Avoiding is an unpleasant task, but sometimes, we have to do it. We try to avoid bad people while keeping good ones close by. No one likes a loser, and certain personalities repel us. Avoiding someone can be easy for us but sometimes but it might not be too okay.
Some people are hard to ignore. For others, it is impossible to avoid them. Generally, you might have a person or two who can comfortably be called “hard to avoid”. They somehow earn their place in your consciousness and never go away.
How do you deal with people who you don’t like? Do you ignore them, complain to others about them or confront the person directly? If you can relate to the above, then the following quotes on avoiding a person should help you move forward.
Quotes on Avoiding a Person
The person that hurt you is one that chose to do so. Don’t let them hold you down, steer clear of them, even though avoiding a person is hard. There’s no need to be bitter, but if you do feel that way, find the strength to move on and don’t let them have the last word.
1. If you are getting grief from someone, the absolute best thing you can do is to completely ignore them. If they can not bother you anymore, then there is nothing they can do except move on and find someone else to annoy.
2. One of the most popular ways to not associate yourself with someone is by being a hater.
3. A wise man once said, “Never take advice from someone who is not where you want to be”. Avoid such a person.
4. That awkward moment in your life is when you are talking to someone and realizes they aren’t listening.
5. Keep your distance from folks who refuse to confess when they’re wrong and who attempt to make you feel like everything is your fault all the time.
6. Life is far too brief to be consumed by a negative person you need to avoid.
7. You know what they say: avoid the person who avoids you. Avoiding a person is a wise choice.
8. In life, we all have those people we could do without. Whether it’s an ex-boyfriend who broke your heart into a million pieces, a friend that isn’t a true friend or a boss that micromanages you — avoiding these people is healthy.
9. Avoid a person who does not see things your way, who hurls stones at you along the road of life, and who brings sadness and joy to your heart.
10. Avoid a person who makes you feel like you have to prove yourself. You’re better than that.
11. Don’t hang out with a person who is mean to you, don’t stay in a relationship that makes you feel bad, and don’t put up with friends who disrespect you.
12. To avoid people who bring you down, stay away from negative people. They can kill your vibe and make you a downer!
13. Avoiding a person becomes like an allergy to your life. If you take the time to get rid of all the negative thoughts that come up inside of your mind, avoiding them will become very easy.
14. You would rather be alone than being with a person who makes you feel alone.
15. Avoid someone like the plague: don’t even try to deal with them or allow them to deal with you.
16. Avoid people who make you feel small. Avoid them like the plague.
17. You’re not the only person in this world who doesn’t like someone. They are just not made for you.
18. The second biggest mistake: is thinking you can solve the problems on your own. Go to someone who wants to help you. And avoid that person who does not value you.
19. If they keep talking trash, they can’t hear you walk away. Stay Strong and avoid it.
20. Never give the toxic people in your life the opportunity to harm you, your mind, body and soul. They are not worth it.
21. The ones you love will always be there for you. The ones who don’t love you will not be there for you. So avoid them.
22. Not that they are bad, but they just make you feel tired of life. Avoid them.
23. What we need to do is to learn how to avoid a person without feeling guilty about it.
24. The worst is when you try to avoid a person, and they follow you, like some creepy anglerfish.
25. Don’t be around people who hate themselves. Avoid them.
26. It is not that you’re the terrible option between two great ones. You’re just the wrong one.
27. I don’t choose to hang out with people who are negative or bring me down.
28. It is better to be alone than with someone who makes you feel alone.
29. I’m not trying to be mean right now; I just need you to leave me alone.
30. Because at the end of the day, you’re the one who has to live with your decisions. They’re a little bit like poison. Avoid them all.
31. When you run into someone who triggers you, avoid that person. It’s OK to permit yourself to not be around people who make you feel bad about yourself.
32. The best way to not get involved with someone is to make him or her your enemy, for the enemy always represents a challenge.
33. Avoid rushing into a bad relationship: date yourself for as long as it takes, and you’ll never have to settle for anything less than you deserve.
34. Don’t remain friends with the person you keep falling into toxic behaviour with. Avoid them.
35. Should you stay or should you go? At times, it can be challenging to determine whether someone is worth your time.
36. It’s important to focus on your own life and passions, not just what other people want you to do.
37. Deception comes in all shapes and sizes, but the best way to avoid it is straightforward: Trust only yourself.
38. Don’t let your fear change your path in life. Avoid those you need to avoid.
39. Stay away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great.
40. Everybody has a right to be happy. If you don’t have happiness, it is your fault. When you see someone else that makes you feel unhappy, get away from them. Friendship cannot thrive in the presence of resentment.
41. Take your time. Don’t let anyone rush you back into something that doesn’t feel right to you.
42. If you’re hanging out with people you don’t like or respect, it just makes it easier to do the right thing and avoid them.
