It’s said that happiness is a state of mind. The reality, though, is that science supports the idea of being happy as leading to an overall state of well-being and satisfaction with life. I’m sure you’ve at least one person who embodies this description: always smiling, infectious positive energy, and able to find the good in people.
We all know these people as positive influences because they remember that there’s good in everyone, even if it takes a little digging to find it. They constantly find solutions when problems arise instead of dwelling on the negative aspects of the present or the past.
We all go through difficult times but don’t have to stay there. Many things in life make us happy, but we tend to forget that these things aren’t created in a vacuum and won’t last forever. The secret is accessing happiness at will, allowing you to enjoy the best of what life offers.
Did you know that people who choose to be happy live up to 20 years longer than those who don’t? Sure, that could have something to do with the fact that they aren’t looking as much at car accidents and depressing news stories – we all do that, right? Yep. But it is more than that. Becoming happier makes you healthier overall!
Choosing to be happy can be difficult when a lot of the things around us seem to pull us down. It is an action that does not just happen but happens through small steps. So get these choose to be happy quotes, find your favourite, use them and share them with family and friends.
Choose To Be Happy Quotes
Happiness is a choice you make, not an accident. Choosing your happiness is an act of will, beginning with how you choose to be happy. The only way to be happy is to make others so. Choose a life of making others happy, and happiness will flow back to you as though you had touched them with a golden thread.
1. Choose to be happy, and your chances of being successful in life are infinitely better than if you choose to be unhappy.
2. Happiness is a choice. What you choose to do when things go wrong defines your character.
3. Happiness does not come in the future or when you get what you want. It is a choice we make every moment of our lives.
4. Choose to be happy. If you think about it, happiness is a choice. It’s not something that happens. It comes from the inside out.
5. Be happy with what you have. Choose to be happy and let the rest take care of themselves.
6. Let the happiness in. Live the life you want to live, choose your dreams over fear, and accept that you are enough.
7. How you choose to be happy may not always be the easiest route, but it will always lead you to the wonderful places you want to go.
8. Your whole world will change when you choose to be happy.
9. Happiness is a choice. We can choose to be happy now, or we can let the past get in the way of our happiness.
10. You have to choose to be happy or unhappy—but it starts with you. You are the only one that can determine your happiness!
11. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is a choice you make now. Choose to be happy!
12. Being happy is a decision you make every day. You can choose to be happy and confident, or you can choose to keep choosing the negative. Always remember that there is always a choice.
13. You can have anything you want when you choose to be happy. Live a life of purpose, beauty and love.
14. You are the master of your happiness. Choose to be happy.
15. You don’t have to be happy all the time, but you can’t be unhappy all the time either. Be determined never to miss a moment of your life if you choose to be happy.
16. Happiness is being the best version of yourself and taking the best care of your body. Choose to be happy!
17. You’re only limited by the amount of happiness you choose to be.
18. Happiness is not always a matter of circumstance but choice.
19. Your choice to be happy determines your destiny.
20. Happiness isn’t something that happens to you. It is something that you choose.
21. You can choose to be happy and live joyfully, and if you do, your life will never be the same.
22. There are only three things you can be certain of in this life: death, taxes, and happiness. Choose wisely.
23. Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy, and you’ll see the world on happier terms.
24. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future. It lies right now inside your heart. Choose to be happy today, and you will eventually become happier every day.
25. Happiness is inside you. It is not something we can find by looking for it without, but something we can only find when we look within. Choose to be happy!
26. You don’t have to be perfect to be happy, and you don’t have to be happy to be perfect. Choose to be happy!
27. You can choose to be happy, but it takes work. You have to work at it every day.
28. Happiness is not a destination. Choose to be happy today and every day. You will always find reasons to smile if you don’t stop looking for them.
29. There is a difference between being optimistic and being naive. Always remember that you aren’t the victim of your circumstances but an active participant in your life.
