Saying goodbye is never easy. It is one of the worst feelings for someone to feel. Often, it triggers a lot of pain and suffering.
If you are reading this post, you must be in a situation where you have to say goodbye to your lover because of a breakup, a trip or relocation. If you are ending a relationship, then it is a good idea to take your time to write a goodbye note.
On the other hand, if your partner is relocating or travelling, it is a nice gesture to write them a beautiful goodbye quote to extend your good wishes.
Whichever category you fall under, the goodbye quotes for lovers in this post are detailed enough to find the right quote suitable for you.
Parting Quotes for Lover
I hate that we have to part ways, but I understand it is for the best. You were a wonderful lover to me, and even now that we are separating, I still find myself remembering the times we spent together. I hope you know you will always be in my heart.
1. I hope you find the warmth and comfort you deserve. I will always cherish our times together, and I will think of you often. You were the best lover I have ever had.
2. A sad goodbye to you, my dear. The last couple of years were wonderful, but I understand we have to part ways now.
3. They say goodbye is a farewell, but I hope ours is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We may not be the lovers we used to be, but I hope we can be really good friends.
4. I will miss your looks and your loving heart, but I will miss your touch. Despite parting ways, you will always be in my heart.
5. You are my everything, but I have to let you go. I hope we can try again in the future, but goodbye for now.
6. The days are going so fast, and I am painfully counting on when you will leave. It will hurt, but I know I have to say goodbye.
7. Goodbye, my love; you will always be in my heart no matter how far apart we grow.
8. I hate to see you leave; it hurts me deeply to part ways with you. But I know I must be strong to let you go now. Goodbye.
9. It hurts to see you go, but I know it’s for the best. I hate to watch you walk out the door, but I know there is nothing I can do about it.
10. I’m going to miss you, but I am counting down to the time I will see you again. Till then, bye.
11. I hate to see you leave, but I know it’s time to say goodbye. I still love you, but I know I have to let you go.
12. You’re the love of my life, Perfect in every way. You make me smile when I’m happy, And make me cry when I feel bad. I want to spend all of my life with you; You’re the best person I know.
13. Goodbye to you, my love, You were good to me, and I will always love you.
14. Goodbye, my love, When I look back upon my life, I will always feel so lucky to have you.
15. I felt empty since I knew we had to part ways. I understand it is for the best, though.
16. You used to love me; I loved you so much as well. But now, it is a really big shame we have to part ways.
17. Baby, it breaks my heart, To part ways with you. You were so good to me. I loved you so truly. And I know we’ll meet again someday.
18. You were good to me, and I will always love you. Goodbye to you, my love; we part ways to meet again soon.
19. I love you more than I could explain. Even though our paths are now separate, I will always remember the good times.
20. I will miss your love, The way you touched me, and how you made me feel. I will miss your kisses, Your hugs, Your everything. Goodbye, dear,
21. Goodbye, my lover. You’ve given me a chance for a fresh start, and I am grateful.
22. I know I’m going to miss you so much, You’ve been the greatest friend I’ve ever had, and I’ll never forget you.
23. Goodbye, my love. I hope we will meet again, laugh together again and be best friends the way we used to be.
24. I wish I could stay, but we both know I can’t. Bye for now, my love.
25. It is time to part ways and say goodbye. It breaks my heart, but I have to do this for myself.
Best Words to Say Goodbye to Your Lover
It breaks my heart to write these words and say goodbye, but I have to say you were the best thing that ever happened to me and the best lover I have ever had. I can’t help but feel hopeless at losing you, but I understand this is the way things have to go.
26. My heart breaks at the thought of leaving you. Even writing this letter pains me, but I have to do it. Bye, my dear.
27. I can’t believe this is happening. It breaks my heart to think about living apart. I so enjoy being with you that I do not know how to deal with your relocation.
28. I feel so bad when I think about you leaving, and I don’t want to write this. It was hard for me to accept that you were moving away, but I understand you needed to do what was best for you. Goodbye.
29 . Bye, babe, have fun! Just text me every 5 minutes and tell me what you’re doing.
30. OK, babe, here are the rules. You text me and tell me what you’re doing every five minutes. I will miss you.
31. Make sure you have a great time and text me constantly; I hate the thought of you being too far away!
32. I’m excited to go on vacation, but I’ll miss you crazy. I wish you were here! Bye.
33. I’m not crying because you are leaving; I’m smiling because you have been such a great part of my life. I will miss you.
34. When I think about you leaving, I want to cry. It makes me want to smile because of all the memories. Love you!
35. I may seem sad that you are leaving, but I’m laughing at the thought of how much space I’ll have in my house when you’re gone.
36. It’s OK that you are leaving. I’m fine. I’ll miss you a bit, but not too much.
37. I’ll miss your smile and the glimpses of sunshine. I’ll miss all the laughs we had together. Most of all, I’ll miss you.
