In a world that can be harsh, you’re your own harshest critic, and as a society, sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. We judge ourselves by our past actions and believe that we are the sum of our mistakes. We focus on what we should have done instead of what we can still do. We beat ourselves up over mistakes we’ve made, feel terrible about things that have been done to us, and are often consumed by guilt.
You may not even realize how hard you are on yourself because it’s become such a natural reaction. You may even think that if you’re not hard on yourself, you will not get the right result… but the truth is there’s no need to be so rough on yourself.
Instead of beating yourself up, try being your own best friend instead. Learn to speak to yourself in a kind and gentle way. Celebrate your successes and learn from your failures. Be kinder to yourself and do not beat yourself up about the things that you haven’t been able to accomplish yet or mistakes that you have made in the past. Learn how to forgive yourself for being human and making mistakes as everyone else does. Work on accepting your flaws so that you can get rid of them and become the best version of yourself possible.
When you’re feeling down, remember that everyone makes mistakes and we all have weaknesses. And we can all improve in some way. The fact is, we don’t have to be perfect to be valuable. Often just doing the best we can is enough.
Here are some don’t be too hard on yourself quotes to remind you that it’s OK to make a few mistakes along the way.
Don’t Be Too Hard on Yourself Quotes
Being kind to yourself isn’t about making excuses for yourself when you mess up. It’s about accepting your humanness, treating yourself with the same compassion and love you’d show someone else, and not being too hard on yourself when things don’t go exactly as planned.
1. Don’t be too hard on yourself, because at the end of the day, all that matters is that you try your best. Just thrive to be better next time.
2. Don’t be too hard on yourself. No one achieves perfection, so there is no reason to expect it from yourself. Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.
3. Don’t be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.
4. Sometimes, life is hard. Nobody’s perfect, and that’s OK. When you make a mistake or mess up in some way, don’t be too hard on yourself.
5. I know that you have been very hard on yourself for a long time, and I want you to know that you don’t need to be. You’ve made mistakes, but they were only mistakes. The world still loves you.
6. The biggest challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else. Don’t lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.
7. Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared and humble when you are victorious. You can’t always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.
8. The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places.
9. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.
10. You are more than your mistakes and your struggles. You are infinite and unlimited. What has happened has happened. Sending you to love today!
11. Forget the past regrets and instead, look towards the future with love. You’re wonderful just the way you are.
12. Sometimes life throws you curves. And that’s when it can help to realize that struggle and obstacles are just part of the process of becoming who you’re meant to be.
13. You’re not a perfect person, nor is anyone else. Nobody is going to be on point and perfect at everything all the time, so don’t let it get you down if you’ve made a mistake and realize there was a better way to do something.
14. You don’t have to be defined by your mistakes. Focus on the good things you’ve accomplished today, keeping in mind that tomorrow will bring even more new opportunities for growth as long as you remember to stay positive, humble and grateful along the way!
15. When you make a mistake, write it down and then forget it, letting it go. There will always be more mistakes to make, so don’t be hard on yourself.
16. It’s important to remember that even when you’ve made a mistake, you’re not a failure. No one is perfect, after all. Don’t beat yourself up over it.
17. We always make mistakes. It’s unavoidable. But you can learn from them. And if you’re going through a rough patch, remember that it won’t always be this way. It will get better, I promise.
18. If you are having a hard time, remember that it’s OK. We’ve all made mistakes. It’s not the end of the world.
19. You’re human, and humans make mistakes sometimes. It’s human. Most of the time things work out. Keep working towards your goals. Keep on believing in yourself.
20. Things happen. It’s all part of life. There are ups, and downs. The only thing you can control is moving forward, and to move forward, you have to let go of the past.
21. Don’t beat yourself up. We are all human. Instead of focusing on what went wrong, think about how you can do better next time.
22. I know that you have been very hard on yourself for a long time, and I want you to know that you don’t need to be. I believe that you can get through this and be happy again.
23. I want you to stop beating yourself up. You’re a great kid and there’s so much potential inside of you. I love you, and I know that good thing are still to come.
24. Don’t lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you. Be strong when you are weak, fearless when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.
25. Be strong when you are weak. Being brave when you are scared is a challenge many of us face. We may be afraid of the unknown, or maybe we’re just afraid to let others see our vulnerabilities. It’s important to remember that courage comes from within.
26. You need to remind yourself that being brave will help you accomplish your goals, change your life, and push you farther than you ever imagined you could go. Humbling yourself lets others know that you’re not above them. It helps improve your character and proves it to yourself as well.
27. There will always be someone smarter, someone prettier, someone who is better at this and that. But you are not anybody else and if you ever forget that remember this, you can do whatever you put your mind to. It won’t be easy but it will be worth it.
28. Your life is an incredible journey, and you should enjoy every step along the way. Don’t worry about perfection—it doesn’t exist. And when you mess up, learn from it and move forward.
29. Don’t beat yourself up for being human. Life is about learning from mistakes and then figuring out how to do better the next time. When you fail, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.
