Monday sickness is a state of being in which people feel like they’re experiencing symptoms of illness on Mondays. This can include feeling tired and lethargic, having a headache, nausea, or wanting to return to bed. People have been known to call in sick on Mondays because they feel they have Monday Sickness.
The causes of Monday Sickness are not entirely understood by medical science. However, there are several theories about why people feel this way on Mondays. Some people believe that it’s because we do not tend to get much sleep on Sundays (if any), so our bodies are not rested enough for work on Monday mornings. Others think that it’s because we’re transitioning from one week into another, and our bodies need time to adjust.
It could also be because we don’t want to go to or resume work. Whatever the reason, Monday is the day that some people dread. But instead of just sitting back and letting it get you down, use these Monday sickness quotes to remind yourself that this, too, shall pass.
Monday Sickness Quotes
Monday blues always hit me, especially when it rains all day. Every Monday, I want to stay in bed until noon. Most people wake up and start their day with a smile, but not me. Monday is the start of my week which is nothing but horrible.
1. Man, Mondays can be the worst. We should all just give ourselves a hug and then get back to work.
2. Monday can be a drag, but you don’t need to let that stop you. It’s a new week and a new day to conquer whatever life throws at you.
3. I know it’s Monday, and sometimes it drags a bit, but you don’t have to let that drag you down. Don’t get down on yourself or the day. It’s a new week and a new day!
4. It’s hard to get out of bed when there’s a ton of work, but remember that you can always start fresh and conquer what life throws.
5. Monday sucks. It does, but maybe this picture/video of a naughty dog enjoying life will be just what you need to pick up your mood.
6. You’ve got a busy day ahead of you. We get it. And while you’re busy, we’ll take care of the rest.
7. Monday feels like a breakup; the 24 hours prior marked your last chance to be happy. But don’t fret too much, for you will get over him soon enough and make it through another week of tasks, conversation, and connection. The next one is going to be different, I promise.
8. Monday feels like a breakup, especially when the said week ended with you crying into your room at 2 am. But don’t lose hope, because the next Monday will be different. And I promise it’ll feel better than ever before. We always say that, but I mean it this time.
9. You’re not alone! We’ve all had a bad start to the week at some point. Your best bet is to laugh about it and move on with your day, knowing that better things will happen soon.
10. Monday is an opportunity to start over. Choose to be happy and grateful despite your Monday Sickness!
11. Monday sickness is when you feel so tired you want to stay in bed all day. Being sick on Mondays may be somewhat different from actual physical illness, but it can make you feel like your body is toiling under the world’s weight. You are not alone – many people have this condition, which causes a gradual decrease in energy and motivation for work.
12. A Monday morning post is the best cure for Monday morning sickness
13. Monday’s Sickness is real. It’s why you feel tired, unmotivated, and less productive on the first day of a new week. But not to worry, because there are ways to tackle this Monday blues!
14. Some people are born to lead. Others are born to follow. And then there are those of us who are just born to get through Monday.
15. You know you’re in a Monday doldrums when you’re forcing yourself to think about the long week that lies before instead of fantasizing about the weekend.
16. Don’t waste time thinking about things you cannot change. You don’t have to like every minute of your life or even anyone’s else. But you can change how you look at it, change how you react to it and find a new meaning for things that happen.
17. What lies behind and before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
18. When you’re sick, you may feel like you’re the only one suffering from a bad case of Monday. But in reality, millions of people are feeling exactly the same way.
19. The Monday blues will hit you hard today. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
20. Monday is the saddest day of the week. It gets worse as you get older…
21. When you’re feeling down and out on a Monday morning, remember: You’re not alone.
22. Oh, happy Monday! You’re feeling a little under the weather. We wish you a speedy recovery from those weekend blues and do hope your sickness is just temporary or is, at least, not contagious.
23. The Monday blues can hit you like a wall at any time of the year. But don’t worry—there is always something to look forward to on Mondays.
24. It’s Monday again. This time though, I hope this week stays much calmer than the last. What are your thoughts on Tuesday’s weather?
25. I’m sorry. You know that feeling when you get sick? It’s like you’re in this world, but it doesn’t have a name.
26. I’m feeling a little off this Monday. But I’m sure you’re feeling much worse than me, so let’s start the week positively.
27. Monday mornings are the most difficult for me. I try to remember that it’s a new day and life is beautiful, even on the days when I don’t feel so hot.
28. The best cure for Monday morning sickness is a bag of chips and a strong cup of coffee. You’re not alone in your Monday sickness.
