How do you handle it when you have a son who is away from you and you miss him so much?
A son is one of the most important persons in the family, not even when he is the breadwinner of the family. Some sons can really be nice, caring, loving, patient, protective and hardworking. They ensure their parents are fine and stand for their siblings if any, either older or younger ones.
What then happens when someone as dear as a son is away from the parents? Maybe for education purposes, marriage, work, relocation, travel or even death. It could be really hard to hold up.
In a situation like this, as a mother or father, you would wish you could hold him close by your side every moment of the day. You would want to make him know how much you value every moment with him especially if he is reachable. You would want to tell the world how much you miss your darling son. And if he has passed on, you would want to say some things to him in heaven.
Nevertheless, you can handle missing your son by expressing it in words, and with the list of I miss my son so much quotes and messages here, you won’t run out of the right words.
I Miss You My Son Messages
I love and miss you so much, my son. I am so happy we had the time we did together! Even though I know you are in a better place, you will forever be in my heart! I will see you again someday, my dear son. Wish you the best.
1. I miss you, son. I’m so proud of you for your great work in college, best job, new car & the special girl you are dating. I love you, son.
2. I love you, baby boy, miss you so much. I hope one day I can hold you again. Maybe one day you can come back to me. I will never stop waiting for you, baby boy. I’m missing my son pretty much.
3. I love you, little bear more than anything in this world. You’re the chosen one who can bring laughter at a moment’s notice and always gets me smiling. I know you would want some silly cards on your day, but I know how strong of a young man you are deep inside. But please know that I’m here for you, always. You make me proud to be your mother.
4. I love you, my precious baby. You were taken away from me and you will never know how much that breaks my heart. I miss you so much and wish I could just hold you in my arms again…forever.”
5. I think about you every day. I do my best to show you how much I care about you with the time we spend together. It’s not enough, but I am trying. When you are ready to come home, I will be here waiting with open arms. Love always, Mommy.
6. It is hard for me to believe that you are grown and gone. It seems like it was just yesterday that I held you in my arms. We shared a special bond and I miss that the most. I love you and always will.
7. There is a big gap in my heart. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you and miss you so much. My family and friends have been a great support but I mourn for you every minute of every hour of every day. Missing you, my son. I know you will leave the prison soon.
8. This is my last Valentine’s card to you. I don’t think it will ever be possible for me to say how much I love you. The pain I feel for not being able to see you is so great, but know that I love you so very much, son.
9. I thought of you all day today. I want to be with you so bad. The weather was beautiful and we could have had a great day together. We could have gone to the mall and walked around, just me and you, just like old times. You are my best friend, son. And I still think about how much fun we could have had together.
10. I have everything I need, but can’t find it with anyone else. I want to hold you forever and never let you go. I miss you, dear son. Get well soon!
11. I miss you so much, my son and I love you more than any man could ever love a woman. Your life was cut short when you were taken from this world at such a young age, but I will never forget the love we shared. My life is empty without you in it and I will always grieve for your loss. I still think about you every day and what could have been if you were not taken from me.
12. I miss you so much, son. I remember the day we carried you here and all I could see was how alert your eyes were. They were like torches guiding the way home to us. You were such a happy baby, full of life and such a joy to be around.
13. I love you more than you will ever know! I miss you terribly and wish that your life had never taken this turn. I wish I could somehow burst through these walls and hold you in my arms like I did when you were a baby. I’ll be here for you always, always love you, Daddy.
14. I love you so much and miss you so much. If Mommy wasn’t so far away, I would give you a big hug and kiss. Be careful, little one!
15. I miss you so much! Please come home soon. Don’t worry about me, I am fine. I love you with all my heart.
16. Baby boy, I miss you so much and can’t wait to see you soon. I love you with all my heart!
17. I miss spending time with you, but I’m still proud of you. I love you more than words can say, my dear son!
18. I miss you from the second I wake up until the moment I lay my head on the pillow to go to sleep. You are my dear son with whom I’m well pleased.
19. Son, I miss you. I know that it is silly to be sad cause you will come home soon. But I still miss you with all my heart and soul now that you are gone.
20. I love you with all my heart. You are my everything. I am so proud of you, growing up into a strong young man, caring about others more than yourself, setting your goals high and achieving them with ease. I want nothing more than for you to succeed in life. You are an amazing person.
21. I love you and I hope you come back soon, dear son. Best wishes for your exams.
22. There are good days and then there are the really tough ones. It’s hard to be apart from you, but I know that it is for the best. I love you to the moon and back, always remember that!
23. I miss you so much. I can’t wait until you get back to school. I don’t know why everyone says that time flies because it feels like each day is a year. I want you here for every day of school. I love you!
