It’s okay to be tired of being strong. It’s okay to feel weak and vulnerable. It’s okay to let someone else carry your burdens for a while. You don’t have to fake strength or happiness all the time. You don’t have to pretend like everything is perfect when it clearly isn’t. You don’t have to put on a smile when all you want to do is cry.
You’re allowed to be weak sometimes. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person or that you’re failing at life or that you don’t love yourself enough or that you’re giving up on whatever goal you have in mind. It just means that sometimes we all need help, even if only for a few minutes.
It’s okay to admit that sometimes, just sometimes, we want someone else to take over for us so we can be human for once instead of superheroes with nothing left to give but our smiles and our tears. Below is a collection of I am tired of being strong quotes that will make you realise that it’s okay to admit that holding it together isn’t always possible — especially when you’ve been doing it for so long that no one even expects anything less from you anymore.
I Am Tired of Being Strong Quotes
I am tired of being strong, yet I have to be strong for everyone. I have to carry the weight of this world on my shoulders. There are days when I want to just give up and let them all go because they don’t understand what is going on inside of me.
1. I am tired of being strong. I want to be weak because that is what you want from me. I long for my tears to spill over so that you can have some relief.
2. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of being able to handle any situation that is thrown at me. I am tired of being in control and having everything together. I just want to lay down here, sleep through the pain, and let someone else lead for once.
3. I am tired of being strong, holding on to your memory with everything I have. I don’t want to hold on anymore. I need to let go and move on. There is too much pain in letting go of you, but there’s even more left behind by holding on.
4. I am tired of the strong facade that I put on to hide all my pain. I am tired of being strong.
5. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of faking it. I am worn out by my human pace and the energy required to keep up with it all.
6. I am tired of being strong and making sure everything is perfect and putting on a smile when it is all crumbling around me.
7. I am tired of being strong and keeping this image that I have created so well. I’m exhausted from always protecting my heart and soul from the world. The truth is, I’m sick of being invincible, almost immortal.
8. I am tired of being strong. I want to be soft and feminine again, but being a man has made this challenging.
9. I am tired. I am tired of being strong, and resilient, showing up every single day, and putting on a smile for all the world to see. I want someone to carry me on their back through this life, who will always be there to catch me when I fall.
10. I am tired of being strong. Tired of being strong for others and the expectations that come with that. I am tired of being strong for seemingly no reason at all. I want to be me and only me, even if it means that I may or may not mess up.
11. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of feeling like this is my fault. I am tired of having good days and bad days. I am so sorry for what happened and I wish every day that I could go back in time and stop myself from hurting you.
12. I am tired of being strong. I want to feel the relief of tears and an open heart, but all I can do is sit here and cry on the inside.
13. I am tired of being strong. But I know that if I allow the worst thoughts and feelings to come bubbling to the surface, if I let myself go there, then I’ll never get back out again.
14. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of being brave. I am tired of trying to help everyone else and letting myself fall. It is time for me to take care of myself, to let myself be free in my skin again.
15. I am tired of being strong all the time and keeping on going, despite what happened. I do all the time, hold back my tears and act as if nothing happened. Even if I am crying inside.
16. I am tired of being strong. I’m not broken and I don’t need to be fixed. I just need you to understand that sometimes, I’m too tired from trying so hard to be a warrior princess. Sometimes I cry when everything goes wrong. Sometimes I feel weak.
17. I am tired of being strong through all the pain I carry. I want to be weak so that I can finally feel relief.
18. I’m tired. I am tired of being strong. I’m tired of keeping fighting, I’m tired of numbness. There is nothing left that can be done to make things better, to make me happier. There is no more fight in me.
19. I don’t want to be the strong one anymore. I am tired of being strong, working towards goals, and doing what is right for others.
20. I am tired of being strong. I need permission to be vulnerable and express pain, grief and hurt.
21. I am tired of being strong. I just want to feel something, anything. Something that doesn’t make me hate myself even more.
22. I am tired of being strong. Not just in the context that I want to be a nice person and smile when things are hard, or that I want to be kind and generous at all times. It’s the real-world implications too: going to work, being with my family and partners, driving the carpool line, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and getting dressed so I look presentable.
