Breastfeeding is a natural process that’s supposed to be easy. But for many new moms, breastfeeding can be a challenge. Breastfeeding difficulties are common. About half of all women who start breastfeeding stop before they reach six months, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Some women experience problems with lactation — the process that allows breast milk to be secreted from the breast — while others have trouble establishing breastfeeding or maintaining it over time.
Sure, there are moments of bliss when the baby latches on, and everything feels right in the world. But there are also times when it’s painful and exhausting — especially if you’re dealing with a newborn who isn’t quite ready for this type of feeding yet or if your nipples are already cracked and raw from previous attempts at breastfeeding.
If you’re currently nursing, planning to start soon or want to speak on the subject of breastfeeding being hard, these breastfeeding is hard quotes may help prepare you for what lies ahead, help you express your feelings better and help you encourage breastfeeding mothers. Check them below!
Breastfeeding Is Hard Quotes
Breastfeeding is hard but doable. It’s difficult but so worth it! You are doing a great thing, and you will get through this in time. Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help or advice. You are not alone, and there is no shame in those feelings of inadequacy that sometimes creep in when you are starting out.
1. Breastfeeding is hard. But it’s so worth it. It takes work, patience and a lot of time. But it’s worth it in the end. If you can’t breastfeed, it’s not your fault. It’s the system.
2. Breastfeeding is hard, beautiful and normal. Breastfeeding is a choice that doesn’t need to be made twice.
3. Breastfeeding is hard. But it’s worth it. When you’re thriving, and your baby is thriving, nothing else seems to matter. Breastfeeding is the hardest job I have ever done, but it’s my favourite.
4. It’s a beautiful experience, but it’s hard. Breastfeeding can be challenging at times, but the end results are worth it! You are not alone. Breastfeeding is hard, but it’s worth it.
5. Breastfeeding is incredibly hard work. It’s worth it, though. Don’t compare your breast milk to anyone else’s breast milk. It may be powerful, but it’s always unique.
6. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding is twice as hard when you’re a parent and a single mom. It can feel like the only thing standing between you, and your baby’s well-being is surviving the day.
7. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding while working, breastfeeding while travelling, breastfeeding while navigating certain foods. It’s a lot of work. But it’s better than formula.
8. Breastfeeding is hard. But it’s worth it. It just takes time and patience, and the time will fly by in no time at all. It is hard, but we can do it.
9. Breastfeeding is hard. But so is everything else in life. What are you going to do? It takes dedication, willpower and the desire to feed your baby. Don’t give up! Breastfeeding is possible!
10. Motherhood is not a race. It’s a marathon. Breastfeeding is hard and can be exhausting, but it’s worth it! Breastfeeding is hard, but we can do it.
11. Breastfeeding is difficult. Don’t get discouraged by the challenges of nursing. It’s normal, and it will get easier as time goes on.
12. Breastfeeding is not easy. You’ll get frustrated, angry and, at times, a little depressed. But it’s worth it! Don’t let the struggle be in trying to feed your baby, but in feeding yourself.
13. It takes a lot of time and effort to raise a child. Breastfeeding them takes even more time, energy, and dedication. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding is worth it.
14. When you’re a breastfeeding mother and your baby is fussy because of teething, a small tweak in the breast can make all the difference. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding is special. Breastfeeding is worth it.
15. Breastfeeding is hard. Does anyone else feel like there’s a huge part of their life that they’re missing out on? Breastfeeding is hard, but I’d rather be doing it than not.
16. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s not for everyone, and it’s no easy task. But it does get easier; it does get less hard. And it will be worth it in the end.
17. Breastfeeding is hard. But then again, so is everything else we have to do in life. We have to be strong!
18. Breastfeeding is hard. It takes time and energy but also love and patience. Breastfeeding is beautiful.
19. Breastfeeding is hard, but not as hard as trying to get all that milk to retract. You’re doing a great job with your baby.
20. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s demanding, exhausting and, at times, painful, but it’s one of the best decisions you can ever make.
21. Breastfeeding is hard because sometimes you have to fight for your baby, and sometimes you have to fight for yourself.
