When you miss your ex after a breakup, it can be hard to get over them. The first step to moving on is accepting that the breakup is over and there’s nothing you can do about it. The next step is learning how to deal with the pain and heartache that comes with losing someone you love.
It’s true that it’s difficult to get over a breakup, especially when you’ve been in a long-term relationship. You may feel sad, angry and confused, wondering what went wrong and why your ex left you. You might even wonder if it was something you did that caused the breakup.
You see, there are so many emotions involved. But it’s not just about the heartache and loneliness that comes with missing someone. There’s also guilt and regret, a sense of loss and missing their touch, their smile, the way they made you feel so special.
So, if you are looking for I miss you after breakup quotes that you can relate to, this post is for you. It is specially designed to help you to talk about missing your ex and express the feeling well.
So sit back and take a deep breath as you scroll down.
I Miss You After Breakup Quotes
Breakups happen every single day but I never expected it could happen to us. The moments after I realized it was true were the worst. I still cannot believe you are no more in my life. I miss you so much and I am barely surviving your absence. But I am thankful there are quips and quotes that are helping me through the pain and longing.
1. It’s not just the absence of you that makes me miss you, but how I imagined our life together.
2. I miss you every minute of every day. Remind me why we are broken up again.
3. I miss you, I miss us. How I wish our love would’ve lasted forever.
4. I miss you. I miss the way you smile and the way you laugh. I miss knowing your every thought and feeling them with me.
5. My heart is aching and I miss you like crazy.
6. I miss you more than I’ll ever tell you. I’m not sure I can cope without you in my life.
7. Some days, I just wanna crawl under my covers and sob into the pillow, wishing you were here.
8. I cannot believe we are no longer together. This breakup is messing with my head; I miss you.
9. There was something comforting about being around you, even when we were not physically together. Now, my world is a darker place without your smile.
10. When you don’t realize how much you love someone until they’re gone. That’s what I am experiencing right now; I didn’t realize how much I’d miss you until you were no more in my life.
11. My heart will always ache for you, but I’ve learned that if I don’t love myself, who else will?
12. You can’t always be with the one you love, that’s why we broke up but I miss you every day.
13. I am always thinking about you. I still think about the times we were together, I don’t know if I will ever get over you.
14. Missing you is like driving without a map. You keep going, but you don’t know where you’re going
15. I hate that I miss you. You’re not supposed to be here. You left me, so now I have to leave.
16. I’m aching for you to return. I miss you so much. Let’s rekindle our love.
17. I have not had a good night’s sleep since our breakup. Can we please get back together?
18. There are times when I think it would be easier now that you are gone. Then I realize no matter how hard you try, I will always love you, and nothing can change that.
19. It’s not just missing you, it is picturing us grown old together that I can no longer do.
20. You left and shattered my heart into a million pieces. You broke the promises and left me for dust. But still, I remember all we ever had, and I still envision how beautiful things could be.
21. I wish you didn’t have to walk away, but I do understand it’s for the best. Not seeing you for so long makes me miss you more and more every day.
22. I still see you in my dreams, the way you used to be. I remember holding your hands, looking into your eyes, and saying, ‘I love you.’
23. When I think of the version of you I never got to meet, it aches. To know how much without me you became; what that must have been like for you.
24. I can’t be with you, so I want you to know that you meant something to me. And while I truly wish I could be the one to spend your eternity with, I understand we are not meant to be. But I miss you.
25. I know you think about me. I know you miss me. It’s okay. There’s no need to feel guilty about moving on with your life… choose happiness!
26. I miss you. I can’t stop thinking about you. I wish things could be different, but for now, this is where we are.
27. I know why you’re here. I bet you even think about me sometimes, don’t you? Well, don’t bother. What’s in the past stays there, and I’m going to pretend that you don’t exist.
28. We had something special for a moment in time, I know it’s over now but I cannot help missing you.
29. I wish the time we spent together was still going.
30. Please, come back to me. Things were so beautiful between us. I’m lost without you.
31. I miss you. I miss the way you made me smile, and the way you told me jokes. I miss knowing your every thought and feeling them with me.