23. I am tired of being strong. It takes a lot of energy to be strong, but it is more important for everyone around you to know that you are.
24. I’m tired of giving up on everything and everyone because it’s always there to come back to. Tired of pretending I don’t hear the hurtful things people say behind my back, but never directly to me. Tired of putting on a mask and smiling when all I want to do is run away.
25. I am tired of being the strong one. I am tired of being strong for everyone else. I can’t even be strong for myself. I just want someone to be there for me like I was there for you.
26. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of the endless stories in my head, the endless thoughts that won’t stop screaming and yelling. They are crowding my brain and making it impossible to sleep, so I am going to sit here with you, in the dark silence of the night. Together, we will let our eyes sink shut, completely blank and void of any thought until we fall asleep.
27. We are all too often hesitant to share how we feel. I am tired of being strong, so I want to share my story with you.
28. I am tired of being strong. I wish I could let out my emotions and cry, but I can’t because men don’t cry. I am tired of pretending to be fine because you won’t let me be anything but okay.
29. I’m exhausted from holding back my feelings and pretending everything is okay. I am tired of being strong.
30. I wish I didn’t know what it was like to be strong. To just let myself go and cry, or just be angry, or happy. I wish that I didn’t hurt so bad that all I want to do is sleep until this pain goes away. It feels like being in quicksand; the harder you fight, the faster you sink into that pit of despair called depression.
31. I am tired and need to be weak, My body is physically tired. I have given everything I had, but still, it’s not enough.
32. I am tired of being strong. I have been strong for so many years now, and everyone else around me is so weak. I can’t seem to find a way, to tell the truth about how I feel or what my true desires are without offending or hurting someone else.
33. I am tired of being strong. I want to cry, sometimes I want to crawl into a hole and never come out. Yet every day, I fight the urge to break and keep going on.
34. I am tired of being strong and keeping a smile on my face only because people expect me to be that way. Some days it’s rough, but I still keep up appearances.
35. I am tired of being strong if that is even possible. I am tired of fighting my demons, so to speak. I have been fighting so hard for so long, that I don’t think I know how to let them go anymore.
36. I am tired of being strong. A person can only be strong for so long before they break down into tears. These days have been filled with one stress after another, and I just can’t keep it up any longer.
37. I am tired of being strong. I want to cry. To scream. To talk about how I feel without fear.
38. I am tired of being strong, taking care of everyone else, and carrying this burden.
39. I am tired of being strong, tired of being resilient, tired of carrying this weight. I want to cry when I feel sad. I want to scream when I feel angry. I want to be a child again when I feel powerless.
40. I am tired of being strong, I am tired of smiling. Do I have to be strong otherwise who will be left to be his hero?
41. I am tired of being strong. I know that because I am alone in this battle, and that means I will never be able to be completely honest about the pain I go through each day. I have learned to hide things from people to protect myself from those who would use my weaknesses against me.
42. I am tired of being strong and hiding my tears, I’m tired of carrying the weight on my shoulders and saying that everything’s okay. It’s not going to be okay anymore, I have reached my limit.
43. I’m tired of keeping my issues in and pretending they don’t hurt me. I can be strong and silent while the world around me crumbles, but it gets harder every time I lose someone close to me.
44. I am tired of being strong and fighting. I have been managing everything for so long, but now my body is telling me to stop.
45. I am tired of being strong. I need to feel weak and not be brave all the time, to be able to let down my guard, to cry, and not have to think about what other people are going to think of me.
46. I am tired of being strong. All the time. I am tired of trying to do it all and do it perfectly. I need a rest from perfectionism. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way.
47. I am tired of being strong. I need a rest from smiling, from pretending. I don’t want to pretend anymore.
48. I am tired of being strong. It hurts to be this way. I am so stressed and anxious that it is hard to do anything. I am so unhappy about my life and feel like I have nothing to live for. My mind is always racing, but the only thing I can think about is how unhappy I am.
49. I am tired of being strong. My heart is aching, my soul is tired, and I just want to feel. I want to let go. And if that means that I have to cry, then I will just cry.
50. I am tired of being strong. I have been strong for so long, that I have forgotten what it is to be weak. If the rules are meant to be broken, then break them. If everything goes wrong, then let it fall apart.
