Being an emotional punching bag can make you feel alone, lost, and hopeless. You might feel like no one could understand what it’s like to be in your shoes. But the good news is, you’re not alone. Millions of people have been there before. The bad news is, you still have to deal with the situation in front of you.
How much abuse do you still want to experience before you decide you are worthy of better treatment? Hence, If someone is making you feel like a punching bag, whether you are fed up with being taken for granted, feeling invisible, or like you’re back in middle school getting bullied, I bet, you might be in the right place.
I hope these well-written emotional punching bag quotes can help ease your pain. Go on, to select any as your choice may be.
Quotes About Being an Emotional Punching Bag
When someone makes you feel small, get busy and make them feel like a giant. It will get better if you can just give up on being someone’s emotional punching bag. Roll with the punches and don’t back down!
1. Being an emotional punching bag isn’t fun. It’s hard. It takes a lot of effort to be supportive and not take it personally or become bitter.
2. Sometimes, we take on other people’s emotional pain and harden ourselves against it. We may give others a ‘free pass’ to say or do whatever they want to us. We may become an emotional punching bag for those around us.
3. I have always been a wallflower to be stepped on for others’ entertainment, but I no longer bow down to you.
4. It’s very frustrating to feel like no one listens to you or takes your thoughts or feelings into account. No matter how much it hurts, it isn’t an excuse to take it out on someone else, the best you can do is to find a way out.
5. It’s not your fault that you’re treated badly. Sure, it hurts and it’s not fair, but it’s the abuser’s problem. He or she has a problem and you’re not it.
6. Nothing is more painful than when you give someone your precious heart and they crush it into pieces. The wounds never heal. The scars remain with you forever, reminding you of how stupid you were to trust, to love, and most of all, to hope.
7. People always seem to forget that those who care for them often find themselves in the role of an emotional punching bag.
8. Being an emotional punching bag is hard on anyone, but it’s especially hard on women. They tend to experience more depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness compared to men who get the same treatment.
9. You’ve got a bad habit of feeling like an emotional punching bag for everyone around you. Whether it’s your husband or wife, kids, family members, or whoever else, you need to learn how to go about not being anyone punching a bag.
10. If you’ve ever been in a relationship where your partner abused your love and trust, you’ll know how it feels to be an emotional punching bag.
11. When you’ve been in an emotionally abusive relationship, sometimes you need to take a step back and just look at the bigger picture.
12. With everything going on in your life, it’s difficult to keep your emotions in check…especially at work, and when you are in the midst of people. And it seems like you can’t take anymore.
13. I was screaming for help, but nobody can hear me. I have yelled and cried a thousand times, but nobody’s there to hear. My voice sounds weak, for no one cares. I feel like an emotional punching bag, my body aches from the pain inside. The tears are coming from my eyes because I know no one is here to care.
14. Being an emotional punching bag can be really tough. You know it’s not your fault, yet you feel compelled to take on all the responsibility. And as much as you want to change, you feel like it won’t make a difference. But remember, there is a way out, and a brighter future ahead.
15. Let’s face it. Life is hard, and sometimes life is downright unfair. As women, we deal with our fair share of hardships that don’t always make sense. You’re not alone if you feel like an emotional punching bag.
16. Being someone’s emotional punching bag can be extremely difficult. If you’re caught up in a relationship where this is happening to you, don’t stay silent. You deserve better and there are ways to get yourself out of these unhealthy situations.
17. Like the emotional punching bag, you continue to get beat up by life. But sometimes it seems like you’re not important enough to be treated better. You feel invisible. Or maybe you feel invisible one time too many and end up in a dark room, crying yourself to sleep. Things got so bad you thought it was time to make a change — but where do you begin?
18. The pattern of an abusive relationship is nearly the same for everyone. The cycle starts with an abuse event, followed by an effort by the victim to either avoid or minimize the abuse and a final attempt to reconcile and make amends. Unfortunately, all abusers need is for their victims to believe that they have changed and that the abusive behaviour will not happen again in order for the cycle to repeat itself.
