Having a baby can be one of life’s most amazing, transformative experiences, and different people have different thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about birth. How they experience birth has the potential to transform their lives forever in immeasurable ways. The most exciting and important thing about birth is that it is a personal experience.
While some women want no interference, some want the midwives to be there for the whole process. Birth is work and personal accomplishment. Beautifully, our bodies will adapt to the changes needed to make childbirth a peaceful and safe experience.
Birth to some may be the most important event in their lives. It marks the end of nine months of anticipation and the beginning of new life, family, home and love. While there are various ways to give birth, from home birth to hospital birth and everything in between, there’s no one right way to have your baby.
That’s why it’s so important to choose a midwife who cares deeply about safety and comfort and shares your birth philosophy. Here are some quotes about the birth you may find helpful if you’re looking at birthing options or trying to choose a care provider from the midwives’ perspective.
These quotes have been used by midwives for quite some time now and will continue to be used in future by midwives not just in their day-to-day practice but also as they educate other health care providers, especially obstetricians. Each birth is unique and presents its own set of problems.
Thus, proper education and training will help an individual deliver a healthy baby vaginally and even prevent C-section births. It’s been a pleasure to collate these midwife quotes about birth to help inspire you. Midwives are warm, witty, wise women who know much about birth. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we did!
Midwife Quotes About Birth
Birth is a process that takes place between the mother-to-be or mother and her baby. It is not a medical procedure that can be scheduled or controlled by anyone other than those two people’s body features. You just have to co-operate with the midwives’ instructions per time for safe delivery.
1. Birth is a beautiful thing. It happens in the most unlikely of places, with people you’ll never meet again, yet it brings joy to your whole life.
2. When you’re pregnant, you feel like you’re the only person in the world with morning sickness, swollen ankles, or heartburn. And then you go into labour and realize that every woman on the planet has been through what you’re going through.
3. Birth is an experience that can change your life. It can fill you with wonder or bring about profound sadness. But it doesn’t matter how you feel before or after birth because both are part of the same process.
4. Having a baby is a crazy ride. Whether it’s your first or hundredth, having all the right tools to navigate this journey with your midwife is essential. We want you to be prepared for any situation and have an enjoyable birth experience, so we are dedicated to your health and wellness.
5. The best birth I have ever been part of was the one that wasn’t my first—because, to be honest, it looked a lot like the last.
6. Trust that your labour will lead to life. Trust that the final moments of birth are for you and your baby.
7. The miracle of birth is great amazement. Words cannot describe it.
8. Your birth is not a race. There isn’t a finish line, and the only winner is you, your baby and the community you’ve gathered around you.
9. She will know the moment when your baby is turned on to life. She will feel it in her own body. It will be a moment of stillness when you and she are one, heart to heart.
10. When you are pregnant, you are carrying a miracle. You are passing that miracle on to another woman when you give birth.
11. When you are ready to welcome a new family member, don’t wait. Begin preparing for pregnancy today.
12. Birth is a miracle. There’s no other way to describe it. It’s something that we cannot do alone, but as women, we are equipped with everything we need to bring life into this world.
13. Birth is not something that can be learned from books or videos, nor can it be planned for. It requires practice and experience. You can plan for the baby, but not necessarily for the birth.
14. Birth is not just a biological event but also a spiritual one. It has meaning for us in our lives.
15. A midwife’s role is to bring joy and support to women in their most vulnerable moments, and that’s why I am so excited to be a part of this birthing journey.
16. I feel the most honoured to be a midwife when I can help a couple bring their children into the world. To witness that process is beautiful and joyful beyond description.
17. Each birth is a journey, and so are the people who experience it. Our midwives are here to support you throughout your pregnancy and birth journey.
18. We know it’s always a little bit different for every woman, but the joy of carrying your bundle of joy in your hand erases all thoughts of travailing.
19. When you are labouring, there is a moment when it feels like the world is coming apart. This is true for both mother and baby. That’s why we say there’s nothing quite like the feeling of holding your baby for the first time.
20. All births are normal, all births are beautiful, and all births are important.
21. The greatest gift you can give a child is to be a parent.
22. The birth path is long and winding, but the journey is always worth it.
23. The act of birth is an act of transformation. The birth experience can be one of life’s most beautiful and humbling moments.