43. Avoid the people who make you feel bad about yourself.
44. I once thought I was stuck with an unhealthy relationship, but you can be free from anything that drags you down.
45. Stay away from people who make you feel like you’re hard to love.
46. Don’t waste your time on someone who isn’t going to give you yours.
47. Don’t let toxic people have power over you. Cut them out of your life and move on with a fresh, positive start.
48. Don’t get too familiar with anyone. If you’re going to know them, it will only be for a short while.
49. The less time you have to spend with someone, the more you miss them.
50. If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you loved the first person, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.
51. Stay away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
52. This person is not worth your tears, and they’re not worth your time.
53. When your best friend does something that hurts you or embarrasses you, don’t be afraid to tell them. And if they don’t listen, it’s time to confront them in a respectful but assertive way.
54. Don’t give time to people who don’t deserve it.
55. The biggest mistake that you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one stay with you forever.
56. Stop wasting time and energy on negative thoughts, situations, or people. There is too much beauty in the world to focus on anything else.
57. Remember that the most powerful weapon against someone is to avoid them.
58. It’s not that you’re afraid to see them. It’s just easier to avoid them.
59. You’re better off without a toxic person in your life.
60. Running away from a problem never solves it. Avoid the drama and stay away from that person.
61. Avoiding people running from pain and heartbreak can lead you astray. Make sure you’re choosing the right path for yourself.
62. You don’t have to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
63. I’m not trying to be cruel right now; all I want is for you to leave me alone.
64. Rejection doesn’t mean you’re not good enough. It just means that this opportunity isn’t for you.
65. We all have that one person in our lives who just can’t seem to stay out of our business. To avoid them, try something new.
66. Don’t let that person bring you down. Don’t let them slip into your headspace and infect your mind with negativity. You are better than that.
67. Stay inspired. Avoid toxic people.
68. The day you are afraid of someone is the day you start to lose yourself.
69. If you’re just finding out about these things, don’t worry. You can delete them from your photos quickly and easily.
70. Strive for self-love. Don’t let anyone bring you down.
71. Ignore the negativity: if you just positively look at things, you won’t have time to notice.
72. Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle! Avoid them.
73. Being alone is preferable to being with someone who makes you feel alone.
74. Avoid the person who is always negative and does nothing but bring you down. Avoid that person and all their drama.
75. You’re NEVER too old to cut ties with someone who doesn’t respect you. Trust yourself, your instincts, and the voice inside your head.
76. Don’t talk to people who suck the happiness out of you.
77. Don’t waste your time. Better people are waiting for you.
78. Don’t waste your time with people who aren’t interested in you. You’re the prize, not them.
79. My mom taught me that saying no is a powerful way to show love.
80. Don’t allow yourself to be dragged back into a mediocre existence. Don’t run in place. Move forward, look up and set your sights on your future. It’s waiting for you!
81. Avoiding that person is like steering clear of a minefield. Here’s how to steer clear of them.
82. Avoid being in the company of persons who despise themselves. They should be avoided.
83. There’s nothing worse than avoiding someone you know is an inevitability, so why not just embrace it?
84. Don’t be the person someone avoids when it comes to navigating conflict.
85. Don’t let people who are immature and manipulative get to you.
86. Don’t let that person bring you down. If a person does not have something positive to say, then they should not be talking in the first place. Instead of letting people hold you back from your goals, set yourself free from everyone who is trying to burden you with negativity.
87. Stop. Don’t. Take a chance. Give them a chance. And you’ll never know what could happen.
88. Time to turn on those lucky charms and walk away from a toxic relationship that isn’t making you happy.
89. You can avoid negative people and still be positive in life.
90. If you’re not a fan, don’t stand in the way of someone’s dreams. Always keep moving forward.
91. It’s not that you’re the poor man’s choice between two excellent candidates. It’s just that you’re the incorrect person.
92. Remember, always walk away from a fight. Nobody likes a bad loser.
93. Some people are like Slinkies: not good for anything, but you can’t help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
94. The best way to avoid a person is to keep moving forward.
95. Avoiding toxic people and situations is like ripping off a band-aid. It might hurt, but you’ll feel so much better in the end.
96. Never date a person who you are avoiding and who does not get you.
97. Avoid toxic people—they’ll drag you down. And if you can’t avoid them, stay the heck away from them.
98. Tune out that one negative person who’s always down on your dreams.
99. Don’t put up with the negativity in your life. Make the change today.
100. You don’t have to be somebody you’re not, and you don’t have to impress anybody.
101. Keep your distance from those who refuse to admit when they’re wrong and try to make you feel like everything is always your fault.
102. After all, you’re the one who has to live with the consequences of your choices. They have a poisonous quality about them. All of these should be avoided.
I hope you liked this collection of quotes on avoiding a person. Sometimes, avoiding a person is the best option, just make sure you don’t become too attached to something or someone that won’t reciprocate your feelings for them. Let go of them and let time do the rest.
Let me know what you think of this post in the comment section, will you? Thank you for reading, please share this post with your loved ones before you go.