There are moments in life when we do or say something and wish we could go back in time and take it back. You might have taken advantage of a friend or hurt someone you care about deeply. But sometimes, they are moments of no return, and you’ve already ruined everything by acting like a jerk.
Everyone makes mistakes, but what’s more important is acknowledging them and doing better next time when you have offended someone, it is important to make it clear that you feel bad about it, and this can be done by using one of the many quotes in which people apologise or think about apologising.
It is easy to assume that you are the only person who feels badly about the event, but someone else might be thinking about what they have done wrong as well. By using one or more of these quotes you can show that you care about how someone is feeling and will use it as an opportunity to make things right.
Telling someone you’re sorry for being a jerk is never easy, and you might not know how to put your feelings into words, but I am certain that these I am sorry for being a jerk quotes below can help. Scroll through to see the most relatable one you can use.
I Am Sorry for Being a Jerk Quotes
I am sorry for being a jerk. The hardest part for me after realizing how much I hurt you was in trying to say “I’m sorry” for saying those things. I just don’t know what else to say except that I feel terrible that I should have given you more credit and believed in you from the start.
1. I am sorry for being a jerk. I know we can do better. You deserve better. You are worth more than this. I am changing and promise to be a better version of myself every day.
2. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m trying to apologise. If you can forgive me, will you go out with me?
3. I am sorry for being a jerk. I want to change and be better and I will put in the work to see that I do if you forgive me.
4. I am sorry that I was a jerk to you. I hope you know that I see and appreciate your awesomeness. Thanks for being patient with me; I know it’s not easy being a friend to someone like me.
5. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I know you deserve better than that, and I want to be better for you.
6. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I want to be better, more kind and tender, less selfish and more caring. I need to reconnect with myself and others. I am learning how to love myself and treat others well.
7. I am sorry for being a jerk. Blaming you for everything that has gone wrong in my life is not a cool move.
8. I am sorry for being a jerk. I am committed to being a better person and giving more love than ever before.
9. I’m sorry for what I did, but the worst part is that now you have to forgive me because you have this jerk as a brother for life.
10. I am sorry for being a jerk; it’s just so much easier when you don’t care.
11. I’m sorry. I am a jerk and have been for a while, I hurt people who care about me. But I’m sorry I did so to you, I’ll do better.
12. I am sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me, that was a jerk move.
13. I’m sorry that I was rude to you, I acted like a jerk and I promise that it won’t happen again.
14. I am sorry for being a jerk. I know it makes you sad. I am sorry for not being there for you when you needed me. I am sorry that my problems are bigger than yours and that I only think of them because they are mine to think about.
15. I am sorry for being a jerk. I never wanted to be one, and I regret it now. I know that you forgive me, and I am thankful for your love and support.
16. I am sorry for being a jerk; I will change, I promise.
17. I’m sorry for being a jerk. But understand how hard it is for me to be nice sometimes, and know that it’s a big deal for me to say that I would be happy to give you my number so we can hang out sometime.
18. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I truly am. You see, I’m only human and sometimes, I get frustrated and angry. I just want so badly to be the best person I can be, especially for you.
19. I know that I’m a jerk most of the time, but I’m trying to make up for it by being a kinder, more polite and appreciative person. I promise to be a better person in the future.
20. I am sorry for being a jerk, but please don’t stop doing what you love because of me.
21. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m sorry that I’ve overwhelmed you with all my issues, but thank you so much for being there through it all.
22. I am sorry for being a jerk. I am sorry for not realising that you were upset. I am sorry for walking out and leaving you there. I hope that we can work through this. I want to be your friend again.
23. I have been a jerk, but I’m sorry, and I’ll try to be better.
24. This is just a small moment of the many moments I’ve spent hurting you. I’m sorry for the pain and my attitude.
25. I was a jerk. I’m sorry. You deserve better.
26. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m sorry that I had to miss your birthday or have a bad attitude when you left me hanging in the middle of the night halfway across the country. They are just things I do. It’s not your fault and it will never happen again!
27. I am sorry for being a jerk; I just want to change for you.
28. There is no excuse for my behaviour. I am sorry for being a jerk!
29. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I know that’s not good karma.
30. I’m sorry I was a jerk, but I promise that was then, and this is now.
31. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m not a jerk most of the time, but it’s hard to handle how I feel right now, so please forgive me if I don’t say hello or respond to your text.
32. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I just got caught up in the moment and didn’t realise how you would feel.
33. I’m sorry for being a jerk! It takes a lot for me to apologise, but I apologise. It’s no excuse, but it is what it is. I’m sorry!