24. The true meaning of motherhood is to nurture life, not to bear children.
25. Motherhood is the most beautiful and mysterious thing in this world. It is a gift that should be cherished, nurtured and honoured.
26. A woman is made of many parts, but her womb is the most important.
27. A woman’s body is a vessel, not a display case. If you want to feel empowered and learn how to really listen to what your body is trying to tell you, trust me, it’s worth the ride.
28. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body can’t do what it needs to do. Your body knows exactly what it is capable of. So trust it, and let it do the work for you.
29. Many of us want a more natural birth experience, but many women also fear the pain involved in childbirth. We can help you decide if birth is right for you and your family and give you the tools to be prepared.
30. The power of being in labour is a feeling that’s so amazing that it’s almost hard to describe. Your body knows what it needs, and giving it a chance will take everything you have to give and then some. When your baby is born, you’ll feel like your heart could fly.
31. We meet new women early on their journey to motherhood, and we learn a lot about ourselves in that process. These are the things we have learned so far.
32. In the birthing room, there is no difference between the end of one woman and the beginning of another.
33. A woman’s strength lies in her ability to give birth.
34. When you’re in a room with two pregnant women, and one of them is giving birth, it’s amazing how many things you can talk about that have nothing to do with babies or pregnancy.
35. The birth process is a ritual, not a race. Learn to stop worrying about the time, let go of your expectations and trust that the body knows what it needs to do.
36. Motherhood is the hardest job in the world, but it’s also the best.
37. Birth is amazing, and we need to give women as many safe options as they want.
38. Hormones are your baby’s best friend! While you may experience some anxiety about labour, it’s a joyful time.
39. No doubt about it. Midwives are here to help you with the birth of your baby. Let us be your guide through this time of transformation, and let us bring joy to you and your family.
40. We are here to help make your birth experience one of the best it can be. We will support, encourage, and celebrate with you all through!
41. The most important thing in childbirth is being with your partner and feeling safe.
42. The giving and receiving of birth are sacred events. Birthing is not just about pushing a baby out. It’s also about honouring the power of birth as an experience unique to every woman.
43. Giving birth shouldn’t be scary. It should be an adventure of discovery.
44. Let’s not take our birth stories for granted. Every woman is an artist with a unique brush, and how she lets herself and her baby shine through is truly magical.
45. The journey of giving birth is one of the most beautiful journeys one can take.
46. The most important part of birth is the baby. The second most important part is the mother. For me, it’s all about the love, connection and support between both parties.
47. When you arrive at birth, you’ll first notice the smell. It’s like nothing else you’ve ever smelled—a unique blend of body fluids, skin, and love.
48. A mother is the only person who can make you feel like a kid. She may be old enough to be your mother, but she acts like one of your best friends.
49. It’s been said that the most important moments in life are not when you’re planning or expecting. They are instead gifted to you when you least expect them.
50. A midwife is someone who has a natural affinity for birth. She cares deeply about women’s physical, emotional and spiritual well-being during pregnancy and birth.
51. A midwife is a woman who has chosen to live her life helping other women achieve their birth goals.
52. Midwives know that the best birth is calm, planned, and peaceful.
53. We are here to help you give birth the natural way. We will never pressure you into anything. We will only support you through your decisions.
54. Being pregnant is not for wimps. It’s a challenge. A challenge worth it.
55. Getting ready for birth is like getting ready for a party. You don’t want to miss out on any of the fun.
56. The most important thing in birth is to trust your body and its ability to birth the baby.
57. When a woman feels safe, healthy, and confident during pregnancy, birth is easier.
58. How a mother bears her birth is how she learns to be a woman.
59. To those who believe in giving birth, the true meaning of life is to spread joy and love. To those who do not believe in giving birth, that’s a shame.
The birth process in women differs from woman o woman and from child to child so obeying the midwives’ instructions during labour is very important. So, kindly let all those that need to be enlightened about birth, labour and the role of midwives pay a visit to this site to learn more about the points of view of the midwives on birth.
Undoubtedly, this collection of midwife quotes about birth has been creatively enlightening to you. Therefore share and feel free to leave your comments below.