38. Like a piece of art, I will miss you. Your presence will be imprinted on my life forever. I’ll never be the same.
39. I’ll miss you, but sometimes we all need a little space.
40. I will miss you. You were easy to laugh with and could make me smile when I was down. You made me understand why I did want to be with you for the rest of my life. Please don’t take this wrong. You’re wonderfully attractive. My affection only lasted a short time, but you’re still worth remembering.
41. I’ll miss our conversations twisting and turning into random tangents. The giggles and the smiles; were a reminder of how much we valued each other’s company.
42. I can’t believe you’ve decided to leave. You were like my new best friend, and I’ll miss you a lot.
43. Don’t worry about it; I’m sure we’ll still stay connected as long as you have a computer that can run Skype and a decent internet connection.
44. It’s sad to see you go, and I’m sorry it had to end like this. You’re always going to mean a lot to me, and even though you no longer live in the same city, we’ll always have our good times.
45. Staying strong was hard, but there was something different when I accepted that you were leaving. I am grateful for the great times we had.
46. It’s been so nice having you around. You’ve shown me how to be a better person and have made my life fun and purposeful. I’m sad things have to end now, but I will never forget you.
47. It’s been a pleasure being your lover, but we have to let go. I know it’s a hard time, but I believe we will both pull through.
48. It’s our last day with each other, and I have to say goodbye. I will miss you, but I promise to always keep in touch.
49. This is a difficult post to write, but I’ve been looking for the proper words, but words elude me. I am going to miss you.
50. It breaks my heart to think I’ll never see you again. We have so much history together, and life with you was a great one. You were always there for me, and it hurts to know I might never see you again.
Saying Goodbye to Your Lover Quotes
I wish I could live in this moment forever and not say goodbye. I have so many good memories with you, and being your lover is the one thing in my life I am proud of. Maybe I’ll see you again someday; till then, I will take solace in reading all the love quotes I got from you.
51. I wish I could live this moment forever. It’s hard to move on from all the memories we made. It’s too painful for me to think about what we used to do together—goodbye, love.
52. There will never be a day when I won’t miss you. I hope we meet again someday.
53. Wouldn’t that be nice if we could just turn back time and re-live those moments again. Life is too short to spend it with regrets, but all the memories I have with you, I wouldn’t trade for anything.
54. Goodbye, my love. It feels like a piece of me is gone with you. But I’m sure we will meet again somewhere in the galaxy.
55. I’d give anything to share one more morning with you: just one more kiss, one more laugh. I wish I could change it all and not have to say goodbye.
56. My heart aches when I look at the pictures we took together. We were really good together. I wish we could go back to those times and not part ways.
57. I’m not sure what I did to make you hate me so much. Maybe it’s best if this is the last time we speak. Goodbye, dear.
58. I’ll always miss you. What we shared was so special to me. I’ll miss hanging out with you, having fun, and doing nothing together.
59. I’m so heartbroken to have to let you go. I’ll never be able to forget the impact you’ve had on my life or the unforgettable moments we shared.
60. It’s never easy saying goodbye. I will always be your friend, even if I won’t be your love again. Know that I’ll think of you every day, and know that I love you.
61. Please never forget me. I’ll think of you every day and know that I love you, even if I’m no longer your man.
62. I hope you know that I’ll never forget you. Even if things change between us, I’ll always love you, and I’ll be thinking of how much fun we’ve had together.
63. I’ll never forget the times we had together. Even though I’ve moved on, you’re always my best friend. I miss you, and I love you.
64. I’m leaving, and I won’t be back. Remember our days together, and know that I cared for you and think of you.
65. I’ll be gone soon, and I’m sorry to leave you. I want you to remember the good times we had together and know that I will think of you fondly.
66. I might not be with you much longer. I’m sorry that I can’t stay. But please remember the good times we had, and know that you will always be in my thoughts with love.
67. I’m sorry to go so soon. Please think of me as I lay in my grave, and know that I will think fondly of you until the end of time.
68. You won’t be happy after I am dead, but try to accept and understand how I feel. If you think of me when I’m gone, remember the good times we had together and know that I, too, will mourn my loss.
69. I know you don’t want to say goodbye, and neither do I. I’m sorry all of the amazing things we talked about won’t happen now. We had some amazing times together, and we’ll take them with us.
70. I’m not sure how much time I have left, and I regret all the wrongs I’ve caused you. I only wish I could make it up to you, but all I have are memories of kindness and caring that I will hold onto forever.
71. Sorry that I’m leaving you. It breaks my heart to leave you behind, but I have to. You’ve changed me in so many ways and made me realize how strong and brave I can be. You have given me so much strength and made me feel more confident in my worth.
72. I’m sorry for making you think I was going to stay. I enjoyed being with you. You have made my life so much better, and I’m grateful for all the things you’ve done for me.
73. I feel heaviness in my chest as I think about how much I will miss you. You’ve not only changed my life but also thousands of lives, and I’ll forever be grateful for what you’ve done for us all.