30. Choose to be happy, choose to be joyful. Choosing a positive attitude is the most powerful thing you can do for your own life and everyone around you.
31. Life is too short to be anything other than happy. So choose to be happy and be you and make the world a better place by living your best life.
32. When you choose to be happy, happiness will choose you.
33. Be happy because you are alive, and life is full of choices. The most important one is to choose happiness.
34. The most valuable thing we can do with our lives is to choose to be happy.
35. Happiness is like a smile. It can’t be forced. You need to choose to be happy.
36. Love yourself and make your happiness. It’s the only way to live a truly amazing life.
37. Choose to live life fully and passionately each day and be happy rather than worrying about what might happen tomorrow, next week, or next year.
38. Choose to be happy. Choose to make the best out of every moment. Choose to smile, laugh, and enjoy your life.
39. Choose to be happy, positive, and energized. We have the power to make life better.
40. Choose to be happy today, to see beauty in all things around you, to be positive and open-minded!
41. Happiness is a warm puppy, happiness is a loving family, and happiness is feeling fulfilled. Happiness is choosing to be happy today.
42. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your actions. Choose to be happy!
43. When you choose to be happy, you make your brain produce more serotonin.
44. Happiness is a choice. It is not a feeling but a decision. Learn to choose happiness, even when you have nothing to be happy about.
45. Be happy about the little things. Be grateful for what you have. Look for the good and hopeful things in life because if you focus on them and make your world a happier place, everything else will fall into place
46. Happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think. Choose to be happy!
47. Happiness is not a destination but a way of life. Choose to be happy!
48. Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling. Choose to be happy!
49. You have to be careful about happiness because it’s like money: It doesn’t buy you anything unless you spend it on something useful or invest it in a way that makes you rich.
50. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your actions. Choose to be happy!
51. When it comes to happiness, we don’t need more money or better circumstances; we need more gratitude and a better attitude.
52. Don’t wait until the morning to be happy. Be happy now!
53. Happiness is the best revenge. Choose to be happy!
54. We choose to be happy. We don’t have to follow the crowd or the trends. We can just be who we are and make our own choices.
55. When we choose happiness instead of bitterness, we become more powerful than ever imagined.
56. Happiness is the supreme good; it is desirable for its own sake and can make other goods possible. Choose to be happy!
57. Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling. Choose to be happy!
58. If you’re feeling down, what is the one thing you can do to change your mood?
59. Life is too short to wake up with regrets, so choose your battles and know when to stand down.
60. Happiness is the best medicine and makes you healthy. It makes you strong. And it keeps you young.
61. Happiness is not measured by the amount of money you have or the things you own. It’s what you can choose to have.
62. Choose to be happy. Choose to smile. It makes a difference.
63. Happiness is a choice. Make it a good one. Choose to be happy!
64. Happiness is a choice. Life is a choice. Happiness and life are no accident. You choose to be happy, or you choose to be sad, but it’s not something that happens to you—it’s something you do for yourself.
65. Happiness is a choice. You can choose how you want to feel and spend your time in this world.
66. When you’re feeling stuck or down, remember you can always choose to be happy.
67. The secret to happiness is not in the happiness itself but in how you allow yourself to be happy.
68. We all have those moments in life when nothing goes right. But if you remember the times in your life when everything fell into place, then those moments become more memorable.
69. It’s easy to choose what is wrong and focus on that. It’s far more difficult to choose the right thing and do it when everyone around you tells you it’s impossible.
70. The choice to be happy is a choice that’s available to you every day. It’s not about having a perfect life; it’s about choosing to be happy with your life.
71. We all have the power to choose to be happy. Let’s start with our thoughts, then work on the people in our lives and, finally, the world around us.
72. Happiness isn’t something you find. It’s something you create.
73. Life is too short not to be happy. Choose joy and happiness, love and life.
74. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future. It is a choice you make in the present moment.