51. Tired of being so strong. Tired of holding it all together. I just want someone to lean on.
52. I am tired of being strong. I want to feel weak. I want to feel vulnerable, safe, loved, and adored.
53. I am tired of being strong. I am emotionally exhausted and paralyzed. I’m not saying that anyone should feel sorry for me, but there must be a way out of this vicious cycle.
54. I am tired of being strong. I have been strong for so long now, and I’m not willing to be that way anymore.
55. I am tired of being strong. I want someone to lean on, who will hold me up when I feel like falling, and stay with me until the worst is over.
56. I am tired of being strong. I have been strong since the day I was born, at least, that’s what it feels like. I am tired of being strong, tough, and independent. I want someone to love me and be there for me, not to fix or solve my problems but just to hold me when they are hard and support me in my dreams as well as my failures.
57. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of being the one everyone turns to for help. I want to be weak. I want to be vulnerable. I want to break down and cry, or let loose and scream for a change. Sometimes, I feel like my strength is all an act, just a mask I put on so no one knows how much pain I’m in on the inside.
58. I am tired of being strong even when I want to fall apart. I want to stop fighting and just cry in your arms forever.
59. I am tired of being strong. It takes so much out of me, it exhausts me. I am exhausted from pushing my feelings deep down and pretending they are not there. Everything I do is now done to protect myself and mask this pain, which is growing worse with each passing day.
60. I’m tired of being strong. I’m tired of pretending that I can handle this. I am weak, I feel small, and sometimes all I want is to be held close.
61. I’m tired of being strong. To be fair, I never asked for this. It was never my goal. And yet here I am, staring into the mirror trying to grow a backbone while living with a heart that is completely in tatters and all my walls are falling around me.
62. I don’t want to be so strong anymore. I wish I had someone there to help me, who is by my side when things get tough and understands me better than anyone else.
63. I am tired of being strong. I want to be weak and be comforted by the love of another human being.
64. I am tired of being strong. For the last few years, I have been a pillar of strength. You see, life has thrown me so many curveballs that I didn’t know how to cope anymore unless I was being my ‘strong’ self.
65. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of holding in my anger, sadness, and fear. I’m tired of pretending to be okay because it’s easier than admitting that life is hard sometimes. It hurts so much, but it brings me back to what matters most.
66. I am tired of being strong, no one seems to understand the way I am feeling. If even for once just for an hour, I want to be like a normal human being. Being happy is so hard when your heart is broken every day.
67. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of pretending that everything is okay when it is not. I didn’t ask for this divorce, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t going to happen anyway.
68. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of fighting battles that I can never win. I am tired of feeling like my body is failing me.
69. I am tired of being strong. I am tired of pretending everything is going to be okay when most days, it isn’t. Not even if I try my hardest to make it okay. Sometimes things just suck and there’s nothing anyone can do about it except to wait for them to get better on their own or not get better at all, which feels like the worst possible outcome.
70. I am tired of being strong. My journey has been long and fraught with many setbacks. Besides the most recent series of events, I have been struggling my whole life to stay healthy and keep my faith in God. The pain is too much, I just cannot cope at this point. Please help me with whatever it is that you can do.
Tired of Being the Strong One Quotes
Tired of being the strong one. I am tired of being so full of life, but feeling like something is missing. I want to laugh and smile, I want to cry when the tears call my name, and I want to let go of all inhibitions, and feel freedom from my emotions.
71. Tired of being the strong one. It’s exhausting. I want to be weak sometimes. It would probably be easier, and feel better. But I don’t know how to let go.
72. Tired of being the strong one. I just want to be weak for a little bit. Something I can wallow in and do nothing about. Let it make me feel everything. Or maybe, if it doesn’t give me strength, at least let it take it away?
73. I am tired of being the strong one. I just want to feel better. I don’t know who will help me but I need someone, please.
74. I am tired of you. I am tired of your expectations, your lack of support, and your failure to see the value in me. I just want to be good enough for myself, and you.
75. I am tired of being the strong one. I have been strong for so long and I have given everything I have to other people. It is time that I took time for myself, time to rest and recover, and time to find my balance again.
