Benevolence is essentially characterized as the disposition to put others’ interests above your own. Being benevolent requires you to be responsible as well as kind towards one’s fellow human beings. Common expressions of benevolence are donations, public service and volunteer work, but it can take many other forms.
A general benevolence towards humans makes you act in a humane way around strangers. It makes you protect those who cannot protect themselves and give more. A special benevolence for a few people in your life — your friends and family, perhaps — makes you care about what happens to them in a very specific way.
Benevolence is the root of the best parts of your life. It’s the feeling you get when you make a stranger smile, give money to a homeless person, or sacrifice to help someone in need. You are benevolent when you feel love for humanity and kindness for all living beings. The world would be a better place if everyone were more benevolent.
There are some benevolence quotes you shouldn’t hesitate to see. Find them below.
Benevolence Quotes and Sayings
Being benevolent means looking out for others. It’s not only a way of being but also a way of living. If you act with benevolence and kindness in your life, people will be happy to be around you—people who need it most.
1. Benevolence is a duty, not a favour. It is one of the privileges of love and wisdom. Be someone who helps others, and you will live a better life.
2. The world needs more benevolence. Benevolence is doing something for someone without expecting anything in return. It is the greatest wealth.
3. The world would be better if everyone did something to help someone else. Be kind to the world around you. It’s a better place.
4. The world is full of lost, sad and lonely people. And the only thing that’s going to bring them out of their darkness is your love and benevolence.
5. Benevolence is the innate desire to do good and to help others. It is a choice, not an excuse. Choose to be kinder today than yesterday.
6. Benevolence is a choice, not only to do good but also to seek out the best in yourself and others.
7. Benevolence is an act of goodness in thought, word, and deed. A benevolent act can never be forgotten by the one who has done it.
8. Benevolence is the hardest virtue to practice but the most rewarding one to possess.
9. Being benevolent is good for the soul, the body and the planet. Never forget the importance of being benevolent.
10. Being benevolent means thinking of others and taking care of them. It’s also about being kind and considerate—even when no one asks you to. Be benevolent, even if it means being misunderstood.
11. To be benevolent is to let the other one be happy. Being a kind and benevolent person is an important part of being human, so we’re always looking for ways to share these feelings with others.
12. Doing good deeds and helping others. That’s what makes life worth living. Always be generous and kind, knowing that the greatest gifts are often themselves.
13. To be a good person, one needs to have nothing. To have something, one also needs to be a good person. When you’re kind to others, you will be kind to yourself.
14. Being benevolent is good for your health, your relationships and the planet. The world needs more people who are willing to be kind and compassionate. If more people were this way, it would make the world a better place.
15. Be good to others. These are the best things that you can do for yourself. It’s so easy to be mean. It requires no talent, just a certain kind of apathy. We can all do that, but kindness is more difficult and that’s why we need more of it.
16. We need to show love, compassion, and kindness to people we meet, whether they deserve it or not. There is power in kindness. It’s not about the things you get but the things you give.
17. When you feel the urge to be selfish and greedy, just remember that nothing good ever comes from self-indulgence. We are all connected. We share the same struggles and pain, so let’s use our power to effect change and make a difference in each other’s lives.
18. We need to be more benevolent, more compassionate and more loving. We are only human beings, after all. We are made of love.
19. True benevolence is not just about helping others; it’s about making the world a better place. There are no bad causes. There are only good people with bad intentions. Be the former, and benevolence will follow.
20. The greatest act of benevolence is not to wait for the other person to act but to help them by letting themselves be helped. To be a good person is to see the good in others; it’s also to do what’s good for them.
21. Do not think that charity begins at home. It begins with you. Be kind. Be compassionate. Be humble and generous, even when you have nothing left to give.
22. Life is full of difficult choices. But at the end of the day, this is what we are here to do: Help other people find their way out of darkness, help them find the light.