75. Be proud of who you are. Even if it’s not what society wants you to be, there’s no right or wrong way to live your life. Choose to be happy, proud, and make a difference in the world.
76. What we don’t get makes us stronger. What we lose will find us again. Being happy is a choice that brings true happiness to you and those around you.
77. We all deserve to be happy, but knowing how to choose happiness is often the difference between having it or not.
78. Life is an unusual adventure. Let happiness be your guide.
79. The secret to happiness is letting yourself be happy.
80. Choose to be happy. Choose to be you. Choose these simple pleasures instead of worries and problems.
81. Happiness is a choice. Choosing to be happy it’s something that you do each day. Be the happiest version of yourself and choose happiness.
82. Choose to be happy, and you will automatically become more positive.
83. Be happy. Be grateful. Be kind. Be fair. Be brave. Be patient and courageous in the face of life’s challenges, and you’ll find that happiness is a choice anyone can make
84. There are no rules for living. There is only choosing which ones to break.
85. Don’t let fear hold you back from the things that make you happy. Choose to be happy!
86. Life is a gift. Choose to be happy, not just for today but for every moment
87. Happiness is a choice. You choose to be happy, or you choose to be miserable. You can let the world pass you by or decide to live life to the fullest and enjoy each day.
88. Life is a journey, not a destination. Choose to be happy and remember that happiness is the only thing that truly lasts forever.
89. Happiness is a choice, not an accident.
90. You don’t need a lot of money to be happy. You need the freedom to choose joy over fear and love over hate daily.
91. Happiness doesn’t mean that you have everything that you want. Happiness is choosing what you want and being grateful for it.
92. Not everything is going to go your way. But if you choose happiness, you can’t lose.
93. We are all so much better when we choose to be happy. Embrace your life and the opportunities it has in store for you today.
94. The only way to ensure a meaningful life is to choose to be happy.
95. Happiness is the only way to be old. Choose to be happy.
96. Happiness is something you choose, though it’s not always easy to do. But it’s always worth the effort in the end.
97. Life is too short to wake up with regrets, so smile today and never look back.
98. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
99. Some days are simply better than others, but we always get to choose what kind of day it is.
100. Happiness is a choice. You make your life what you want it to be.
101. Happiness is not something you achieve. It’s something you chose.
102. A little bit of happiness helps a lot. Start today with positive affirmations that keep you on the path to joy.
103. You won’t be happy if you keep looking back at your life. You have to start living it now, every day.
104. Happiness comes when you learn to choose happiness.
105. Life can only be properly lived when you’re happy, so choose to be happy!
106. Choosing to be happy is your choice. It’s about finding things that make you smile, giving yourself a break, and enjoying the little things.
107. It’s your life, so make it the best one you can. Choose to be happy!
108. Be the woman who chooses to be happy. Be the woman who chooses to be her best self. Be the woman who makes her time truly matter.
109. There’s no better time than now to start living a happier life. Choose to be happy today and every day.
110. We all have choices to make. And those choices shape our lives and the lives of those around us.
111. It’s easy to find happiness if you choose to be happy and find the good every day.
112. You don’t have to be happy all the time. You can choose to be happy when you want to be, even if you’re having a hard time.
113. Choose to be happy! This is the first step toward a happy life. We decide to be happy. We let go of little sadness and move on. We decide that whatever problems we face, it’s going to be okay. Choose happiness, and you will see a change in your life.
114. There are no shortcuts to happiness. You have to choose it, desire it, and work for it.
115. Don’t be afraid to live your life with a smile on your face; happiness is contagious.
116. You can choose to pick out your low moments, or you can choose to make every day an opportunity to learn and grow.
There can never be a quick fix for happiness, but these quotes can help you live much more positively. I feel like I’m happier being more conscious of the words I speak, the thoughts I have, and the actions I take.
This collection of choose to be happy quotes has the power to change your perspective. Also, don’t forget to share your favourite quotes above.