34. I’m sorry that I was a jerk. I hope you’ll forgive me!
35. I’m sorry I was a jerk to you, and I will work on making things right.
36. I am sorry for being a jerk, but if I could go back in time, I would have done it differently.
37. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I’ve been so busy lately, and I’ve been distracted. I want to be a better person and friend, so please forgive me.
38. I’m sorry I got so caught up in myself that I forgot to care about you.
39. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean things the way they came out. I was just mad at the world, and I have no idea what I’m doing with my life anymore.
40. I am sorry for being a jerk. The other night when you were yelling at me, I lost it. I don’t want to make you mad anymore. I promise to be nicer if you will let me come over.
41. I am sorry for being a jerk, it is not a part of who I am. The fact that I treated people poorly during a period in my life makes me sad and angry at myself.
42. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I don’t want to lose you, but I think we will be happier if we can start fresh.
43. I’ve been a jerk. I apologise for all the mean words, thoughts and actions I’ve exhibited. Let’s make amends today.
44. I’m sorry. I can go back and redo the past, but I can’t change the way that I respond in the future.
45. I am sorry for being a jerk. I am sorry that I interrupted your lunch, ruined your date, and made you late for work. I am sorry if my actions have hurt you in any way. Please forgive me and let’s move on.
46. I am sorry for being a jerk. teardrops are transmuted into moments of grace because we cannot change the past, but we can do better in the future
47. I am sorry for being a jerk and I promise to change.
48. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m still learning what it means to be a good person, and I want to get better.
49. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I wish I could turn back time and be a better person.
50. I wish I could take the time to apologise for being a jerk. It’s just too hard to pause and say, “Sorry, I was wrong.” But it’s not too late to change.
Sorry for Being a Jerk Quotes
Sorry for being a jerk. I know things have been hard for you lately. It’s okay to be upset. You’re allowed to be sad and angry if something bad happens to you. You don’t have to pretend everything’s okay when it truly isn’t.
51. I am sorry. I have behaved badly, used you and hurt your feelings. I am so very sorry!
52. I am sorry for being a jerk to you and I want to do better.
53. I am sorry for being a jerk. I hope you are as forgiving as you are beautiful.
54. I’m sorry for all the times I’ve been a jerk. I didn’t realise that you were putting up with me because you loved me and that this is how we’re supposed to be.
55. I’m sorry I’m a jerk. I know I’m not perfect, but I want to be able to do better.
56. I promise to apologise and meet you halfway if I ever get a little too pushy again.
57. I’m only human, and sometimes I just get too caught up in my head and forget how much you mean to me.
58. I am sorry for being a jerk. I’m not perfect, but I want to change. Now, the next time that someone does something nice for me and it makes me happy, I’ll remember what you did for me and instead of being a jerk like usual, I’ll be grateful.
59. I’m sorry that I was a jerk. I understand what you’re going through, and I want to help.
60. I am sorry for being a jerk. I want to be a better person and help the ones I love.
61. I am sorry for being a jerk. I will make it up to you this weekend,” this is a cute way to say I’m sorry.
62. I am sorry I have been a jerk lately. I am working on changing. It’s hard, but I know it is the best thing for me
63. It’s not easy to make amends for something you did. But it is worth it. Here’s what I’m thinking about this week: I’m sorry for being a jerk, and I’ll try my best to change that in the future.
64. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry you had to see me so vulnerable and weak, like a little kid hit by a bus. You are strong, you are beautiful and those words do not reflect the real you.
65. I’m sorry for being a jerk. I want you to know that it doesn’t matter whether you liked me or not, but now you’re going to like me better because I own up to my mistakes and take responsibility for them.
66. I’m sorry for being a jerk, but sometimes I just can’t help it. I’m sorry for what I said and how I acted. And I understand that’s not good enough to make you feel better, but it’s the best apology I have right now.
67. I’m sorry for being a jerk lately. I know that life has been hard and that it’s unfair to take it out on you, so again, I’m sorry!
68. I feel like apologising for the things I do that hurt you as if saying sorry will make everything better. But it usually doesn’t.
69. I’m sorry for being a jerk because I know you’re not one. You’ve done nothing wrong, yet I continuously treat you this way.
Life is all about making mistakes, learning from them and trying to be a better person. Being sorry for our actions is the first step towards redemption for most people; it’s time you apologised for the way you behaved.
I hope you find the following I am sorry for being a jerk quotes very motivational, encouraging and helpful. Let me know what you think of this post in the comment section, will you? Thank you for reading, please share this post with your loved ones before you go.