Family breakdown is defined as all events, including marital discord, leading to one parent leaving the home and any disputes or difficulties resulting from such separation. It includes divorce, separation, desertion or death of a partner. Family breakdown can result in significant changes for children and carers, particularly those under 18 years.
The breakup of a family unit can have devastating effects on children, no matter what the circumstances of the breakup are. The longer the relationship between parents has lasted, the more likely it is that children will be negatively affected by their parents’ divorce.
Family breakdown is a significant social issue with consequences for everyone that are widespread and complex. It can affect their health, education, emotional well-being and relationships with family members. If a parent is absent due to family breakdown there may be financial problems as well as emotional ones for the remaining parent and children.
So, these family breakdown quotes reveal a lot about what can lead to it and hope that the knowledge of the existing issues could be used to facilitate any situation before it gets out of hand. Please, find time to read through.
Family Breakdown Quotes
Family breakdown is no fun. You need to learn to make things work and keep your sanity when dealing with them. When a family breaks down, it’s not just the affected kids or parents. Everyone has to help pick up pieces and figure things out.
1. Family breakdown is devastating, but it’s also a time to use the experience to strengthen your relationships
2. Family breakdown is a common cause of anxiety and depression. It can also be an underlying cause of drug abuse and other addictions.
3. When families break down, the children feel the most pain. They’re losing a source of love and support and their sense of belonging.
4. A family breakdown is not a black-and-white event; it’s a process made of small steps. It’s about accepting the inevitable and moving forward with care.
5. When a family falls apart, each member must find a way of surviving. It’s a vicious cycle, and there’s no one left to blame but yourself. The breakdown of a family can be more devastating than you would think.
6. A family breakup is a breakdown of relationships that forms a rupture between two or more people. In most cases, it will also involve the dissolution of some legal claim, either property or lien, between the two former parties.
7. Family breakdown is the process of family dysfunction, moving away from each other and not understanding what happened. The dissolution of a family when a child is on the way or has already arrived.
8. The breakdown of the family unit is a very serious issue, and we believe we should take the steps necessary to create solid families again.
9. The broken places in our lives, the distance between friends and family, and the harshness of divorce are just some of the things we have to face.
10. A family breakdown is a lot like getting sick: you won’t be able to tell it’s happening until after you’ve gotten sick. Sometimes, you have to heal from the inside out before you can get your life back together again.
11. The hardest part of a family breakup may be realizing that your loved one needs you more than you need them. The breakdown of a family is often made up of complicated feelings and emotions, but all in the household feel the effects.
12. When your family breaks down, you are left with a lot of broken pieces. A divorce is never easy, and it’s not something most people can handle alone.
13. Sometimes, people get divorced. Sometimes people separate. Sometimes families break apart. Sometimes it’s for a good reason, and sometimes it’s for no reason. But the important thing is that you’re still there for your family no matter what. You love them unconditionally, even if they don’t always love you back.
14. The hardest part of a divorce is not the actual divorce but it’s the emotional toll it takes on you as a person. It makes you lose sight of what matters in life. The most important thing to remember when you have a family is that they’re all different, and it’s okay that they are.
15. Family breakdown can be intimidating, confusing, painful and lonely. It takes courage to face this stage of life. Family breakdown can be devastating, but it doesn’t have to be permanent.
16. Family breakdown is a problem that affects everyone in society. It can be made worse by the actions of people who don’t care about the emotional welfare of children.
17. The more times a family breaks up, the more difficult it becomes for them to get back together.
18. The parents’ divorce is the most painful part of child-rearing. It is rarely easy and never easy to watch two people you love so much break up.
19. When family ties fray, anger begins to brew.
20. When you’re not in your own family, it’s often hard to understand the plight of others. But if you could see what it’s like for someone in an unstable family trying to protect themselves from a violent environment, you might understand why it’s so important to find a loving place to take care of them.
21. Divorce is a process of transition, not an event. And sometimes divorce is better than being married to someone who isn’t right for you?
22. How do you feel when you decide whether to keep or let go of a family member? Do you ever feel helpless and hopeless, or do you have a way to cope?
