Moving on from a break-up can be tough but it isn’t impossible. You can easily fall into the trap of thinking that you’ll never find someone who makes you feel the way your ex does. But, no matter how much it hurts, you can move on and get over your breakup.
It’s not so easy to move on from a break-up that caused so much pain because when you’re heartbroken, it feels like there’s no end to the pain, but it is also possible to get over someone. The most important thing is realizing that you don’t need to go through it alone. There are many things you can do to help yourself through this difficult time.
You need to understand that you have to allow yourself to move on and accept the fact that the relationship has ended. A lot of people tend to hold on to the past, but doing so prevents them from moving forward and living their lives.
However, if you were hurt or abused by your ex, then it would be very difficult for you to move on and get over the pain that you have sustained from the break-up. It is also important for you to remember that there are some things in life that just cannot be fixed no matter how hard we try.
Sometimes a fresh perspective is all that’s needed to put things back into balance. Here are some moving on quotes after a breakup and quotes about letting go of the past that might help you along your journey.
Getting Through a Breakup Quotes
There are so many new beginnings waiting for you. So many opportunities to fall in love again. Take it day by day, but know that there is a brighter tomorrow! Getting through a breakup might be hard but it’s not impossible.
1. It’s hard to move on but I’m moving on from you and the pain you caused me. I’m moving on and I wish you luck, I hope your new love will make you happy.
2. It’ll take a while to get over you and all the memories that we shared, but that’s what life is about, I’m moving on to the next chapter of my life and I pray I get over you soon enough.
3. My heart’s been broken, why does this hurt so much? I don’t know, but I’ll move on, and I will find better love, in life.
4. I’m moving on after the break-up, and I’ve learned that moving on is best, but I’ve also learned that moving on is hard, and it’s getting harder every day.
5. How things end is all a matter of timing, and how you deal with change, you’ll surprise yourself just how much you’ll be able to get over them.
6. I thought I could get over you I thought I could forget you but I can’t. So I’m moving on and I pray that I get over you real quick.
7. When I’m feeling sad I always think of you and the pain you caused me. It’s no big deal because I don’t need you to convince me I’m moving on.
8. I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that.
9. Friends are like flowers, they’ll wilt and die with the sun, but you’ll still be glad of the time, you had with them.
10. It’s hard to move on, the feelings are so raw, but it’s time that I move on, and forget you and all the pain you caused me.
11. I don’t live in the past, I don’t dwell on the pain, I’m moving on, how I wish to live away from your thoughts. I wish to be free from you.
12. Moving on is hard to do, the memories haunt me from day to day I move on but I don’t forget, as I look back I don’t wanna cry.
13. I’ve learned from my mistakes and I will not let them follow me like a cloud. I will not be afraid to take the chance and fly and start all over again.
14. When you’re in a relationship and it’s not going as well as you’d like, you can decide to break up. You can make up your mind to be apart from a person and decide to move on.
15. I’ve had my heart broken before, I don’t believe in being sad, so I will get over you, I don’t have to be like you, I have my own ideas of how to carry on.
16. I’m moving on like a butterfly, crossing the world in search of a better life, a better lover and a better love.
17. I’m moving on from you, you were never the best lover for me.
18. Life isn’t all about getting and staying, it’s about getting and staying alive even if it means moving on from you.
19. I was always moving on, but only because I had to, you were my one break-up, but that doesn’t mean I’m still gonna cry.
20. I’m moving on to a better life and a better love. And when I find it, I’ll know it’s right, it’s how moving on should be.
Move On After Breakup Quotes
I know it’s scary to start over. I know you feel like your old life is slipping through your fingers. But that’s okay. You’re still here. You made it through the fire and you survived a breakup. All that’s left is to move on and you can.
21. You tore my heart into pieces when you held my hand and said “I love you”, but you know better now, and I know better too, I learned that you were wrong and I was wrong too.
22. if you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back, it was never yours, to begin with. You never know when you’ll meet the one…I’m moving on, away from you.
23. I’m moving on from a past lover who was never the best lover for me. Moving on from you is hard, but our love was never meant to be.
24. In the end, it’s better to have loved and lost, than to have not loved at all.
25. I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that. Goodbye.
26. I’m moving on to a new life, and I’m leaving my old life behind. From now on I will be a better person because I don’t have you anymore.
27. You can’t keep me in your arms because I’m better off without you. I’d rather be alone.
28. It’s hard to move on, but I’m moving on, I told my friends I’ll be fine, I can’t be with you, I could never e with you again. Though it’s hard to move on, I’m going to do it.
29. So, you think you can play me but, my love, I’ve been around and I know what it means to play, I know how much it means to play and how it hurts when you are the one who’s played.
30. It’s hard to move on when I don’t know where to start, where to stay, where to lay my head and what to say, but it’s time to move on – I’m moving on.
31. Move on and let life begin, regain your self-respect and the one you lost and please don’t be sad I know you’ll fall in love again.
