One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to stop seeking approval from others. It’s not just about getting external validation; it’s also about trying to please people because you don’t want to hurt their feelings or make them mad at you. You fear conflict because you don’t want to be rejected.
Seeking approval from others is a learned behaviour. Since birth, we have been encouraged to win the approval of those around us: parents, teachers and peers. The problem with seeking approval is that it can lead to a life of disappointment and frustration.
You have to realize that no one can control what you do or think; they can only control their own actions and reactions. This isn’t meant to imply that we should be rude or disrespectful toward others; it just means that we shouldn’t feel the need to go out of our way for someone else if it doesn’t benefit us in some way beyond basic kindness.
Every human being is designed and built to model their lives in their way, so, if you keep seeking the approval of others before you act, then you are preparing for yourself a huge disappointment with no sympathy. The following seeking approval from others quotes will charge you to look to no one else but yourself in living your life.
Seeking Approval From Others Quotes
Seek approval from no one, and ask forgiveness of everyone. Don’t let others’ opinions of you hold you back from the person you want to be. Accept your flaws and work to fix them.
1. There’s a difference between being liked and being approved of. We should try to make people approve of us, but if we can’t, that’s okay.
2. When you care so much about the approval of others, it shows your personal lack of self-esteem. When in doubt, stop seeking approval from others and trust your instincts.
3. In seeking approval from others, we risk losing ourselves. Never seek approbation from others. Seek it from yourself!
4. To live your life in a way that is not guided by the criticism of others is the ultimate form of freedom. It means that the only person you will have to please and live up to is yourself.
5. People don’t make you feel a certain way. You choose how you’re going to feel based on what you tell yourself. Sometimes, we seek the approval of others to belong to a group. After all, no man is an island.
6. Everyone likes approval. We all like to be approved of, appreciated and valued. But there’s more to life than approval from other people. Unlearn the need for approval in your life, and you won’t have to seek it anywhere else.
7. We don’t need approval, we need a life. We don’t need approval to live our lives, we just need to be who we are and do what we need to do in order to make ourselves happy. Don’t settle for less than you deserve because the world has enough approval-seeking people in it.
8. When others approve of what you do, it doesn’t mean you’re doing the right thing. You must look for their approval wisely.
9. True, sometimes we seek the approval of others in order to belong to a group. But we shouldn’t forget that none of us is an island.
10. The greatest people to ever live didn’t worry about what others thought of them. Instead, they focused on their passions and what they wanted to achieve.
11. There is nothing wrong with needing or wanting someone to appreciate your emotions, so do not let anyone tell you there is.
12. Life is too short to worry about what others think about you. Do what makes you feel good. When you become more confident, you don’t need the approval of others.
13. You need to have confidence in yourself. Don’t look for approval from others. The people you love and respect shouldn’t be the only people who inspire you. To be successful, you must adopt the ability to control your own destiny.
14. If you’re always looking for approval from others, you’ll never rise above the status of an average human being. Once you achieve self-approval, your life has just opened up. You will be free to enjoy every moment in life.
15. It’s a downfall to be so dependent on the approval of others – they hold all the power in your life. So, it is necessary that you grow above this so that you can live an independent life.
16. It’s true that sometimes we need the approval of others to feel like we belong. It’s part of life – no man is an island.
17. There are always ways to handle the pressure of society. Don’t let it get you down. You cannot wiggle out of the fact that you need to be conscious of the consequences of your actions in order to not fall into the same trap again.
18. When your confidence level improves, you won’t feel the need to seek approval from others. When you’re comfortable in your own skin, you don’t need to seek the approval of others.
19. It’s hard to know what actually the right thing is for you. Even when you’re asked your opinion or when people are praising you… it doesn’t always mean you’re doing the right thing.
20. It takes a lot of strength and confidence to not care what other people think. It often takes just as much, if not more, self-awareness to know this.
21. Even when others approve of what you do, it doesn’t mean you are necessarily doing the right thing. Seeking the approval of others must be done wisely.
22. Have you ever met a person who always craves validation from others? That’s because they don’t feel confident in themselves. Confidence is strength. When you have confidence, you don’t need to rely on the approval of others.
23. When you feel good, you will want less and less to seek the approval of others. When you need the approval of others, you are at their mercy. It’s time to get over living for others’ approval and begin living for yourself. People will respect you for it.
24. Sometimes we just need to belong. We all know it’s human nature, right? Sometimes, we seek the approval of our peers and colleagues to feel a sense of belonging.
25. If you’re always trying to measure up, you’ll never reach your true potential. Enjoy the journey, not just the destination. Do not seek approval from others. It will take away your sense of contentment and decrease your self-confidence in your own skills and achievements.
