Words are powerful. They have the power to hurt, heal and uplift. Sometimes, a well-timed inspiring quote can cheer someone up when they feel low, and it may be just what they need to hear.
When a friend or loved one is down, it can be hard to know what to say to cheer them up. Even if you want to do something for your friend, you might not know what kind of help they’d like.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for quotes to cheer up a friend in their time of need. Here, I have put together some of the best quotes to cheer up a friend. These quotes will lift their spirits and make them feel motivated.
Cheer up Message for a Broken Hearted Friend
I know you feel heartbroken, dear friend. I want you to know that it’s just one of those things. You will be fine, trust me. I have been there but never allowed it to ruin me. Be good.
1. I am sending this to tell you that I’m here for you. You can always count on me to listen without judgment and to be there for you, just like a true friend should be. I will always be your biggest fan, and, although it’s hard for you right now, don’t give up; there is light at the end of the tunnel. I love you.
2. I miss hanging out with you and your positivity. I hate that you feel brokenhearted right now. You have a beautiful soul and remind me of my efforts. I know you are trying to heal yourself for the better. As your friend, I will always be there for you. Be good.
3. I’m glad we got to talk on the phone last week and that we can hang out again soon. I know you are going through a rough time right now, and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your friendship. You mean the world to me, and I hope you know that my door is always open. I love you.
4. I’m always here for you. I just wanted to let you know that I will always be there for you and your family, even though things get tricky sometimes. You are my best friend, and I love you very much.
5. Everyone is down on you, but I’m not. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. It’s so sad that you feel this way. I don’t care what they say; you know what is best for yourself. I won’t let them bring you down; put your chin up. You can do it. I love you.
6. I’m always here for you through the good times and the wrong time. I am so glad you are my friend. I’ve never met someone like you before. You have a heart of gold and make me smile at the drop of a hat. You always know what to say to cheer me up and make me feel better. I appreciate that and love you for it.
7. When the days are long, and you need a friend, send me a message, and I will meet you at your door with a smile. I am here forever; don’t ever forget that. I love you so much.
8. Just know you are not alone, and you will never be. Even if we are not standing next to each other, I will always be there for you. I love you, and I will always be here for you with a smile on my face.
9. I know it doesn’t feel like right now, but I promise things will get better. Just look to the future, where a brighter day begins. Good things are coming your way. You’re a wonderful person inside and out and deserve the best in life.
10. I believe so much in you that I want you to fight for what you want. We all have rough days, but we get closer to seeing the stars every night. Have faith that good things are ahead. Thank you for being my best friend.
Quotes for Depressed Friend to Cheer up
You are the best friend I have or ever will have. You are funny and kind, and generous. So many people should be lucky enough to have a friend like you, someone who cares so much and makes every day a better one. I know you’re depressed, but you will get over it soon.
11. Hey, I am so sorry to hear what happened. I know you feel like the whole world is coming down on you right now, but I hope that taking a deep breath, having a good cry and just hearing one of your best friends say they love you will help lift your spirits a little. Please, take it easy on yourself. This, too, shall pass.
12. It’s so sad that you’re dealing with depression. You’re a fantastic person, and the world needs more happy, positive people like you. Be proud of yourself, and remember to breathe.
13. It’s okay to be sad tonight, my friend. What happened is harsh, but you will make it through this. You are a strong person with a big heart, and I know that you will get through this more vital than ever. I am always here to support you and help when you need it. Stay strong, my friend!
Cheer up Message for a Sad Friend
14. I Just wanted to tell you to get over it. You are worth a million bucks, don’t listen to those guys. I am here for you, and we will get through this together, okay? I miss you. Keep trucking on; you got this.
15. I know things are rough now, but he will come around. He was never worth your tears in the first place. He’s the one missing out on you. You’re worth so much more than that. Miss you, friend.
16. My best friend, sister, and soul mate. I just want you to know that I love you so much. We may not always see eye to eye, but it’s okay. I understand that you are going through a lot, and I’m sorry about it. I’m always here for you.
17. Hey there, how are you doing? I hope this little note cheers you up. I know that maybe things are hard right now, and you feel like things aren’t going your way, and maybe life is just a little bit too much for you to handle. But don’t give up, my friend, because I am an eternal optimist, and I believe in you.
