Humans are creatures of habit and tend to draw their conclusions rather frequently, which means that we often err when it comes to making suppositions about people and events. We let our imaginations run away with us and create fictional stories about what may be happening with others when we don’t have all the facts.
Besides the fact that assumptions lead to false beliefs and unrealistic expectations, they prevent us from exploring, learning new ideas and dealing with complexity. Sometimes, when we assume, we’re also missing out on a great experience.
As you probably already know from either personal experience or from having a friend that is always trouble, assumptions cause more problems in the world than perhaps any other single thing.
They prevent us from paying attention to important details, and can even lead to catastrophic consequences in business, life, and love.
In fact, often times assumptions are worse than incorrect facts; they prevent us from discovering truths we never even knew existed. A good reason we should be inspired and also inspire others to never assume.
Hence the inspiring collection of never assume anything quotes here. Go through them and get inspired.
Never Assume Anything Quotes
Never assume anything. Never assume you know what a person thinks, feels, wants, needs or anything else. It’s better to ask if you don’t know than to make an assumption and be wrong.
1. Never assume anything. Find out for yourself what really happened and you might be surprised!
2. Never assume anything. This is the quick way to be wrong. Make sure about everything in life.
3. Never assume anything, because sometimes you’ll be surprised by the outcome. Never make an assumption about someone without knowing the full story.
4. Never assume anything. Reach out and ask first. Ask for help, advice, and opinions before making any assumptions about a person or situation.
5. Never assume anything because once you do, everything you know is wrong.
6. Never assume that the opinions of those around you are anything like yours; just because they are friendly with you doesn’t mean they share your values.
7. Never assume. Always deliver. Don’t assume anything about a person because of what you see on the outside.
8. Never assume anything. Don’t assume that people will love you, don’t assume that people will like your work, and don’t assume your relatives will keep your secrets.
9. Don’t assume anything about me. I have a very colourful past. Hoping to write a book one day that chronicled all of it. Until then, let’s just say I did some things I’m not proud of and leave it at that.
10. If you never make assumptions, you’ll never be disappointed. Don’t assume, ask.
11. Never assume anything. Find the courage to ask questions and the answers will surprise you. Reach out and touch someone.
12. Never assume you know what someone else is feeling or that a particular situation is familiar to them because, in reality, you could be way off the mark.
13. Never assume anything. You don’t know what we are thinking. We may be thinking something totally different from what you assumed.
14. Never assume anything. Doing so will save you a lot of trouble in the long run. Never assume anything, even if everyone around you is doing just that.
15. Never assume anything because if you do, you’ll miss out on new opportunities. Never be afraid to ask questions.
16. Never assume that someone knows you’re thinking of them because they might not.
17. Never assume that someone feeling okay. Always ask if they are okay. Never assume anything. Find out for yourself.
18. The power of never assuming anything is infinite. A habit of always assuming the best—never assuming anything—is a habit worth acquiring.
19. Don’t assume anything. And you’ll never be disappointed. It is better to be wise by the misfortunes of others than to be stupid by your own.
20. Don’t assume anything. You may feel that you’re great at judging people, but you never know what someone might be going through.
21. Never assume anything. Not even that I’m right. Never assume anything, we should always strive to understand everything.
22. Make a mistake. It’s just a mistake. Learn from it and you’ll be better for it next time. Never assume anything though. Always look for the lesson and keep it.
23. In life, never assume anything. Always do your research, learn from the mistakes of others and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
24. Never assume anything, because you don’t know what is going on inside someone’s heart.
25. Never assume anything. You’re just limiting yourself from learning something new or surprising yourself with what you can do.
26. Don’t assume… anything. You can’t assume anything, you must know it yourself. Nothing is impossible!
27. Please don’t assume I know everything about you. You can either make an excuse or a change.
28. Never assume anything, because when you finally dig deep enough to discover the truth, you might be surprised at what you find.
29. Never assume anything, because the thought is always based on assumptions.
30. Never assume anything. Clear all your doubts before taking action.
31. Never assume anything, because you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
32. I’d have been better off never assuming anything. I assumed that everyone in the world had good intentions and now I know better. It’s sad to say, but it’s true.
33. Never assume anything that is the beginning of wisdom.
34. Don’t assume anything, ever. You’ll have no regrets.
35. Never assume anything, because when you’re wrong you let people down.
36. Never assume anything. Check it out for yourself.
37. Never assume anything. Examine what is said and seek the true meaning behind it.
38. Be the type of person who does what they say. Don’t ever assume anything about anyone.
39. Don’t assume anything, even breathing.
Don’t assume that funerals are sad. Or that a song is about heartbreak. Don’t assume anything.
40. Always assume positive. Never assume negative. Assume positive, you will find positive and you will be positive.
41. You never know what someone is going through. Be kind. Never assume anything. Instead, let’s get to know one another.
