Corruption is the abuse of public office for private gain. Corruption may include many activities, including bribery, embezzlement, nepotism, patronage, and graft. Misuse of government power for other purposes, such as repression of political opponents and general police brutality, is also considered political corruption.
Bribery is the act of giving money or gifts to a government official in exchange for favours such as business contracts or employment. Bribery can be a form of corruption when it takes place within an organization. It can also be used as a business model that promotes political connections to profit from contracts with government agencies.
Corruption and bribery are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same thing. Corruption is about the abuse of public office for private gain. In contrast, bribery is about offering or receiving money or gifts in exchange for favours or services performed by the person who receives them.
Bribery and corruption are not just limited to politics; they happen in all areas of life where people have power over others, such as in business, law enforcement and education. Below are quotes on bribery and corruption enjoy.
Quotes on Bribery and Corruption
Bribery and corruption are at the root of our problems in government. Bribery is the art of buying an agreement or a license from a public official to get what you want; it includes offering or receiving money or gifts.
1. Bribery and corruption are illegal. They are not a matter of public opinion but a matter of law.
2. Bribery and corruption are a part of the human condition.
3. Bribery and corruption are the worst of enemies, and they’ll do anything to stop us from being successful.
4. Bribery and Corruption are as old as civilization. The ancient Greeks and Romans practised it, and so did the Chinese and Japanese.
5. Bribery and corruption are never acceptable. Don’t be afraid to speak up; it could make the difference between life and death in some countries.
6. Bribery and corruption have no place in business. It is a violation of the very spirit of entrepreneurship. We will continue to fight against this menace without fear or favour and pursue those who seek to do us harm.
7. There is no difference between bribery and corruption. The only difference is how much money you earn.
8. Bribery, corruption and abuse of power should never be tolerated. We must fight back against these unfair practices.
9. Bribery – A generous offer to a state official for which he accepts it in return for the promise of special favour. Corruption – The abuse of office for personal gain, esp. by a public official
10. If you want to get something done in this world, bribery is the way.
11. The best way to stop bribery is to expose it.
12. The moral of the story is: If you want to keep your job, don’t take bribes.
13. A bribe is a big word for giving a little.
14. If you’re going to bribe someone, make sure you’re buying something nice for them.
15. Bribery and corruption are as old as civilization.
16. Bribery and corruption are not just illegal; they are immoral.
17. Bribery and corruption are integral parts of our society. It’s easy to look the other way, but we must not.
18. Bribery and corruption are an attack on the institutions that make our society’s progress possible. It is a threat to democracy.
19. Bribery and corruption are the same things. Bribery is when you pay someone to do something they’d probably do anyway. Corruption is when you take something of value, whether it be money or power, and use it to change someone’s behaviour.
20. Bribery and corruption is a serious problem that affects our world. It’s time to stop bribery, corruption and influence peddling.
21. Bribery is the road to corruption, but corruption is the road to hell.
22. Bribery and corruption are the languages of fools. Be a person of integrity and speak your mind.
23. Bribery and corruption won’t win a war. It will only cost the lives of our soldiers and destroy what little is left of our democracy.
24. We live in a world where everything seems to be possible, but the truth is that bribery and corruption are so commonplace they are almost invisible.
25. Bribery, corruption & other things that make me angry
26. It’s never okay to bribe.
27. When you bribe someone, you lose your integrity. When you lie to them, you lose theirs.
28. A bribe is an ultimate insult. It’s like paying for a date – you don’t want to start off on the wrong foot.
29. Corruption is when the government is so corrupt that it can’t even bribe itself.
30. Bribery and corruption is a silent epidemic that permeates every aspect of society. It’s a disease that affects all of us, but most importantly, it’s one we can eradicate.
31. Bribery and corruption is a disease that plagues our society.
32. Bribery is a crime. Corruption is the act of giving someone something in exchange for something else.
33. Bribery and corruption are cancer that has eaten away at our society. We need to unite as a nation and come together in an effort to eradicate this disease from our land.
34. Bribery and Corruption are like mosquitoes. They can’t be stopped with a spray bottle, but you can beat them by staying hydrated. So take care of yourself and stay hydrated!
35. Bribery is the unlawful giving or accepting of something of value for the purpose of influencing actions or decisions.
36. Bribery, Corruption and Patronage: What’s the difference?
37. Bribery and corruption are the only things that keep our government working. So stop it already, Hillary.
38. Corruption is a cancer of society. Bribery, waste and fraud are symptoms of a corrupt system.
39. The corruption of bribery is like cancer that eats away at the heart of society.
40. Nothing corrupts like bribery. Nothing corrupts like bribery.
41. Corruption is the theft of public trust. Bribery is the acceptance of bribes offered by private sector companies so they can obtain government contracts.