32. You will move on, get over it and find someone who makes you smile, who makes you laugh and keeps you warm, someone you can love, respect and be proud of, someone who won’t make you feel empty.
33. You were never the best lover for me but we were so close. I thought you were the best of the best but I was dead wrong.
34. I know it’s hard to let go of a love you never should have let go of, but you need to move on, follow your dreams and never give up.
35. I’ve been wallowing in my pain but I’m going to be strong and tough, I’ll go on living, it’s not you or me it’s my life and I’ll make it worth living, yeah I’m moving on.
36. The pain that I felt was real, but I’m over you, that’s why I’m moving on with my life though I’m not over you.
37. I will not try to persuade you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that.
38. You’ll move on, and you’ll be fine. You will get over it. You’ll find someone who makes you smile, someone who makes you laugh, someone who keeps you warm, someone who you can love.
39. You have to move on, you have to let go, you are going to be in love again, your heart will mend, someday.
40. I’m better off without you. We’re better off apart, my life is better without you. I’m finally moving on.
Getting Over an Ex Quotes
Don’t get too caught up in the past. You can never go back, so there’s no point in living there. It’s time to move forward and embrace a new beginning. Getting over your will be easy if you set your mind and heart to it.
41. You’re going to make it, you always do. And if it hurts, you’ll make it better. That’s what you’ve always done.
42. What hurts the most, is the fact that you have moved on, and now I’m left here, all alone, and I can’t think of anything but you. I hope I find the courage to move on soon enough.
43. Moving on is always the hardest part, but that doesn’t mean it has to be forever. It just means we have to take the first step.
44. I’ll move on, I’ll be over this and find someone who makes me smile, who makes me laugh, who makes me feel like the luckiest girl on earth.
45. I’m not the same girl you knew, I’m better, stronger, more confident I’ll get through this like all my other plans.
46. I need to move on with my life after a terrible breakup, I take everything in stride, I roll with the punches and soon I’ll be on cloud nine.
47. You’ll be okay, and I promise, you won’t give up – you’ll move on, you’ll find the one to make you smile, the one to make you laugh and keeps you elated.
48. I was broken and needed to be mended, but I can’t forget you – only move on, maybe it’s a sign that I’m not meant to be with you, maybe I need to let go and move on.
49. You will move on, get over it and find someone who makes you smile, who makes you laugh and joyful, someone you can love, respect and be proud of, someone who won’t make you feel empty.
50. Moving on after a break-up is hard, it feels like someone is screaming to me you always used to laugh, you always used to make me smile now it’s natural to cry.
51. You’re young. You’re beautiful. You’re still hurt. Not as much as you think you are but don’t you ever let them see that you’re a little shaken up.
52. It’ seems we can’t help it; The heart has to break sometimes. The only question is to know when to move on.
53. Last night I dreamt of you, I was happy and you kept me warm, but when I woke up you were gone, the dream was over and I was here in my pain of moving on.
54. To live again, you must go on, you must keep your head up and roll the new plan of moving on. No pain and heartbreak are worth your precious time.
55. I can’t believe you’re gone so I’ll keep on with my life; I’ll move on, I’ll be over this and find someone who makes me smile, who makes me laugh, who makes me feel loved.
56. You will move on, you’ll find someone who makes you smile, someone who makes you laugh and speak beautiful words to you, someone you can love, and it will make you proud.
57. It’s hard to move on, and I wonder why, I just want to stop feeling so blue and pained.
58. Every tear is a choice that you make with every decision you make not to move on, you can choose to close your eyes and pretend that, you have a better way to live.
59. I moved on from you and I moved on from your lies and deceit. Moving on is like a journey, and you never ever forget the places that you have been.
60. I’ll move on; I’ll be over this, and find someone who makes me happy, who makes me laugh and gives me all that I deserve.
Overcome Breakup Quotes
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. You may have lost something good, but don’t lose hope. Something great is coming for you. It feels good to have over a breakup that caused so much pain.
61. So I move on, I keep moving but I can’t get over you, I can’t make it through this pain, because I don’t know if I would ever love again.
62. I had to move on, I had to get over it and I did, I had to let him go and I’m glad I did.
63. You’re moving on from a relationship you spent a lot of time on, writing a lot of notes, it’s hard to let go of someone you cared so much for. But don’t worry, this is a life lesson.
64. I still feel sad, I still feel blue, but hey, I’m moving on.
65. If you don’t move forward, you get left behind, if you can’t forgive, you miss your fate, if you can’t trust, you’re bound to fall, but I’ll move on, and find someone who makes me forget all about you.
66. I can see the sun shining and I can feel the wind blowing, I can see the rain falling, and I can feel the pain inside, but know this, this is the end you’ll always be in my heart only if I learn to move on.
67. I’m moving on from my past, and all the pain and heartache it caused me. I’m finally moving on, and I hope you’re moving on too.
68. How do I move on after a breakup? I don’t know, I’m still in mourning, though I try to keep it to myself, it’s a part of healing after a heartbreak.