18. I know things suck right now, but you can’t give up. You have come a long way. You are fantastic, and you have a bright future ahead of you. Look on the bright side; things could always be worse. We will get through this, and everything will work out in the end.
19. You are such an extraordinary person in my life, and I want you to know that I care about you so much. It is not just a phase or a word; it is genuine. You are a fantastic person that deserves the best out of life; please remember that.
20. I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you that I’m thinking about you. Things will get better, my friend; it always does. If ever you’re down, I’ll be there to cheer you up. When I see you with a smile on your face, I know my work is done.
Quotes to Cheer up Your Best Friend
I hope this cheers you up. You are so beautiful and unique to me, and all of your friends, too. I miss spending time with you and just being together. You know I love you like a sister, right? I hope we can see each other soon. Cheer up, babe.
21. Hey, best friend. You know that I love you, and you also know that you are always there for me no matter what. I wish this time of your life were a little happier. Life is full of ups and downs, but remember that I am here for you through the whole journey.
22. I want to say that it will get better and you are not alone. I love you so much love, no matter what. I care about you, and we will go through this together. I miss you so much.
23. I may not be with you right now, but I am so sorry to hear about what happened, and I want to say that I am always here for you when you need me. Don’t worry; we’ll get through this together and remember that I love you.
24. I hope you feel better. Today, I wanted to give you a card to cheer you up and make you smile. The sun is shining outside; try to get some fresh air and do the things that usually make you happy. Be good, my best friend.
25. Dear best friend, I don’t want you to sit around and feel sorry for yourself; life is too short for that. I hope this card can liven up your day and remind you there are always ways to go about things.
26. I know exactly how you feel. Life is like that, though. The only thing you can do is move forward and get back on your feet. I will always be here for you as your friend should you need me, and if not, we will always have each other as friends, which I am so thankful for.
27. Hope gives us strength when things seem our most challenging. Hope is why we have courage when the going gets tough. Hope is why when life’s far too short, nothing can break you down. I wish I could bring you happiness and make your day as bright as the sun.
28. I am here for you. You can talk to me about anything and know I will always be here for you. I hope you know that I love you and care about you immensely. Now, stop stressing, and smile.
29. I know that you are feeling very low right now, don’t worry, everything will be okay. There are many things to be happy about when it comes to you. Happier times are right around the corner, and once again, you will have a smile on your face.
30. Everything happening in your life right now is for a reason, and I promise everything will fall into place. Hang in there; things will get better.
Cheer up Words for a Friend
I’m so glad that I got to be a friend of yours. You are a fantastic person. Your energy is great and always makes me feel better when I feel down. You have so much creativity, which is clear from all the grand ideas for your future. Just take it one day at a time. You will be fine.
31. I know things are hard right now, but I just want you to know that I am here for you. You are a beautiful person and my best friend. You are my sunshine on cloudy days and the best medicine for what ails me. It is impossible for me not to smile when I see your beautiful face. You’re a fantastic person, and I love you.
32. When you are happy, so am I. When you are sad, I don’t feel like smiling. When you start crying, I just want to hold you in my arms. And when you start bleeding, I will do my best to stop the bleeding and make all the pain go away. I love you, my friend.
33. There’s no one like you. You are truly unique to me, and my life is much better being your friend. I will always be with you, and I will be there whatever it takes. You’re rare, valuable and unique to me. I can’t see myself without you. You are so special to me. Stop stressing yourself.
34. I care about you, so take good care of yourself. Find the inspiration to keep going and don’t lose hope. Kick those negative thoughts out of your mind and believe you can succeed. You are a great person. Thanks for being there for me when I was down. I love you.
35. You’re a bright beam of sunshine that never fails to bring me joy. Just thinking about you brightens my day. You’re so awesome, and I want to thank you for being the person you are. I promise to be there for you as well—much love.
36. You are beautiful and powerful. You are like an angel to me, giving off that warm and peaceful feeling. I know you’re a bit sad now but snap out of it. I love you so much, and it’s an undeniable fact.
37. When you’re at your lowest, it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I promise that it will get better if you try and stay strong. Hang in there and know that I care. I love you so much, my friend.
38. Hang in there, babe. Your dreams will come true. You push yourself so hard, and it pays off. Don’t get down on yourself; you do a lot for everyone around you. You deserve the best, and I hope whatever it is that’s bothering you, you work it out. You are a fantastic person who is loved by many.
39. As much as I am having a bad day, seeing your face makes me smile and forget about everything I don’t want to think about. Don’t be so sad; you are always beautiful. Now tell me about what happened.
40. I just wanted to call and see how you are doing. It might be a struggle for you a bit, but everything will turn out alright. You are such a beautiful person that can do anything she sets her mind to. I love you and always will.
41. We’ve been friends for quite some time now, and I am so grateful that we found each other. Just recently, as you were going through a rough patch in your life, I realized how much I treasure you. You always make me laugh, teach me something new, and most importantly, you are always there when I need you. Thank you for being such a thoughtful, kind and intelligent person.
42. I Just wanted you to know sometimes bad things happen, but it’s okay because I’m here for you. I love you, and you’re going to be alright. Hang in there; it’s going to be just fine, I promise.
43. I know you are feeling so low right now, but don’t let things get you down. You have so much to offer the world, and that is why I love you so much. Your fire will burn brighter than ever before, and your star will rise even through the darkness. Don’t be afraid to shine, my friend. Love you tons.
44. I am so lucky to be your friend. You have brought so much happiness and success into my life, and I couldn’t ask for anything more. You never fail to make me smile, even on my worst days, and you always know how to cheer me up and make me laugh. Now is the time to be there for you, and I promise not to leave you.
45. I feel like the luckiest person in the world because we are friends, and I feel as if I could talk to you about anything because you would always be there for me. Sadly, you’re going through this. You got this, babe.
Positive Quotes for Sad Friend
I know life seems challenging. I know that you might think things will never get better. But I promise you they will. This too shall pass, and things will be better than ever before. You’re stronger than you realize. And with my support, anything is possible.
46. I know you’re sad, but I want you to stay positive always. I just wanted to let you know that I want you to be happy. I don’t wish anything wrong for you and will always be there for you no matter what happens. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
46. Hey! Although it is not what you want to hear, I’m here with you. It will all work out. Eventually, I promise. I love you, and I can’t see you sad any longer. Call me whenever you want to talk.
47. The world is changing, which can be scary, but you have to rise above it. I believe in you because I know what a fantastic person you are. You are already a winner, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep smiling, and always remember that I love you.
48. I’ve said it before, and I’ll repeat it; you are the best friend a girl could ask for. I don’t know what I would do without you. You had cheered me up whenever I was down and made me laugh when I was utterly confused. Thank you.
49. You have always supported my decisions, even if we didn’t always agree. Friends like you come along very rarely, and I genuinely appreciate your friendship. I love you a lot.
50. I’m here to help get you through this rough patch. You will be fine, and you have the strength to pull through this. I’m here for you the whole way through. Remember that you can count on your friends and us to help you through tricky times.
51. The world would be such a better place if everyone could look down upon themselves. You are intelligent, funny and undoubtedly one of the most excellent guys I have ever met. Thank you for being part of my life. I’m so glad I have at least one person to depend on when times get rough.
52. You might feel sad today, but there’s no reason to. I know you feel alone even with friends by your side. But that’s where we want to be, available for you. Just know that we all love you and want the best for you.
53. I’m here for you; I want you to know that. Things can get tricky sometimes, but you are never alone. I will always be here for you, no matter what may happen.
54. Happiness is the best medicine, and you are no exception. I know you probably don’t feel pleased right now, but get excited because things will be better soon. Stay strong, my friend.
55. You’re unique, and I don’t know what I would do without you. You are my best friend, and I love you with all my heart. Even though you may feel sad and down, you have to remember that the sun will rise tomorrow and everything will get better. You are beautiful inside and out, and there is so much more ahead for you.
56. I want you to know I am thinking about you and always here for you. We all have low moments, but remember that every dark cloud has a silver lining. You are one of the strongest people I know, and I can’t wait to see what this world has in store for you. You are going to do amazing things.