23. You don’t have to be rich to be generous; you just have to want to give. Being benevolent is one of the most important things you can do. It doesn’t cost anything, it doesn’t take much time, and it makes you feel good.
24. Be a good neighbour. Help the less fortunate. Be kind to everyone you meet, and watch how it reflects back on you. When we care for others as if they were part of our own family, we are joyful, content and all the richer for it.
25. Life is too short to be anything but a blessing. Lead by example. Never let your heart be cynical. Always make a difference
26. Benevolence is a kind, compassionate and generous mind that seeks only to better the well-being of others. The greatest benevolence is to use your power for the good of others.
27. Benevolence requires courage, sacrifice, and a whole lot of love. Be kind to your fellow man, and he may be a lot less trouble than you think. Sometimes kindness can be a better reward than greatness.
28. Benevolence is an act of love. Love is compassion. Compassion = kindness + empathy = benevolence.
29. The most benevolent thing you can do is to help others. The most selfish thing you can do is to harm others. Live life with benevolence, not competition.
30. Live your life with a sense of benevolence. Be the change you want to see in the world. Be kind. You never know who is watching.
31. You can either choose to be a good person or not. But it’s much easier to do the right thing than you think. Kindness is the only thing that gets better with age.
32. Giving without expecting anything in return is a powerful form of benevolence. It shows that you care about others for themselves, not for nothing in return.
33. Benevolence: The quality of having a kind and sympathetic attitude toward other people. Being a good person doesn’t always mean you’ll get a thank you for it. But you will know that your life has mattered.
34. Be the benevolent one. Be ann agent of change for yourself and for others. Be generous in your thoughts and generous in your deeds. Treat others as you want to be treated.
35. We believe that the real test of a man is not how much he does for others but how much he gives of himself. It’s important to help others, not just for their sake but for your own. When you give, you receive.
36. The greatest contribution you can make to the world is to live in it. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
37. Benevolence is a choice you make in your life. Be inspired to choose benevolence and see the beauty of your choices made — together.
38. Benevolence is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and others. It is the purest form of giving.
39. We all have the capacity to be kind. That’s what kindness is, doing something even when it’s hard. Acting with benevolence and love is a choice that can change your life in unimaginable ways.
40. Benevolence is not a matter of wishing away the consequences of our actions but of recognizing that we act as we do because we believe in the common good and therefore treading lightly on the earth and all its inhabitants.
41. Benevolence is an act of selfless love. It’s not something you practice, and it’s something you do because it’s the right thing to do.
42. The greatest gift we can give others is the kind of gift that is within ourselves—the virtue of benevolence. Benevolence is the highest form of service.
43. The greatest benevolence is to do good to others without expecting any reward except the consciousness of having been faithful to duty.
44. In a world of competition and self-gratification, we need to find ways to serve others. And that’s what benevolence is all about.
45. The road to benevolence begins where selfishness ends. Be benevolent and know that you are making a difference.
46. Become a bigger person, a better person. Be dedicated not only to your business but also to the community that you serve—and be an example of kindness, compassion and love.
47. Benevolence is a flower that blooms for all seasons. The greatest kindness you can show another is not going out of your way to be kind. It’s showing up, day in and day out to that person and to life.
48. Benevolence is a gift that must be accepted because it is a kind of love that asks for nothing in return. When you give, you receive, and it’s never been truer than in the area of benevolence.
49. Benevolence is always beautiful, whether it takes place in a big city or in the smallest of villages. Let’s be kinder, gentler and more compassionate. For the sake of all living beings, let’s make this a better place!
50. Benevolence is the most powerful attitude and the most rewarding. An act of benevolence is a seed that grows into a tree.
One of the most important things that we have control over is how we treat the people around us. Benevolence is the demonstration of love, compassion and mercy. It is one of the noble virtues. It means acting for the welfare of others.
I hope you enjoyed going through the benevolence quotes and sayings here. Kindly let me know what you think of them in the comments section.