Losing an aunt is hard. Losing a mother, father, brother or sister is also really tough, but losing an aunt is something else entirely. Aunts are more than just family members to you: they’re in most cases your friend, mentor and a good shoulder to cry on. It’s not unusual to feel that you can’t talk about your aunt’s death with anybody else, especially if she is a dear one.
Losing an aunt is painful. It’s like losing a part of yourself, and it never gets easier because the death of someone close to you is always hard, but losing an aunt has its own unique set of challenges. You might feel like no one understands what you’re going through better than your aunt did.
The loss of an aunt can be especially difficult if she was young — or if you were very close to her. You may feel that it’s unfair that she died so young, or that you didn’t have enough time with her. You might feel guilty because you weren’t able to spend more time with her before her death or angry with yourself for not being able to do anything about it in the first place!
If you are having trouble coping with your grief after losing an aunt, take comfort in knowing that this is perfectly normal and understandable behaviour and check this collection of one year ago today I lost my aunt quotes.
One Year Ago Today I Lost My Aunt Quotes
It hurts me so much to think back to one year ago today when I lost my aunt, who was like a second mother to me. It seems impossible that a year could have passed. But I’m thankful every day that she was in my life and took care of me like no one ever had before.
1. One year ago today, I lost my aunt to cancer. It seems like it was only yesterday; she was such a special person. She touched so many lives with her kindness and generosity, and I miss her every day. It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year since I held her hand for the last time, but remembering my aunt today makes me feel closer to her again.
2. Today marks one year since my aunt passed away. I am so grateful for all of the wisdom and knowledge that she shared with me before she died. I am so saddened by her loss, but glad to have gotten to know her in the brief time that we had. Her kind, loving nature will forever be an inspiration to me.
3. I lost my aunt one year ago today. She is missed. I hope that you are at peace knowing that she has gone on to be with her husband. Thank you for everything you did to help us in those last few days before her passing.
4. My aunt was my inspiration. She was always encouraging me to continue on my journey and do what makes me happy. I never had the chance to say goodbye, but one year later, I’m still trying to hold on to the memories we shared.
5. It seems so surreal. That’s how I feel, too. It doesn’t seem real. How could someone so young and full of energy be gone? She was my first babysitter. We went back a long way, me and my aunt. And there were so many things to come in between, things that make me smile when I think about her – her uncanny ability to make me laugh at the right time, her love of music (she was always singing in the car), her world travels…there were so many memories; this is just some of them.
6. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. She was a positive person and her life was full of laughter. She loved me so much and she always stood by me. She was a great role model for me.
7. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. She was a strong advocate for women’s rights, civil rights, and world peace. I read her speeches now and then to remind myself of the importance of fighting for what you believe in. Today, as I’m thinking of her and all her passion for life more than 12 months later, it makes me think about how much love she had for people and ideas which brings me to tears almost daily but also motivates me to keep going.
8. Today, one year ago, I lost my aunt to cancer. It was the day before my high school graduation and I cannot go back. She was not supposed to die that day. I’m almost positive she didn’t mean for it to happen either because she spent months preparing with me for that day.
9. One year ago today, I lost my Aunt. Losing a loved one is heartbreaking, but losing a close family member is even more devastating. Her absence leaves a hole in my heart that will never go away.
10. My aunt was sick for a long time. She finally passed away last year. It’s been so hard to get through this past year without her, but I know she’s in a better place now. She will always be loved and missed dearly.
11. Today marks one year since losing my aunt, who was not only my aunt but also my best friend. She was the most genuine, compassionate person I’ve ever met in my life and will never be forgotten. Today is a day to remember her and all that she did for me in the past.
12. I have always been close to my aunt, and her death was an enormous blow to our family. It feels like a lot has happened since that day and yet when I look back the last year seems blurred by a fog of grief. Today, we honour her memory but also celebrate the fact that we still have each other.
13. This is to remember my aunt, who was taken from me too soon. You made me laugh, and you helped me be a better person. I miss you and hope you are at peace now.
14. My family and I lost my aunt to a fatal illness last year and this day is always a difficult one. I’m thankful that so many people reached out to express their condolences during this time, especially those who did so in person.
15. My aunt and her husband have been gone for a year now. It still hurts, but less so than it did yesterday and even last month. I think that’s because each day that passes brings us closer to the good times we shared, rather than farther away. So here’s to you auntie and uncle, who are still in my heart.
16. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. She was my biggest role model, but when she passed away I realized there was so much more to her than just being an inspiration. She was kind and thoughtful, she would sit with me while I had dinner and we would talk about everything under the sun; from boys to politics to family get-togethers. She loved singing karaoke and dancing in her seat at dinner parties! It’s been a year but I still miss her smile every day.
17. One year ago today… I lost my aunt. She was there for me when I needed her most, and no matter how much time passes, those days will always be a part of me. She was so special, and I miss her every day.
18. Today, one year ago, I lost my aunt. She was my best friend and she battled cancer for years before succumbing to it. I’m still devastated and angry about her death, but all these amazing people in my life have made it easier for me to cope and remember the good times we had together.
19. I remember the day I lost my aunt so clearly as if it was yesterday. Her passing has been a difficult lesson for me to learn, as she taught me many lessons throughout her life. A year later, our family is finally beginning to heal from her loss of her. I hope that we can continue to cherish the memories we shared while she was still with us.
20. It was a sunny day in May, today. I remember her sitting on her window side playing the flute. She turned and smiled at me, raising her hand as a sign of hello. I waved back, smiling as she was always smiling at us like she had the happiest life in the world. A year has passed and I still remember her more than anyone else in this world.
21. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. She will always be in my heart and she was a very special person. I miss her dearly and wish that she were still alive today.
22. A year ago today I lost my aunt to cancer. She fought so hard and she meant the world to me. Her love and support were always there, even when she was sick and tired. Thank you for giving me a rock to lean on during life’s hardest times.
23. My aunt, who was like a mother figure to me, passed away one year ago today. She was a beautiful person who touched so many lives and changed so many people’s lives for the better. She is forever missed.
24. Today, I remember how much she loved her family. She was an amazing person who brought joy to all the people around her through the simple, yet powerful act of love. She will be missed dearly but never forgotten.
25. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. she was a light in our family and though she was sick for a long time I still never imagined that one day I would be writing this post saying goodbye to one of the most beautiful things in this world.
26. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. As we grieve the first anniversary of her passing, we remember that the memories of a loved one are never truly lost, and live on in our hearts forever.
27. Today marks the first anniversary of my aunt’s unexpected death. We miss her dearly, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without her influence. She was a kind soul who loved life and would do anything for her family. In honour of her life, I hope you can think back to someone who has had a profound impact on you and your life.
28. When my aunt died one year ago today, I felt a wave of grief wash over me that was almost too much to bear. She had been battling cancer for four years, which made the news of her passing no less tragic, but somehow it was easier to handle than other deaths in my life had been. I didn’t feel anything substantial until my husband reminded me that she could be gone forever. And even then, I felt like there were still so many things I wanted to tell her but wouldn’t get to.
29. My aunt was a fighter and an inspiration. She taught me to look forward to the future, not back on the past. I will never forget her kindness and courage as she fought this disease.
30. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. It has been a year of grief and reflection. Everything that reminds me of her brings tears to my eyes. I wish life would give us a do-over button and bring her back for just one more hug in the future.
31. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. She was my life, always there for me and always encouraging me to go after my dreams. I’ll never forget you, Auntie. I hope that you’re at peace from all the pain and sorrow of this life.
32. This is a sombre day for me. One year ago today, I lost my aunt, who was the closest thing to a mother I had ever known. Her passing made me realize that life is too short and that we should all make the most out of it as much as possible.
33. One year ago today I lost my aunt, who was like a second mother to me. To honour her memory, and keep her spirit alive in my heart, I am leaving something beautiful on the flower bed that she loved so much.
34. It’s hard to believe that it’s been one year since we lost you. Still, knowing that you’re living in our hearts and minds, is a comfort that helps us deal with the sadness of your absence.
35. One year ago today, I lost my aunt. It was the worst day of my life. I don’t know how to move on or how to cope with this. She was the perfect example of love and kindness, but she is gone now and that hurts me so much.
36. Today marks one year since my aunt passed away. I can’t believe it’s been a year, but the memories of her are still fresh in my mind. She was so full of life, and we shared a special connection that will never be replaced. I still ask myself why you left me so young, but know that you died doing what you loved most – riding your bike. Thank you for always being there for me, and giving me advice when I needed it most. You’re always in my thoughts and my heart, going to miss the heck out of you until we meet again (which will hopefully be soon). Your niece always.
37. It’s been a year since I lost my aunt. A day that is etched in my mind forever and makes me question what the meaning of life is. Why do we have to lose people we love? Why do I miss my aunt so much? Is there a point to all this sadness?
Hello there! I hope the collection of one year ago today I lost my aunt quotes gives you all the happiness you seek. Please do well to share the post with others. Thank you.