An athlete is a person who competes in one of the many sports that are out there. This can include anything from track and field to basketball, etc. Student-athletes usually already have a lot on their plate. They’re in school, they practice, sometimes play on other teams, and have even more homework than the average person. Student-athletes are called student-athletes for a reason — they’re students first. They represent their school and community.
Student-athletes are people just like you. Sure, they might be more active and focused on the topics which interest them. But the truth is that it’s good to be a student-athlete. To be successful in any student athlete’s life, you need to stay motivated. Why not surround yourself with motivational quotes that will eventually help you to be successful in your academic career?
Here is a compiled list of inspirational quotes for student athletes. These quotes will help keep you focused while you pursue your goal of being an athlete at the collegiate, recreational level, or even in your high school.
Inspirational Quotes for Student Athletes
Student-athletes are sometimes forgotten in the classroom as they are always focused on their athletic endeavours. They’re pushing themselves to be their best and putting all of their energy into training. In many ways, their coaches become like family to them because they’re around them so often.
1. To be a student-athlete you have to wake up champ every day.
2. Dear student-athlete, today is the day. Go out there and be the best you can be! Wake up and conquer the world – one day at a time.
3. As a student-athlete, when you become part of a team, you have a family.
4. A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talent, works his tail off to develop it into skill, and positively uses this skill.
5. Dear student-athletes, there’s no playing around when it comes to handing in your assignments. You’re on a team, and that means you win together, or you lose together.
6. As a student-athlete, you have to realize that practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only through repetition, can you master your craft.
7. Dear student-athlete, the starting line is where dreams are made, goals are achieved and greatness is earned.
8. Dear student-athlete, don’t let setbacks get the best of you. Get better from mistakes, and use them as opportunities for growth.
9. Dear student-athletes, your success as competitors is directly related to your commitment to training and practice.
10. Are you ready to take it to the next level? Take a look at the visual workouts and plans we have created for you here. Make your workout routine more effective.
11. As a student-athlete, you don’t win the game in the first quarter, nor do you win it at the final buzzer. You win the game in the moments that decide it.
12. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. Believe that you are unstoppable.
13. As a student-athlete, you must accept the challenges and the doubts and face them. They are a part of life that helps us grow.
14. Dear student-athletes, it’s not the will to win that matters-everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.
15. As a student-athlete, work hard. Be humble. Have fun. Do your best. Repeat training
16. Dear student-athlete, you can’t let the fear of striking out hold you back. Strike out the fear.
17. As a student-athlete, you have to believe in the power of hard work and practice.
18. No matter what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, you’re always a winner.
19. Sometimes you have to lose the game to win your dreams.
20. Dear student-athlete, greatness is not a singular act. It isn’t a moment in time. It’s an ongoing process of preparation, hard work, and then more hard work.
21. When you play with passion, you win.
22. Dear student-athlete, work hard, train harder, believe in yourself, and you will succeed.
23. When you fall in life, the hardest thing to do is get back on the horse. You’re stronger than you think you are. Success to you this season.
24. As a student-athlete, go after your dreams and fight for what you want.
25. Dear student-athlete, work hard, stay humble, and keep improving. You can’t fail to do that.
26. Success is a ladder that can be climbed using determination, grit, and self-confidence.
27. Dear student-athlete, always focus on the next play.
27. When you get knocked down, get back up, when you fall off the horse, get right back on.
28. As a student-athlete, you have to understand that there are no shortcuts in life. You’ve got to put in the time and effort.
29. Dear student-athlete, the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
30. Dear student-athlete, the best of the rest are all just good – but you can be the best.
31. Don’t wait for the game to be over to honour your team. At the end of every quarter, stop, look around, and applaud the ones who made you their best.
32. Whether you’re a team of one or a team of 1,000, success comes down to having the right players in the right positions.
33. Dear student-athlete, a little celebration can go a long way. Remember to stop, look around, and applaud the ones who made you their best–no matter what “game” you’re playing.
34. Dear student-athlete, stop what you’re doing, hold that applause, and give it up for the MVPs. They made us their best.
35. A moment was all it took for your team to show what they were made of. Now, it’s your turn. Let them know who’s got their back by giving every play the energy it deserves.
36. Dear student-athlete, whether it’s during the game or at practice, always acknowledge and encourage your team.
37. The only way to win the game is to stop playing. With that in mind, pause the game, look around the stadium, and thank your fans for being there to support you.
38. Dear student-athletes, game time starts now. Embrace the competition, honour your team and celebrate your sport in style.
39. Celebrate the small victories to show your team you care, and to build confidence along the way.
40. Each game can be a journey, so count your players down on the sidelines, not rushing to a finish.
41. Ready, set, play! From sports to tailgating and more, each game day will bring you close to the action.
42. Dear student-athlete, no matter your age, you’ll be inspired by the fierce dedication and unwavering spirit shown by your favourite team and their fans.
43. Nothing can stop you from becoming great at what you do. So go out there, be the best you can be, and make your mark.
44. Dear student-athlete, set new goals that will increase your ability to fight through adversity. You can become a champion of life.
45. Never let go of your dreams. There’s not a person who succeeded that didn’t have to overcome stumbling blocks to get there.
46. The key to winning is teamwork. The key to teamwork is trust. The key to trust is communication. The key to communication is humility.
47. Nothing is more powerful than an ordinary person who dares to believe that they can make a difference. Dear student-athlete, go make a difference.
48. To succeed, we must first believe that we can. And then, we must endure to the end.
49. Dear student-athlete, it’s not just about what you do when you’re on the field, it’s also about what you do when you’re off the field.