19. You’re not alone, I’ve been an emotional punching bag too. They say you can choose your friends but not your family, and there’s no way to escape a family with mental illness or dysfunctional behaviour patterns. Sometimes I feel like it takes all my energy to keep going – and nothing I ever do is good enough, even though I try hard.
20. You ever had one of those days where you feel like an emotional punching bag? Or maybe even a week, month, or year. I know I have.
21. You might have been called strong, independent, but the fact of the matter is; you are an emotional punching bag. Sure, you put on a protective front and deflect it with sarcasm — and that’s partly why they feel free to say it — but deep down, it gets to you.
22. Over the course of my life I have been used by people who said that they love me and then hurt me. They were emotionally dependent on me, and then emotionally abusive about it. They were very needy and wanted my time, energy, and attention constantly. They gave very little in return, especially when I was not available to them. Any time I tried to pull away they accused me of abandoning them or they acted like they were the victim.
23. Being the emotional punching bag means that when you are with someone who is upset or hurt, like a friend, family member, or romantic partner, it is YOU who picks up the pieces and realizes that person’s feelings. You absorb their angst and stress so they can keep serene.
24. If you can relate then you know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of someone’s disappointment and hurt. You get accused of all the things that have always brought them down in life and had that dumped on your head without mercy.
25. People will lash out at you just because they think it’s funny. They don’t even know you yet and already they think it’s funny to see you hurt. And as long as this is happening to you, you’ll feel like no one is on your side. You’ll feel alone.
26. It’s just one of the unfathomable mysteries about life I guess. You can’t control how you feel, how you perceive things to be, or whom you care about. Anyone can make you feel anything at any moment. Don’t let anyone make you feel like shit if they can and don’t hurt the ones you love, because they don’t always control what they are feeling either and it’s not always their fault.
27. People may think it is fun to watch a horse kick a punching bag, but the bag does not. It hurts. Being an emotional punching bag, in relationships, at work, or in the world at large, is not fun and it hurts.
28. I have had far more than my fair share of being a punching bag for someone who claims to love me. I have been the emotional punching bag for family, friends, and girlfriends. The worst of it is that I still miss her and wonder what went wrong between us. It shows you have no idea how these people really feel about you. I am not sure if I would change anything but there is one thing for sure, I will never again allow myself to become the Emotional Punching Bag for anyone!
29. Being an emotional punching bag is horrible. You could have your friends or family members joining you in the relationship and both of you being the victim constantly. One example is, that your self-esteem goes out of the window every time they feel like criticizing you, they can do that as often as they want because you’ll never raise a voice to them. But not only your self-esteem will go down it’ll also affect your mental status too and you’ll find it hard to control your emotions.
30. Most people have been emotionally abused at some point in their lives by someone who was supposed to love them. They are victims of physical, emotional, verbal, and mental abuse by people close to them. All of these kinds of abuse leave behind scars that can affect a person for the rest of their life.
31. Being the family scapegoat may offer a few benefits, like being treated like an adult and being enabled to take a lot of blame for things that are obviously not your fault. But even though you might enjoy these fringe benefits, it is still very hard to be an Emotional Punching Bag. You end up having to listen to everyone’s problems and never being allowed to express your own.
32. The Emotional Punching Bag – is being harassed and emotionally abused by a narcissist, sociopath, psychopath, or otherwise emotionally abusive person. Living with someone who is unkind to you leaves you feeling disrespected. You may feel that your needs are not being met by your partner. It is scary to feel unloved and unappreciated by someone you love and trust.
33. Being an emotional punching bag is a role sometimes required of friends, family, and coworkers. The burden can be great, and usually, most people respond with guilt, anger, denial, or sometimes depression if they are unable to break the cycle.
