Unhealthy relationships are everywhere in the world and it’s the cause of distress to both men and women. Relationships should not hinder one’s growth. This is true for a professional, social, and especially personal life.
Unhealthy relationships are the most toxic and can be difficult to recognize. Because you love them, and you’re accustomed to their presence throughout the last however many years, it’s difficult to remove yourself from that situation.
Letting go of bad relationships can be hard but staying in them is harder. It may be disappointing to let go of a relationship that is unhealthy. But holding on for the sake of it won’t make you feel better. In fact, it will have the opposite effect; the longer you hold on, the deeper you’ll bury yourself in the unhealthy relationship.
If you have been the victim of a relationship in which the only means of communication was yelling, screaming or name-calling then you are most likely wondering how to let go of an unhealthy relationship.
The profound quotes on letting go of unhealthy relationships help individuals see reasons to detach. They are quotes to help yourself or anyone come out of an unhealthy or toxic relationship. They are not far away! Below, you will find a collection of letting go of unhealthy relationships quotes.
Letting Go of Unhealthy Relationships Quotes
Let go of an unhealthy relationship for the sake of your mental health. It may be difficult to let go of a relationship that you’ve put so much time and effort into, but sometimes letting go is the best thing for everyone involved.
1. Sometimes you have to get rid of toxic people from your life, so you can make room for positivity and self-love.
2. If things aren’t working out the way you wanted, then it’s time for a change. It’s time to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values, morals and self-worth!
3. If someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation.
4. The sad thing about being in a toxic relationship is that it’s incredibly hard to see it when you’re in it. It’s better to get out of it as early as you realize it.
5. The first step in moving on from a bad relationship is deciding that you want better for yourself. You deserve better than constant arguing, disrespect, or disinterest.
6. Even if your partner isn’t abusive, if they don’t show any interest in being part of a real relationship then you deserve better. The only person who can make that choice for yourself is you.
7. You can’t start the next phase of your life if you keep dwelling on the last one. Let go of unhealthy relationships and go for what you truly deserve.
8. If someone wants to be in your life, they’ll thrive to be in it. Don’t bother creating a space for someone who doesn’t make thrive to stay in your heart.
9. Letting go means coming to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
10. One of the happiest moments ever is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
11. Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over. But it’ll only take some time to get over it.
12. The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
13. When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
13. It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.
14. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
15. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
16. Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.
17. Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
18. You’ve got to stop living your life for someone else and do what’s right for you, even if it hurts.
19. Sometimes you have to let go of the unhealthy relationship to find out if there was anything worth having in the first place.
20. Don’t keep holding on when there is nothing there.
21. It is better to be alone than in a toxic relationship.
22. It’s hard to let go when you don’t want to. It’s even harder when you know you have to. But sometimes, letting go is the only way to move forward.
23. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting. It just means accepting that some things weren’t meant to be and appreciating the memories you had together.
24. Sometimes we hold onto something so tightly because we’re afraid of losing it, but what we fail to realize is that if we never let go, we will never know what we’re missing out on.
25. Sometimes, it’s better to let go and move on so you can grow.
26. You can’t control other people, but you can control yourself.
27. You deserve to be with someone who makes your heart smile. Let go of any unhealthy relationship.
28. Letting go of unhealthy relationships is hard but it is healthier than holding on to one for too long.
29. If you are allowing someone to walk all over you, chances are that it is because you believe that is what you deserve in the relationship. Change this thought and change the dynamic of the relationship!
30. Sometimes, no matter how much two people love each other, they just aren’t meant to be together.
31. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
32. It’s so hard to let go of the people you love. We feel that if we just wait for a little longer, they will change themselves and come back to us. But the truth is that people won’t change unless they really want to.
33. You don’t need someone else to make you happy, you’ve got this on your own. Don’t ever change yourself for anyone else.
34. If your partner has no interest in changing and you are in constant pain and despair, you should go your separate ways.
35. If you have to constantly “prove” you are in a good relationship, it’s not good. If you have to walk on eggshells, it’s not good. If you can’t be yourself, it’s not good.
36. Don’t make excuses for toxic behaviour in the name of love. Love is kind and supportive. It doesn’t tear down or belittle.
37. There are so many things in life that we cannot control. But what we can control is how we react to the situations and people we encounter.
38. You have the power to change your life by controlling the negative energy that comes into it, so surround yourself with only positive people who bring out the best in you and make you feel good about yourself.
39. Letting go and moving on is not about winning or losing. It’s about saving yourself from unnecessary pain.
40. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
41. You are responsible for your own happiness and can let go of unhealthy relationships that don’t serve you well.
42. Don’t be afraid to let go of the people who keep dragging you down. You deserve better than that.
43. If are in a relationship and it’s not moving anywhere, it’s time for me to take that as a hint. And move on!
44. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Let go of unhealthy relationships.
45. Never, ever force yourself on someone who continuously overlooks your worth. And remember, it’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow.
46. Don’t be afraid to run away from people who threaten your joy!
47. Don’t wait around for someone who only sees your worth during times of convenience or crisis. When people show loyalty to you and respect your feelings, care for those people and unapologetically remove anyone who doesn’t from your life.
48. Some relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting them back together.
49. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. Let go of unhealthy relationships.
50. If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave. It’s hard to completely let go of unhealthy relationships, but the more you do, the easier it gets.
Unhealthy relationships can be extremely damaging mentally, physically and financially. Sometimes it takes a while for people to see the signs of an unhealthy relationship, but if you continue to put up with negative behaviours or deal with bad treatment, you’ll lose that focus on what’s around you.
Whether it’s a spouse, a child, an employee or even a friend, the letting go of unhealthy relationships quotes here will always be of help to encourage someone to let go and appreciate themselves.