Nothing is more devastating than ending a relationship with your soulmate. This is because it means that nothing will ever be the same again. It doesn’t matter if you have been together for years – or maybe even decades.
And even though there was no bad blood and you are both mature enough to agree on breaking up, it may still feel like you are being forced to go through some of the worst stages of pain known to man.
The truth is that whatever form it comes, breakups are hard. And no one can understand how you feel like those who’ve been through it themselves. Whenever we share our stories of heartbreak and loss, we’re reminded that we’re not alone and that these feelings are universal.
So, here are some breaking up with your soulmate quotes that describe the loss and heartache and also show you that you are not alone.
Breaking Up With Your Soulmate Quotes
The only thing worse than breaking up with your soulmate is the regret of not doing it earlier when you knew you were no longer happy. Sometimes, you try to fight for it and you even get quotes that encourage you to keep pushing. But when it is clear it wasn’t meant to be, you question why you felt the need to hold on; that’s the real pain.
1. Breaking up with your soulmate feels like you’re breaking up with your soul.
2. Sometimes, you have to let go of the things that hurt you in order to grow and move forward. The first step is always the hardest, but once you say goodbye to your old life, you’ll be surprised at how much more room there is inside.
3. You can break up with your soulmate, but you don’t have to forget them.
4. Breaking up with your soulmate is the hardest thing to do. But it is necessary if you keep hurting each other.
5. The most painful thing you can do is break up with your soulmate, especially when you still want to hold on to them.
6. When your soulmate is no longer there for you and breaking up is necessary, it’s hard to live with the regrets of missing out on what could have been.
7. When your soulmate walks away, it’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to cry. But if you’re so desperate for that person to come back, you’ll miss them when they don’t. So take the time to heal and let go of all of those feelings before you attempt to get them back again.
8. When two souls that were meant to be together find themselves apart, a part of your soul will be missing.
9. When you break up with your soulmate, you don’t realize how much of your soul they took with them.
10. Sometimes, you have to let go of the person that once made you happy. They may not be gone forever, but they will never be back.
11. It takes a lot of guts to say goodbye to someone you consider your soulmate, but it’s the most courageous thing you can do if it’s not working.
12. After a painful breakup with your soulmate, the hardest part is letting go. It feels like your soul is being ripped out and you want to scream and cry, but then you have to remember that it’s for your own good.
13. Breaking up with your soulmate is heart-wrenching. You are sad, hurt, and angry. You want to yell, cry and scream but you also don’t want to. You should, it’s for your own good; so it can hurt less in the long run.
14. As much as breaking up with your soulmate hurts, there’s nothing else you can do. You will never be able to move on from this pain unless you let go and that means letting your ex go. It stings, but if you let time heal your wounds, you may even find someone better.
15. Letting go after breaking up with a soulmate is the hardest step, but you know it has to be done. It’s for the best – no matter how much it hurts at the moment.
16. The hardest part about breaking up with your soulmate isn’t the end of the relationship, it’s the loss of the ‘you’ in the relationship.
17. When you break up with your soulmate, you lose a little bit of yourself.
18. When you break up with a soulmate, it’s like breaking up with your body. You can’t easily put yourself back together again; you have to learn how to live without them.
19. Life may seem so meaningless without the love of your soulmate. But if the break up is necessary, then you shouldn’t hesitate.
20. When we break up with a soulmate, it’s like breaking up with the best possible version of ourselves. And you can’t easily put yourself back together again; you have to learn how to live without them.
21. When you break up with your soulmate, you feel like your life has ended. But when you learn how to love again – it is like having a second chance at life.
22. When you lose your soulmate, it aches deeply. You can’t begin to imagine how much your heart is broken. It feels as if you’re trying to breathe with a missing lung.
23. Soulmate breakups are like having a limb amputated during combat; you’re left wondering what you’re going to do next. You have to learn to live without them, accept them as part of your life and move forward.
24. When you break up with a soulmate, it feels like your world is falling apart. It’s an agonizing process and unfortunately, it’s never easy. Putting back together the pieces after a breakup is a lot like learning how to live without them.
25. The worst part about breaking up with your soulmate isn’t the actual goodbye. It’s the goodbye to the best parts of ourselves.
26. Hold your head high, walk away with your head held high. That is the way to break up with a soulmate.
27. The hardest part about breaking up with a soulmate is not finding a new love, but finding yourself again.
28. Right now, you feel like the world is caving in, but don’t worry. Before long, you’ll realize that this breakup is for the best and all of the bad memories will soon be distant memories.
29. The hardest part of moving on after a breakup is saying goodbye to the times when you were happy.
30. I have realized that you are my soulmate, but it is best that we part ways.
31. I broke up with my soulmate, but I don’t know why. Our relationship was perfect.
32. The hardest part of the break-up is letting go. It feels like your soul is being ripped out and all you want to do is scream and cry and fight, but then you have to remember that it’s for your own good.
33. He was my soulmate. But that doesn’t mean we were meant to be together forever.
34. I’ve been dumped by my soulmate. I just wish I had a punchline for that.
35. You don’t break up with your soul mate. You simply lose interest in them and they lose interest in you. It’s a natural part of life
36. It was love at first sight with my soulmate. But unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be.
37. Breakups are never easy, but they’re sometimes necessary.
38. When you’ve been with someone as long as I’ve been with you, it’s hard to let them go. We made good memories together and we had fun but now, the time has come for us to move on.
39. A relationship with a soulmate is one of a kind, and it’s not always easy to let go when you know you should.
40. There comes a time when your soulmate is no longer your soulmate.
41. How do you manage to let go of someone who is your soulmate? You just have to.
42. The best part of a breakup is that it’s the end of a phase of your life, and you’re finally ready to begin again. Godspeed.
43. Breakups are hard, but they’re necessary if you want to find that person who’s perfect for you.
44. You see, a breakup is never easy, but so is the journey that comes after.
45. The hardest part of breaking up is not the first goodbye, but the many more goodbyes to come. The trick is not letting them be all that hard.
46. When you realize that someone will never love you the way you love them, it’s best to let them go.
47. Don’t let your breakup with your soulmate be the end of your life. It can be the beginning of a new journey.
48. Making the choice to leave your soulmate is one of the toughest decisions you’ll ever have to make.
49. Breakups are always sad. But it’s even sadder when you know this is the last time you will ever see someone you considered your soulmate.
50. When you break up with your soulmate, it’s not just a breakup. It’s a separation.
I hope you enjoyed my collection of breaking up with your soulmate quotes and that they were able to put things into perspective for you emotionally.
Let me know how you feel in the comment section below.