34. Being taken for granted can be a compliment. It means that you’ve become a comfortable, trusted element in another person’s life. Don’t worry when you’re not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition
35. The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once-in-a-lifetime kind of people. Never allow yourself to be anyone’s punching bag.
36. I’m not a punching bag. I’m not an object to take your anger out on. If you’re going to scream and yell then leave me alone. Don’t yell at me and throw things at me while you’re standing right in front of me.
37. Sometimes, you need to be a little bit of a punching bag and let people hit you — and not hit back physically — but wait until they’re done.
38. Never let someone who doesn’t know the value of your tears talk you out of your joy.
39. I’m gonna be the stronger person that comes out of this. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.
40. Never settle for someone who isn’t proud to have you in their life. Someone who makes you feel small, inadequate, and insignificant. Because at the end of the day, who wants to be someone’s punching bag?
42. Don’t let others be the reason you lose your faith in yourself. You are someone who’s worth fighting for. Don’t be anyone’s punching bag. You’re too valuable for that.
43. No one will ever understand how lonely it feels to be in a tangled relationship. Stand up to bullying, every time.
44. If you find someone to accept you for who you are, don’t let that person go. You are strong. You can take it. You got this.
45. I am enough. I’m positive, driven, and ambitious. I learn from my mistakes, seek forgiveness, and treat others as I’d like to be treated. My success will not be defined by someone else’s failure.
46. You don’t need to fit into what other people tell you. Just be yourself. Embrace who you are and each day, make yourself a little better. Do not allow yourself to be another person’s punching bag.
47. We’ll never know how far we can go unless we push ourselves beyond what we thought was our limit. So push yourself, the world is waiting. Respect does not come naturally. It takes practice.
48. If I must be a punching bag twice my size, let it at least be for something important. Let it be for our country. And let there be no doubt with each punch I swung back that I believe in the goodness of man…and that the battle to make him great again is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears that it will cost.
49. Take your power back by standing up for yourself. It’s time to stop being a punching bag.
Emotional Punching Bag Quotes
Emotional punching bag is often a relative, spouse or close friend. Being the object of emotional punching bag can be very hurtful to the victim and damage their self-esteem.
50. It’s time to get back in the ring. You’re stronger than you think.
51. Change for the better starts when you stop punching yourself in the face. And allowing others to punch you.
52. I can do this, I can change. I can be a better person. I can manage my anger and stop hurting those that don’t deserve it.
53. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” You are so beautiful, you don’t need to change a thing.
54. If someone asks you to do something, do it. If you’re asked to be somewhere, be on time. Be a person of integrity. Keep your commitments and remain faithful to the people in your life.
55. You cannot reach your dreams if you are constantly worried about what others think of you. Don’t be afraid to be the first or the only at something. Let your passion define your actions.
56. It takes great strength to forgive, but it takes even more strength to ask for forgiveness. Let yourself be softly aware of the Beauty all around you. Do not accept defeat. You are the best of yourself.
57. Be free and keep moving forward. Don’t let the mistakes of your past haunt you forever.
58. Don’t play games with those who don’t value an honest friendship. Stand firm in knowing that you are stronger than you think. Don’t let anyone take your strength away.
59. If someone wants to bring you down, do everything you can to rise above it. And no matter how hard they punch, never leave them hanging with nothing to show for it.
60. the people who really love you aren’t going to put up with your crap. those are the people worth keeping in your life: always be nice to them because one day you might realize it’s them, and not the rest of the world, that deserves your time.
61. The people that want to be a part of your life will always find a way, the people that don’t, won’t.
62. Feeling like you’re being dragged through the dirt again? – remember, there’s a rainbow after every storm.
63. The only way you can keep your sanity is to stay strong. You must be brave enough to face the world on your own terms.
