We all have moments of anxiety. Whether it be an upcoming presentation, a first date or even a visit to the dentist. Anxiety can grip anything and everything. A constant stream of anxious thoughts fills your brain, leaving you mentally exhausted, physically tense and on edge with every stressful situation you encounter.
Being an anxious person is really hard. You worry about the little things and overthink the bigger things. It’s not uncommon for people to say things like “just don’t think about it” or “it’s fine.” They mean well but their words may actually be adding fuel to the fire of anxiety. You already know how anxious you feel so hearing that those feelings are unwarranted can be frustrating and even hurtful.
There’s nothing like a little dose of calm to put things into perspective. Whether you’ve had an exhausting week, are about to present at a critical meeting, or have just received some bad news — it’s ok to feel a little shaken. However, It’s good to know there are quotes to help calm you down, so you can better cope when times get tough.
Anxiety isn’t something that can be cured overnight. But, with the right amount of effort and some assistance from calming quotes, it can grow more manageable over time.
Do you suffer from feelings of anxiety? Do you find yourself feeling stressed, worried, and unable to calm down no matter what you do? If you answered “yes” to either of those questions or you know someone who falls in that category, this post is going to be very helpful for you. Being alive can cause a lot of stress, but we can still make our lives calmer.
There are calming quotes for anxiety right for you or someone whom you know needs some help out with anxiety. Kindly browse through them below.
Calming Quotes for Anxiety
It’s okay to have hours that are not okay. You’re human. And humans get stressed. But you can’t let it take over everything and define you. Take your time to put yourself back together, calm down and overcome the anxiety.
1. No one is invincible. Everyone gets hurt, feels pain, experiences loss and feels grief. Give yourself time to heal and regain your balance.
2. Don’t let your worries get the best of you. Create your own happiness, because sometimes life gets tough and the only thing you can control is how you react to it.
3. It is important to be gentle to yourself. Anxiety does not just vanish after one day; it takes time for your thoughts and feelings to fall into place and for you to be able to take care of yourself again.
4. Being anxious doesn’t mean you’re weak or crazy. Everybody needs a little extra help sometimes.
5. Find comfort in the midst of chaos. Don’t be afraid of failure. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up your flaws. You’re stronger than you think.
6. Don’t let anxiety control you. Take deep breaths, meditate and take it one day at a time.
7. Thoughts and feelings can’t hurt you; only your reaction to them can.
8. Sometimes we all just need a reminder to take a deep breath, it helps. Keep calm and carry on.
9. No matter what’s happening around you, no matter how difficult things seem, there’s always something you can do.
10. Be calm, be patient and persevere. All things are difficult before they are easy.
11. When life knocks you down, get back up and keep going. No matter how hard life gets, you can’t let it defeat you.
12. Anxiety can be so debilitating. Feel calm and relaxed inside and out. If you don’t take care of yourself, if you hold on to a lot of anger and resentment, you know that’s not good for your brain and body.
14. Just because you feel anxious, uncomfortable and isolated doesn’t mean you’re alone. You are loved. You are enough. You are strong.
15. Don’t dwell on the things that you cannot control. Focus on the things that you can control to help ease your anxiety.
16. It is possible for you to put your worries to rest. Practice deep breaths and focus on the moment.
17. Don’t be a prisoner of your past. Be the architect of your future.
18. Don’t be discouraged. If you work hard, you will succeed.
19. When you realize you do not understand what you are doing, you must have done something right.
20. You can do hard things. You are strong and brave. Anxiety doesn’t have to control my life. You are in control.
21. No matter what happens today, you’ll make it through. Tomorrow is another day. Anxiety is just excitement without enthusiasm.
22. Before you jump to conclusions, remember that you might be jumping to the wrong conclusion.
23. If you’re feeling anxious, first know that you’re not alone, and second: breathe. For everything, there is a season.
24. There’s no time like now to start living the life you’ve always wanted. If you can’t chase your fears away, walk with them.