74. I’ll always remember the good times we had together. I’ll miss you so much, and I’ll never get over you. You have a special place in my heart that no one else can take.
75. As I leave, I hope you find the warmth and comfort you deserve. I will always cherish our times together, and I will think of you often.
Farewell Quotes for Lover
You are important to me. You are my one true love, and I wish I do not have to write a farewell quote. I understand we have to part ways, but I’ll always be here for you, and you will always be in my heart and thoughts.
76. When I think of how much I will miss you, I can’t help but remember how we first met. Now that you’re going, my heart aches when I think about everything we’ve shared.
77. I’ll never forget you. Your memories will live in my heart forever. It’s hard to say goodbye, but I’ll think of you every day.
78. I’m sad. I feel like I’m leaving behind a part of me when I say goodbye. Remember that I will think about you every day, and I hope you’ll remember me.
79. I don’t know how to say goodbye. There’s an emptiness and longing in my heart as I think of leaving you. I will miss you, and I hope you miss me too and remember me always.
80. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I’ll always think about you and what could have been, but don’t forget that I love you and will always do.
81. Leaving you behind is one of the hardest things that I’ve ever had to do. You are the person I’ve shared some of my best experiences with, and even though we’re saying goodbye now, you will always be in my heart.
82. I just can’t believe you’re gone. There are times when I’m happy, but then I remember how much I miss you, and it hits me again that you’re not coming back. There’s no closure yet because it’s too soon to move on.
83. It’s still hard to believe that you aren’t around. It’s lonely here without you. I wish we could say goodbye one more time.
84. I have only ever wanted to say goodbye, tell you how much I miss you and remind you that I still think of you every day, but I did not, and now I am left broken-hearted with a heavy heart.
85. The love that you gave was so special and rare. It’s not supposed to go away. Every kiss and every hug I’ll cherish forever—goodbye, love.
86. It’s hard to say goodbye, but the time has come. I couldn’t have asked for a more loving or devoted partner.
87. I wish I could have saved our relationship. Our time together was beautiful, but unfortunately, all things must end.
88. It hurts me to say this, but I don’t think we can stay together anymore. We’ve been drifting apart for a while, and I feel we’ve grown too far apart now to come back.
89. I wish life had been different for us. I wish for more time together, more laughs, and more happy memories. But I know this is not possible. So instead of hoping for what cannot be, we must accept our fate.
90. I’m sorry to say this, but we have to part ways. I will always cherish the moments we’ve spent together and carry them in my heart forever.
Best Goodbye Message to Lover
At first, I fell in love with your smile. But then you turned around and made me fall in love with everything else. You were a very good lover, and It is a shame that everything has to end now and I have to send a goodbye message. I wish you all the best.
91. I wish life had been different for us. I wish for more time together, more laughs, and more happy memories. But I know this is not possible. So instead of hoping for what cannot be, we must accept our fate.
92. It’s not easy saying goodbye; there’s a heavy feeling in my heart. I’ll think of you every day, and I hope you’ll never forget me.
93. I’m so sorry to say goodbye. I’m going to miss you, but know that I’ll stay in touch. You’re a great person, and I hope we will get back together again someday!
94. I’m going to miss you so much. I think about what all we had and how great our relationship was. I’ll think of you all the time.
95. I’ve learned so much from you, and, indeed, your character has always been an inspiration to me. Your kind words ripple through the years, and I will keep them close to see when we meet next time. Goodbye.
96. I will miss you. You filled a void in my heart that saying goodbye will open up.
97. It’s a shame we’re parting ways. There were so many wonderful moments we shared. I’m sure that our paths will cross again someday.
98. I’m very sad about leaving. I’ll miss the great times we had. Good luck with everything.
99. I feel nostalgic about the time we had. I’m sad our time together has ended, and I hope to see you again soon.
100. Goodbye. I still remember the first time I saw you, so incredibly long ago. You brought me so much joy in my life, and it makes me sad to see you go.
101. I’m going to miss you. The fun we had made me so happy, and I’ll never forget it. Hopefully, we can still hang out sometimes!
102. I feel so sad right now because I’m going to miss you. I’ll never forget the time we had together. Hopefully, we can still see each other every once in a while!
103. I’m going to miss spending time with you. The memories will stay with me forever. I hope we can still hang out sometimes.
104. I’ll never forget you. You were always there for me when I needed you most, and I’ve loved every moment we’ve spent together. Thank you for everything, my love.
105. Being your lover was all I ever wanted, but, unfortunately, it had to end. It just wasn’t meant to be.
106. I can’t believe it’s already time to say goodbye. It seems like yesterday we were meeting for the first time. I hope our lives cross paths again soon.
If you appreciate this collection of goodbye quotes to your lover, please share it. You can share it on your Facebook account or retweet it on Twitter.
Mention it in the comments section below if you want to contribute your goodbye quote to the list.