64. Stay strong, stand firm in faith—always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
65. If being someone’s punching bag occasionally is what they think friendship is, then they’re not your friends.
66. It’s hard to be someone’s punching bag, but if you keep going, if you keep fighting, you will find a bright future.
67. Feeling like an emotional punching bag? Stop feeling like you have to be everything to everyone.
68. Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is the most painful thing in the world.
69. You know you’re a doormat when someone else makes you cry more than yourself.
70. I’m proof that time heals all wounds and you can get through anything as long as you don’t forget your sense of humour. You’re not alone. Be your own best friend.
71. The best kind of love is when you look at the one you love and feel absolutely nothing. if someone could love you as much as God loves you that would be wonderful, but even if they don’t, he does.
72. You’re strong enough to confront an issue but gentle enough to support your partner through it. The person who loves you won’t be able to let you go even if they try.
73. The best things in life may not happen when you plan them, but I promise if you don’t quit, your heart will find a way
74. “I am not your emotional punching bag. I will not allow you to beat me with the emotional abuse you’ve endured.”
75. “I am not your emotional punching bag. I will not allow you to beat me with the emotional abuse you’ve endured.”
76. Don’t be strong all the time. Sometimes you need to be weak so that someone else can feel strong for you.
77. People that lack confidence attack. People that feel insecure insult. And people that hurt you on purpose don’t love you.
78. I’ve always given people the benefit of doubt and let them take advantage of me. No more!
79. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.
80. I’ve always given people the benefit of doubt and let them take advantage of me. No more!
81. “Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.”
82. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were.
83. “Getting punched in the heart hurts more than any physical punch. And it’s easier to be strong when you have bruises and cuts on your face or body because then people see that you are hurt. But it is hard to be strong when you have someone punching at your heart because no one can see the bruises.”
84. You don’t deserve someone that loves you when it’s convenient. Do not settle for an emotional punching bag.
85. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.
86. The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” I deserve better than this. I know it. You know it.
87. You know you’re in love when she has the power to break your heart and you still give her the keys.
88. I am the one person you can’t live without, and the one person you keep pushing away.
89. People don’t get it, they think that’s it just an obsession with this person and making them happy. But it goes much deeper than that. Being in love with someone you can’t have is like being close to the sun. It only gives you warmth, happiness, and light. But if you get too close, it will burn you.
90. Life is too short and precious to spend it being someone else’s emotional punching bag.
91. Sometimes we forget that everyone has a breaking point, and we stop being the person who pushes through to fight their way back up.
92. There are so many people out there who are ready to give up on themselves, but there’s no reason why you should be one of them. Remember: The best thing about being you is that if you fail, it doesn’t mean the end of the world.
93. She carries it across every day. A reminder that not everyone’s fate is an open book. They just read one page in the book each day, but they get to re-read it as needed.
94. I finally learned I didn’t need to be anyone’s emotional punching bag. I needed to love myself more.
95. It’s difficult to be with someone that your family and friends hate. It’s even harder to leave the person you love for the people you care about.
96. You can’t control other people, you can only control yourself. Say no to drama, walk away from negativity, and let go of these toxic people in your life.
97. The people who take advantage of you are not friends. They lack the ability to love and deserve your respect.
98. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. People matter. They matter most.
99. You don’t have to process your feelings in full view of everyone. I respect how you speak your truth, and when you need some space to feel the feelings, that’s good!
100. You deserve to be with someone who wants to calm your storms. Not someone who worships the thunder.
One thing that people who are involved in abusive relationships forget is that they deserve better. They don’t deserve to be someone’s emotional punching bag, but it can take a long time after they put themselves in that position to realize that they aren’t happy. Sometimes, taking time away from the relationship and regaining a sense of self goes a long way in helping someone realize that things need to change. Therefore, here are amazing emotional punching bag quotes to ease yourself of the pain you are might be going through.
You should share this post with someone that is also passing passing through emotional trauma in their relationship, You can also drop a comment so that I will know how you feel about this quotes. Thank you.