25. You have a choice to be anxious or anxiousness. When life is stressful, try to remember that everything passes.
26. Never let a person or their words overwhelm your inner spirit. You’ve got this. You are stronger than you know.
27. Sometimes anxiety is just a distraction from all the amazing things we have to offer, focus on your unique gifts and you will always feel better.
28. It’s normal to feel anxious. Take deep breaths and know that you’re not alone. Just breathe. Focus on what you can control, and try to ignore the noise.
29. When you’re anxious, take a breath, put one foot in front of the other, and do the thing you thought was too hard.
30. Be gentle with yourself. It’s not easy being human. Every day is a new beginning. It’s your choice what happens next.
31. Remember that it’s okay to feel anxious. Anxiety is a feeling like any other and will eventually pass, no matter how scary it may seem.
32. You are stronger than your anxiety, you can breathe through it and know that it will pass.
33. We all feel anxious from time to time—especially before an important event. Know that you’re not alone and remind yourself that you can deal with this feeling. Stay strong!
34. You can’t fall if you don’t climb. And there’s no shame in taking time to recover and heal. You are enough.
35. When we accept our flaws and forgive ourselves, we allow ourselves to transcend the depths of self-doubt and become so much more.
36. Whether you’re by yourself or with a friend, sometimes it just feels good to let your feelings out.
37. Everyone gets anxious. It’s normal. Your mind is your biggest ally or worst enemy, so choose wisely.
38. It’s high time you let go of all your worries and don’t dwell on the past. You must get yourself to rest.
39. You are in control of tomorrow. You are not in control of yesterday. So stop worrying about it.
40. Even the smallest step brings us closer to where we want to be, so don’t ever doubt you can achieve your dreams, or that they are even yours, to begin with.
41. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you. When you’re feeling anxious or stressed, take a moment to breathe. Inhale through your nose for five seconds. Hold that breath in for two seconds. Exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat until your stress melts away.
42. When you are feeling overwhelmed, remember that a calm mind is the only place where true growth and healing can take place.
43. Keep looking at the stars and stop worrying about your feet. What is there to be anxious about? Relax and enjoy the present moment.
44. You were born to do great things. If you’re struggling, take a deep breath and focus on that.
45. If you’re in a moment where you feel anxious, confused, or sad, remember that “This too shall pass.”
46. Focus on what you can control. Surround yourself with people that love you and relax.
47. Your current situation is just a small ripple in the ocean of your life. All you have to do is keep swimming on forever.
48. When you’re anxious, remember that life is an adventure. Enjoy the view from the adrenaline hill.
49. As long as there are mountains, there will be climbers. As long as there are dreams, there will be doers. Stay calm and don’t panic. Things will be okay.
50. Let go of things that don’t make you happy. Don’t waste energy on people that don’t treat you the way you deserve. Be gentle with yourself.
51. When you wake up feeling overwhelmed with anxiety, breathe. Just breathe. Creativity loves a tranquil mind.
52. It’s okay if you’re having a hard time. It’s okay to not be okay. Take care of yourself first and remember that it gets better.
53. You are stronger than your anxiety. Don’t let yourself be defined by it. You will be fine.
54. We all have that voice inside our head, always coming up with reasons why something will go wrong… Tell it to take a hike and be a little more positive!
55. When you feel like the world is on your shoulders, just remember that the buttered side is always down.
56. No matter what is happening around you, always remember that you have the strength within to overcome it.
57. No matter what life throws at you, you’ll get through it. Because you are strong and wonderful.
58. So many things that happen in life cannot be controlled. All you can do is be prepared and learn to roll with the punches.
59. Worrying won’t stop bad things from happening, it will only stop you from living.
60. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone when you’re feeling anxious. Talking it out can help lift the weight.
61. When you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, take comfort in knowing that you are the source of your own happiness. Make peace with the bad and celebrate the good. You deserve fulfilment and happiness.
