Needlepoint is the art of creating a design by working individual stitches into a canvas. It lends itself to freeform or geometric designs. The finished pieces are made memorable by the rich and opulent look of the thread against the canvas and its rich fabric-like appearance.
Embroidery needlepoint is distinguished from other forms of needlework because the canvas is a much heavier weave than those used for other types of embroidery. It is also distinguished by the use of different coloured threads to form each stitch, instead of using one colour throughout. The canvas can be made from any number of materials including silk, wool, cotton and linen.
If you are a lover of needle-point, it may be good to have a collection of its quotes handy, perhaps on your computer or your phone. These quotes contain so many reasons why it is important to take up this hobby. So before you go out and buy those colourful threads that you love, just read some of these needle-point quotes that will help endorse your choice!
All in all, Take a look at these needlepoint quotes about needlepoint and sewing that will inspire you to create something new in your life. Don’t hesitate to read through and copy your favourite.
Needle Point Quotes
Searching for the perfect piece of needlepoint is a difficult endeavour. Not only must you find something that looks as good as it feels in your hands, but it must also match the decor of your home.
1. Needlepoint designs are known for their gorgeous whimsy and vivid colour. We love to create patterns that make our customers say, “Wow!”
2. The needle point is the perfect combination of shape, colour and texture. It can be used to create a sophisticated design or simply for everyday wear.
3. Simple yet elegant, the needle point is a classic addition to any wardrobe. Wear it to show off your taste in art or simply as part of your everyday style.
4. With the perfect blend of beauty, elegance and utility, the needle point provides a lasting impression.
5. Featuring plastic retractable needles, the Needlepoint is an affordable and convenient tool used to create a wide range of hairstyles. It’s perfect for trying out new styles at home, suitable for any occasion.
6. Life is like a beautiful needlepoint quilt. You can never have too many stitches, and the more you add, the more beautiful your life will become.
7. Needle points are made of very fine needles. They are used in sewing, embroidery, writing and drawing.
8. Fine, Needle points are ideal for detailed applications such as embroidery and cross stitch. They are also used in sewing and writing.
9. Worn in the same way, a needle point quilt is as unique and beautiful as the quilter who makes it.
10. Life is a needle point. A piece of art, a work of art. Each day, each moment is a challenge—a chance to hone your skills, expand your knowledge and grow as a person.
11. The needle point is perfect for quilting, applique and general sewing. Its sharpness makes it a breeze to push through fabric and helps create even stitches.
12. Everything you do with your needle point will make a lasting impression. It’s one of the most versatile tools for making small, detailed knots.
13. Needlepoint can be beautiful. It is a way of expressing yourself through the smallest stitches, and it is a great stress reliever.
14. There’s something satisfying about the details. Maybe it’s the fabric, maybe it’s the stitching or maybe it’s that you were in control of the whole process from design to completion. Whatever the reason, needlepoint is a craft that makes you feel accomplished and happy with your work
15. Needlepoint is a great way to express your creativity. It’s portable, can be done anywhere and it doesn’t cost much—all the benefits of a needlepoint project!
16. Sewing is a way of life. The joy of needlepoint is in the rhythm and flow of the stitches, creating designs that are uniquely yours.
17. Don’t be intimidated by the needle. Learn to make beautiful works of art in needlepoint.
18. Sometimes sitting down with a needle and thread to sew something for yourself, your loved ones or for charity can be one of the most fulfilling experiences.
19. For those who love to sew and create, needlepoint is a wonderful art form that can be enjoyed by all.
20. Needlepoint is the perfect way to add charm, colour and texture to any room. The art of needlepoint is in the details, and there are many advantages to it.
21. A needle point quilt is a lovely way to use up little bits of fabric and give your room new life.
22. Needlepoint is a versatile medium that can be used to create many different designs; from small to large, from intricate to simple.
23. When we’re needlepointing or sewing, the whole process is customizable and fluid. We can create a pattern that’s just right for us!
