Orienteering is a physical activity that demands intense concentration, demanding your brain and your body. Orienteers navigate using a topographic map and compass to move from point to point in the forest as quickly as possible. There are many different navigation styles, with the most popular being along clearly marked “orienteering routes” (those marked by an orienteering organization) or off-trail while following a preferred line.
Have you ever played orienteering before? I’ve been doing it since I was a kid; I think that’s why my sense of direction is so bad today. You run around with a compass and map, looking for little arrows stuck in trees. Whoever finds them all first wins, but it’s hard to win if you can’t find your way through the woods.
Orienteering is a sport for the mind rather than the body. It involves walking or running through an area of woods or countryside with a map and using it to work out where you are. You have to be both physically fit and mentally alert to complete a course successfully; this is what orienteering is all about.
When it comes to sports, you can’t beat orienteering. Whether you’re new to the sport, or a veteran looking to get into racing, these orienteering quotes and sayings will spur you on to greater achievement.
Orienteering Quotes and Sayings
Orienteering is a study of patience and planning. Those who can properly rely on these attributes will likely be successful, at least initially. You can stay out walking, hiking or even exploring to characterize the activity, but don’t call it orienteering unless you’re doing it.
1. Orienteering is an adventure! When you push yourself off the track, away from the crowd, and into the woods, your senses awaken.
2. On orienteering, you can never be sure where one turn takes you. But once you start exploring and finding your way, the unknown becomes a fun adventure.
3. Orienteering is not a race against time but a journey through time.
4. In the maze of life, like orienteering, anyone can get lost. But you don’t have to be afraid of losing because you’re never really lost. You need to ask someone to hold your hand and show you the way home.
5. In the wild, you cannot see the whole map. In a competition, you cannot see all competitors at once.
6. You can never be sure where one turn leads you, but once you start exploring and finding your way, the unknown becomes a fun adventure.
7. Explore the unknown when you embrace orienteering.
8. Orienteering is a fun adventure.
9. No map or GPS can take you exploring new places and discovering your future.
10. The first step is often the hardest, but the rest is fun once you find your way.
11. Be brave. Be you. Follow your heart, and let’s explore the unknown together.
12. You never know where your next adventure will be. Let’s explore together
13. No map is perfect—and the journey is what makes the adventure.
14. Go out and explore. You may never know where your adventures will lead you.
15. Experience adventure like never before!
16. You never know where you’ll end up on an orienteering course, but it’s always fun.
17. The best parts of orienteering are the unknowns. Who knows where you’ll end up?
18. The only thing you can be sure of is this: There will always be more to explore in orienteering.
19. You don’t have to be a mountain climber to find your adventure. The mountains are calling, and it’s time to go exploring.
20. Explore the city and find your adventure to get out there.
21. Who needs to travel when you can explore your surroundings?
22. Overnighting in the woods, alone. It’s not about finding your way home. It’s about the journey.
23. You will find yourself in uncharted territory, and it is there that you find the most rewarding parts of life.
24. There is no turning back once you start, and your path is never the same as before.
25. Orienteering resonates with freedom. One of our greatest joys is to share this experience with you.
26. Don’t forget the first rule of orienteering: You don’t know where you are until you know where you’re going.
27. If you want to get lost – in a good way – orienteering is for you.
28. You will encounter a variety of terrains while orienteering. Embrace the adventure, and don’t be afraid of getting lost!
29. Orienteering is a sport that challenges your mind and body.
30. Map reading is key to every orienteer’s success.
31. Explore new terrain with a focus on always finding the way.
32. The adventure never ends.
33. This is your chance to discover a new world of discovery, excitement and adventure.
34. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, especially if you are new to orienteering or haven’t competed before.
35. As in orienteering, the more you practice, the more likely you will find your path home.
36. It’s all about the right strategy, the right map and the right choice of route.
37. The map is the key to your success. It’s not just a tool; it’s an extension of your body and the mind.
38. Don’t just follow the signs; you know where they’re going. Study a map and never get lost!
39. Mountains and valleys, rivers and streams. Set your compass and get ready for the best day of your life.
40. You may get lost along the way, but you’re sure to find something new and amazing.
41. Sense of adventure overtakes you on any given orienteering adventure. Get lost in the woods and have fun!
42. When you’re out on an adventure, you can get lost anywhere. So embrace the adventure, and don’t be afraid of getting lost!
43. The world is your oyster. Get ready to explore; the hills await you.
44. You will run into hilly, rocky terrain and forested areas. Don’t be afraid of getting lost!
45. Explore the great outdoors with a map and compass in hand. The journey is part of the adventure.
46. Do you have what it takes to navigate a cave, forest or mountain?
47. If you’re looking for a fun challenge, finding your way around the woods is an excellent way to test your skills.
48. Get lost in a challenging wilderness and discover your inner explorer.
49. Step into the wilderness and discover your inner explorer by identifying tracks, predicting animal behaviour, and preparing survival food.
50. Get lost in an ever-changing environment, survive in the wilderness and find pieces of a forgotten past.
51. Discover an amazing outdoor experience with the help of our expert guides.
52. Challenge yourself with a sleep-deprived hike in the middle of nowhere; the feeling of the wilderness will keep you wondering why we have so many artificial luxuries.
53. Come and discover a world that tells a story of who you are.
54. Choose your adventure. The path is never straight ahead; it’s always a little crooked and full of adventures you’ll never forget.
55. Life will never be a straight path; there will always be curves and turns to keep you on your toes, but that’s what makes life fun.
56. You’re about to enter a world of adventure. The best part is that you have a map, but you have no idea where you’re going.
57. You have a map and start to plan your next adventure, but you still don’t know exactly where you’re going.
58. The world is waiting for discoveries. You have a map, but there are still uncharted areas. What kind of discoveries will you make?
59. You’re about to embark on a ride of your life. Buckle up because you’re in for the long run.
60. From the moment you enter, a sense of adventure overtakes you. Exotic surroundings surround you, and you feel a rush of excitement and anticipation.
61. It’s time to get behind the wheel and follow your adventures wherever they take you.
62. Put your compass to use and get ready for one wild ride.
63. If you can’t handle the adventure, don’t go there.
64. No matter how far you get lost, you will always find your way back home.
Hopefully, these orienteering quotes and sayings have inspired you to get out there and explore orienteering. Get out there with a compass, a map, and the goal of having fun no matter what. Keep in mind the advice we’ve given you above, and I think you will enjoy success in everything from training to competitions. Thanks for reading.