42. The only thing worse than bribery is to be a bystander.
43. Bribery is a crime. Corruption is a disease.
44. Bribery and corruption are some of the most prominent issues in our world today. It’s important that we all have the right knowledge to make decisions that are ethical and appropriate.
45. Bribery and corruption are on the rise. It’s time to make a stand. We can’t let these criminals act with impunity.
46. Bribery and corruption are the most insidious threats to our democracy.
47. When bribery and corruption meet in a woman’s heart, the result is a shame.
48. Bribery is the wrong word. It is corrupt. Bribery is like a handshake between friends. Corruption is a kiss on both cheeks and a kick to the stomach.
49. Most people think bribery is something that happens in the office, not at home. Well, it doesn’t have to be.
50. Bribery is when you pay someone to hold a gun to your head. Corruption is when you pay them to pull the trigger.
51. A bribe is not a bribe if you do it without fear or favour. A bribe is not an act of corruption if it’s done to achieve some greater good.
52. Don’t accept bribes; they look bad on your resume.
53. Corruption is cancer that eats the soul and destroys the body; it cannot be cured with treatment, only by preventive measures.
54. Bribery and corruption are the roots of all evil. Happy day to the good people who are against it
55. Bribery and corruption are not only unethical, but it’s illegal. Help make a difference and spread the word.
56. Bribery and corruption are not just illegal. They are also immoral, unethical and wasteful.
57. Bribery and corruption are not just a way of life but a business model.
58. Bribery and corruption are serious problems. There is no place for this in our society.
59. Bribery and corruption are both illegal and immoral. They don’t belong in business or government.
60. Bribery is the corruption of public office for private gain.
61. Bribery and corruption are serious crimes that damage the public’s trust in government, create uncertainty and instability, hurt innocent people, and compromise honest public servants.
62. Bribery is the act of offering something of value to persuade a person to perform an act.
63. Bribery and corruption are not the nefarious deeds of a few rotten apples. It’s cancer that has spread throughout our culture and government—and it must be eradicated.
64. Bribery and corruption are not just about money. They can also be about power, influence, and control. Speak up against this practice and report any cases of corruption you encounter.
65. Corruption is a crime; bribery is a crime. You can’t have both.
66. I am not afraid of new ideas. I am more afraid of the people already in the wrong who will not change their minds.
67. You’ll never change the world by being agreeable, but you can astonish it with your integrity.
68. Bribery and corruption are the cheapest of all forms of influence.
69. Bribery and corruption are not only unethical but also illegal, punishable by law and costly mistakes.
70. Let’s be honest: Bribery is bad. It sends people to jail, harms the economy, and makes a dishonest person feel better about himself. But bribe-taking isn’t just unethical–it’s illegal. So don’t do it!
71. Bribery is the corrupting influence that can destroy a nation’s institutions, undermine its values and threaten its very existence. Today it is a global scourge.
72. Bribery does not pay. It can only get you in trouble, which is why it’s illegal.
73. Bribery and corruption happen every day. It is a global problem that requires global solutions.
74. Bribery and corruption are synonymous. Bribery is when you pay someone to give you something that you need, like a politician who pays off his donors to get re-elected. Corruption is when you buy something with your money that shouldn’t be bought.
75. Bribery and corruption are the biggest threats to the future.
76. Bribery is when you offer someone a bribe, and they take it. Corruption is when you accept a bribe and then act surprised when the world finds out about it.
77. Bribery and corruption are the greatest threats to good governance.
78. Corruption is an act of a coward. Bribery should be treated as a crime against humanity, not the so-called modern practice of governance in our country.
79. Corruption is like a virus; once you smell it, you can’t stop.
80. Don’t bribe them; they’ll just take your money and do nothing.
81. Don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.
82. Bribery is a crime. Corruption is a disease. . . . . . . . . . . . .”
83. Bribery and corruption are not unique today. They never have been, and they never will be. It is time we denounce the system of bribery and corruption, in all its forms, once and for all – before it kills us all.
84. Bribery and corruption are never okay.
85. Bribery and corruption are old traditions. It goes way back, it is deeply rooted in cultures, religions and societies. Organized communities take bribes to achieve their goals with no regard for the harm they inflict on others. The more powerful that society becomes and the more resources it controls, the more corruption are seen.
86. Bribery and corruption are never acceptable.
87. Bribery and corruption are as old as civilization itself. The ancient Greeks saw them as acceptable practices.
88. Bribery undermines the system of representative democracy that underpins our lives, and corruption is corrosive to society itself.
89. The bribe is like a drug, a poison. It makes you feel better and then you get sicker and sicker.
90. “Bribery and corruption is a failure of governance.” -Gavin Williamson, Secretary of State for Defence
91. Don’t be a victim of bribery or corruption. You don’t have to pay to succeed.
92. When you bribe somebody, you don’t get a new friend. You get a business associate that has been paid to help other people get what they want. And they will only do it if they think they’re getting something out of it, too.