69. I’m finally moving on from all the heartache and pain you caused me, you’re not the one, I’m happy to see you’re finally moving on too, I wish you all the best, I hope you find all your happiness.
70. I’m finally moving on after the pain and strife, you said you loved me but you lied I suppose I thought it was true and that’s why it pains me so.
71. As long as you live, you will always love me, but I have moved on and I’ve learned to live without you
72. I move on slowly, I walk through this world I look in my heart and still see you there, when will this stop.
73. I’m moving on, I’m growing, I’m learning, I’m following my heart, I’m finally moving on.
74. I’m so over you, you’re like poison, I’m dying of a broken heart. But I’m finally moving on.
75. It’s just a bump in the road I’m gonna blow past, it’s just a pain that I’m gonna laugh at, I’m moving on and it’s like a blur, it’s like you were never there.
76. I can see that I have to move on, to a place you’ve never been. But I remember that I have to do this, though that’s not the way you want it to be.
77. You were my sunshine, my only sunshine, you made me happy when skies were grey. You’ll never know dear, just how much you hurt me but I am learning to move on.
78. So I’m finally moving on from all the heartache and pain you caused me I won’t let you ruin me anymore.
79. I’m finally moving on from all the heartache and pain you caused me. It’s not hard to do, it’s not hard to say, I’m finally moving on.
80. I’m finally moving on from all the heartache and pain you caused me, though I love you I don’t wanna feel the pain. So I’m moving on, and it’s not that hard to do.
Recovering From a Breakup Quotes
You may feel broken as you’ll never be the same. But you will, and you’ll grow stronger in the end. Recovery from a breakup might not be easy but you can definitely do it.
81. A lot of people don’t realize, the way they treat you, the way they hurt you, how much your heart wants to just give up, rather than fight the way you feel.
82. There’s not a day that goes by when I don’t think of you, I love you, I miss you, and I wish you were still here, but I’m moving on with my life, and I’m not wasting any more time on you.
83. I am moving on I’m moving on I know I’ll see you again and when I do. We’ll still be friends, not lovers.
84. I’m so glad to be moving on, and finally free of all my fears, I never thought I’d be where I am, now I’m so happy to be free.
85. Moving on quotes after a breakup: Remembering your face before it was all gone, and not knowing that you would ever be so strong, but I smile now and I move on because I know we will one day see each other and I don’t want to ever feel any pain when we do.
86. It’s not that I don’t miss you, it’s that I can’t miss you; I’m not in the mood to miss you. I’m on a journey to move on, and you can be the second that I get lost.
87. I’m moving on – but I’m not moving away – it’s time to let the past be in the past – I’ve moved on since the moment you left, you’re not in my thoughts anymore.
88. If I could have a choice to move on or stay put, I would choose to move on because I wanna be free.
89. Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.
90. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
91. I could never stop dreaming about you. But I could never stop dreaming about someone new. I tried to forget you, but the harder I tried, the more I thought about you.
92. The hardest part of realizing that you were never meant for me is accepting that I might not be meant for anyone else either and no one will ever understand how much it hurts.
93. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.
94. The hardest part about walking away from someone is when you realize that no matter how slowly you go, they will never run after you.
95. Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.
96. He taught me how to love, but not how to stop. I had to teach myself that lesson. It took me quite a few years and tears but I have moved on.
97. No matter how bad things are right now. You will get through them. You will move on, meet someone new, and all your problems will be a distant memory.
98. I realized I deserved so much more than what I was settling for. So I moved on.
99. Some people think it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go because you cannot start the next chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
100. You taught me how to love, and art that few people know. I lost you, but I’ve never been happier
101. Even though my heart was shattered, I learned a very important lesson. I am a strong and capable woman.
102. In order to move forward and let go of the past, you need to take one step at a time. This can be scary and hard but remember, you are not alone.
103. Your pain is temporary but if you learn from it and use it as a stepping stone you will no longer be the same.
104. Moving on after a breakup is hard to do, but it’s not impossible. The healing process can be long and painful, but letting go of the past will help you move forward with your life.
105. Time heals all wounds. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
106. Pain changes people, but it isn’t always a bad thing. It makes you stronger
107. There is no greater pain than loving someone in vain. No greater pain than having to pretend that you don’t love them anymore, when in fact you still do.
108. No greater pain than having to hide your tears behind a fake smile every day and knowing that the heartache won’t go away until the day you die.
109. I don’t think that you ever really get over someone, I think that you just learn how to live with it.
110. It is never too late to start a new relationship. If you weren’t happy with the previous, try something different. Don’t stay stuck. Do better.
111. I have learned that if someone wants me in their life, they will make room for me. I am not going to undermine myself by begging for a spot.
112. Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.
As with most relationships, it helps to take your time when you start dating again. Make sure you let the shock die down before getting back out there. We hope that these quotes about moving on after a breakup help you find your new beginning.
If you are having trouble getting past the pain of a recent breakup, you may want to seek the advice of a friend or talk to a therapist. There is no use in prolonging the pain of a broken relationship. Take care of yourself and heal quick.