50. Dear student-athlete, don’t be afraid to fail. That’s how you learn.
Words of Encouragement for Student Athletes
Being a student-athlete can be hard but don’t get me wrong it is one of the most rewarding experiences you could ever have. The work that you put in will never go unrecognized. It takes passion, hard work and dedication to be the best. You are already there.
51. Prepare for your game like you’re about to step onto the court – play hard, and leave everything out on the court.
52. Dear student-athlete, nothing worth having comes easy; sacrifice, hard work, focus—these are the things that will make you great.
53. Dear student-athlete, don’t let anything stop you from being a great athlete.
54. It’s not the size of the fight in the dog, it’s the size of the fight in the athlete.
55. Dear student-athlete, take time to become a beginner again, the master of your own life.
56. The struggle of being a student-athlete can be overwhelming, but you are stronger than your obstacles.
57. Winners are not afraid of losing. They are afraid of failing to win.
not playing for yourself, you’re playing for your school. It’s not about getting your name in the newspaper, it’s about making your community proud.
58. Work hard in the classroom and on the field. Go get ’em!
59. Coach says I’m working hard and playing smarter, so maybe it’s not so crazy to believe I can win the starting job this time.
60. Dear student-athlete, don’t let anyone tell you your dreams are too big. Give it all you got this season, and remember to keep smiling.
61. Hard work in the off-season leads to greatness in the game. When you’re ready to put up, we’ll be there with a ball and a smile.
62. How to get yourself ready for game day? Get to the gym early, eat a pre-workout meal, maintain proper hydration and most importantly believe that you can’t fail.
63. Dear student-athletes, as we begin a new chapter in our lives, let’s make it the best one yet. We’re in this together.
64. The dedication, commitment, hard work and sacrifice it takes to be the best you can be both physically and mentally as a student-athlete is an incredibly rewarding journey.
65. Dear student-athlete, the difference between winning and losing is mental toughness. Train your mind to win.
66. Come on, now. Don’t be afraid to reach for your goals, run faster than you ever have before, and work harder than you’ve ever worked before. You can do this.
67. Dear student-athlete, never give up. Believe in yourself, work hard and you can overcome anything.
68. When you walk onto that court, give it everything you’ve got. Train harder than the rest, because you never know when it’s all going to come together.
69. When you walk onto that court, you need to give it all you’ve got. Train harder than the rest because it might not happen for you overnight, but it will come together if you put the work in.
70. Dear student-athlete, train hard. Give everything. Because you’ll never know when it’s all going to come together.
71. If you want to be the best in basketball, you have to train harder than everyone else. Because when that moment comes, you only get one shot at it.
72. Enter that court with confidence and fire. Train the way it’ll help you win. Because your hard work pays off.
73. Focus on what you can control, and work harder than the other guys. One day, you will have a breakout game, and make the highlight reel.
74. As a coach, nothing is more rewarding than seeing a student succeed in athletics. You push them to give their all in every practice and game, because you know that’s exactly how champions are made.
75. A lot of people will always tell you that you’re the best. But when you’re not, keep pushing. Work hard, and things will fall into place.
76. Dear student-athlete, we know it’s tough, but you got this. We believe in you. You can do it!
77. You can be as great as you choose to be! All it takes is hard work, dedication, and a team that supports you.
78. Dear student-athlete, it’s time to fight harder than ever before. It’s time to be the best.
79. You know that feeling when you want to keep going? Follow those instincts. Don’t stop until you’ve pushed yourself beyond what you thought was possible.
80. Dear student-athlete, congratulations on your first win of the season. Keep up the great work, and stay focused.
81. Don’t let the pressure of making the game-winning shot get to you. You can handle it. Trust your training, trust yourself.
82. Never give up on your dreams – you only get one chance at this life. Make it count.
83. Keep working hard, never lose sight of your goals, and savour every moment. There are so many ways to win in life.
84. Dear student-athlete, if you give it your all, you can achieve anything!
85. Dear student-athlete, don’t let the challenges that are thrown at you in the game define who you are as a person. People will try to break you down, but stay true to yourself and your play.
86. Don’t stop, keep putting your maximum effort in, and don’t let anyone tell you that “you can’t”.
87. Dear student-athlete, get out there and make every rep dramatic, make climbing every rope a life or death experience. Make each set the most important set of your life. Go lift with urgency and purpose.
88. The only thing standing between you and your goals is the doubt in your mind. Believe in yourself, that’s all it takes.
89. Dear student-athlete, it doesn’t matter if you’re at the top or the bottom, as long as you keep going.
90. Don’t make impulsive decisions when on or off the field. Good luck, play smart and know you’re always in good hands with the rest of the team.
91. After all the hard work you put into the season, it’s time to bring it home. Play your heart out, and be proud of what you achieve.
92. Dear student-athlete, when you’re going through hell and nothing can keep you from getting to your goal, remember that there are thousands of people who love and believe in you.
93. Even if you’re an under-the-radar player, stay hungry and motivated because every play comes down to the final seconds. Stay aggressive, and trust your instincts.
94. You’re a champion. You’re a star. Whether you have the right team or not, always shine bright.
95. When the going gets rough and no one believes in you, remember: keep pushing. You can do it.
96. Dear student-athlete, it’s all about the journey, not the result. Never stop striving for greatness.
97. Don’t let your fear of failure stop you from trying.
98. Have a game plan, make a plan B, and work hard to achieve your goals. It all starts with the first step. Be ready to grind.
99. If you want it, fight for it. Work out a plan, then work your plan to perfection. You got this!
100. Dear student-athlete, the best is yet to come, so keep training, and working hard.
I hope you find the collection of inspirational quotes for student athletes I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends.