ou never know what will happen in life. Sometimes, when we are unprepared for it, we have to bid farewell to our near and dear ones forever. There are times when we don’t get a chance to say goodbye to our loved ones; whether it’s someone who died, someone, we have lost because they moved away, or even because they ended a relationship with us, there is always a sense of unfinished business. This unfinished business can become a source of great stress and anxiety for us.
Though you could try to get things back on track with that person in your life, however, this is not always possible. Sometimes, people just move on, and you feel like you lost them forever. Sometimes people die, and there is nothing we can do about it. In those cases, we need to find a way to work through our feelings on our own.
If you are looking for ways to express these kinds of feelings about someone you never got to say goodbye to, here are some I never got to say goodbye quotes that might help.
Here are some quotes about not having the privilege to say goodbye to someone on a journey.
I Never Got to Say Goodbye Quotes
I never got to say goodbye, and that hurts. I will never get over the pain of losing you, but when I feel sad, I remember all of the wonderful memories we shared, and it makes me smile. I miss you so much.
1. The day you left me, I couldn’t find my way home. I never got to say goodbye
2. I never got to say goodbye because I couldn’t let go.
3. Sometimes there’s no way to get closure with someone you love because you never got to say goodbye.
4. I have so much left to say to you. I never got to tell you goodbye. It’s too final. It’s just too final.
5. I never got to say goodbye. I wish I could go back in time, and tell them goodbye one last time.
6. Even though I never got to say goodbye, I love you, and I miss you, and my heart will be yours until the end of time.
7. We were two souls meant for each other that weren’t given enough time. It’s so sad that I never got to say goodbye.
8. It’s painful that I never got to say goodbye. If I could have just one more day with you, I would tell you how much you mean to me. And how much I love you.
9. I miss you so much it hurts. And the worst part is that I never got to say goodbye.
10. Although it’s too late to say goodbye, It’s not too late to try.
11. I never got to say goodbye. You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.
12. Sometimes, you don’t get to say goodbye to the people you love. But as long as you never forget them, then they will never be gone.
13. I never got to say goodbye to you. It felt too final, too forever. I didn’t want forever to end. So I just let it slip away.
14. I never got to say goodbye. If I could turn back time; if I could find a way, I’d take back those words that have hurt you, and you’d stay.
15. This is my goodbye letter to the person who made me smile even on my worst days. While it’s painful that I never got to say goodbye, I hope your new life makes you happy and gives you everything you deserve because, in the end, that’s all that matters.
16. I never got to say goodbye. You may be out of my sight but never out of my mind. I miss you.
17. The hardest part of any friendship is when it’s time to say goodbye. Even if you know that you’ll be friends for life, the sadness is still there. One of the most difficult things about life is having to say goodbye to someone you love.
18. The hardest thing in life is saying goodbye to someone you wish could stay.
19. I never got to say goodbye. Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.
20. Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day; unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear. I wish I said goodbye.
21. Even though I never got to say goodbye, I want you to understand that there comes a time in our lives when we have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.
22. I’m not going to promise you that I’ll never leave again because I don’t know if I can do that, but what I can promise is that I will never leave without saying goodbye again because you deserve more than that from me.
23. Goodbye is too final for me anyway because even when we are apart, I carry you with me in my heart everywhere I go.
24. I wish I’d had the privilege – just one more time to hold you close, look into your eyes and say, “I love you, I’ll miss you, goodbye.”
25. I never got to say goodbye to you, but that’s okay. You died doing what you loved, and I know you’re in a better place now.
26. I never got to say goodbye to you, but I think about you every day.
27. I never got the chance to kiss you goodbye. I miss you so much.
28. I never got to say goodbye. Now I guess I will have to live my life doing that every day.
29. It’s so weird because I never got a chance to say goodbye.
30. I never got the chance to say goodbye, and that is what hurts most of all.
31. I miss you, the way you were before you got sick. I miss our late-night talks, and how we used to laugh together over the stupidest things. Sadly, I never got to say goodbye.
32. I miss us, the way we were in those moments. I never got to say goodbye to you. You left so suddenly, and I was too busy trying to wrap my head around what was happening that I didn’t realize it would be for good until it was too late. Now, all I can do is remember the good times, and hold on to them they’re all I have left of you.
