We live in a world where people find it difficult to tell the truth. From time to time, you are bound to come across people who would lie to you. When this happens, you tend to feel bad, as if all the trust you put in the person has been shattered. This betrayal might even make you feel sceptical about trusting other people.
When you are lied to, it arouses different negative feelings in you, such as anger, resentment, heartbreak, and even depression. The motives behind the lies would also determine how you feel. People lying to you makes you feel less valued and unworthy of the truth.
So many people lie every day, and it’s not right. There is no need for anyone to lie, so why do some people feel like it? Irrespective of the reasons, it is better not to lie because a lie can never be covered up with another lie. It’s always there, no matter how often you try to cover it up.
The negative effects of lies are far-reaching. Lying is a vile habit capable of destroying relationships and creating distrust among people. It affects both the liar and the person that is being lied to. Check out these quotes about being lied to express your feelings.
Quotes About Being Lied To
When you’re being lied to by someone, it makes you feel like they are saying you’re not worth their word. It also makes you feel like your word means nothing. In times of emotional hardship and sadness, this will have the greatest effect—especially when it comes from someone we love and care about.
1. It’s bad enough to be lied to once, but it’s even more hurtful when you realize you were lied to repeatedly.
2. Being lied to makes you feel sad; it’s even sadder when the person that lies to you is a loved one.
3. Being lied to by someone you trust is a terrible feeling.
4. The worst part about being lied to is that it doesn’t just stop there. It affects your entire relationship, and you can never fully trust the person again
5. Being lied to by someone hurts a little more.
6. When you are being lied to, you not only feel like the person isn’t being honest with you, but they disrespect your intelligence.
7. Lying can be emotionally draining and hurtful for those being lied to.
8. Being lied to feels like a betrayal of trust. It’s a fallacy. It creates false hopes and expectations by making you think that someone cares about you when they don’t.
9. Being lied to by someone is mean. It’s not only the fact that they aren’t being honest with you, but they are also trying to make you look stupid
10. Being lied to hurts. It’s a way of being disrespected.
11. When you are being lied to, it can be painful. It makes you feel like you’re not important or deserving of honesty.
12. No one likes being lied to. But when someone we care about lies to us, it can feel like the world is ending.
13. When we realize that we’re being lied to, it’s easy to feel angry, sad, or even afraid. It can make us wonder if others might lie to us too.
14. Being lied to is upsetting and scary. It makes us suspicious of friends and family.
15. Being lied to by someone creates a feeling of distrust, sometimes even causing permanent damage to your relationship with that person.
16. It breaks your heart when you learn that you are being lied to by someone. This is because lying always comes from a place of fear and insecurity.
17. Being lied to by someone makes you sad about losing trust, trust, and love.
18. When you are being lied to by someone, you are likely to harbour a grudge against them.
19. It’s horrible when you’re being lied to by someone, especially when that person does it so often.
20. You will find that the more you talk to people, the more you will realize that most people have experienced being lied to by someone.
21. When you’re being lied to by someone, whether it’s about something small or something big, it makes you feel like they don’t value you as a person.
22. When you’re being lied to by someone, it makes you feel like they are saying you’re not worth their word. It also makes you feel like your word means nothing.
23. If you’re being lied to by someone, such a person doesn’t value your dignity.
24. Being lied to by someone might make you feel that you or your feelings don’t matter.
25. Being lied to by someone can be a frustrating experience. It demeans you and makes you feel insignificant. Real love paints the truth, even when it hurts the relationship.
26. Being lied to by people erodes your self-worth. It makes you feel as if you can’t trust anyone or anything. You may not immediately see the effect of someone else’s lie, but it leaves a stain on your soul.
27. Being lied to by people is something we all hate. We hate feeling like someone is trying to manipulate us or thinks they are better than us.
28. Being lied to by someone can hurt your feelings and make you feel pretty uncomfortable.
29. Being lied to by someone is hurtful, even when it’s something small.
30. Being lied to by someone who claims to care about you is very disappointing.
31. Being lied to can be disrespectful. It makes you feel like the person doesn’t care about you.
32. If you are being lied to constantly by people, then you should change your circle.
33. When you’re being lied to, it makes you question your capacity to make right or wrong decisions.
34. When we realize that something we have believed is a lie, it hurts. You might start to fear being lied to about so much more.
35. Being lied to can make us feel angry and disgusted, and we begin to doubt the ones who lied to us.
36. Lying is never okay. It hurts people to discover that they are being lied to.
37. Even though you know that everyone lies, being lied to is still painful.
38. Being lied to feels like taking a blow torch to your self-esteem.
39. Nothing stings like being lied to. It makes you wonder if you can trust someone that much.
40. It can be heartbreaking when you realize that you’re being lied to by the person you thought was right for you the whole time.
41. ”You can trust me.” ”I swear it’s true.” If you hear these phrases repeatedly, you’re probably being lied to.
42. The thing about being lied to by someone close to you is that you find it difficult to trust someone again.
43. Being lied to by people feels bad, but it is even more hurtful when family members do it.
44. Being lied to by someone can make you feel stupid and even question your intelligence.
45. So many people are being lied to every day, and it’s not right. There is no need for anyone to lie, so why do some people feel like it?