93. Corruption is cancer that eats away at the heart of a nation.
94. If the people do not demand their government officials act ethically, then there will be no ethical government officials.
95. If you want to treat your world like a playground and all the people in it like children, then go ahead, and keep playing. But if you want to be taken seriously as a leader among men, then get serious about making the world more decent and just.
96. Don’t be a taker, be a giver.
97. Bribery and Corruption is far from a joke, it is a serious issue that should be taken seriously and treated accordingly
98. Bribery and corruption are a blight on society. Let’s make it a thing of the past by working together to solve this problem.
99. Bribery and corruption are criminal acts that undermine the public’s trust in a government, create inequality, and damage our country’s economic and social progress. We must all work together to fight these acts of corruption wherever they take place.
100. Bribery and corruption are like an ulcer, once you have them it’s hard to get rid of them.
101. Bribery and corruption are all around us. It’s time to be the change we want to see in the world.
102. Bribery and corruption are inescapable, but there are ways to fight back. Learn how.
103. Bribery and corruption, are the two sides of the same coin.
104. Bribery and corruption are the enemies of all that is good. They come in many forms, but they all have a similar goal: They undermine trust, set back the cause of justice, and sow seeds of mistrust.
105. Bribery is a normal part of business, and if you’re not willing to bribe in your industry, you might want to reconsider your profession.
106. It’s all about the money. Bribery and corruption, that is.
107. Bribery, and corruption – these are all forms of misconduct that can make a business run dangerous and do more harm than good.
108. The bribe is the price we pay for the corruption and I don’t think we should be the ones to pay it.
109. The best way to find out if a woman is “for real” is to watch her walk away from a bribe and see how she smiles.
110. We must continue to fight corruption at all levels of society. It is cancer that will kill us.”
111. Bribery is not a victimless crime. It affects the honest more than it does the corrupt.
112. Bribery is the lowest form of corruption.
113. Bribery and corruption are the most difficult problems to fight because they are hidden and insidious. With these, one has to watch every step and determine what is legal and what is not.
114. Bribery and corruption are never justified but can be effective in certain circumstances.
115. How about this for a change: Bribery is not just a crime. It’s a symptom of corruption.
116. The definition of bribery is when a politician gives money to a public servant in exchange for official action. While it may seem like a kind gesture, it’s actually illegal and corrupt!
117. Corruption is the abuse of power for personal gain. Bribery is the payment of a person or company for their influence in achieving objectives.
118. Corruption is when you get paid to make decisions. Bribery is when you pay someone else to make decisions for you.
119. Even if you don’t know it you’re being bribed
120. Let’s face it… Corruption is everywhere. It ruins the lives of people and has a huge impact on society as well. It’s time we do something about it, and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
121. When you bribe to get a government contract, you’re not just bribing the politicians—you’re also bribing the people who are supposed to tell the truth about it.
122. The rich have the means to bribe their way out of trouble, and you don’t. You can’t bargain with a king or queen; you must be honest in all your dealings and pay the price of integrity.
123. The best way to end corruption is to prevent it from starting in the first place.
124. Bribery is not a crime. It’s just a lack of integrity.
125. Bribery and Corruption are crimes against humanity.
126. Bribery and corruption is the vilest form of theft.
127. Bribery and corruption: corruption is bribery on steroids.
128. Bribery is a form of corruption in which someone offers a gift or service to an individual in exchange for a favourable decision.
129. Bribery and corruption are ugly. They corrupt the person who does it, the people around them and the institutions that are supposed to serve their purpose.
130. Bribery and corruption are the greatest barriers to development.
131. Bribery and corruption are no longer the business of the private sector.
132. Bribery and corruption are much easier to spot than good deeds.
133. Bribery and corruption are the oil that keeps the corrupt machine running. They are worth more than blood, tears and sweat.
134. Bribery is when you pay someone to do something they would have done anyway, and corruption is when you pay someone to do something they wouldn’t have done otherwise.
135. Bribery, corruption and graft are all illegal. The best way to stop it is to report it to the authorities quickly
136. Bribery and corruption are not going to be tolerated. It’s time to face the issue head-on.
137. The only way to beat corruption is with more bribery.
138. An informed electorate is the best protection against bribery and corruption.
Bribery and corruption are problems of the world, and they are problems that need to be combated. The existence of bribery and corruption encourages inefficient practices and allows the wealthy to flaunt their wealth without giving back at all. Corruption is insidious. It makes people more oblivious to the problems of society, it creates a hazy sort of grey line in which no one really knows who is doing what, and it ends up hurting everyone in the long run.
I hope that you have found quotes on bribery and corruption to be useful. Please leave any feedback you might have below the post. I would love to hear from you!