26. You don’t need external validation if you truly know yourself. If you need others to validate your worth, you’ve not yet risen to the level of your capability.
27. When we spend so much energy coveting the approval of those around us, it shows that we don’t believe in our own self-worth. Maybe it’s time to stop worrying about what others think and start embracing inner strength and confidence.
28. Once you become more self-confident, you’ll find that you’re not so interested in being liked by others. When you give other people less of your attention, you boost your confidence. And on the path to becoming the best version of yourself, confidence is key.
29. When you’re confident, it’s more fun to listen to the opinions of others. No one who constantly seeks the approval of others rises beyond the standard set by others.
30. Our human nature makes us seek the approval of others so that we can belong to a group and feel connected to each other. People can be mean. But it’s not about them or their opinion of you. Focus on being your best self, and the rest will come with time.
31. You won’t always make the right decisions. Our job is to learn from this and grow wiser. Even with all the approval you get, you still have to ask yourself if what you are doing is right. It’s important to remember that your approval can never replace wisdom.
32. Beyond needing the approval of others, you will grow and become a better person and take charge of your own destiny. I’m here because I’m here and you can’t stop me. The people who matter are the ones who accept you for who you are.
33. If you need others to validate your feelings, you’re not living up to your potential. Even if others approve of what you do doesn’t mean you’re doing the right thing. Seeking the approval of others is necessary as it will make your life a lot easier but only if done smartly.
34. When you crave someone else’s approval, it suggests you are lacking in self-respect. It’s time to stop seeking outside validation. When you so much covet the approval of others, it shows your personal lack of self-esteem. Stop seeking approval from others.
35. If you want to get ahead, find someone who has gotten where you want to be and follow in their footsteps. In order to belong to a group, you must have the approval of others.
36. When you seek the approval of others to feel good about yourself, it’s a sign of personal low self-esteem. Just stop seeking their approval.
37. When you feel powerful, you don’t need to get permission to do anything. What you really need is fellow feelings and approval that come from within.
38. I’m not saying that you need to like everyone, but you should respect their lives, jobs and ways of thinking. If you do it yourself, you can’t blame others for your own feelings. You need to grow above living based on the approval of others because when you are dependent on the approval of others, you are at their mercy.
39. When it comes to working, the only opinions that matter are those of your team. If everyone shares the same vision and works together, nothing can stop you from achieving success. Go with what you feel. If it feels right, then it is right.
40. If society approves of what you are doing, it does not always mean it is right. Seeking approval takes a lot of thought, and should be done wisely. Sometimes we tend to overthink and seek approval from others. We are human, we might not be perfect the first time, but if we keep going and don’t stop trying, we will get there.
41. If you constantly seek approval from others, it shows that you don’t believe in yourself. Don’t worry about what other people think, focus on yourself! When you grow above seeking the approval of others, you take more control of your life. You make progress in the things that matter to you, and you can do what needs to be done without being dependent on the opinions of others.
42. It’s true that we crave belonging. We all need a group to help get us through this thing called life. It’s time to let go of the need for approval. It’s time to realize that you don’t need anyone to help you grow.
43. When you depend on others’ approval, they have control over how you feel. You don’t need everyone else’s approval to be awesome. If you’re doing what you love, then you’re already ahead of most people. If you’re confident, you don’t need to prove it to others.
44. It doesn’t matter what others think. What matters is that you are happy. People who constantly seek the approval of others are stunted. They fail to rise beyond the standard set by others. When your confidence level improves, you don’t need to seek the approval of others.
45. It’s OK to do things differently if you know it’s not harming anyone. It’s also important to trust your own judgment. No one becomes extraordinary if they’re constantly seeking the approval of others. When you want the approval of others so much, it’s a sign that you’re not feeling very confident in yourself. Everybody goes through this at some point, but don’t worry about it.
46. Everyone is doing their own thing. It’s just how it is. Right, right… It’s good to have others approve of what you do. But it doesn’t always mean that you are doing the right thing. Just be wise…
47. Sometimes, we seek the approval of others to belong to a group. Just because acceptance is nearly guaranteed doesn’t mean it’s right. Seeking approval must be done wisely and thoughtfully.
48. Even when you others approve of what you do, it doesn’t mean you are doing the right thing. Seeking the approval of others must be done with wisdom.
49. Sometimes we want to impress others. Sometimes, we want to impress the group. That’s how it is. That’s human nature.
50. When you feel better about yourself, it becomes easier to say ‘no.’ If your feelings need to be validated by others, you are not yet up to the standard of a worthy living.
In conclusion, these seeking approval from others quotes show us the importance of not relying on others for our happiness. We must appreciate ourselves for who we are, and not chase after their happiness.