57. I miss you terribly, dear friend. I wish there were more times when I could hold you and let you know how much you mean to me. Remember that I am here for you, always and forever.
58. Hi friend. I know you are feeling low and that the pain inside makes it hard to smile. But I want you to know that your friends and family care about you greatly. We all love you very much, and we will take your pain away.
59. No, you are not alone in this fight, and I will be here every step of the way supporting you no matter what. You are the best, and you know it. I can’t wait for life to get back to your strut. I am so happy that we aren’t strangers.
60. I know sometimes you feel as if it’s always tough to get through, and that is so hard to see. We all battle life with different issues, but they don’t define us, we are stronger than what we go through, and I know you can come out on top. I love you and care so much.
Funny Quotes to Cheer up a Friend
Don’t be sad. I know it feels like no one cares and that you will never find the love of your life, but you’re feeling stuck right now, so you are pessimistic. Keep looking because the right girl is out there.
61. I hope you feel better soon, my friend. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love you, how your happiness is more important to me than anything else and how you can’t afford to keep acting like a snail—every day, dust off your ass.
62. You need to start taking care of yourself. Even though it’s necessary to do certain things, it’s more necessary to stay sane for me. I just wanted to let you know that I care very much about you, and if you are not careful, I will deal with you.
63. I want to learn more about what is going on in your life if you wouldn’t allow me. I want to know when you sleep, eat, and even talk to your boyfriend. And if your boyfriend is tired of talking to you, I am here for you. Love you.
64. I love our friendship. You bring so much light into my life every day. Everything is better with you in it. I wish there were a way to bottle your smile, your laughter, and your fun-loving ways to make every day sunny. It’s time for a heavy dose of hope, encouragement and positivity. Now, get it.
65. Hopefully, this finds you healthy – and not just physically. I think about you often, especially when I see a stupid person. Let me say it once again; there is no joy as deep as your happiness. I love you with your stupidity.
66. If there is anything I can do to lift your spirits, please let me know. I hope you realize that even though things are not perfect, they will get better. Just remember all the great things you have in your life right now, and before long, you will be back to enjoying them.
67. I know it can be tricky sometimes, but don’t let everybody bring you down because you belong at the top. You are great. You have so many unique qualities. Don’t forget to spread them.
68. So how are things? Oh, you’re having a bad day, that sucks. Don’t worry; I’m here for you, and so is everyone else on the list. So let’s forget about it and start making plans to get drinks.
69. I want to say that you are the most beautiful, unique and loving person I have ever known. Even though my heart aches for you in times of trouble, I know you will get through this. You are strong enough to overcome anything, and there is no one I would rather have by my side.
70. If you need me for anything or want a talk, I am always here for you. But please, don’t kill me with your problems because I have mine. Don’t forget that I love you more than words.
Quotes to Cheer up Your Best Friend After a Breakup
I know that one day you will look back on this dark time in your life and think about it with a smile. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I will be there to help guide you through it. It’s just a breakup and not your last shot at life.
71. I know you’re still in shock that you had to be involved in something like this. I’m so sorry about that. Love will find you, and you will be pleased when it eventually does.
72. I believe you will go through this unhurt. Even though you’re hurting, you can still do whatever you set your mind on. I will be here proffering all the help you need.
73. You’re the sweetest person, honestly. I never knew there’d be a day you’d have to go through something like this. You got this, babe.
74. I knew this was going to happen, but you wouldn’t just listen to me. I know it’s not the time to apportion blames, but then it has to be said. I’m sorry for this.
75. You’re by far the best person ever. You don’t deserve this at all. I know you are a strong person so you will get through this.
76. You needed to learn; that’s why this is happening. I’m sorry for the pain you’ve had to go through.
You will be fine.
77. I’m so lucky to have you in my life. You’ve been there for me all along, so I will not leave you to deal with this alone. I love you.
78. Yes, you deserve better. Stop beating yourself up over spilt milk. Things will be better, and you will find true love.
79. please stop thinking about all that happened because they’re now in your past. You can do better, honey.
80. I want you to look on the bright side of things. You will be over this in no time if only you take your mind off it. I love you.