24. Needle point is a form of embroidery in which the needle is used to create an image, usually on fabric.
25. Needlepoint has a gentle and calming effect on the mind, so it’s ideal for moments of rest or contemplation.
26. Needlepoint is a relaxing and meditative craft that can be done by anyone, anywhere at any time.
27. The finest needlepoints are the result of an intimate collaboration between the artist and stitcher.
28. So who says you can’t be an artist at your craft? It’s always been my dream to use needlework in all aspects of my life, from business card designs to clothing.
29. Embroidery is one of the oldest arts in the world. It has been used for decoration and crafts from prehistory to the present day.
30. Weaving a life is like weaving a tapestry. You have to start small and work your way up to the big picture.
31. Needle point is a beautiful form of embroidery which requires patience, skill and dedication.
32. Needle point is the name given to a technique of stitching on canvas or paper. It is a very old art form that dates back to the time when the tapestry was used for decoration in churches.
33. With needlepoint, you can create a piece of art with no two pieces being alike. It’s also relaxing and meditative, and it’s easy to learn. Never underestimate the power of a needle and thread.
34. Needle point is a creative way to create patterns and designs. It uses needles to stitch small pieces of fabric together. The beauty of this art form is that you can create any pattern you want, from the intricate to the simple!
35. Needlework is a wonderful craft for anyone to do, whether you’re an avid quilter or someone who wants to learn how to sew.
36. Needle point is created with a needle that moves through the fabric. You can create textiles for your home, decorate bags and pillows with it, and even make your own clothes if you know how.
37. Needle point is a beautiful and delicate art form that can be done on any surface, including fabric. It’s an easy craft to take up.
38. The perfect balance of art and function. Simple needlepoint stitches are pretty enough to frame, but they’re also useful for tasks like tacking down edges or securing window blinds.
39. Needlepoint is for the avid collector, for anyone who has a love for the finer things in life and for anyone who does not mind the time and effort it takes to complete a piece of needlework.
40. Needle point is the perfect craft to add a touch of elegance to your home or office. Its unique form of art and decorative design makes it perfect for any room in your house.
41. Needlepoint is an art form and a great pastime. It is simple, easy to create, and timeless.
42. Needlepoint is a relaxing, quiet craft that promotes mental focus and mindfulness. It’s also an inexpensive way to decorate your home and make a statement.
43. This one’s for all of my sewing friends. May you enjoy the same success with needlepoint that I have enjoyed with needlework.
44. Needle point is an art form that uses a needle to create designs by hand. It’s defined by its precision, detail and even stitches.
45. Needle point is a form of embroidery. It requires no thread or sewing machine, making it ideal for those who are new or nervous at the needlework craft.
46. There’s no better way to spend a Saturday than with a cup of coffee, some needle point, and good company.
47. Colorful and always changing, it’s never complete yet always beautiful. A single stitch can keep you enamoured for hours.
48. It’s just a cotton pillow with a flower decal on it? Wrong. When you find your needlepoint, you’ll know there is much more to it than that. You see, the only way to get behind this artwork is to see your soul in it.
49. You already know your needlepoint is a way for you to express yourself. But it’s so much more than that – it’s a piece of you.
50. The puncture made by hand-held needles is sometimes also called an eye because the ancient practice of hand sewing was to pierce the material and then pull the thread through the hole creating loops.
51. When you’re working with such a small element, it’s important to have the right tools: Make sure to sharpen your needles at the optimal angle before you begin.
52. Life is a needlepoint. A piece of art, a work of art. Each day, each moment is a chance to hone your skills, expand your knowledge, and grow as a person.
53. It’s not about how you start or even where you are. If you’re willing to learn and take challenges, you’ll see each day as a chance to push yourself. The needle point: every day is an opportunity to be the best person you can be.
54. The clothes you wear matter. They make you feel good, express who you are and demonstrate your taste and sophistication.
55. The sharpness of a needlepoint makes everything look more beautiful. Life is like a needlepoint: the more you stitch, the more beautifully it works.
I hope you enjoyed these needle point quotes and that it helps you defend the wonderful art of needlepoint.
Hopefully, some people will now feel more comfortable displaying these cherished needlework pieces in their houses. After all, it’s hard to argue with quotes from the great artists and writers of yesterday.