24. I miss you every day more and more. I want to cuddle up on your bed and sleep with you, watch TV with you, play video games with you. I want to do everything with you. You are my little boy and I love you so much. I will always love you!
25. I love you, son. I miss your voice and the sound of your feet running down to my room. I look for you in every face I see, praying that you will be there. I don’t know what I did to deserve this kind of pain, but I guess trying to take care of someone who was too stubborn to get help when they needed it was just a big mistake.
26. You are the greatest son in the world. I love you!!! I hope you have a fun day at school and that you think of me every once in a while. I miss you!
27. I miss you, I miss your smile, your face, your thoughtfulness. I wish you were here with me right now. This year has been hard without you and I miss you dearly. I love you, son.
28. I miss you so much and I’m sorry things had to go this way. You were my light and I still think of you as my angel. I will always love you, son. Love you always! Daddy
29. I miss you so much. I think about you all the time and wish I could spend more time with you. I know everything is going to be okay, but it’s not enough. I promise to let go of the anger and forgive you; I don’t want it to ruin our relationship and the bond we share. I love you and will never stop missing you until we can hold each other again for real.
30. I miss you so much. There’s an empty place in my heart that I never knew was there until you left. But, I would take every ounce of hurt, every tear shed, every sleepless night because it reminds me of all the things you mean to me. I want you to know how much your love means to me and how much I love you!
32. My dearest baby boy, I love you like the stars and the moon. I’m so glad you found your way into my heart. You bring me such joy and happiness that no one else could ever bring to me. You are my special gift from God, just for me. I look at my life now with you, and I cannot see how it ever was without you!
33. Life goes on without you here. The pain doesn’t get easier. I don’t cry anymore. It just hurts. Every day is a challenge, but I know you are watching over me. I miss your laugh so much! I love you so much!!
34. Every thought, every waking moment, every breath that I take reminds me of you.
35. I miss you so much, son. I love you more than you will ever know. Every night before I go to sleep I pray that one day, I will hug you again and tell you how much I love you. Son, I need your smile to light up my world again; without you, everything is so dark.
36. Daddy, I miss you already. How I wish I could hold you in my arms, To kiss your soft cheek, And to relish in the simple things… Your laugh, your smile, The look in your eyes that betrays nothing but pure love. My son, my sweet son. I will forever cherish the precious memories spent with you.
37. I miss you so much, my son, but I know you are safe now, free from the bondage of your addiction, free from the pain and hurt that once controlled your life. You have a whole new life ahead of you, a life that will be filled with love and hope and peace. I promise to be at your side each step of the way fighting for a clean and sober future for you. I love you so much, my son!
38. I miss you so much, my heart is broken that I have to be without you. I’m sending our love a million a day, a trillion a minute and squillion a second to keep you in my thoughts and in my heart.
39. I miss you so much! You are my world, without you, I am lost. You bring happiness to every day of my life. It doesn’t matter where I’m at or what I’m doing, as long as you are here with me. I love you more than anything in the world.
40. I haven’t seen you in over a year, and I know you are doing well, but I just wanted to tell you that I miss you so much. Not a single day has passed without me thinking of you. If only I could see your smile just one more time, my life would be complete.
My Son I Miss You Quotes
I miss you so much it hurts. I have a big heart and when it is broken, it really hurts. I feel so alone without you here with me, but my heart is so full of love because of you. You are the most amazing thing in my life and no one will ever take your place. Love you, son.
41. Where do I begin? I love you more than words can say. You bring such joy to my life and those around you. I miss your laugh and the silly things you used to say as a child. I can hear your dorky laugh as if you were standing behind me right now. You have taught me so much in the short time we had together. Everything about you drives me crazy and at the same time makes me happy.
42. I really miss you. I just wanted to tell you that I love you very much and not to forget this. It’s hard here without you. I’m always thinking about you, but I think that if we would see each other it will be easier for both of us… Are you well? Are you eating well? If it is possible, can you please send me some photos?
43. I know we were together for such a short period of time and you still don’t remember me, but I wish I could hold you again. I would give anything to hold you in my arms once more and remember how special you are.
44. I Love you more than you will ever know. I miss your giggling, your snuggles, holding you in my arms, and it is that missing that reminds me of your mommy. Every day I want to be the dad I never was before. That is why I am writing this to tell you I love you forever and will love you always.
45. It’s been a year and I still miss you like crazy. I wish we could talk and laugh like we used to. I know this may seem crazy because you are my son, but you were my best friend for 17 years! I miss the bike rides, the football games and hanging out. You made me laugh more than anyone else ever could and no matter what was going on, I could count on you to lift me up and cheer me up.