32. I can’t stop thinking about you. All I seem to do is miss you more and more. Maybe I am better off without you and maybe it’s for the best, but I am finding it hard to adjust to your absence.
33. There’s a hole deep inside my chest that nothing can fill. I can’t get over this. I’m trying to learn how to live without you, but no matter what I do, everything reminds me of you.
34. I’ve been feeling so blue these last couple of weeks. I just can’t seem to get you or your smile out of my mind.
35. There are days when all I want to do is curl up in bed and cry until my heart feels hollow. From the time I wake up, I lie there and wish that you were with me. I miss you. And then the day starts, and somehow it seems just a little bit easier for a while.
36. Sometimes I wish you were here, so I could cry into your chest and feel your arms around me.
37. There are days when I miss you so much that it hurts. When the world feels like an empty place and the pain of separation seems unbearable and it just won’t go away.
38. You remind me of everything that was good, and everything I want to forget. I miss you even though I know you are not good for me.
39. How I imagined our life together isn’t how it’s panned out. I imagined us together forever; I cannot believe we are no longer together. I miss us.
40. I bet you miss me. I bet you even think about me. I bet you wish things could be different, but they can’t. Don’t waste your time wondering why we’re not together anymore. Just know that it’s for a reason and that I’m doing fine without you.
I Miss You Quotes for Her After a Breakup
You said to everyone who cared to listen, “I’d always be there for her”. So, why can’t I see you beside me? Why are you insisting on this breakup even after you can see what it does to me? I miss you so much, I want to be back in your arms. Nothing is helping, not even my favourite quotes.
41. I had a long breakup yesterday. Terrible, I know. But I miss him so much it hurts.
42. I miss him every day. And he isn’t here with me to smile with me and make me feel better when life gets tough. How do I survive this breakup?
43. I don’t think I’ve ever been so heartbroken. I miss you more than I can say.
44. I don’t know how to begin to explain how much I miss him after this breakup.
45. I haven’t been myself since we broke up, I’m such a mess without you.
46. I miss him more and more every day. How can I move on so easily when you’re still so beautiful in my mind?
47. I miss you a lot. I tried to forget you but it’s hard when all I want is to be with you again.
48. I couldn’t tell you how much I miss him. It just feels like the world has ended and he’s gone from it.
49. My heart is aching today. I miss him so much, and it hurts to feel this way.
50. I miss his silly grins and how he always knew how to make me smile. He was my best friend, and I will never forget him.
51. I miss the way he would look at me.
52. I miss you more than I should. I wish there was a way for us to just go back to before.
53. Every time I try to smile, my heart breaks. I miss you so much that it physically hurts.
54. My love for him is like a thawing winter: it will never completely fade away. I miss him every day.
55. I miss you more than words could ever express. I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve said that to you.
56. I miss him so much. I don’t know what to do with myself.
57. I miss the way you felt next to me and I miss the way we talked. I’ll never forget how much I loved you, but it’s not enough to make me wish that kind of pain on anyone else.
58. I don’t know why it’s so hard to say goodbye. But I do know that I’ll never stop missing you.
59. He’s out of my life, but he’s never out of my heart.
60. A lot of things have changed since my break up. I miss him, but I’m trying to move on.
61. I can’t believe how much I miss him already. I’m not sure I can put into words how much.
62. I thought we could make it work, but when it got to be too much, we broke up. I miss him, but I’ve decided to move on.
63. I miss him so much. I feel so hurt. I’m trying my best to move on, but it’s not easy.
64. I just want to be with you, but I can’t. It’s too hard when we’re apart.
65. I’ve noticed that I’m missing a lot of things in my life. I feel lonely and sad. I care about him deeply, but it’s time to let him go.