22. It’s not just about the milk. It’s about the bond you make with your baby and knowing that you’re doing your best to provide what they need. Breastfeeding is hard, but getting through the hard stuff with you makes it worth it.
23. Breastfeeding can be a master class in perseverance. It’s hard to believe that the most natural thing in the world is also one of the most challenging.
24. Breastfeeding is hard: It requires a lot of patience, self-control, and willingness to put your baby’s needs ahead of your own. But when it works out just right, it’s the most rewarding thing you can do for your baby.
25. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s tiring, frustrating, and exhausting. But it’s also a beautiful journey of love and devotion.
26. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding after having a c-section is even harder. Breastfeeding at night, when you’re tired? So much harder still. But breastfeeding is worth it because the rewards are priceless.
27. Breastfeeding is hard when you’re in a hurry. Breastfeeding is hard when you’re tired. Breastfeeding is hard when you get anxious. Breastfeeding is hard when your baby cries. Breastfeeding is hard when you have to do it a lot. Breastfeeding is hard because it’s really, really hard.
28. Breastfeeding is hard. But it’s the most natural, most beautiful thing in the world. Breastfeeding is hard, and you need to remember it’s all worth it.
29. Breastfeeding is hard—and it’s not just because I have to try to eat while my boobs get bigger.
30. Breastfeeding is hard work, but when your baby is finally sleeping through the night, and you’re watching 25 more minutes of Anatomy at bedtime, it feels like everything is going right in the world.
31. Breastfeeding is hard—but it’s also the most natural, supremely satisfying way to feed your baby. It’s important to remember that no two breastfeedings are the same, and every mother is different.
32. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding can be hard work, but with a little preparation and consistency, it is so worth it.
33. It’s hard, but it’s awesome. Breasts are amazing, but they are also hard work. Thanks to the incredible milk producers of Mother Earth, we get to enjoy this amazing thing that is breastfeeding!
34. Breastfeeding can be hard because it doesn’t come naturally to you, but it is worth it! Be patient and know that the more time you spend nursing your baby, the easier it will get.
35. Breastfeeding can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it’s also a full-time job. Breastfeeding is hard, but it’s worth it.
36. Breastfeeding may be the hardest thing you’ll ever do. It’s okay to feel scared and unsure at first, but you’ll get through it. Don’t worry; we’ve been there.
37. It is hard to breastfeed and sometimes even more difficult to get the help you need. It takes a lot of sweat and tears to breastfeed your baby. It’s worth it!
38. It’s hard when you’re a nursing mama, and no one is around to see how proud you are of your little darling. Breastfeeding is hard work. But it’s worth it—for your baby and for you.
39. Breastfeeding is hard. You’ve got to eat and poop and pee, which can be messy. But you also have to carry a baby around for nine months. Still worth it?
40. Breastfeeding is hard. But it’s also the most beautiful thing you will ever do. It’s also the most natural thing in the world. And it’s so beautiful.
41. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s not always easy or convenient, but it is possible. Breastfeeding may be hard, but it’s never a struggle.
42. Breastfeeding is very challenging. It can be hard to find time for a pump session, and sometimes the baby needs to nurse for a long time, maybe even 2-3 times per day.
43. Breastfeeding is hard. The ups, the downs, the backaches. It’s a roller coaster. But it’s worth it! Breastfeeding can be hard. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.
44. Breastfeeding is hard. It takes patience, kindness, and a lot of love to navigate the ups and downs. Some days are easier. Some days are harder. But all days matter.
45. Those first few days of parenthood are hard. Breastfeeding is challenging but so worth it. Breastfeeding can be uncomfortable, messy, and even painful at times.
46. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding while on the go is impossible. Finding a comfortable place to pump is tough. The list goes on and on.
47. It takes a village to raise a baby—and it takes the village to pump milk for the little ones. Breastfeeding is hard, but the benefits are worth it.
48. Breastfeeding is hard. Breastfeeding takes time, energy, and dedication. It also takes patience. And it can be really scary at first. But if you’re breastfeeding your baby, you’re doing something right—and that’s what makes it worth it.
49. Breastfeeding is hard. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s okay to take breaks. Having a baby is hard, but breastfeeding is even harder.