46. I miss you more than anything in the world! I want to go back and relive every moment with you. I want to hear your voice, feel your touch and see your smile one last time. I am so sorry for not being there when you needed me most. All I could do was send love from afar and hope it helped you get through.
47. I miss you so much and wish you were here with me. I love and miss everything about you, your laugh, your smile, and even your tears. I love you forever, son.
48. I know it has been hard for you, but please know that I love YOU and miss YOU more than anything. I don’t mind the time apart as long as we see each other soon. I love you, baby!
49. I wish I could be there to hold you and kiss you. You are such a sweet boy. The way you light up when I call makes my heart melt. I love you to the moon and back!
50. So many times, I see you in my dreams. Together we laugh and play, and sometimes you cry to me in my arms. You tell me that you miss me and will never forget me. The next day when I wake from the dream, I cry from missing you. Without a doubt, I love you more than life itself – Dad
51. Son, I miss you so much. I just want you to be home. I know you have a lot of work to do and that your being there is very important, but that doesn’t stop me from missing you. Hope you get time to call me soon!
52. I know you’re no longer with me, but you will always be with me. My heart aches for you and misses you terribly, yet it beats with joy for what we had – a love so great I can not find the words. I know that someday we will be together again.
53. My son, I miss you so much. I love you so much. You are my one true love. Without you in my life, I’m nothing. I still think about you every day and will until the day I die.
54. I just wanted to tell you that I love you very much. I miss you being here every day to see your smiling face, hear your laughter, and watch how excited you get over everything. I know you are doin’ really well, but I wish you were right here beside me instead of so far away.
55. I love you so much. I miss you more than anything in the world. I just wish I could hold you close to me. You were taken from me too soon. I thought we had more time, but your time ended too quickly. Love you forever, son.
56. I love you, son. I miss you already. I wish you were here with me too. I hope your engagement went well and that you had fun with your friends. I love you so much!
57. I miss you every day!! My heart breaks not having you here with me. I hope someday your future will be brighter and happier.
58. My little man, I miss you so much. You may not be here with me, but you are always in my heart. I love you and will always hold a special place for you in my heart. Know that I will never forget the joy you brought to my life.
59. I miss you so much, son. My life has felt so empty each day since I didn’t have you to rely on or come home to. I wanted to take you back every time I thought of it but then, I know where you are is best for you. Wishing you well.
60. Son, you are my inspiration! I’m doing the best I can. Work is stressful but you always pick me up. I love you so much and I miss you more than anything!
61. Even though we haven’t seen each other in a while, you are always in my thoughts. I miss you so much. I will see you in a few days and I can’t wait for you to be on holiday. I love you with all my heart.
62. Son, I want you to know that no matter where I am, I will always love you. No one could ever replace you in my heart. I miss you, dear.
63. As time goes on, I miss you more and more, but I’m sure that it just takes time for this whole thing to sink in. I love you, son.
64. I miss you, son and I love you more than life itself. I wish that you could be here with me and I promise to spoil you with all the hugs and kisses.
65. When you left, I thought my world had stopped. I have been so sad without you here. My heart is broken that you are gone from here forever. I love you with all my heart and miss you so much! Love, Mommy
66. I miss you SO much already. I don’t know how I am supposed to go on without seeing your face every day…It will only be a couple of days but it feels like forever. I can’t wait to hug you and see your shining face. You are my shining star, my little ray of sunshine! I love you so much!!!
67. Every day, I wish you were here and every night, I pray you to make it through the war and come home safely. I miss and love you so much, my brave son.
68. I miss you, I miss your smile, I miss your voice. I wonder if you know how much you are missed, son.
69. I know I don’t write too often but I miss you so much. Whenever I take a walk and see your tree, I smile and think of you. And whenever something really crazy happens at home all I can do is laugh and wish that you were here. I miss you here, son.
70. I just want you to know that I miss you terribly. My heart feels so broken without you. I really don’t want to go on without my baby, but I know one day, we will be together again. There is not so much more I want to tell you than to say I miss you.
Touching I Miss My Son Quotes
You are the light of my life, son. Every day, I miss you just a little bit more and it’s quite touching. Someday soon, I will hold you in my arms again and watch you turn into a man. I know the first thing I will do is shed tears of joy that you are safe at home again.
71. Darling, I miss you so much. Your idea of love goes beyond anything I have ever known. You are amazing, you are all I have wanted in a son and so much more. You have enriched my life more than I can say, and I will never stop loving you!
72. I miss you so much, little man. I wish you were here with me, just to hold you close would be amazing. To have your sweet little face looking up at me while you play. I love you more than anything in the world!
73. This is the first time I am writing to you. I just can’t stop thinking of you all day and night. I know it is not easy for you but I hope things will be better for you too. My thoughts are with you every moment of the day, son.