42. Let’s get this from the top: never assume anything. You know as well as I do that assumptions are usually wrong.
43. Never assume anything. Make your own judgment.
44. Never assume anything about anyone because you just never know. It’s best to see for yourself and take everything with a grain of salt.
45. Never assume anything, because, at one point or another, you could be wrong.
46. Never assume anything. Do not take anyone’s word for it unless you personally know they are telling the truth. Only trust yourself.
47. Don’t assume anything, because what you don’t know CAN hurt you.
48. There’s too much beauty in the world to waste any of your time on gossip or other people’s opinions. Life’s so much better when you LIVE rather than assume.
49. Love is when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams
50. Never assume anything. Ask then you’ll know. Never assume anything, because we are all different.
51. Never assume anything. You know what they say about people who assume.
52. Never assume anything, even if you’re absolutely, positively certain.
53. Never assume anything, because you never know. Never assume anything. You know only what you know.
54. Never assume that anything’s impossible. Don’t assume anything. You never know when something exciting may happen.
55. Never assume anything, because when you’re wrong you will be ridiculed, laughed at, and humiliated—and this is everything.
56. Never assume anything. Because you know what they say about making assumptions.
57. Never assume anything. Live your life as an open book, so that when people ask you who you are, you can tell them everything they want to know.
58. Never assume anything when you can ask. You may be surprised by what you learn.
59. Never assume anything, except this: I would rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing love.
60. Never assume anything. Knowledge is power, and the truth shall set you free.
61. Never assume anything. Understand everything. Never assume anything about anyone
62. You never know what you might miss if you don’t look around. People don’t care about what you know until they know that you care.
63. Build a life that feels good to you, not what others assume is right. Never assume anything—especially that she’s not into you.
64. Never assume anything and always do whatever you want, if you don’t like it, leave it.
65. Never assume anything. That way you’ll be able to understand. Never assume anything. Do it to find out.
66. Never assume anything. Everything is a possibility.
67. Never assume anything. If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right.
68. You never know what you can do unless you try, don’t ever assume anything.
69. Don’t assume. Find the courage to ask. Be yourself- everyone else is taken.
70. Life’s too short for mind games and assumptions. Be bold, or go home.
71. Life is better when you take risks. Never assume anything. You just might be surprised by what you find out.
72. Never assume anything, remember always think and analyze.
73. Never assume anything. The person who makes the most assumptions makes the most mistakes.
74. Never assume anything. That will clear up 90% of all your problems.
75. You can never assume anything; do your best to have a proper attitude and confidence in everything you’re doing.
76. Don’t assume anything about a person, you never know which day would be their last.
77. Never make assumptions. Find out what people think by asking questions.
78. Don’t assume anything in regards to your goals. There is no shortcut or magical trick that will solve all the hard work.
79. So many of us assume that our life will turn out a certain way. But the truth is, sometimes life throws you for a loop in ways you never expected, but sometimes it turns out better than you could have imagined.
80. Life happens when you’re busy making other plans. Never assume anything. Not everyone’s here because they’re all busy being someone else.
81. Never assume anything. Say what you mean and mean what you say to keep misunderstandings away.
82. Never assume anything. You don’t know what you don’t know.
83. Don’t assume things. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
84. Don’t make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
85. Don’t assume, because you could be wrong. If a person doesn’t do anything to correct a wrong they did to you, they’re not a friend, they’re just someone who stood next to you.
86. Never assume anything, because you can’t know what’s in a heart.
87. Never assume anything. Because you’ll find yourself in some pretty embarrassing situations.
88. Never assume anything—especially what people think of you “Never assume anything. Always speak in questioning tones.
89. Never assume anything, since the best answer is always your own. Answer only one question—the one you ask yourself.
90. Be grateful for what you’ve got, never assume anything.
91. Never assume you know what people mean when they say something.
92. Never assume. You know what they say about people who assume: They make idiots of themselves or assume too much or assume mistakenly.
93. Don’t assume that you know what someone else is going through and just ask them. Take the time to support your friends, and they’ll never forget it.
94. If you never take risks, you’ll never know what might have been.
95. Never assume anything, because if you do, you will always be right and never learn anything.
96. Never assume anything. Do not make assumptions about people, places and things.
97. Don’t assume anything about anybody. Everyone has a story and everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. So be nice to people and don’t judge them.
98. You can’t always assume everyone is thinking about you, but if you treat them as if they are, they will be.
99. Never assume anything, because when you don’t assume anything, you’ll be right at least twice out of every 3 assumptions.
100. Never assume anything. The most obvious solution is often the least likely to be correct.
101. Assumptions are among the most pernicious risks to human intelligence. Never assume anything.
It is easy to make assumptions – sometimes it happens so quickly that we aren’t even aware of it. But it’s not always harmless. If you do so often and make the wrong assumptions, you will face the negative effects of assumptions.
All thanks to the amazing quotes here about never making assumptions. With them, we can get strengthened to do away with assumptions. Don’t forget to share these never assume anything quotes with your friends and family.