat you with love and respect. We wish you the best!
27. It’s never too late to change your mind. It’s never too late to start again. It’s never too late to fall apart, love, or fill in the fresh air. And it’s never too early to unpack again and start over.
28. The last time you tried to change your life, the world didn’t end. Now’s your chance to try another way.
29. Your breakup was my wake-up call. Now I know what’s important in life. So, no matter how bad it gets, stick with it, and remember that breakups don’t last forever.
30. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a breakup. There will be many more after this one. Breakups are never easy, but they are always survivable. You will get through this.
31. It hurts and is hard, but you will get through this. You will get through this breakup. And you will be better than ever. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a breakup.
32. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a breakup. Everything will be alright soon. Breakups are never easy, but you’ll survive.
33. This breakup is bad. You will feel sad. You might even cry. And then you will get over it.
34. It’s hard when your heart gets broken, but time will heal your wounds. You need to be strong enough to pick yourself up and move on. Trust us. We’ve been there before. After all, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just a breakup.
35. It’s hard when your heart gets broken, but time will heal your wounds. Just be strong and pick yourself up and move on. We know, we’ve been there before. Trust us; It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a breakup.
36. It’s the end. It feels like hell, but we promise you’ll get over it eventually. You don’t need to be such a loser about this. You think you do, but you don’t.
37. Hey, it’s not your fault. It happens to the best of us. Everyone goes through a breakup at one point or another. The best thing you can do is follow our experts’ advice and take care of yourself during this difficult time.
38. When you break up, get out of town. Go to North Fork for a full week of relaxation. We know how hard it is to lose your partner, but don’t let anyone see your emotions. Be strong for yourself and others. Remember that things are never permanent. You’ll find love again someday!
39. It’s not easy when you break up. But I always get back on my feet and am happy again soon. Don’t let this setback stop your life!
40. Sometimes, the best way to move forward is to find a new perspective. Don’t forget that this breakup will get easier — with time.
41. Your heart is breaking, but here are some words of advice: Never give up. Keep hanging in there because the good days are coming soon. And just maybe, one day you’ll find it in your heart to let her know that things weren’t as bad as she thinks.
42. The good days will come back. People always say that, and I hope it’s true for both of you. Good luck and I’m here for you if you need anything: a shoulder to cry on, a hug when she breaks your heart again, or an apology.
43. Your heart is still hurting from the breakup. There’s no way that she could feel as bad as you do. You’re not going to try to get her back because it would be too embarrassing if she said no. And besides, you know what? The best way to get her back is to disconnect yourself completely. Time heals all wounds, and this one will go away just like all those others.
44. You will never be alone when you’re with yourself.
45. Even though you’re leaving, there is no need to feel alone. You may be losing a lover, but you will always have yourself.
46. Life is full of moments; some pass by quickly, and others take their time. It is our challenge to make the most of them.
47. Everyone has a shelf life. When you burn out, it’s time to let go. But remember that every day of your life is a chance to start anew.
48. When you fall out of love, you won’t always get what you want. But that doesn’t mean you should surrender to the fact that you’ve burned out all the passion in your relationship. There are ways to reignite the flame.
49. It is time to move on. No matter what the future holds, you have to keep moving forward. There is no going back.
50. Even the most promising relationship and perfect love have an expiry date. It’s just the way things are. You got to get over it.
51. Breakups are hard. They’re not always easy to get out of, but they’re always worth it.
52. You’re not alone. There are tons of people hurting their broken hearts. Remember that it’s okay to let yourself feel sad and to cry about something you don’t want to happen.
53. Breakups are hard, but you’ve got to find time to smile and know that they’ll always be there in the long run.
54. It’s hard to break up with someone, but it’s even harder when everybody around you is sure it’s for good.
55. Sometimes, the best way to survive a breakup is to keep going and let the other person go.
56. Sometimes, the best way to survive a breakup is to make a smooth recovery.
57. Putting your feelings into words can help you understand them better and communicate with an ex healthily.
58. You’re not alone. It’s going to be okay. The good news is you get a second chance at finding true love.
59. You got through the worst. Get back on that horse and find your Mr Right.
60. There will be many more first dates in your future, but that doesn’t mean you have to feel like it’s your first.
61. Look, you’re going to screw up. We all do. What matters most is how we come out on the other side. Take a deep breath and dive back in.