29. Mondays suck. But, if you can make it through the week, you can survive most anything. Here’s to a healthier and happier you tomorrow!
30. Just a reminder that Mondays are the worst. They’re hard, they suck, and they feel like everything is against you. This is why we need to carve out some time for ourselves, whether it’s a spa day, yoga, or just going out with your girlfriends—whatever you do Monday morning, make it special.
31. The Monday starts with a fever and ends with a headache. We all know what it’s like to feel so exhausted, but at least you get to go home for the day.
32. Monday mornings are the worst. But here’s hoping your week is off to a good start and you feel great by the time Friday rolls around.
33. The only way to beat Monday is with a pep and a positive attitude. Nothing is as refreshing as a good cry on a Monday.
34. Monday, like most days, isn’t a great start to the week. But, with a little morning coffee or lunchtime nosh, you can conquer this day and make it even better.
35. The dread of the anticipation of starting a new week.
36. Sweaty Monday mornings are a thing of the past. Now you can take your workout anywhere, anytime!
37. The first day of the week is always a tough one. With it comes a bit of Monday sickness and a lack of motivation to get started.
38. We’re all a little bit Monday morning sick—but we’ll survive it.
39. Yes, Monday can be rough. But we know you’re gonna make it! You’ve got this. Mondays are rough. Let’s make the best of it.
40. Don’t worry; it’s Monday, and you’re feeling slightly under the weather. But don’t worry, this will pass.
41. Monday is a terrible day. You never know what is waiting for you. But it’s all worth seeing your work for yourself and your life.
42. Mondays have a way of creeping up on us. It’s time to get your weekend started early.
43. Monday is a day for getting ready for the workweek ahead. But let’s face it: we all love a good excuse to stay in bed and enjoy the weekend.
44. Nothing is more demoralizing than feeling like you are the only person on earth who feels miserable.
45. It’s Monday, and you feel a little under the weather. But you still have to get up and face your to-do list, so why not join us in the comfort of our homes for these quotes about Monday sickness?
46. We all hate Mondays, but we’re not alone. It’s a fact of life that Monday is the worst day of the week. But then, don’t let Monday sickness stop you from enjoying your weekend.
47. The Monday morning blues are real. But don’t worry! It’s just that feeling you get right after a holiday weekend when your body is used to the long hours of sleep, and then it has to wake up again.
48. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of waking up on Monday morning, but that makes Monday so much fun!
49. We all know how Monday mornings can be. You wake up, feel like death, drink coffee and then get back on track.
50. Monday is also the start of a new week, and you know what that means – a fresh start! So even though you’re feeling a bit under the weather, let’s do some positive thinking together to prepare you for the week ahead.
51. Mondays are a necessary evil, as nothing can ruin the start of your week like a bad Monday morning.
52. Monday is the day that determines what kind of person you will be for the rest of the week.
53. Monday is one of the most crucial days of the week, so take it easy and make your Co-Workers understand that you are a human being as well.
54. This disease is just sad. I feel bad for the people who have it because I’ve experienced their pain through my work experience.
55. Monday sickness is probably the worst thing that can happen on a Monday. To me, that’s just not cool.
56. Monday sickness is not only a physical illness but also emotional. It brings along uncertainties, doubts, and fears. But by embracing it as part of life, you can still stay healthy and active throughout the week.
57. Monday Sickness, a condition known to cause feelings of despair and apathy, is something that can’t be ignored or cured by a simple pill.
58. I’m talking about Monday-itis – a condition that strikes most of us on a Monday morning.
59. Monday is a day of rest, but it also leaves us with a bad taste in our mouths. A messy garage, dishes and clothes to do, and errands back after being gone all weekend.
60. Early Monday morning, I stare at the clock and mutter to myself, It’s Monday. I hate Mondays! I have hated Mondays for years and have no idea why they exist.
61. When I get up on Monday morning, I see all the good things in my life and say to myself, ‘It’s going to be a wonderful week.’ It rarely is, but it’s a great place to start.
In most countries, Monday is the start of the work week, and it’s the day we dread because we have to go back to work or school after the weekend. At best, a Monday is mediocre. At worst, it’s a nightmare! However, no matter how you feel about Mondays, there are ways to improve them. You might even say that there are Mondays you’ll always remember. I hope you have a great week and that Monday sickness doesn’t slow you down. It will pass.
Please, share these Monday sickness quotes and do not hesitate to leave your comment in the comment section.