Everyone knows the speech at a wedding is always the best part. Whether you follow tradition and do a cake cutting, you do a procession of songs, or you give a funny toast — everyone’s waiting for that speech.
Your guests still think of you as a newlywed. They will laugh, clap, and even shed some tears with joy throughout the ceremony, but when it comes to your speech for this special moment, most of them will feel anxious about your performance.
I’m going to assume you feel the weight of this responsibility on your shoulders. You need love quotes for wedding speeches that will make people laugh and cry, inspire them to love and make them want to spend the rest of their lives with their special someone.
Love quotes for wedding speeches are a great way to keep the audience entertained. They will love you for them, guaranteed. Just like any great speech, the audience will remember your greatest moments.
Choosing your wedding quotes is not an easy task. You have to choose the perfect words that will touch their hearts and move them to tears. So you may be wondering “how the heck can I come up with quotes about love for wedding speeches?”
Well, sit back and relax because I have compiled a list of suggestions for you to choose from. They are in the list of famous love quotes for wedding speeches right below. These will be perfect for your vows or for when it’s your turn to give a speech at a wedding. Read on and enjoy yourself!
Famous Love Quotes for Wedding Speeches
A wedding is not just the beginning of a marriage, but also the beginning of a new and exciting journey for two people. Love is like a beautiful melody, with a rhythm that enchants, and a melody that persists.
1. A wedding is the beginning of a lifelong adventure with your best friend, and I’m so happy to share this incredible moment with you both.
2. We like to think that we fell in love with each other in the stars above, but deep down we know it happened much earlier than that.
3. You not only found each other, but you also found the key to life, happiness and real love. You are two halves of one soul made whole.
4. Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
5. Love is the most amazing feeling in the world and it’s the reason that two people get married.
6. Marriage is like a fine wine – it gets better with age.
7. Love is… Unselfishness, loyalty, and honesty in an atmosphere of warmth.
8. When a couple chooses to say I-do, they begin the happiest part of their journey together.
9. The love between two people has never been more powerful or beautiful than when you marry your best friend.
10. Marriage is a promise, a commitment. It is the strongest of life’s bonds and it should never be broken. Love lasts forever.
11. The sweetest thing about falling in love is that you get to love someone and be loved back.
12. There’s nothing like the feeling of being in love. This day is all about celebrating your love with family and friends.
12. They worked through the pain of distance to find their way back to each other. Love conquers all.
13. Marriage isn’t fifty-fifty; it’s an infinite reflection of one another.
14. It is important to be with someone who inspires us to become more of who we are and to do more with our lives.
15. Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
16. Weddings don’t come around all the time. So, when they do, treat them as a precious gift to celebrate and enjoy.
17. Two hearts have joined together today, so full of love, let the world stop and sing their praises.
18. May your marriage be every bit as beautiful as this day, as joyful and happy as the people you share it with, and as fulfilling and long-lasting as the love that you give one another.
19. You two were made for each other… And that’s why you’re so good together.
20. Love is a vine that grows into our hearts, embraces us with its beauty, and nourishes us from within.
21. Love is the greatest feeling. It feels like home when you are with the one you love. It feels like flying when you first start to live together.
22. You know you’ve found love when time stands still and every day is already a weekend.
23. The best feeling in the world is when you look at someone you love and remember that forever is a gift.
24. The best thing you can do in life is to love and honour each other, especially when life becomes difficult.
25. Marriage is a key to happiness. It unlocks doors of freedom, security, and mutuality. It is the golden door to a thousand delights.
26. Love rejoices in the truth and has a noble purpose. Love thinks of others and is not self-seeking. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
27. The best decisions are the ones you make with your heart.
28. Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.
29. Two hearts that have been hand-knit together can never be separated. Love is patient and kind. Love is eternal. May your story of love go on forevermore.
30. It is said that love makes the world go round. It makes a couple come together, and their hearts beat as one.
31. Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
32. Falling in love is easy but staying in love is hard. Work it out, stay together and continually make the effort.
33. Love is like a candle; it lights up the heart and warms our soul.
34. Love is not about finding the perfect person, but creating a perfect relationship And all we have to believe in is this.
35. Marriage isn’t about “making it work”. It’s about “making each other better.”
36. Love is like a rose, how it grows so deep, how it blooms and smells divine.
37. Love is a commitment to the happiness of another person.
38. The most important thing is to not regret. You will always have regrets in life, but never regret the decision you made because of love.
39. Life is not a paragraph and love is not a title. Love is a comma in a grand sentence of life.
40. No one is perfect, but when you find someone who is as imperfect as you are, then there is nothing that will keep you two apart.
41. Love is not about finding the perfect person. It’s about being with the imperfect person perfectly.
42. Cherish every moment, for this is your life. Never settle for less than you deserve.
43. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn’t always about the big flashy moments, but about the little things; none of which are possible without love.
44. The decision to love is an ongoing one, made in each moment. Love is never-ending. That’s how it’s done.
45. Love is a battlefield and we will conquer it.
46. A wedding is like a tattoo: once it’s permanent, you’re stuck with it.
47. Love is a relationship between two people that is so strong, that their spirits feel as though they are part of one soul.
48. Our wedding may be ending, but the love we share will last forever.
49. Two individuals, two souls, two hearts that beat as one. With you, everything is easier. I am the luckiest in the world because I’ve found my soul mate.
50. I’ve been looking for you forever. I’ve been looking for you since the beginning of time. You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars. I’m glad to have you now.
51. What’s not to love about the person who brings out the best in you? I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.
52. Love makes everything in the world worthwhile. You are my favourite person in the whole world.
53. I have loved you all of my life and have been waiting for you all of yours.
54. Once you know that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you can’t imagine waiting one more day to start living that life.
55. I’ve learned that true love doesn’t have a happy ending. It’s the only thing that has no end.
56. I promise to love you for the rest of my life. I will be loyal, faithful, and honest. I promise to hold your heart in my hands and keep it safe.
57. Our love is a journey and like all journeys, it has its ups, its downs, and occasionally it has a flat tire. But we always get back on the road.
58. Love isn’t just a feeling. It’s an action. An action that you do, every single day to make the person you love feel special, whether it’s a small or big gesture. It makes all the difference in the world, and I am so glad we both have made it our mission to love each other every single day.
59. They say it’s a small world, but I’ll never forget how you changed my life. I just love you like a love song. We’re exactly what the other person needs.
60. I will never forget the first day I saw you. Every day since has been a favourite memory. Two hearts that beat as one.
Wedding speeches can be the part of the wedding that makes or break the mood. So make sure you have a list of the good love quotes here in your pocket so that you’re ready to woo your audience. They are quotes that fit perfectly in a wedding speech.