Basketball is not just about shooting hoops, making passes and falling in love with the game itself. The sport serves the greater purpose of igniting your soul and firing you up to achieve success in life.
Basketball is a sport that requires speed, agility and strength to play. To create the optimal environment for these attributes to be developed, you must bring the inner fire out of you. Your inner fire will bring confidence that rises above pure physical talent.
Everyone needs the right inspiration to help them on their way and this is no different for basketball players. When you spend hours practising every day learning new moves and shooting hundreds of shots, you need a little inspiration. And these inspirational quotes for basketball players can help give that to you.
Inspirational Quotes for Basketball Players
Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, sometimes it rains and sometimes the sun shines brightly. Just stick to your story and trust your skills. Believe in yourself, work hard, and you’ll be a winner—not just in basketball, but in life.
1. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
2. Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.
3. If you don’t want to go where the road leads, then don’t pick up the sword.
4. Don’t be afraid to push past your comfort zone—in grooming, style, and in life. Always Keep on Growing.
5. Stay focused on your goals, and remember that anything is possible. Whoever says you can’t do something probably just hasn’t seen you play yet.
6. Stay hungry, stay focused, and play like there’s no tomorrow.
7. I’m not worried about the future, I’m focused on the present. Today is life.
8. The difference between those who succeed and those who fail can be measured in hours of preparation.
9. It’s not about how hard you can hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
10. The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical.
11. Keep your mind on the prize and all that you desire shall be yours.
12. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
13. It’s in the moments that take your breath away that you find out who you are.
14. The hustle never stops. A step back is only a setback if you don’t take two steps forward.
15. Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.
16. Don’t believe you’re capable of greatness. Because you are.
17. You don’t have to go far from home to make a difference—you can start with the three feet of space between your ears.
18. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
19. You can have everything you want in life if you will just help enough other people get what they want.
20. Do not pray for an easier life; pray for stronger muscles.
21. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
22. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the best game of your life.
23. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. Use your imagination to conquer the mountains in front of you.
24. It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s how many times you get back up.
25. You can’t let praise or criticism get to you. It’s a weakness to get caught up in either one.
26. When you step onto the court, it’s about one thing and one thing only: getting your hands on the gold.
27. Work hard. Stay humble. Play with passion. Respect and appreciate your opponents. Love your fans.
28. Never be intimidated by the opponent or playfield or situation. Remember, every shot you miss is one you’ll never regret.
29. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
30. Every day gives me a chance to make yesterday a memory—instead of tomorrow’s regret.
31. The competition isn’t always to be the fastest, or the strongest. It’s about winning every play, even if it’s your last.
32. Basketball doesn’t build character, it reveals it. And that’s something to celebrate.
33. Winners make things happen—and that’s what I try to do on the court.
34. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.
35. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
36. Chase your passion. Go for it. Put all your heart and soul into it, and believe in yourself. Keep making that effort to find success in all areas of your life. If you do, the results will follow.
37. We all can impact, inspire, and shape tomorrow as we do today. It’s called just do it.
38. Love the game, love the work. Improve your game, don’t compare it.
39. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up
40. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you realize how strong you are, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
41. Failure may be the fuel in the furnace of success. The circumstances of life must be used to fan the flame, not to extinguish it.
42. Aim for the moon, if you miss you will land among the stars.
43. When you feel like quitting, remember why you started and keep moving.
44. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. Focus on your own game and keep working hard.
45. Don’t let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do. You’re the only one who knows your body, your dreams, and your capabilities.
46. You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.
47. When you think it cannot get better, you are wrong. When you think it cannot get worse, you are also wrong. The truth is that life is what you make of it.
48. The moment you decide to step up is the moment you take charge of your life.
49. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
50. Making hard choices, giving our all, and staying focused is what we do best. Believe in yourself. We are with you.
51. Be confident in your ability, work hard, and don’t be afraid to fail.
52. Live not in the past, don’t dream of the future, and concentrate the mind on the present moment.
53. Work hard, stay humble, and always put in the extra effort. You’ll reap the rewards.
54. Some goals can only be reached through sacrifice and hard work, do not doubt that yours can be achieved too. Never give up.