62. Mind over matter. It matters how you take things, not how things take you.
63. When you’re anxious, remember that everything that happens is a result of your past decisions. You can change your future by changing your present.
64. You can’t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future. So stop worrying, breathe deep, and trust that everything is going to work out.
65. Always remember that time is a healer. So be patient and trust that everything will work out.
66. Having anxiety sucks. But it’s okay because you’re not alone and you’re stronger than you think.
67. Sometimes all we need is to look at the big picture. To remind ourselves that everything is going to be okay.
68. You are stronger than your anxiety. No matter how lost you feel, if you just hold on for one more day, things will get better. It always does.
69. When you feel overwhelmed, take a deep breath and try something new.
70. Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere.
71. Don’t be afraid of the future because God already knows how it’s going to play out.
72. We’re all so busy and constantly on the go. Make sure to take some time for yourself and do whatever calms you down and helps you relieve stress.
73. It’s okay to be anxious or stressed. You’re not alone and you’re in a great place to figure out how to get back to feeling good.
74. When it feels like what you’re going through isn’t something you can talk about, don’t stay quiet. There are people that want to listen.
75. It’s okay to be anxious, it’s the voice of our soul speaking to us, asking us for greater love and service.
76. When you are anxious about what might happen, remember that worrying is not the same as praying. The fact that we can worry is proof that God cares about us.
77. On the days when you feel like the walls are closing in and you can’t breathe, remember to take a deep breath. It helps.
78. Try not to worry about anything, you’ll only make yourself crazy.
79. When you feel like a full-on freakshow because of your anxiety, just remember… Truth is beauty and beauty is truth.
80. The key to staying calm is not to panic. Stay in the present moment, and trust that everything will be okay.
81. When you feel like the world is closing in on you, remember that you are breathing and living. Be grateful for your health and the life you live today.
82. You are doing the best you can— for now. You are strong and brave. Take a moment to breathe.
83. You may not be where you want to be today, but you’re closer than yesterday.
84. When you feel stress and anxiety creeping up, remember that a kind word can go a long way.
85. It’s okay to feel like you’re falling apart. You’re doing it right because you’re doing the work. It gets better.
86. Remember that what you’re feeling isn’t permanent. One day, the clouds will part, and there’ll be blue skies ahead.
87. Trust that everything is happening for a reason. It’s all part of God’s plan for you, and it’s going to be okay.
88. Worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
89. When you’re filled with worry and doubt, take a moment to breathe deeply and hear yourself say: I am enough. I’ve got this.
90. Let go of all your worries, stresses and the stresses of others! Your life is in your hands.
91. When you’re anxious, remember that the only constant is change. It isn’t good or bad. It just IS.
92. When life is too much, close your eyes and breathe. It’s only the next moment that matters.
93. Don’t be afraid to take a chance on the life you want. You can’t know unless you try.
94. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. The only way out is through. Every cloud does have a silver lining.
95. At times, the only thing between a person living life and someone living in anxiety is one word. Breathe.
96. When you’re feeling anxious and stressed, remember that things will likely get better—it’s just a matter of when.
97. You will be fine. Sometimes when we feel like the world is crashing down on top of us, it’s because we’re standing under its balcony.
98. You can do hard things. And you will. Every day, you’ll conquer something that seems hard. It might not be a huge thing, but every day, you’ll do it. You’ll get up and try again. You’ll keep going.
99. Never stop believing that there are better days ahead. When you’re anxious, take a deep breath and remind yourself it will be okay.
100. On days when you feel like the walls are closing in, remember that you can make it through anything if you slow down and breathe.
Anxiety is a common issue, but it doesn’t have to take over your life. The quotes for calming anxiety here will help anyone push through restless nights, panic attacks, incessant worrying, and more.
I hope you got some relief going through them. Let me know how relieved you are now by leaving a comment right below. Thanks.