30. At times life can be hard, but don’t be too hard on yourself. You are a great person that is capable of achieving your goals!
31. Never get too discouraged, keep going and remember you’re human; everyone fails sometimes. Live your life to the fullest and learn from your mistakes. Things will fall into place in due time.
32. Don’t be too hard on yourself. No one gets through this life without making mistakes. It’s a part of being human.
33. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You can spend your whole life trying to understand why you are the way you are when all that really matters is that you’re here now and you’re alive.
34. Don’t worry too much about opportunities that you missed or roads you didn’t take. You’ll do better next time.
35. Mistakes are a part of life and they make us who we are. We learn, we adapt, and we become better people.
36. Nobody is perfect, but everybody can learn from their mistakes. Sometimes it’s good to pretend that you’ve already made it and get to work on whatever problem set you to want to focus on.
37. Sometimes it’s hard to see the positive in things sometimes, but they are out there. You just have to believe in yourself and keep your chin up.
38. Don’t spend a lifetime trying to figure out why you’re the way you are. After all, it doesn’t matter why you’re here now — all that matters is that you are. And being alive can be pretty awesome.
39. Hey. It’s amazing to be alive. And you know what? You’re here for a reason. That’s good enough for now.
40. You are alive. You got through another day. And there’s someone in your life who loves you and needs you. And there’s something you’ve always wanted to do, that maybe today is the day to do it.
41. You’re alive now and you have a decision to make right now. Focus on the present moment and direct your mind to what is important in this very place, right here. What will happen next to you is not nearly as important as how you respond to what happens next to you.
42. You are alive. You got through another day. And there’s someone in your life who loves you and needs you. And there’s something you’ve always wanted to do, that maybe today is the day to do it.
43. You are who you are because of it; make peace with that. Remember, you don’t need permission to be yourself, you just need the courage to try.
44. If you feel guilty because of mistakes you made in the past, let go of them already! You can only build on mistakes if you learn from them and use that knowledge to help yourself and others in the future.
45. Whatever is worrying you right now, forget about it. Take a deep breath, stay positive and know that things will get better.
46. Don’t be so hard on yourself or your situation. Time has a way of working things out for everyone and everything — at least if you give it a chance.
47. I know that life can be difficult at times. It’s easy to get frustrated and angry over life’s most minor inconveniences. But please, don’t be so hard on yourself all the time.
48. We all make mistakes and have imperfections — no one is perfect — so instead of punishing yourself, practice a kinder attitude.
49. Don’t be too hard on yourself, you don’t have to be perfect. To be a good human being is to have a kind of openness to the world, an ability to trust unknowns and unknown people.
50. Being a perfectionist doesn’t mean always doing things right; it means never being satisfied with anything less than your very best effort.
51. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.
52. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Don’t allow your mistakes to define who you are. Learn from them and keep moving forward.
53. Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference.
54. Life is about not knowing and then doing something anyway. All of life is like that. It’s about seeing what’s there instead of what isn’t there. You don’t see it until you believe it.
55. You already have everything you need to succeed. You just need to stop trying so hard. Stop believing that success is something external to yourself, which is a result of getting ahead of other people. Success is an inside job and it has nothing to do with anyone else but you.
56. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own selves that we completely forget that there are millions of other people who are also doing the same thing.
57. There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience; every experience teaches us something new and helps us grow into the person that we were truly meant to be.
58. Life is not going to always be easy. You will fail, you will disappoint others, and you will disappoint yourself. Your struggles are a normal part of life. Let go of the idea that you have to be perfect. Embrace the journey.
59. You are going to struggle. It’s normal and human. You will fail, you will disappoint others, and you will disappoint yourself. These struggles are a normal part of life. Embrace that struggle, grow from it and turn it into incredible stories one day.
60. Life won’t always be easy. You’ll fail, disappoint others and yourself, but that doesn’t define you. Embrace the journey and the experience.
61. You’re going to make mistakes. It’s inevitable, so stop avoiding it. Admit to your failures, and learn from them. The pain of failure can teach you more than success ever will. So let go, embrace the journey, and move forward with grace!
62. Don’t be afraid of your imperfections. Embrace them as a part of who you are. You are here to learn, so there is no rush to get things done.
63. Life throws a curveball sometimes. You’ll screw up, you’ll lose something important, and there will be moments when you want to give up…but you can be okay if you hang on. You are strong enough to handle it. And don’t forget…you are not alone!
64. Life will bring you some hard times, but you’re only human. It’s normal to be sad. Don’t give up!
65. Failure is something that we all experience. Perfection is not attainable. The sooner you accept that, the easier it will be to relax and move forward in your life.
66. Failure is a part of success, so embrace failure. Don’t avoid it; take a moment to learn how you can improve your next time, and then try again.
67. Don’t let setbacks stop you from achieving your goals. If you fail, get back up until you succeed. You will face challenges in your life. Keep going and do not forget to enjoy the journey.