62. Everyone makes mistakes. All you can do is be more mindful and make better choices.
63. A breakup can be difficult, but we learn a lot about ourselves through the process and can grow into stronger people.
64. A breakup can be difficult, but through the process, we learn that there are people who love us and want only good things for us.
65. Breakups are painful, but they always lead to new beginnings. Moving on is not easy, but it will make you a better person.
66. Breakups are hard, but they can be a blessing in disguise. Recognizing key lessons can turn a breakup into a positive experience.
67. Although this may be the most difficult thing you’ll ever need to do, take heart in knowing that people come out on the other side of this with more clarity and positivity than they had before. It was your trials that got you to where you are now.
68. We’re here for you, we’ve been through it all. Breakups can be hard, but you’re stronger than you think, and you’ll get through this!
69. You’re not alone. Breakups can hit hard, but you’ll get through this. I promise.
70. You’ll get through this. We’re here for you. You’re stronger than you think.
71. We understand everything you’re going through. We’ve been through it, too, and we’re here for you!
72. Hang in there, you’re a fighter. You’ll come out on the other side and be better off than before.
73. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now. I remember how devastating it was for me a few years ago.
74. Feeling sad is okay; you’ll get through it. You can always make someone happy again. The world is a beautiful place, and there are so many amazing people still out there who are waiting for you to reach out and make them smile
75. I am here for you, girl. I know the world is ending, and you have no idea what to do. But I promise one day you’ll look back and see this time was worth it.
76. You will always be one of my best friends, even if things don’t work out. We’ll always have each other to fall back on, and that’s the most important part.
77. I know it’s hard, and you probably feel really sad. But it’ll be okay if you stay positive and keep moving forward in a couple of weeks.
78. When you are with someone who knows your heart and mind better than anyone else. When you feel most secure with someone, it can be hard to let go of that feeling. What you see in them is wonderful but may not last forever. Don’t put your happiness on hold.
79. Life is too short to be sad. Hug your friends like they’re family because they are.
80. Our hearts are open to those around us, but we can’t offer the same to anyone else. Be kind and be honest with yourself first.
81. It’s never too late to pick up the pieces and start again.
82. When feeling down, smile and know that everyone sometimes feels sad, at least once. Also, remember that friends are there to help you get through your breakups. Just take a second to think about how cool you two were together and hold onto that image.
83. When a relationship ends, it can feel like your heart is ripped out and stomped on. But your friend will know you’ll bounce back even stronger than before.
84. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I know the feeling of being brokenhearted and struggling to figure out what to do next. But if there is anything I can do, please let me know. It’s hard to be alone, but don’t forget some people care about you and want you around.
85. When your friend needs a hand, hug them. When they need a shoulder to cry on, hold them close. When it’s hard to find words of support, write out your love and send it by email.
86. When you feel like your broken heart is too heavy to carry, remember this. You are never alone.
87. Shower your girlfriend with compliments and kind words. This will put you on the right track.
88. Lost in sadness, remember that we all go through the same things and come out on the other side.
89. It’s harder to say goodbye than do it. You will always have a special place in my heart.
90. Don’t worry about the world ending; it’s already happened. Worry about your own life, and make it good.
91. My heart is broken. I know this is the end of our relationship, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you. I love you, always and forever.
92. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and forget that you’re friends. But even the best relationships can fall apart when you start acting like strangers. Stay close, even if it feels awkward at first.
93. I know that breaking up is hard, but it’s not always the end of long-term relationships. Sometimes the best thing to do is to move on and find someone new.