46. It’s heartbreaking to know that we are being lied to daily. We feel like we can’t trust anybody and that the world is full of deception.
47. I wish I didn’t feel this way. But every I am being lied to, it feels like you’re saying I’m too stupid to notice.
48. Sometimes, we are tired of being lied to. We just need someone who can be honest with us.
49. Being lied to is like someone telling you, “I don’t care what you think. I’m smarter than you, and I’ll prove it.”
50. I hate it when I am lied to. I wish you could just have the courage to tell me the truth.
51. Being lied to feels like a letdown.
52. Being lied to can make you feel unappreciated.
53. Being lied to makes you feel foolish for believing that some people could be honest with you.
54. When we discover that we are being lied to by our loved ones, it can be hurtful and overwhelming, causing us to withdraw from friends and family.
55. I hate being lied to by anybody. It hurts my communication with them and leaves me feeling alone and confused.
56. Being lied to can be painful, but it is worse when someone lies to you for selfish reasons.
57. Being lied to can be very frustrating. Everyone has a right to the truth.
58. Being lied to by your partner makes you feel like you are not loved enough to be treated with respect.
59. It’s the worst feeling when you realize you are being lied to by the person you trusted and loved.
60. It hits you hard when you realise you are being lied to. We can feel our IQ drop a few points for believing the lie.
61. Sometimes, accepting that you are being lied to is hard. You might hear the sincerity in the person’s voice, but deep down, you just know they are lying.
62. Liars find it hard to change. If you find out that you are being lied to by someone, it’s better to stop associating with them.
63. It’s painful to discover that you are being lied to by some you thought would always tell the truth.
64. Being lied to can be painful, but we can’t escape it. It happens to everyone.
65. Being lied to can take a severe toll on your emotional health, particularly if the betrayal is between two people who trust each other.
66. If you discover that you are being lied to and find it difficult to forgive, try to remember the times you also lied to others.
67. The truth is the truth, and lies are lies. Being lied to makes me feel that I can’t trust the person lying to me, breaking my heart.
68. I hate being lied to. If you are going to lie, make it believable, at least.
69. It makes me sad to know that people are being lied to by their friends and family.
70. Everyone feels hurt when they are lied to. We all want to be treated with respect and honesty in our relationships.
71. Being lied to can be one of the worst feelings in the world. When you’re being lied to in a relationship, you don’t feel like anything you do is good enough.
72. To avoid being lied to, knowing who you can trust in this cruel world is important.
73. Lying is an unfortunate part of life. We have to deal with it in our relationships and our careers. Don’t feel let down if you ever discover that you are being lied to.
74. Being lied to can be so painful that you even find it difficult to confront the liar.
75. When you are being lied to by someone, it makes you feel that they don’t have your best interest in mind.
76. When you are being lied to constantly, you feel very lonely and begin to think that you can’t trust anyone except yourself.
77. I’m tired of being lied to; it hurts my heart and makes me feel stupid.
78. Being lied to by family members is more painful because we are built to trust each other, and when that trust is broken, lives are changed forever.
79. Nobody likes being lied to, but the intention behind the lie can sometimes determine how much it hurts.
80. Don’t be hard on yourself if you discover that you are being lied to. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, people just lie to us.
81. When you’re being lied to, it makes you feel angry
82. Being lied to makes me instantly angry and sad.
83. Being lied to makes it easy to lose self-esteem repeatedly. Even worse, repeated lies can lead to depression.
84. Being lied to day after day about your value, your beauty, and your capabilities can lead to depression
85. Being lied to can be a terrible experience. Sometimes, you can only hope that the liar realizes it and apologize to you.
86. Being lied to feels awful. It even takes an emotional toll on you.
87. The pain of being lied to worsens when the lair refuses to admit the lie.
88. Being lied to makes me feel like I can’t trust that person, and it makes me feel sad.
89. Being lied to is like having a hole in your heart. It leaves you feeling vulnerable and upset.
90. Lying is morally wrong. It hurts the people that are being lied to.
91. The biggest downside of being lied to is that it creates a feeling of distrust.
92. I hate being lied to because it makes me feel sad and betrayed. Liars may be out to steal my identity, ruin my reputation, or otherwise cause harm to me.
93. When next you are being lied to, remember it is not just lies, but an attempt to manipulate you.
94. When we are being lied to by someone we trusted, we can only hope they learn from their mistakes.
95. Being lied to by someone leaves you feeling anxious and suspicious.
96. Being lied to about even the smallest of things can hurt. The little lies are just as bad as the big lies.
97. I hate being lied to. Some people think that if they say something and keep saying it, the recipient will eventually believe them.
98. Being lied to can be very annoying. I think there is no reason adults should lie.
99. Despite the downsides of lies, it’s a shame that many people are being lied to daily.
100. Being lied to can be painful. It is also hard to forget.
The effects of lies cut deeper than we can imagine. No matter how much you have been lied to, don’t let anyone make you feel like you don’t deserve the truth. I hope these quotes about being lied to have motivated you to choose truth over lies. Do share your thoughts in the comment section, and feel free to send them to as many people as possible.