66. I’m trying to put the pieces back together again. I miss him more than anything.
67. I miss him. I miss him so much. It’s as though a part of my heart is gone forever.
68. The day we broke up was the most devastating day of my life.
69. I miss him so much. I can’t even begin to describe how sad and empty my life is without him. I can’t breathe, let alone live.
70. I used to be so happy with you. You always made me feel really special but one day you got really angry and told me I had to leave. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t go on like this anymore.
71. Life without you is unbearable. I never had any friends or a place to call home after we broke up.
72. I felt like a part of me was missing and it made me miserable. I still miss you, though.
I Miss You Quotes for Him After a Breakup
Overhearing you say, “I’m done with him” was the most devastating moment of my life. Not after everything I have done for you and after everything we have gone through together. I wish didn’t miss you so much; I hope these breakup quotes I came across can help me survive this heartbreak.
73. She was my only escape from all the sadness. I wish we could go back to how things were before she walked out. Now I just feel empty and lost, like I will be alone forever.
74. I should have seen it coming, but I didn’t. She was the one, but she left me.
75. It’s been a year since I’ve seen you, but still, I miss you like this.
76. I miss you like a heart that’s been broken. I thought we’d be together forever, but we’re still apart.
77. I miss her. So much. I just want to hold her and tell her everything is gonna be okay. I miss her smile and her laugh. How she always knew what I was thinking. The way she smelled, like lilacs from springtime and vanilla from back home.
78. She was the light in my world and now she’s gone. I miss her so much.
79. Every day I wake up, and it’s another day without you. It’s never easy to get used to living your life without the one you love by your side.
80. I miss you. I wish we were still together, cause I’m in a weird place right now and I just don’t know what to do.
81. Every day I wake up, I wonder where you are and why we’re not together. You’re always on my mind, it’s so hard to get over you.
82. I miss you so much, I can’t breathe. How could you do this? You were my entire world and now you’re gone.
83. Things have been hard, but I am taking it one day at a time. Nonetheless, this needs to be said—I miss her like no one else can.
84. Even though we aren’t together anymore, I know that my heart still belongs to her.
85. My heart is aching and my soul is so raw. I can’t help but wonder if this is it. If this is the end of something beautiful.
86. When you’re with someone and everything is just so perfect. Then the relationship ends, but some of those memories will always stay with me. I miss her a lot.
87. I don’t know how I can make it in this world without you. You’re always on my mind, and I’m so lost without you.
88. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen my ex, but the fact I can still smell her perfume reminds me of how much I miss her.
89. I am relieved to be out of a relationship that wasn’t right for me, but I do miss the good times. I miss your smile, your laugh, and the way we used to talk.
90. I miss you every day, but every time I try to remember you, it all goes away.
91. I miss you so much. I can’t breathe. You were my entire world, now you’re gone.
92. I wish you were here so I could hold you and kiss you. Is it too late for us?
93. The sadness is almost as bad as losing my mom. I miss her so much, and it’s a pain that never seems to go away. Even for the happiest moments of my life, I can’t help but feel sad that she isn’t there with me.
94. I’ve been looking for a relationship that was out of this world between two people who were made for each other. I found it and unfortunately, I lost it. I will always miss her.
95. I love you and miss you. I wish we were together right now, but even miles apart, I’ll always be with you and think of you.
96. She was the one who made me realise that I could be more than this, but now she’s gone.
97. The end of every relationship is tough. but it was tougher she was really special to me. She was my soulmate.
98. I don’t know how I can ever move on with my life. Not when she isn’t around.
99. I never thought I’d miss my ex so much but I do.
100. Two souls entwined, bonded, and finally separated. Suddenly alone, yet not quite understanding why. My heart still mourns the loss of our love.
101. I’m so lost without her. I feel like there’s a black hole in my chest. It’s so painful.
102. The hardest thing to do is to accept the end of a relationship. To know you were so happy with someone, but they were not happy with you and to have to face the fact that it’s over.
And that’s it; now, you can express how sad you feel about having broken up with these I miss you after breakup quotes. Let me know what you think of these quotes in the comment section.