68. You will mess up, but it doesn’t mean you are not awesome. It’s normal to fail and fall down, but even if you do, getting back up is a part of building a life full of opportunities.
69. It’s not always easy to be your best self. You’ll mess up, and you know what? That’s okay. Embrace the journey.
70. Life will be messy. You’ll get lonely, you’ll get lost, and you’ll get disappointed. It’s in the struggle where you learn and grow the most. Embrace these challenges with an open heart and a fearless mind.
71. Life can be tough. We’ve all failed and disappointed one another at one time or another. It’s part of the process of growing and learning, so don’t give up!
72. Life is not always easy; we all have our struggles. Don’t worry if things don’t go your way, accept the situation and move on. But let me say this: Embrace the journey of life and you will find it to be the greatest adventure ever.
73. Nobody is perfect. We are all human, and that means we make mistakes. Learn from them and keep going. You are uniquely equipped to succeed at whatever you choose
74. Life is not perfect. There will be times when you feel like giving up and throwing in the towel. And that’s OK. The story you tell yourself about your journey will play a big role in the success you find along the way.
75. You have to start somewhere. It’s time to make a change, whether it’s today or tomorrow. Your past is behind you and now you have the chance to open a new chapter.
76. You have so many things to look forward to, so never stop trying. Use your struggles as motivation, and you will be stronger when the challenges are over. Never forget that it’s the smallest details that make all the difference in the end.
77. You will have times when you feel utterly defeated, times when all your dreams and efforts crumble into dust. Keep going. Your time is coming. It’s only up to you how long you will wait for it to arrive.
78. Don’t be afraid to fail or make mistakes. If you go through life without taking chances or risks, you will have left out every part of it that is worth living.
79. It’s OK. You messed up. No one is perfect. What matters is that you learn from it and fix it, because if you don’t, you might be making the same mistake over and over again. And I hope this article will help in some small way!
80. It is normal for us to feel like we have failed because we didn’t achieve our goals. However, it doesn’t mean you are actually a failure. Failure is just one of the many steps in a journey to success.
81. Life isn’t going to always be easy. You will fail, you will disappoint others, and you will disappoint yourself. Your struggles are all a part of life. Embrace the journey and know that this too shall pass.
82. What defines a successful person is how they handle struggles. Even if you’re struggling right now, things will brighten up eventually. Whenever life gave you a test, pass it with flying colours. Keep your head above water and see the light at the end of the tunnel!
83. No matter how hard life gets, no matter what challenges come your way, it will all be okay in the end. You can and will get through this. You can be whatever you want to be.
84. Life is a bumpy road with curves and tough bumps along the way. Just go through it with a positive attitude, try your best, and do everything you can to keep a smile on your face.
85. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Making mistakes is how we learn and grow. Forgive yourself for your past mistakes, and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
86. Don’t let the setbacks get you down. Remember, sometimes progress is all about the little steps that you take. Challenges are simply opportunities to learn and grow.
87. If you are going to live, live fully. If you are going to love, love completely. Know that life is not perfect. Accept the fact that life is a journey and that this journey may be difficult from time to time but with perseverance and hard work, your dreams will come true.
88. Life is not going to be a walk in the park. It will have its own share of challenges and failures. However, you need to be prepared to face the hard times head-on and come out victorious.
89. Don’t be too hard on yourself when things don’t go as planned. Realize that sometimes things have to fall apart so better things can fall together. The key is to trust that everything will work out in the end and let life surprise you for once.
90. Don’t be too hard on yourself if something goes wrong during your day. It’s okay to make mistakes and it’s okay to feel bad about them, but do not allow those feelings to interfere with your ability to enjoy the rest of your day. Say goodbye to those feelings, accept that they are there, and move on.
91. Don’t be too hard on yourself. It will hurt your self-esteem more than it could ever hurt the person who did you wrong.
92. When you make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up too much, because it can drain your energy and cost you your happiness.
93. Sometimes you just have to do something and hope it works out, otherwise you’ll end up sitting around and doing nothing and complaining about having done nothing!
94. Take a deep breath. You will get through this. Somewhere inside of you, there’s an extraordinary person with the kind of strength and determination that can carry you through this.
95. Failure is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from your mistakes.
96. You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. Nobody’s perfect and there are so many more ways to fail than to succeed.
97. Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.
98. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you’ve made mistakes in life; everyone makes them, but keep in mind that the only way to correct them is to admit them, learn from them, and move forward with renewed vigour and commitment.
99. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Yours are different from your friends, and that’s okay. Instead of focusing on what you can’t do, focus on what you can do.
100. Being kind to yourself in moments of failure is absolutely essential because it encourages you to try again, but even more importantly because it creates the mental space for self-compassion.
The above don’t be too hard on yourself quotes are a reminder that despite the mistakes you’ve made in the past, it’s not too late to change your ways. There’s no telling what you can accomplish when you feel better about yourself.
I’d love to see your comments below and be happy if you’d share these amazing quotes.