81. I just wanted to tell you how much I wish you the best and that you should stop overthinking things. If he’s meant for you, then he will come back crawling and crying. Stay beautiful, my friend.
82. I am your friend; you have to remember that. When times are tough, and you feel no one is there for you, I will be. I know how heartbreak feels because I have been there. Don’t wipe your tears. You will be fine, I promise.
83. Don’t ever forget it. You are beautiful inside and out, don’t let the opinions of others bring you down. You have me forever, through the ups and downs. Nothing in the world could ever change how much I care about you.
84. You are indeed the best. Keep going because you are a wonderful person. Try not to get lost in the pits of sadness because you shine the brightest. Stay true to yourself and never change—enough of crying over spilt milk.
85. Your smile brings light to any room you walk into. You are very special to me. I care so much about you; I wish I could do more. No, you didn’t lose; he lost. So cheer up and stay jiggy. I love you.
86. I miss you and want you to know that I am here for you. I love you. I hope things get better soon, and I am always ready to talk or get some lunch or coffee if you want.
87. I hope this brings a smile to your face because you deserve it. You are a genuine, precious and vital person. Those are qualities that many others don’t possess, so stop crying because of a man.
88. You are a wonderful person who I can’t stop loving. Your boyfriend left, but you still have me. Please stop doing this to yourself. Remember, you are a wonderful human being and a unique person everyone loves.
89. I don’t know what’s wrong, but I am sorry it happened that way. It would help if you were yourself again. Things aren’t the same without your smile. You’re better than this, so get back to your usual self.
90. Life may sometimes seem hard, but you’re going to get through it. You’ve got me and the rest of your friends, family and fans behind you. We all care about you a lot, and we want to see you succeed. Keep your head up and stay strong. We love you, girl.
Saying to Cheer up a Friend
I’ve been thinking about you a lot recently. Wondering what you are up to and if you are feeling fine. You used to be such an upbeat person, and I miss that in you. I wish I could cheer you up, but I know only time will do that. I’d love it if we could get together soon so we can hang out again.
91. I wish I were there to hug you or do whatever you need to make you feel better, but I can tell. But know this; they may have all the material things in life, but we have each other. We are rich with friendship and love, which will hold us together in the end.
92. I’m here. You are not alone. Reach out to me every day and let me know what’s going on. I care about you and want to help you get through this. It’s going to be okay, friend. I am always here for you.
93. I just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about you. Everyone gets down sometimes, and it’s okay to have a bad day once in a while but know that I’m here for you.
94. Hey, I hope you are having a good day. Every day is a good day when you have friends like me. Remember, you are loved and supported no matter what.
95. You are the most incredible person I know. No matter what happens, somebody’s there for you, somebody who loves and cares about you. Somebody who always tries their best to cheer you up. I hope that someday things get better, and I hope we can be together again.
Inspirational Quotes to Cheer up a Friend
I wish you the best and all of the happiness in the world. Remember, you will pull through this hump no matter what, and even though you may feel that you’re drowning, I know, my friend, that you will come out of this more vital than ever before.
96. So you are going through a rough time. We are all here for you, and we’ll do everything to help. I know things will get better. As your friend, I want to encourage you – it will always get better. You got this.
97. Sometimes, life gives us more than we can handle. I’m here for you; if there is anything that I can do to help, just let me know. Keep your head up; I will be thinking of you and cheering you on. Let’s stay in touch and let me know how things are going.
98. Cheer up; we have a great life. We have each other so let’s make the most of it. Quit complaining and be thankful for what we have. You need to change your attitude, my friend.
99. Hey, I hope you get this message. I know you’re having a hard time right now, but you are one of the strongest people I know. I know you will make it through this. Just remember that we are all here for you no matter what and that we love you so much.
100. When it feels like all hope is lost, think of me, your family and your friends who love you to pieces. We are with you always, wishing tomorrow would never come so we could spend it with you.
Hello dear. I hope you found the “quotes to cheer up a friend” up there helpful. I’m sure that your friend or lover will get through the situation once they read it from you.
Kindly drop your comments as they would help me to serve you better. Thank you.