74. Hi son, It has been a while since we’ve spoken and I miss the talks we had. I love you and always will. Love, dad.
75. Son, you are my everything. You are so amazing. I wish I could be with you every day. I miss you so much. I love you!
76. Hey son, I haven’t spoken to you in a long time. I miss the phone chats we used to have. I know you can’t call me, but when you get a chance, you should pick up the phone. I love you, son.
77. I do my best every day not to miss you more and more, but with every passing moment, it gets harder. Can’t wait for the holidays, son.
78. I miss you more than you could ever know. You are my past, present and future. I love you so much! Also, I’m sorry for being a bad father but I hope it gets better when I get to go home.
79. I miss you tremendously. Every day, I’m thankful that your mommy let me spend enough time with you to be your daddy, then she took you away. Hopefully, soon, our family can get back together again. I know that will happen someday, but until then, I’ll be here missing you more and more every day.
80. I miss the beautiful sound of your voice and your sweet spirit. I don’t think it’s possible to miss someone so much and not tear up every time you think about them. I will never get over losing you. You were so young, so full of life and love. I’m begging God to give me another chance at being your mommy.
81. Oh, how I miss you! You are my son. You’re funny, smart, kind-hearted, and loving. I wish I could hug you so tightly. I hope you know that no matter what happens, mommy will always love you.
82. I miss you so much, my sweet boy. I’m not ready to let go. I love you.
83. I was thinking about you earlier today. My mind just went blank for a moment and all I could think of was how much I miss you, son.
84. You are the only thing, the only one who truly makes me happy. I am so thankful to have you in my life. I miss you so much…you are truly my heartbeat
85. I miss you, baby boy. I hope you are doing well in Heaven and looking down at us. I know we will see each other again in Heaven and there we can be together forever and ever and always and then some. I love you.
86. I miss you so much it hurts. I cry every day. It’s not enough to see you in pictures or hear your voice in my dreams anymore. I need to hold you in my arms and tell you that I love you every night.
87. Son, I love you! I wish I could be home every weekend like we used to. I miss you and love you always and forever and I can’t wait to come home and see you soon.
88. My heart is so heavy. I’m missing you so much right now. I grieve for you every day. I’m so sorry, my baby boy.
89. Dear son, Just want to let you know that I love you very much. It seems like it has been forever since I have seen your face — please come home soon! Daddy misses you terribly.
90. Dear son, I love you more than you will ever know. I miss you so much and wish that I was still there with you. I know that I made the right decision coming back to my own home.
91. I miss you so much. I love you. Remember it’s always better to make memories than to keep everything to yourself like me. I want to be there for everything with you, but I can’t be there right now. I’m so sorry, but know that I will be there as soon as I can!
92. I know you miss us too. I wish so much that I could turn back the clock but since I can’t, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you.
93. Wow! When did you grow up?! You are no longer my little baby boy. You are on the verge of becoming a man. I am at a loss for words, I’ve never been more proud. I am so lucky to be your mother and I love you more than you will ever know baby boy! I will miss you when you are away.
94. The first time I saw you, a million thoughts ran through my heart, a million thoughts ran through my head, and a million smiles crossed my face. I love you so much more than you will ever know.
95. Son, I love you. When you left, I miss you all the time. I’m tired of missing my boy. When are you going to come home?
96. I wish you could stay here with me. I can’t stand the fact that you are so far away, I miss you every second that you are gone. Please come home soon, I just want to hold you in my arms until the sun rises. I love you, little one!
97. The day you were born was the best day of my life. I never thought I could love anyone so much, but little did I know that day I fell in love with you. You are my world and everything I do is to make sure you have everything you ever need to be successful in life. I miss you, son.
98. I love you so much. I wish I could hold you, kiss you and tell you how much I miss you. I wish you could see me doing your favourite things just to see a smile on your beautiful face. You will forever be in my heart, son.
99. I’m missing you so much right now that my heart is crying for you. I want to hold you in my arms and give you a hug. I wish I could see your smile again. You are my life, my world, my everything! I love you so very much.
100. Right now, I’m missing you very much. I think about you whether I am awake or asleep. I think about how you are feeling, what your day is like, things you like to do and how you’re doing in school. You are my whole world, my greatest accomplishment and the biggest blessing in my life.
It can be quite amazing how the absence of your son can take you off balance. That is nature! That’s how strong the bond between a child and parent could get.
Well, you have done the right thing to want to express how much you miss your son. That could be a relief, who knows? I hope you achieve your reason for being here with the touching I miss so much quotes up there.
If you do, kindly let me know in the comments box and share with other parents in your shoes. Thanks.