Being the person you are meant to be is hard. Some days, we need to step back and ask: who am I now? A lot of times, our present gets overshadowed by our past. Things that happened in the past shouldn’t prohibit our future. You can choose what to do now, today.
Everyone changes throughout their life. It’s just a part of life. But sometimes, you don’t realize just how much someone has changed until you see that person after a long time apart.
For some people, change is welcome. They feel that their lives need to be improved. For others, change is an unwelcome force. They might think that the life they currently have is good enough and that there’s nothing wrong with it.
And then you’ve got those who are somewhere in the middle, perhaps accepting of changes but wanting to stay true to themselves as much as possible.
I’m definitely in the latter group — but through a series of events, I started to realize that maybe change isn’t such a bad thing after all and that it’s time for me to “let go, let God” if I want to become the person who I truly am inside, not who I used to be.
Here are some amazing quotes about I’m not who I used to be you’d ever come across.
I’m Not Who I Used To Be Quotes
I’ve been through many things, but I’m not the person I used to be. My journey has taken me on a winding road, and I’ve lost myself along the way at times.
1. When I was younger, I hated being me. Now that I’m older, I wonder if who I am now is better than who I used to be.
2. No matter how much time has passed, you will never be who you used to be. You have grown into a different person with different experiences. Be proud of that.
3. Growing is inevitable, but maturity is optional. We’re not perfect. Rather than being our past selves, remember to keep growing.
4. I am not where I want to be, and I have lost a lot in the journey. I have had to make many changes and work hard to get back what is most important.
5. Try not to get lost while you’re out discovering new things. And when you do find yourself in a new place, make sure you keep your old self in mind.
6. No one can go back and make a brand new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.
7. You are not your mother’s daughter. You are not who you used to be. Like sunshine, you have a new place in the world and memories of the past won’t do.
8. We were never meant to stay the same—and that’s good news. Discard your old, tired thoughts and ideas, and allow curiosity, motivation, and a yearning for change to roam freely throughout your being.
9. Change is inevitable, even if you don’t like it. Be ready for a new chapter to start, and be proud of who you are now.
10. I am no longer what I used to be: so much has changed in me.
11. It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for the person you are not.
12. Every day, I pushed myself to the limit and learned a little more about who I am. I’m nowhere near the person I used to be.
13. Sometimes, the most frightening thing isn’t stepping into the dark. It’s letting go of your light.
14. It took me a while to realize I should not be who I used to be.
15. Think different. The person you used to be doesn’t matter anymore.
16. Not everyone you are used to will fit who you are today. Sometimes, it’s the little things that make the biggest differences.
17. I am not the same person I used to be. I am better.
18. If you were an awkward teenage girl, it’s okay because you’re not anymore.
19. Don’t focus on who you are or were, but who you want to be.
20. I used to be a beautiful ballerina. Now I eat carrots and hang out with foxes all day. People who matter don’t mind that you have changed.
21. I used to spend most of my energy lamenting what I’d lost. Now I spend the majority of it dreaming about what could be.
22. Summer taught me that I couldn’t stand in the past. There is no place for yesterday, and there’s got to be a better day for today!
23. I’m no longer the person I used to be, and who I am now is a lot better!
24. I don’t want to become the person I used to be. I am enough as I am right now, right here.
25. People always tell me to be myself, but how do I be myself when I’m not sure who I am anymore?
26. Every day is a new chance to be a better you.
27. Don’t miss out because you’re not who you used to be. Change is good—for the soul, mind and body.
28. It’s not who you were; it’s who you choose to be, and sometimes, who you used to be isn’t so bad.
29. I am not the same person I used to be, but I think I’m better in some ways.
30. I don’t know who this person was, the one I got rid of.
31. You don’t have to be perfect. You have to do your best every day.
32. I have to remind myself that I’m not where I used to be. I’m somewhere better.
33. If you are not changing, you are either stagnant or dying.
34. You don’t have to be who you once were. You’re someone new, someone better. Be that person today and every day.
35. I will be the kind of person I need when I need that person.
36. Don’t be afraid to let go of the past. It’s imperfect, challenging, and it’s over.
37. Just because your old identity is gone, it doesn’t mean you never had one.
38. It’s never too late to be the person you might have been.
39. It takes a lot of courage to see the world in a different light, shed what no longer serves you and step into the person you were always meant to be.
40. Life is all about change, but it doesn’t have to be scary. New job? Same you. New style? Different you.
41. When you’re moving toward a goal and don’t see immediate results, you have to remember that you’re not where you used to be but where you are now. Don’t judge yourself, the journey by what you were at some point in the past, only by who and where you are today.
42. You’re changing, but that’s okay. You’re an evolving creature of the universe, overflowing with infinite possibility and potential.
43. Change for the better is never easy, but it’s always worth it. Stay humble. Work hard.
44. Growing is painful, but how you grow will define you. It’s time you need not be who you used to be.
45. Life isn’t about being the same. It’s about being better.
46. I am a lot better than I used to be—someone new. I’ve changed, grown. Not out of choice, but because that’s the way life goes on.
47. Don’t be someone that barely contains whatever the hell she has been through, but instead try to be more like who you are becoming.
48. The person you see in the mirror is not who you used to be.
49. I’m thankful for who I used to be, but I’m even more excited to see who I am becoming.
50. It’s hard to be someone else when the person you wanted to be has been taken.
51. I used to be afraid of the dark, and now I love the night as much as I love the day.
52. It’s not about “growing up,” it’s about growing into yourself.
53. If you don’t change, you stay the same. If you don’t stay the same, you get left behind.
54. You’re stronger than you think. And it’s okay to ask for help.
55. We can’t go back to the past, but we can certainly grow from lessons learned.
56. Change is the only constant in life. So we have to be flexible and adjust to different situations.
57. No matter how hard you try, you can’t shake off yesterday because the way you think is the way you act.
58. If you don’t like the person you are, stop being that person.
59. Don’t get stuck in your old ways. Keep evolving through life. Get a fresh start by starting the day off on the right side of the bed.
No matter what’s happened in the past, you can look at your life today and say, “I’m not who I used to be.” That’s a very powerful thing.
You can be the person you’ve always wanted to be. It will take hard work and commitment on your part, but you can change—and no one can stop you from doing so.
And I hope you find this collection of I’m not who I used to be quotes helpful, and don’t forget to hit the share button if you like this post.