23. Life isn’t about finding your perfect person to live it with; it’s about creating a family that will stand the test of time.
24. A family breakdown affects everyone in the family. Family is like a rainbow, when you are born you get white, then when you grow up you get two colours. Then, when the rain comes, it gets all mixed up into one colour—and that’s what family is.”
25. Family breakdown is one of the leading causes of mental health problems in young people. It’s high time we made a change.
26. When you lose your spouse, it is not just death. It’s a divorce. If you’re going to break up, try to be as fair and balanced as possible.
27. Family is the most important thing in life. It’s also the most complicated thing in life. In this era of quickie divorces and broken families, we often don’t stop to think if there ever was a happy family, to begin with
28. Children suffer from broken homes, not just parents. The best way to help is to ensure your kids have a happy and healthy home for every family member.
29. Family is the most important thing in life. It’s about who you choose to spend time with, who cares for you when you’re sick and how much they love you. When you lose your family, you realize how important they are.
30. All the things you forgot to do, the things you should have done but didn’t, and the things that never happened but should have. Family is the most important thing in life. Without them, you have nothing.
31. A family breakdown is a traumatic event that can change your life. It’s important to know that you have support if you have been affected by one.
32. When a family breaks apart, it is not just the parents who suffer, but the children too. The impact on their mental health and emotional well-being is profound.
33. When family conflict and divorce are inevitable, how do you handle its aftermath? The divorce rate has grown so fast it’s reached epidemic levels. When your family is the closest thing to you, it’s hard to let go.
34. Family comes in all shapes and sizes, but the relationships that matter most are the ones between family members. It’s not always easy saying goodbye to the things you love, but it’s always worth it.
35. The “kids will be alright” mentality doesn’t work, and the mistake most parents make is to keep hoping that things will get better when they’re not. The most important thing a family can have is love.
36. One of the hardest things to deal with when your family breaks apart is trying to find a way back into it. No matter how you cut it, a family breakdown is never easy. But some problems do have solutions.
37. Family breakdown can make it harder to stick to your budget and get things done yourself. But there’s more to it. Family breakdown is also a time when you need to be extra careful to ensure you have the support you need to stay healthy while dealing with difficult emotions like anger and sadness.
38. The breakup of a family can be devastating and complex. Allow us to help you navigate through the separation process.
39. A family breakup can be a painful experience, but it does offer many opportunities to grow, learn, and improve.
40. There is no one right way to have a family. There are many, and they are all equally valid. Ultimately it’s up to you and your partner what kind of family you want. We all have ways of coping, but the most important thing is to keep your family together.
41. When you are faced with the end of a marriage and kids are lost, there is no greater heartbreak than watching your children grow up without a mom or a dad. Divorce is an ending, but it’s not the end of anything.
42. A family is not something that lives in your house. It’s something that lives inside you, and it grows up with every passing day.
43. Family breakdowns are complex, and the problems can be incredibly difficult to solve.
44. Family breakdown can be a terrifying, isolating experience. Though moving forward may be impossible, these quotes may help you take your first step.
45. Sometimes, a family breakdown can be more than just heartbreak; it can be a financial hardship, stress, and even prison.
46. Family breakdown is a trauma for all involved. It’s never easy, and it cannot be easy to cope, but we try our best to make things as normal as possible and give support where we can. Please know that you are not alone in the process of healing from a family breakdown.
47. “When a family breaks apart, what’s left behind is the love and energy that made it work.” When your family breaks down, there is no greater loss than the time you spend together.
48. If a family is falling apart, it’s best to stay away. A breakdown of family relationships can be a source of anxiety. It is not uncommon to see divorces and other marital breakups, especially in the first few years after a child is born.
49. When a marriage is over, it’s not just the two of you anymore. It’s five of you: your partner and their family, too. You’ve become your worst enemy when you don’t feel like fighting.
50. Family breakdown is the worst that can happen to a once happy family. The results have ripple effects on the society.
I wrote these family breakdown quotes for people going through a family breakdown or have just gone through one. I hope you found them relatable to use.