Abandonment doesn’t sound like a fun thing to experience. At first, being abandoned by someone who you loved and cared about may feel like the end of the world. Sometimes you’ll feel like no one else will ever understand how you are feeling.
Other times, you might even wonder if any other person could possibly put up with how crazy or messed up your life has become in the wake of the abandonment.
Being dumped is a horrible experience to go through, especially if you thought something was going to last for life. You may have invested your time, money, emotions and more into the relationship and now you’re left distraught wondering what you could have done differently.
The experience can make you paranoid about the future of your next relationship since the last one didn’t work out so well. But there are some things that you can learn from it and how it is possible to move on in a positive manner.
If you have been hurt by the person who you thought was your forever person, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. At the end of the day, our heart wants what it wants.
Quotes can be a powerful way to express yourself in a situation like this. When you’re feeling abandoned in a relationship and don’t know how to respond, you can use quotes as your response! Hence this collection of feeling abandoned in a relationship quotes here. You can freely copy and use as many of the quotes as needed.
Feeling Abandoned in a Relationship Quotes
A relationship can only be beautiful when love and care come from both sides. It feels so bad when you watch the one who was once there for you abandon you, leaving you to feel you are not good enough.
1. It hurts to know that the people you care about have chosen to abandon you and make it seem you are not good enough.
2. What hurts the most is not the pain of being abandoned by someone you love, but rather the shock of loving them despite your flaws.
3. The feeling of falling for someone, who doesn’t even know that you exist—it’s almost worse than being rejected.
4. You don’t realize how much you care about someone until they stop caring about you.
5. It hurts when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
6. It’s heartbreaking when someone you know changes to someone you knew.
7. Sometimes, even people you love make you feel like you are not good enough. It hurts to be abandoned.
8. The saddest thing about being abandoned isn’t the pain of being alone but the pain of being with someone who doesn’t care if you are alone or not.
9. No matter how much you try to get through to some people, if they don’t want to understand you, they won’t.
10. The hardest part about loving someone, is watching that person abandon you and love another person. It’s even harder when they love the other person more.
11. I’m tired of being in love and not being loved back.
12. The worst feeling is when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you hanging and you have to act like you don’t care at all.
13. I wish that there was a way to know that someone was going to leave you forever before they did it so that when they did, your heart would already be broken and you wouldn’t have to suffer any pain from it.
14. The most heartbreaking goodbyes are the ones that are never explained.
15. While it can be devastating to feel abandoned by someone you love and care about, it’s important to understand that it’s not your fault.
16. It really hurts to have someone in your life and then they are gone. But the most painful thing is when they come back into your life and act as if nothing happened.
17. The most painful thing is to love someone too much, so much that you forget about yourself and get hurt when the person leaves.
18. The worst feeling is when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you, and you have to act like it doesn’t matter.
19. It is better to leave your home and go somewhere new than to be with someone who makes you feel unwanted at home.
20. The saddest part about being abandoned by someone you love is not that you weren’t good enough for them — it’s that you were good enough for them to walk into your life and break your heart.
21. The worst feeling isn’t being lonely. It’s being forgotten by someone you’d never forget.
22. When you love someone who is emotionally unavailable, it will cause you more pain than loving someone who treats you well.
23. Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love and being abandoned is simply awful.
24. Sometimes I feel so lonely as if I am an unwanted guest in my own house. I don’t know when and how it changed.
25. Abandonment is a wound that never heals. It lives in the shadows of your mind and soul, forever reminding you of what you once had and lost.
26. It feels like no one can help me ease the pain of being abandoned by someone who was once everything to me.
27. It hurts when someone special ignores you, but it hurts more when you’re being ignored by the one who made you feel special.
28. It hurts the worst when the person that made you feel so special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.
29. It hurts to feel abandoned by the one you love the most. But it’s even harder to continue loving that person when they don’t want you in their life.
30. It hurts so much to feel like you’ve lost the best thing that’s happened to you. To feel abandoned by the one you love most.
31. The hardest thing is watching someone you love abandon you and walk away.
32. That sinking feeling as you realize that the best thing that’s ever happened to you is gone and you feel abandoned.
33. The worst feeling in the world is when you know that you both love each other, but still, you just can’t be together.
34. The heart is not a toy. You cannot just set it aside when you’ve finished playing with it. Feeling abandoned.
35. It hurts to feel abandoned, but it hurts more not to be remembered.
36. I feel abandoned when you’re not around. I feel like no one understands me when you’re gone. I feel like I’m not enough for you to stay.
37. I just don’t understand how a person can say they love you one day, then leave without a word the next. What did I do wrong?
38. Tears in the eyes, pain in the heart, mind saying go on but there’s just no way. The hurt of being abandoned.
39. One day you will wake up and realize that this was all a big mistake, and I meant nothing to you.
40. Lonely isn’t always about being alone, sometimes it’s about being close to the person you love and still feeling lonely and abandoned.
41. The feeling when your life partner is not with you and you feel like there is no one in the world to support you!
42. It hurts to have someone you love walk away. But even if they don’t come back, they were still part of your story.
43. There is no greater pain than the pain of being left behind by the one you love. It’s tough to lose the support and care of your significant other.
44. It can be hard to get through the day when you feel like no one is there for you. I know because I’m there.
45. I’m not alone. It’s an ugly, heartbreaking feeling to be abandoned by the one you love. But I’ll make it. I’m sure of it.
46. It feels terribly bad when someone who has been the source of your joy suddenly abandons you. I feel broken.
47. Nothing makes me sadder than seeing the one I long for and love wholeheartedly abandon me.
48. Life can be so terrible when you are left alone to bear the pains of being abandoned by the one you care for.
49. Love is only beautiful when reciprocated. In the same way, it’s horrible when you are left with little or no attention from the one you love.
50. The degree of joy you feel when you are loved and cared for is the degree of hurt you feel when you are being abandoned for no reason.
You once felt like you would be together forever. You thought they were your long-term partner and that you had a promising future together. But now, they broke off whatever it was that the two of you had.
Well, it’s never the end of the world. However, these feeling abandoned in a relationship quotes here, you can express your feelings and probably get healed in the process. So well to let them know how much you are hurt using the quotes.