33. When you left me so suddenly, I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye. So please know that I love you and I miss you every day.
34. I want to be happy but something inside me screams that I am not complete, and it’s because I never got to say goodbye to you.
35. It hurts that I never got to say goodbye to you. I need to tell you that you were my everything and that even after all these years, my love for you hasn’t changed.
36. Time is passing by so fast; days and months have gone by since you were taken from us too soon. There are times when we can’t help but ask why? God has a plan for each of us here on earth; sometimes we don’t understand until we meet again in heaven above.
37. Even though I never got to say goodbye, remember how much I loved you; no one can ever take your place; missing and loving you always.
38. People always leave. Sometimes they die, sometimes they move away, and sometimes they just drop out of your life. No matter what their reason for leaving, it’s still hard to handle.
39. When someone leaves unexpectedly before you get a chance to bid them farewell or say goodbye, the pain is even worse.
40. Sometimes, you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
41. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.
42. I thought that I would have the chance to say goodbye, it was supposed to be forever. If only I knew that your life would end too soon, I would have said so much more.
43. We all know that one day we will die, but none of us really knows when that day will come. So, we go about our lives as if it will never happen as if our loved ones will be by our side for eternity.
44. When someone dies unexpectedly before we can say goodbye, there is a lot of anger and sadness. We feel cheated that they had to leave us too soon. All we want is one more day with them so we could tell them how much they meant to us.
45. If only I had the foresight to realize this was my last moment together with you, I would cherish it more, and tell you how much you mean to us.
46. I never got to say goodbye to my mother. She died so suddenly and unexpectedly, we never saw it coming. But I know in my heart that she knew how much I loved her, and that gave me peace.
47. I never got to say goodbye to my brother. He passed away in a car accident while driving home one night. It was so sudden, so unexpected, and it broke all of our hearts.
48. I never got to say goodbye to my sister. We weren’t on the best of terms when she died, but I regret not trying harder to fix things before she passed away. I wish I had been able to tell her how much I loved her before it was too late.
49. I never got to say goodbye to my father as he was going off to war. He died in combat before I could tell him how much he meant to me or how proud of him I was for serving our country.
50. I never got to say goodbye to my son. When he left for college, he said he would only be gone for the summer, but then he disappeared without a trace and has never been seen again since that day.
I Never Got the Chance to Say Goodbye Quotes
No one ever told me that grief felt so much like fear. I am not afraid, but the sensation is like being afraid. The same fluttering in the stomach, the same restlessness, the yawning. I keep on swallowing. It’s so sad that I never got the chance to say goodbye.
51. I never got the chance to say goodbye to you, but I want to say thank you for being there for me.
52. I never got the chance to say goodbye but I want you to know, I thought about you every single day.
53. I never got the chance to say goodbye. My heart is broken, and I don’t know how to fix it.
54. I never got the chance to say goodbye, but I will see you again someday.
55. I never got the chance to say goodbye when you left this world but every day I talk about you and let people know how wonderful of a man you were.
56. I wish I could have said goodbye, it’s all so unfair we never said our last words or even got the chance to care.
57. When you lose someone, you never really get over it. You just learn to live with it. I miss him every day, but I know he would not want me to be so sad. He would want me to move on and be happy because that’s who he was.
58. I still remember the first time we met, the first words you said to me, the first time we held hands, and the first kiss. I remember everything and wish I could go back in time, but I can’t, and that is what hurts me the most.
59. I never got to say goodbye to you, but that is okay because you are always in my heart.
60. We were close friends for a long time, and I never thought this moment would come. But it has. Now, I am left with all these memories of us together, but no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to see your face again or talk to you again.
61. Goodbyes make us stronger in life as every goodbye makes us realize what we have lost and makes us value relationships even more
62. I never got to say goodbye. I never said, “I love you” one last time. I guess now I must believe that you knew my heart and that it’s not the words we say but the love we feel that matters in the end.
63. And that’s all. No good-bye, no I love you, no see you soon. No explanation, no forgiveness, no second chance. Nothing but a sudden absence of everything I once thought was real, and my life is never the same again.
64. The hardest part about saying goodbye to someone is having to say hello to everyone else without them by your side.
65. Time will tell if we can truly say goodbye or if we’ll forever be stuck in the past.
66. When someone dies unexpectedly and you never got to say “goodbye” it’s normal to feel angry and bitter at the universe.