94. I know this has been a hard time for us. We have been together for so long, and your leaving for a happier life will be good for you. However, we can remain friends. I know it’s not too much to ask.
95. My friend, your relationship is toxic. You could regret it in a few years if you don’t call it off soon. There is plenty of fish in the sea so you might check out the alternatives.
96. We understand that you may have to hold a party one day, but this would be so much easier if you knew the right types of cups to choose from.
97. I know you don’t think you can do it, but I can help you find a way through this.
98. You’re going to be sad, but you’re not alone. Hundreds of thousands of people have been there before. You can do it.
99. Breakups suck, But they’re a part of life, especially when figuring out who you are and what you want.
100. Breakups are difficult, but if you need a friend to talk to or rant to – someone who will be there for you and not judge – hit us up.
101. It’s hard to handle, but breakups are a normal part of life. It isn’t fun, but we’re here to help if you’re heartbroken.
102. We know it’s tough to go through a breakup, which is why we want to help.
103. If you’re going through a breakup, you’re not alone. We’re here to help you keep your head up and get through.
104. During life’s most defining moments, you’ll find the support and understanding of those who love and care about you.
105. We are here to help you find your way. We’ll be here for you and won’t leave until everything is clear. Recommendations about Wall Street jobs, fields, countries and more.
106. Hey friend, I know it’s hard to watch a loved one go, but remember that life goes on, and you’ll be alright.
107. Hey friend, I’m here to tell you that life goes on, and though it may not seem like it now, you’ll be just fine.
108. Hey, buddy. It’s hit you hard, but rest assured that the world will go on around you, and there are some things you can do to ensure your ship gets righted.
109. When you’re through crying, you’re through. There’s no use living in the past; you must learn to live in the present and make the future your own.
110. What’s done is done. The past cannot be changed, but you can change the future. Move on, find closure, and make the most of the present.
111. Look, the only thing that will help is time. And lots of it. So try to relax and get on with your life as best. After all, if he/she cared, they wouldn’t have left you in the first place.
112. It’s sad to break up with someone who’s been in your life for so long, but there comes a time when you have to be strong and move on. Life is too short to be living with regrets. Learn from what you’ve had and make the most of what you’ve got.
113. Now that you are excited about your future, it’s time to move on and embrace each day of your life.
114. Although I would love to be able to bring back my loved ones, I understand that this is not possible. What is possible is learning from the mistakes of the past and applying their lessons in our daily lives.
115. When you’re in love, you want the person you want to be. But when you break up, the real truth comes out.
116. When it doesn’t work out, you may want to pretend that it was good and go back to being friends. But the truth is that it’s much better to realize that they were not the person you like so that you can go on with your life.
117. If it doesn’t work out, it’s a blessing in disguise. You’ll meet someone better.
118. The most important thing to remember when you’re going through a breakup is that it will get better. And if it doesn’t, that’s okay, too—because there’s always next time.
119. Breakups are sad, and it’s okay to be sad. They’re hard, and that’s okay, too! You’ll be fine. I promise.
120. Losing someone you love sucks. It’s not just the loss of the person but the loss of everything that person represents: excitement, adventure, and happiness. But it doesn’t have to end there. Breakups don’t last forever; you are more than your relationship status, and time does heal all wounds, no matter how deep they initially seem.
121. Breakups are a normal part of life, so keeping your head up is important.
122. Breakups are hard, but don’t be surprised when you say, “l could have done that better.”
123. Breakups suck. But they’re a necessary part of growing up and figuring out who you are.
124. When a relationship ends, you have to let go. Don’t hold on because if you do, it will be harder to move on, and eventually, you’ll miss all the things that used to make it special.
125. A breakup is never easy. If you’re going through one, remember that you are not alone.
Breakups are painful, but the hardest part is getting past the emotional strain that comes along with it. It’s sometimes difficult to be there for your friends when they’re going through the same. But there are ways to help your friend through this tough time, and one of them is by sharing these breakup quotes to help a friend on social media or in person.