55. To keep growing, you have to stay hungry. You have to stay focused on your next achievement because it will lead to the next.
56. The harder you work, the stronger you are. You can’t let anyone keep you from that.
57. Never lose sight of the fact that the new person you are becoming is the real you.
58. Failure is not falling, failure is staying down when you are knocked down.
59. I believe that whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you stronger.
60. You can’t become what you need to be by remaining what you are.
61. If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
62. Basketball is a game for those who aren’t afraid to work hard and play hard
63. Be a player of the game and not just a spectator. Improve your game every day.
64. Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.
65. Pick your teammates wisely. They’re more important than the rebounds, the points, and the wins.
66. We are always training for the next game. Practice is what is going to make you better.
67. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
68. I believe that anything can be accomplished if you’re willing to work hard.
69. There’s a huge difference between wanting to win and being willing to do whatever it takes to win.
70. The main thing is to never stop trying to do what you want to do.
71. Never stop working on your game, never stop giving your all. Dedication is the key to success.
72. Let go of the fear of being perfect, and being real. It’s the only way to be yourself
73. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog that matters.
74. Get your bounce on in the fall. Challenge yourself to try new things and grow your game to new heights.
75. True glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back.
76. The ability to accept criticism and change for the better is one of the most important traits a point guard can have.
77. Trying to reach the goal is easy. Staying dedicated and focused through the whole process is the hard part.
78. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long.
79. Whom you play for is more important than how much you play.
80. Don’t be afraid to have high expectations of yourself. Be willing to become the greatest version of yourself
81. Give me that old time religion lifting higher than the rooftops raising higher than the trees.
82. Pressure is when a lot of people are counting on you. You don’t feel pressure, you feel privileged.
83. Like they say: The key to success is to keep growing bigger, and faster, than your competition.
84. When people say you can’t do something, prove them wrong. Always aim high and be excited when others tell you no.
85. If you can’t do the little things right, you won’t be able to do the big things in life.
86. If you can’t do it for the one you love, then don’t do it.
87. When you define yourself by your limits, you disconnect yourself from your limitless potential.
88. Never let go of that uncomfortable feeling, push yourself until you break through. It’s better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie.
89. Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
90. Those who want to reach a high mountain peak must climb their way up step by step. And those who want to reach a lofty goal must first train themselves daily.
91. To get better at what you’re doing, you have to do what you’re not doing.
92. Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy.
93. Basketball is a metaphor for life. To win the game, you first have to play the game.
94. To be the player you’ve always been, never forget that you got to where you are today because of where you began.
95. Believe in yourself no matter what, remember that you are awesome and there is nothing you can’t do.
96. What separates winners from losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
97. It’s not about how hard you can hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
98. If you love basketball, then stay focused on yourself. Love what you do and always get better at it.
99. That’s what makes you special, that courage to go out there and do it. To be yourself. That’s what makes you beautiful.
100. Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. Sport can bring out the best in you.
101. Be obsessed. Be committed. Be focused. Be persistent. The extra effort you give today will reward you with a greater tomorrow!
102. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
103. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
104. You can’t always bring everyone with you but you can always bring motivation.
105. Always remember to play with power, speed, endurance, and accuracy.
106. It’s not whether you win or lose; it’s how you play the game.
107. Pressure is a privilege. It’s the opportunity to make something of yourself when everything is on the line.
108. Whether you are going for it or going for a layup, make sure to have fun with whatever you do.
109. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Not even me.
110. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
111. Nothing can stop you if you’re committed to your goal.
112. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
113. Dribble awake. Wake up every morning, on top of the world. Because basketball is awesome, and you can be awesome at it.
114. The desire to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
115. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself beyond your limits. Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s the risk that makes you grow.
116. You have to have a certain determination, a certain attitude. You have to be hungry. There’s no substitute for hunger.
117. Failure is the stepping stone to success. We all fail at some point, but without it, we never learn or grow.
118. The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.
119. Don’t be afraid of the fall, because without the fall there is no spring.
Being a basketball player is not all about the size of your height and it is not just the skills that you have. It is also about the heart and determination you have. I hope these inspirational quotes for basketball players were helpful. Feel free to share this post with any basket player that you know. Thanks.