67. Time doesn’t heal all wounds, but what time can do is allow us to come to terms with our grief, and begin the healing process.
68. When there’s no closure after a relationship ends, and you didn’t get to say goodbye, it can feel like a piece of yourself has died along with any hope of healing from the pain.
69. I never got the chance for a last kiss or hug. I never got to hear “I love you” one last time. I never got to dry your tears, hold your hand or tell you how much you meant to me. I never got to tell you how proud of you I was or how many lives you touched with your smile and laugh.
70. I wasn’t there when you took your last breath, when you closed your eyes for the final time, or when your heart stopped beating. I didn’t get to say goodbye to my best friend, my hero, my soulmate, my lover, and my partner in crime. And it hurts more than anything has ever hurt before.
71. I never got to say goodbye to you, but I know you already knew because you were there with me in my dreams last night.
72. I never got the chance to say goodbye, but I hope that wherever you are right now, you know how much I love you and that I miss you so much.
73. I never got the chance to say goodbye, but I think about you every day and every night.
74. I never got the chance to say goodbye, but I hope that you knew before your time was up how much I cared for you and loved being your friend.
75. I never got to say goodbye, but all I can do is pray for you, and hope that wherever your soul is resting, it’s in peace.
76. I never got the chance to say goodbye to my grandma, and I never will. I will always miss her and love her. She was the best.
77. I want you to know that I miss you, I need you, and I regret not telling you how happy I am when we were together.
78. I still remember the day when you told me that you didn’t love me anymore. That was the day when I felt my heart being crushed into pieces knowing that you have found someone else. The worst part of all was when you left me without even letting me say goodbye.
79. So many people have died, and I never got to say goodbye. They were wonderful people, and they just seemed to have gone away. It is like a part of me has been taken away, and it’s an empty feeling.
80. Yeah, I know what you mean. I miss the days when we would spend time together. But I know you are in a better place, a place where there is no more pain or suffering. You will always be in my heart, and I will miss you every day for as long as I live.
81. I’m pushing everyone away because I can’t say goodbye to the one person who meant the most to me. So, instead of saying goodbye to you, I’m saying it to everyone else.
82. You never said you were leaving. You never said goodbye. You were gone before I knew it, and only God knew why.
83. But I know now that there are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
84. I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.
85. I think we must hold on to remembering people as they were. Remembering them as they were before they left us is what keeps us from being sad.
86. The pain of losing a loved one is very difficult, no matter how it happens or when. The truth is that we all die at some point, but it is never easy to accept. However, one thing that can make the pain even worse is when a loved one dies without the chance to say goodbye.
87. I never got to say goodbye. I never got to say ‘I love you.’ I can’t even remember the last time I saw you. I regret not saying it, but most of all, I regret not being able to tell you one more time.
88. The hardest part about losing someone is when you realize that you’ll never get to see them again. Whether they died or just left you, they’re gone forever and there’s nothing you can do about it.
89. You’ll never get the chance to talk about all those things you wanted to talk about. To laugh together one last time. To tell them how much they mean to you.
90. My heart breaks every single day knowing that my hero is no longer here with me. No one deserves to die young or at all, especially a man who had so many loved ones surrounding him every single day and was so selfless.
91. Sometimes, life doesn’t want us to have the luxury of saying goodbye, so we just have to learn how to let go instead.
92. I wanted to tell her how much I love her and how much she meant to me, but I didn’t get the chance.
93. I wish I could see you one last time just to tell you that I love you so much, and I always will and that whatever God has planned for me, it’s okay as long as I know that you will be there waiting for me when it’s my time.
94. I never got to say goodbye but then again, maybe it was a good thing because if I had seen those gates close behind her, I wouldn’t be here right now because I would have died with her.
95. You can never say goodbye, my darling. You and I will meet again. The current that flows between us can never be broken, only temporarily dammed.
96. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
97. Since your departure, the sun has lost its brightness, the sky has lost its azure freshness, the birds their carols.
98. I never got the chance to say goodbye. I’m not sure it would have helped.
99. Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again.
100. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
Hello there. I’m sure you had a good time going through the collection of I never got to say goodbye quotes up there. I’m also sure they will help ease the pain you’re going through.
Kindly drop your comments and share the post with others. Thank you.