50. Breastfeeding is hard, and it’s up to us to make it easy on our little ones. It’s even harder when you’re in the middle of it, and your body decides to throw a hissy fit.
Breastfeeding Is Not Easy Quotes
Breastfeeding is not easy. Yes, you read that right. It can be challenging to provide your little one with the best possible food source for his growth and development. But there’s no reason to fear breastfeeding. All you need is knowledge and determination!
51. Breastfeeding can not be easy—for all the reasons you’d expect. That’s why you need the perfect formula for you to feed your baby when it feels like it’s going to break.
52. The beauty of breastfeeding is that it’s hard. You don’t “do it right” until you do a lot of it wrong. Breastfeeding isn’t always easy, but it’s usually worth the effort.
53. The good news is breastfeeding is natural and gets easier over time because you’ll get more used to it. The bad news is it takes patience and practice.
54. Breastfeeding can be so much more than pumping and expressing. It’s about bonding with your baby, figuring out your body, getting used to your schedule and getting those sleep-deprived days over with. Breastfeeding is not easy, but it’s worth it.
55. Breastfeeding is not easy, especially when you’re a working mom. It takes dedication, self-care, and a little bit of luck. It can also be amazing. Take it from someone who’s been there and done that.
56. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s a lot of work, and it can be uncomfortable at times. But when you have the support of your friends, you’ll get through it easier.
57. Breastfeeding is not easy, especially the first time. Be kind to yourself and your baby.
58. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s often a struggle to get your baby to latch on properly, and it can take time—sometimes months—for both you and your baby to adjust.
59. Breastfeeding is not easy. Learning all the ways your body works and how to adjust to it is a big step. But with a little support, it can be easier than you think.
60. Breastfeeding is like a job, but with more boobies. Overcome your struggles with breastfeeding. Get the right tools, find a support system and learn how to cope.
61. It’s not easy to do, but it’s worth it. Breastfeeding is natural, normal, and, most importantly – the right choice for your baby.
62. Breastfeeding is not easy. It takes dedication, discipline, and mental and physical fortitude to make it through the challenges that breastfeeding presents.
63. Breastfeeding is hard and tough. It takes time, effort and commitment. Expect to be tired and have low energy. Breastfeeding is harder than most people think.
64. Breastfeeding can be hard, but it doesn’t have to be. Breastfeed your baby for a full year and learn about the benefits of breastfeeding.
65. Breastfeeding is a commitment. It takes time and patience—but it also comes with amazing rewards. There’s no secret to perfect breastfeeding. Just do it and let the baby get used to your breast as much as he can.
66. It’s not just about a warm fuzzy feeling. It’s about gaining the skills you need to be a better parent, and that can take time. The struggle is real, breastfeeding is not easy, but it’s worth it.
67. Breastfeeding is not easy. It can be a challenging, rewarding, and emotional journey that many women experience. But it also comes with a ton of benefits for both mother and baby.
68. Breastfeeding is hard—don’t forget that. You’re doing so much for your baby, and it’s tough to know when you should rest or keep going.
69. It’s not like breastfeeding is hard—just like life, it comes with its ups and downs. It’s a journey. A great one, but sometimes a rough one too.
70. Breastfeeding may be the most natural thing in the world, but it sure is hard. You can do it. We’ve got your back through every stage of breastfeeding.
71. Breastfed babies nurse less and need more attention, but the results are worth it. Breastfeeding is hard, but the rewards are infinite.
72. Breastfeeding is hard no matter what, but you’ll get through it. It takes a village to raise a breastfeeding baby.
73. Babies are so tiny they can only be fed with their mother’s milk. Breastfeeding is not easy. But breastfeeding is worth it!
74. Breastfeeding is not easy, especially in the first 6 months. Here are a few things to remember when you’re nursing your baby
75. Breastfeeding is not easy. It takes time, patience, and lots of love. Even though you want to be there for your baby every step of the way, sometimes you wish someone else could do it for you.
76. Breastfeeding is not easy. If you are breastfeeding, you may have experienced times when you feel like everything is going wrong or times when it seems like everything is going right. Breastfeeding comes with many benefits and challenges, and it’s important to remember that weaning can be a normal part of any breastfeeding relationship.