76. I am tired of being strong, capable, and able to handle anything. I am tired of feeling like everything is always my fault, that there is no one else to blame but me. I am tired of carrying this burden of responsibility for the feelings of others, I don’t know how long I can keep pretending that everything is okay.
77. I am tired of being the strong one. I’m sick of constantly putting on a brave face and pushing through. It would be so much easier to just let myself fall to pieces.
78. I am tired of being the strong one. I want to run away and disappear forever. My life is not my own – I exist for the benefit of others, and this is what I get in return: nothing.
79. I am tired of being the strong one. I’m tired of being brave. I’m tired of existing in this world as something to be admired because it is not who I am. It is not what I want and it’s not what I deserve.
80. I am tired of being the strong one. All the time, always had to prove myself, to be self-sufficient and independent. But now, all I want is a man who will hold me and tell me that he’s proud of me.
81. I am tired of being the strong one. I am tired of hurting people, too. I know that’s what you want me to do, but it’s hard when everyone around me keeps saying “we don’t care if you’re happy” and they have no idea how hard it is to act like you’re okay when you are hurting.
82. I am tired of being the strong one. I’m sick of always putting on a smile. I don’t want to pretend anymore. I am done pretending everything is okay when it’s not. I am done pretending that you care about me when you don’t. It is not okay to treat people like trash without remorse or regret. You can change, but only if you want it bad enough.
83. Tired of being strong. Tired of keeping up the same facade, holding in all my emotions and hiding away when it seems like no one understands what I have been through.
84. I have been a loyal friend, a devoted daughter, and a faithful girlfriend. I am tired of being the strong one.
85. I am tired of being the strong one, I want to be weak. For once, I want to let it all go and just cry in your arms.
86. I am tired of being the strong one, I want to be weak. I want to feel something else besides this numbness I live in.
87. I am tired of being the strong one; I want to be vulnerable, and human, and allow myself the freedom to feel and experience pain, joy, and love.
88. I am tired of being the strong one. Tired of being “fine” when I am not. I want to be weak, and vulnerable, and let you help me pick up the pieces when I fall apart.
89. I am tired of being the strong one. I want to let my guard down for once, and let someone else be there for me.
90. Deep down, I am a vulnerable person. I want to express my feelings and be understood. I want someone to hold me and say that they care.
91. I am tired of being the strong one when I’m not happy and smiling when I’m heartbroken. I don’t want to be alone anymore and fake being okay when everything around me is falling apart. I’m so afraid that nobody will listen or understand me; fear itself might be my worst enemy. I just don’t know how to get better.
92. I am tired of being the strong one. I just want to not be hurt or disappointed anymore. I want my big dreams of a happy, healthy life for me and my family to come true.
93. I am tired of being the strong one for everyone. I am tired of pretending like I’m okay. I grab myself into a ball and cry.
94. I am tired of being the strong one. I don’t want to be strong anymore; It’s exhausting, and I’ve never been good at it anyway. Today, I am breaking down. So, if you see me crying or fainting or trembling uncontrollably—it’s okay. I’m human, and sometimes that means we fall apart.
95. I am tired of being the strong one. I can’t take it. The pain is too great, the burden is too heavy. I’m tired of holding it all in.
96. I am tired of being the strong one. I’m tired of fighting my way through life, trying to be heard over the loud and clueless people that surround me. They demand attention, action, and everything will happen as they wish it to happen. Well, I am no longer ready to give up anything.
97. I am writing this because I am tired of being the strong one. I am tired of pretending everything is okay when it’s not. I am tired of carrying all the weight on my shoulders, keeping it to myself, and going through life alone.
98. I am tired of using a smile to hide all my pain. I am tired of being the strong one when everything inside me is breaking down. I am tired of running and hiding from my feelings, they are here to stay so why can’t I just let them in?
99. I am tired of being the strong and bold one. I’m tired. All I need is one person who can hold me and tell me it’s going to be okay.
100. I am tired of being the strong one. I don’t want to wear my strength anymore. I am tired of everyone’s eyes on me and everyone’s expectations.
I hope you found strength from the collection of I am tired of being strong quotes up there. Everything will be fine. Please don’t forget to share the post with others. I’d appreciate your comment too. Thank you.