77. It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to breastfeed your baby. Breastfeeding is not easy and some mothers find it difficult to provide the nutrition with their baby needs while they are breastfeeding.
78. I don’t have breastfed my children, but I’ve watched tons of other people do it, and it’s never easy. It takes a lot of patience and commitment.
79. The breastfeeding journey is not a walk in the park. It’s a roller coaster of emotion and exhaustion that makes you feel like you have no control over it all. But with time, patience and love, breastfeeding will be one of the best things that ever happened to you.
80. Breastfeeding is a choice. And it can be hard. But with your support and patience, you’re making it easier every day.
81. It takes time and commitment, but breastfeeding is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Every time I feed my baby, I feel more connected to her.
82. Breastfeeding is not easy. It’s a journey full of ups and downs, peaks and valleys. There are so many joys (and challenges) along the way, but it’s something you absolutely have to try if you’re going to be a mom.
83. Breastfeeding is not easy. There are many challenges, but you can get through them if you work at them.
84. Breastfeeding is not easy, but it can be smooth sailing with the right support and encouragement.
85. Breastfeeding is not easy, but you can do it. With the help of other moms who have been there, you can have a successful breastfeeding journey!
86. Breastfeeding is not easy. Breastfeeding does not always mean you are breastfeeding your baby exclusively, but it’s the only way to provide the best nutrition for your baby.
87. Breastfeeding is not always easy. Though it may seem like you are doing everything right, there are many things that can go wrong before your baby is able to breastfeed.
88. Breastfeeding is hard work. It’s a lot of work, but it’s also rewarding. It is a journey. It’s not always easy and never perfect, but nothing worthwhile ever comes without effort.
89. Breastfeeding can be a tough road, but if you’re consistent and patient, it’s one that’s worth travelling. Every mom is different, but the most important thing is to have someone to talk to about your feelings.
90. Breastfeeding is not easy, but it’s worth the effort. Keep pushing through those tough moments and know that your breasts will thank you for it.
91. Breastfeeding is not easy, but it can be so rewarding. Breastfeeding is normal and healthy, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t do it.
92. Breastfeeding may not be easy, but it is so rewarding. The benefits of breastfeeding are endless. But it’s not easy. Breastfeeding is more than just putting a bottle in your baby’s mouth and waiting for them to drink. It takes more time, effort and patience than you may realize.
93. Breastfeeding is hard. The odds are stacked against you, and the more breastfeeding moms I meet—everywhere from the park to coffee shops—the more I see how much they need a loving and supportive community to help them through these challenges.
94. Breastfeeding is hard, and the journey to get there can be long. But it’s worth it, and you’ll be glad that you did!
95. Breastfeeding is hard—for a mother, friend or healthcare professional. Sometimes it feels like there’s no way to make it easier on yourself or your baby. But there is one thing we can do—to remind everyone that breastfeeding is normal and that every mom should be able to feed her child without fear of judgment.
96. It’s so hard to breastfeed—you just gotta keep going and going. If you’re breastfeeding, it’s a total roller coaster. You’re up one day and down the next. And then you hit this one-in-a-million, crazy week where the baby will sleep 12 hours straight.
97. The struggle is real, but this momma’s gonna keep chugging along. It’s a tough row to hoe, but if you’re up for it, you’ve got nothing to lose but your milk.
98. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s exhausting, it hurts, and sometimes it gets really lonely. But when you stick with it, the rewards are great!
99. Breastfeeding is hard—I’m so grateful for the support I receive from my husband, friends, and family. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s also beautiful and powerful, and it shapes every single one of our lives.
100. It’s never easy. But breastfeeding is hard, and you’re doing it anyway. So get some help from those who understand what you’re going through—your lactation consultants.
It’s no secret that breastfeeding can be difficult, but what many don’t realize is just how many mothers struggle with it to some degree. Even when you’re lucky enough to have an easy time, plenty of things can go wrong along the way — and they don’t always get talked about. However, with the breastfeeding is hard quotes up there, you have the right words to express this feeling. I’m sure you found them helpful. You can go ahead to share with others. Thank you!